GKV MCA 2017 Entrance Exam
Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya invites applications from the eligible candidates for GKV MCA 2017 Entrance Exam for admission to MCA Course for the academic year 2017 – 2018.
MCA Courses Offered in Different Campus :
- Main Campus ( for male candidates only )
- Kanya Gurukula Campus , Dehradun ( for female candidates only )
GKV MCA 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Candidate should have completed Graduate with minimum 50% marks and Mathematics as one subject at the Intermediate ( 10+2 ) level.
GKV MCA 2017 Seats
Number of seats for MSc / MCA : Seats filled on the basis of GKV MCA 2017 Entrance Test :
- Male Group : 44 seats
- Female Group : 44 seats
- For NRI candidates Male Group : 2 seats
- For NRI candidates Female Group : 2 seats
Note : Number of seats can be changed without any prior notice. The vacant NRI / Sponsored / NRI Sponsored seats ( if any ) may be filled on the basis of merit list of the GKV MCA 2017 Entrance Examination.
Reservation Category :
B : 27% ( Non – creamy layer )*
C : 15%
D : 7.5%
E : 3% ( Horizontal )
F : 20% of the seats filled on the basis of entrance test ( Horizontal )
- For O.B.C. Category, Caste Certificate issued by the Government of India will be accepted only.
- Reservation category B, E & F seats, if vacant, may be filled amongst general category candidates.
GKV 2017 MCA Exam Pattern
Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya 2017 MCA Entrance Exam will be conducted in the English Language.
GKV MCA 2017 Entrance Exam Marks distribution will be as follows :
- Mathematics & Statistics : 70 Marks
- Mental Ability : 15 Marks
- General Awareness : 15 Marks
To know more about GKV MCA Eligibility Click Here
GKV MCA 2017 Application Form
GKV MCA 2017 Application Form and Information Brochure for entrance examination can be obtained from the office of the following address :
Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya,
Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya MCA 2017 Application Form can be obtained by paying 600/- in cash or by sending a demand draft of 650/- to the “Registrar, Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar”.
The demand draft should be in favour of “Registrar, Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya” payable at Haridwar.
The candidates appearing in the final year of qualifying examination ( except N.R.I. / Sponsored / N.R.I. Sponsored / Foreign candidates ) are also eligible to apply. Such candidates will have to submit compulsorily their complete final result of qualifying examination upto October, 2017, failing which their admission shall be treated as cancelled.
Last date for submitting GKV MCA 2017 Application Form : 30th May, 2017.
Filled in GKV MCA 2017 Application Form for entrance examination may be submitted to the office of the following address :
Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya,
Candidate may also download application form from Vishwavidyalaya Website : http://gkv.ac.in/ & submit completely filled in application alongwith demad draft of 600/-.
- No examination fee shall be paid by the candidate while submitting application form. However, downloaded application from website http://gkv.ac.in/ will only be accepted alongwith requisite fee ( 600/- ).
- Write the name of the course applied on the top of the envelop and your name and course on the back of the demand draft while demanding GKV MCA 2017 Application Form.
- Sponsored / N.R.I. / N.R.I. Sponsored / Foreign candidates will have to submit compulsorily the complete result of the qualifying examination along with application form.
- Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya MCA 2017 Admit Cards shall be despatched by Registered Post. If any candidate does not receive the admit card before three days of the date of entrance examination, he / she should contact the Registrar office personally along with with documentary evidence.
- In case the candidate does not receive the admit card or loses it, he / she can get duplicate admit card by paying 50/- in cash and submitting a passport size photograph.
- Vishwavidyalaya shall not be responsible for any postal delay.
- If the information furnished by the candidate is found false his / her eligibility shall be cancelled even after issuing the admit card.
To know more about GKV MCA Application Form Click Here
GKV MCA 2017 Exam Centres
*Examination centre may be changed if the number of the candidates are less than 50.
Note : Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya 2017 MCA Entrance Examination Centre may be changed if the number of candidates are less.
GKV MCA 2017 Syllabus
(A) Mathematics & Statistics ( 70 Marks )
Linear Algebra ( 10 Marks ) : Solution of simultaneous equations, addition and multiplication of matrices, computation of inverse and rank of matrix, vector spaces sub spaces, bases and dimensions, linear transformation.
