Telangana State Integrated Common Entrance Test – TS ICET 2016
TSICET 2016 is the first Telangana State Integrated Common Entrance Test ( TSICET ) for admission into M.B.A. and M.C.A. courses of all the Universities in Telangana State and their affiliated colleges. This test is being conducted by Kakatiya University, Warangal on behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education, Hyderabad.
In terms of orders issued by the Government of Telangana State and the proceedings by Telangana State Council of Higher Education, Hyderabad, online applications are invited for appearance at the Telangana State Integrated Common Entrance Test for admission into 1st year MBA / MCA Degree Courses for the academic year 2016 – 2017 in the following universities and their affiliated colleges offering MBA / MCA Programs.
- Prof. Jayashankar Agricultural University ( PJAU ),
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University ( BRAOU ),
- JNT University, Hyderabad ( JNTU-H ),
- Kakatiya University ( KU ),
- Mahatma Gandhi University ( MGU ),
- Osmania University ( OU ),
- Palamuru University ( PU ),
- Satavahana University ( SU ),
- Telangana University ( TU ).
TS ICET 2016 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates should be Indian Nationals and should satisfy local / non-local status requirements laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions (Regulations of Admission) Order, 1974 as amended up to date (as per G.O. Ms. No. 25, dt: 19.03.2004 & G.O.Ms.No.108, Higher Education Department, dated 30-7- 2005 and its amendments).
- The candidates other than Indian Nationals should satisfy the rules of the Universities concerned.
- The candidates seeking admission:
- For MBA : Should have passed recognized Bachelors Degree Examination of minimum three years duration.
- For MCA : Should have passed recognized Bachelors Degree examination of minimum three years duration with Mathematics at 10+2 level.
- As per the latest AICTE Approval Process Handbook 2016-16, eligibility criteria for admission into MBA and MCA courses is 50% ( 45% for reserved categories ) of marks at the qualifying examination. Candidates shall fulfill the eligibility criteria laid down in relevent GOs at the time of admissions.
- The qualifying Degree obtained by Distance Mode Program should have recognition by Joint Committee of UGC, AICTE and DEC.
- The candidates who are appearing for the final year degree examination shall also be eligible to appear for TSICET 2016.
- Admission into any college depends on its Recognition /Affiliation by the Statutory Bodies.
- Qualifying marks in TSICET 2016 is 25% and no minimum marks are prescribed for SC / ST candidates.
To know more about Eligibility Criteria Click Here
TS ICET 2016 Exam pattern
|Sections||No. of Questions||Duration of Test|
|Section – A : Analytical Ability||2 1/2 Hours ( 150 Minutes )|
|(i) Data Sufficiency||20|
|(ii) Problem Solving||55|
|Section – B : Mathematical Ability|
|(i) Arithmetical Ability||35|
|(ii) Algebraical and Geometrical Ability||30|
|(iii) Statistical Ability||10|
|Section – C : Communication Ability|
|(ii) Business and Computer Terminology||10|
|(iii) Functional Grammar||15|
|(iv) Reading Comprehension||15|
To know more about Exam pattern Click Here
TS ICET 2016 Exam Centres
The TS ICET 2016 examination will be held at the following 16 Regional Test Centers in Telangana State.
To know more about Exam Centres Click Here
TS ICET 2016 Application Form
- TS ICET 2016 Applications are available on the websites www.tsicet.org.
- TS ICET 2016 Applications should be submitted through online mode only.
- The Registration fee for online submission and late fee, if applicable, may be paid at TS online Centers in Telangana and also through payment gateway ( Credit card / Debit card / Net Banking )
Application Fee :
- For SC / ST Candidates : 250 /-
- For Other Candidates : 350 /-
To know more about Application Form Click Here
TS ICET 2016 Syllabus
Section – A : Analytical Ability : ( 75 Marks )
1.Data Sufficiency : (20 Marks)
A question is given followed by data in the form of two statements labeled as i and ii. If the data given in i alone is sufficient to answer the question then choice (1) is the correct answer. If the data given in ii alone is sufficient to answer the question then choice (2) is the correct answer. If both i and ii put together are sufficient to answer the question but neither statement alone is sufficient, then choice (3) is the correct answer. If both i and ii put together are not sufficient to answer the question and additional data is needed, then choice (4) is the correct answer.