Co – ordinate Geometry ( 10 Marks ) : Circles, tangent and normal, orthogonal circles, coaxial system of circles, parabola, ellipse and hyperbola, their equations in standard form and simple properties.
Differential and Integral Calculus ( 10 Marks ) : Differentiation of algebaric, exponential and logarithmic functions, Application to simple problems of maxima and minima, partial differentiation of the functions of two variables, integration of functions by substitution, partial fractions, integration by parts. Definite integrals and their properties for finding areas, volumes and surfaces of simple curves, simpson’s and trapezoidal rules.
Differential and Difference Equations ( 10 Marks ) : Linear differential equation of first degree and first order, difference equations of first order.
Vector ( 10 Marks ) : Vector product of two vectors, scalar triple product and vector triple product, differentiation and integration of vectors.
Number System ( 10 Marks ) : Natural numbers, integers, rational and irrational numbers, complex and real numbers, binary numbers.
Statistics ( 10 Marks ) : Theory of probability, Averages dispersion, cofficient of variation, skewness, coefficient of correlation and interpolation, fitting of curves, method of least squares, Binomal, Poisson and normal distribution.
(B) Mental Ability ( 15 Marks )
Series, figure, characters, words etc. matching and sequence completeness, logical functions, truth tables etc.
(C) General Awareness ( 15 Marks )
About current affairs and computers.
To know more about GKV MCA Syllabus Click Here
GKV MCA 2017 Results
GKV MCA 2017 Entrance Exam Date
Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya MCA Entrance Exam Results will be declared on 15th July, 2017.
To know more about GKV MCA Results Click Here
GKV MCA 2017 Counselling
Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya MCA 2017 Admission to various courses shall be given in order of merit of entrance examination through counselling. Candidates have to come for counselling in order of their merit on the 27th July, 2017.
GKV 2017 MCA Counselling shall be continued on the next day if it does not complete within specified time. Candidates are supposed to arrange their boarding and lodging themselves.
Candidates in the merit list have to come for counseling along with the following documents :
- Admit card of the GKV MCA 2017 Entrance Examination
- Attested copy of High School Certificate
- Attested copy of High School Marksheet
- Attested copy of Intermediate Marksheet
- Attested copies of marksheets of all years of Graduation
- Character certificate ( original copy )
- Migration certificate ( original copy )
- Reservation category certificate (attested copy)
- Four passport size photographs
- If there is gap between the passing year of last examination and the admission, the candidate shall have to submit an affidavit by notary on the prescribed format
Original copy of all the above certificates / documents ( for verification ).
Candidate will have to deposit 1000/- ( Non Refundable ) as Counselling / GKV MCA Exam 2017 Processing fee at the time of counselling.
Fee should be deposited immediately after the admission granted. If candidate fails to deposit the fee at the time of admission, his / her admission shall be treated as cancelled. In case of seats remains vacant after first counselling, second counselling will be held.
To know more about GKV MCA Counselling Click Here
GKV MCA 2017 Important Dates
|1||Last date for submitting the filled in Application Form||30th May, 2017|
|2||Last date for submitting the filled in Application Form for Sponsored / NRI / NRI Sponsored / Foreign Candidates||8th July, 2017|
|3||Entrance Examination Date||29th June, 2017 ( 08:30 AM to 10:30 AM )|
|4||Declaration of Results||15th July, 2017|
|5||Date of Counselling for NRI / Foreign candidates of MCA||25th July, 2017|
|6||Date of Counselling for admission to MCA||27th July, 2017|
|7||Date of Counseling for admission against vacant seats in all courses after main Counselling||1st August, 2017|
|8||Commencement of Teaching||3rd August, 2017|
|9||Last date for submitting the result of qualifying examination & Migration certificate||15th October, 2017|
Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidayalaya,
P.O Gurukula Kangri,
Haridwar – 249 404,
Telephone No. : 01334 – 249013,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.gkv.ac.in.
|GKV MCA 2017 Online Application Form : http://www.gkvedu.com/icr_regn.aspx|