2. Problem Solving : ( 55 Marks )
a) Sequences and Series : ( 25 Marks )
Analogies of numbers and alphabet, completion of blank spaces following the pattern in a:b::c:d relationship; odd thing out: missing number in a sequence or a series.
b) Data Analysis : ( 10 Marks )
The data given in a Table, Graph, Bar diagram, Pie Chart, Venn Diagram or a Passage is to be analyzed and the questions pertaining to the data are to be answered.
c) Coding and Decoding Problems : ( 10 Marks )
A code pattern of English Alphabet is given. A given word or a group of letters are to be coded or decoded based on the given code or codes.
d) Date, Time & Arrangement Problems : ( 10 Marks )
Calendar problems, clock problems, blood relationships, arrivals, departures and schedules, seating arrangements, symbol and notation interpretation.
Section – B : Mathematical Ability : ( 75 Marks )
I.Arithmetical Ability: (35 Marks)
Laws of indices, ratio and proportion; surds; numbers and divisibility, l.c.m. and g.c.d; Rational numbers, Ordering.; Percentages; Profit and loss; Partnership, Pipes and cisterns, time, distance and work problems, areas and volumes, mensuration, modular arithmetic.
II. Algebraical and Geometrical Ability : ( 30 Marks )
Statements, Truth tables, implication converse and inverse, Tautologies-Sets, Relations and functions, applications – Equation of a line in different forms.
Trigonometry – Trigonometric ratios, Trigonometric ratios of standard angles, (0°, 30°, 45°, 60°, 90°, 180°): Trigonometric identities: sample problems on heights and distances, Polynomials; Remainder theorem and consequences; Linear equations and expressions; Progressions, Binomial Theorem, Matrices, Notion of a limit and derivative; Plane geometry – lines, Triangles, Quadrilaterals, Circles, Coordinate geometry-distance between points.
III. Statistical Ability : ( 10 Marks )
Frequency distributions, Mean, Median, Mode, Standard Deviations, Correlation, simple problems on Probability.
Section – C : Communication Ability : ( 50 Marks )
Objectives of the Test
Candidates will be assessed on the ability to
- Identify vocabulary used in the day-to-day communication.
- understand the functional use of grammar in day-to-day communication as well as in the business contexts.
- Identify the basic terminology and concepts in computer and business contexts ( letters, reports, memoranda, agenda, minutes etc.).
- Understand written text and drawing inferences.
Part 1. Vocabulary (10M)
Part 2. Business and Computer terminology (10M)
Part 3. Functional Grammar (15M)
Part 4. Reading Comprehension (3 Passages) (15M)
To know more about Syllabus Click Here
TS ICET 2016 Results
TS ICET MBA MCA 2016 Entrance Exam Results will be declared on 31st May, 2016.
To know more about Results Click Here
TS ICET 2016 Counselling
The qualified candidates of TS ICET 2016 are informed to attend certificate verification in any one of the Help Line Centers ( HLCs ) Whose list will be placed in website : www.tsicet.org on First Week of June, 2016 at 5:00 PM.
TS ICET 2016 Fee to be Paid : ( At the Time of Certificate Verification )
- Processing Fee : 600/- ( OC / BC ), 300/- ( SC / ST ).
- Fee particulars and seats available under Convenor Quota college wise will be available on the website : www.tsicet.org well before the commencement of Option Entry.
To know more about Counselling Click Here
TS ICET 2016 Important Dates
|1||Notification Date TSICET-2016.||28th February, 2016 ( Sunday )|
|2||Start of Submission & Registration of Online Application form.||01st March, 2016 ( Tuesday )|
|3||Last date for Submission & Registration of Online Application form without late fee.||05th April, 2016 ( Tuesday )|
|4||Last date for Submission & Registration of Online Application with late fee of 500/- and 250 Registration Fee.||16th April, 2016 ( Saturday )|
|5||Last date for Submission & Registration of Online Application with late fee of 2000/- and 250 Registration Fee.||25th April, 2016 ( Monday )|
|6||Last date for Submission & Registration of Online Application with late fee of 5000/- and 250 Registration Fee.||05th May, 2016 ( Thursday )|
|7||Last date for Submission & Registration of Online Application with late fee of 10000/- and 250 Registration Fee.||16th May, 2016 ( Monday )|
|8||Start of Downloading Hall Tickets.||29th April, 2016 ( Friday )|
|9||Date and Time of TS ICET 2016 Examination.||19th May, 2016 ( Thursday )
10.00AM to 12.30PM
|10||Announcement of Preliminary Key.||21st May, 2016 ( Saturday )|
|11||Last Date for Submission of Objections on Preliminary Key.||24th May, 2016 ( Wednesday )|
|12||Announcement of Final Key and Test Entrance Results.||31st May, 2016 ( Tuesday )|
University College of Commerce and Business Management,
Kakatiya University, Vidyaranyapuri,
Warangal – 506 009. Telangana State.
Telephone No : 0870-2438088
Fax No : 0870-2458088
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.tsicet.org
mca entrance exam - icet -