Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission Test – IIT JAM 2019MCA Entrance Exam /
Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. ( JAM ) 2019
Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. ( JAM ) 2019 will be held on 10th February, 2019 ( Sunday ) for admission to Integrated Ph.D. degree programmes at MSc Bangalore ( HSc ) and M.Sc. ( Two Years ), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D, M.Sc.-Ph.D. dual degree, M.Sc.-M.Tech., M.Sc.- M.S. ( Research ) / Ph.D. dual degree and other post-Bachelor degree programmes at NTs ( Bhubaneswar ( IITBBS ), Bombay ( IITB ), Delhi ( IITD ), Gandhinagar ( IITGN ), Guwahati ( IITG ), Hyderabad ( IITH ), Indore ( IITI ), Jodhpur ( IITJ ), Kanpur ( IITK ), Kharagpur ( IITKgp ), Madras ( IITM ), Patna ( IITP ), Roorkee ( IITR ) and Ropar ( IITRPR ) ) for the academic session 2019.
However, JAM score may also be used by other Institutions for admission to their programmes. JAM 2019 is open to all nationals. But, foreign nationals will be required to satisfy the rules and regulations of the admitting Institute(s) pertaining to foreign students for admission.
JAM 2019 is being organized by IIT Kharagpur . All correspondence related to JAM 2019 must be addressed to the following
Organizing Chairperson JAM-2019
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur,
Kharagpur – 721302, West Bengal.
To know more about JAM – Click Here
JAM Eligibility for Admission 2019
The candidates who qualify in JAM 2019 shall have to fulfill the following Eligibility Requirements ( ER ) for admissions in IITs.
- All candidates admitted through JAM should have a Bachelor’s degree.
- In the qualifying degree, the aggregate marks or CGPA / CPI without rounding-off ( taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined ) should be at least 55% or 5.5 out of 10 for General / OBC ( NCL ) category candidates and 50% or 5.0 out of 10 for SC / ST and PwD category candidates.
For Candidates with letter grades / CGPA (instead of percentage of marks), the equivalence in percentage of marks will be decided by the Admitting Institute ( s ).
Proof of having passed the Qualifying Degree with the Minimum Educational Qualifications ( MEQ ) as specified by the Admitting Institute should be submitted by 30th September, 2019.
At the time of admission, all admitted candidates will have to submit a physical fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner in the prescribed form. At the time of admission, the admitted candidates may also have to undergo a physical fitness test by a medical board constituted by the Admitting Institute. In case a candidate is not found physically fit to pursue his/her chosen course of study, his / her admission is liable to be cancelled.
It will entirely be the responsibility of the Candidate to prove that he / she satisfies the Minimum Educational Qualifications ( MEQs ) and Eligibility Requirements ( ERs ) for Admission. The Admitting Institute has the right to cancel, at any stage, the admission of a candidate who is found to have been admitted to a course to which he / she is not entitled, being unqualified or ineligible in accordance with the rules and regulations in force.
To know more about JAM Eligibility – Click Here
JAM Exam Pattern 2019
The JAM 2019 Examination for all the seven test papers will be carried out as ONLINE Computer Based Test ( CBT ) where the candidates will be shown the questions in a random sequence on a computer screen. For all the seven test papers, the duration of the examination will be 3 hours. The medium for all the test papers will be English only. There will be a total of 60 questions carrying 100 marks. The entire paper will be divided into three sections, A, B and C. All sections are compulsory. Questions in each section will be of different types as given below:
- Section–A contains a total of 30 Multiple Choice Questions ( MCQ ) involving 10 questions of one mark each and 20 questions of two marks each. Each MCQ type question has four choices out of which only one choice is the correct answer. Candidates can mark the answer by clicking the choice.
- Section–B contains a total of 10 Multiple Select Questions ( MSQ ) carrying two marks each. Each MSQ type question is similar to MCQ but with a difference that there may be one or more than one choice ( s ) that are correct out of the four given choices. The candidate gets full credit only if he / she selects all the correct answers only and no wrong answers. Candidates can mark the answer ( s ) by clicking the choice ( s ).
- Section–C contains a total of 20 Numerical Answer Type ( NAT ) questions involving 10 questions of one mark each and 10 questions of two marks each. For these NAT type questions, the answer is a signed real number, which needs to be entered using the virtual numeric keypad on the monitor. No choices will be shown for these types of questions.
- In all sections, questions not attempted will result in zero mark. In Section-A ( MCQ ), wrong answer will result in negative marks. For each wrong answer of 1 mark questions, 1 / 3 mark will be deducted and similarly for each wrong answer of 2 marks questions, 2 / 3 mark will be deducted. In Section-B ( MSQ ), there are no negative and no partial marking provisions. There is no negative marking in Section-C ( NAT ) as well.
- There is provision of using online virtual calculator and hence, the candidates should not bring any calculator with them.
- Mobile phones or any other electronic devices are strictly prohibited inside examination hall. Charts, graph sheets, and tables are also NOT allowed inside the examination hall.
- A scribble pad will be provided for rough work and this has to be returned back at the end of the examination.
- The candidates are required to select the answer for MCQ and MSQ type questions using the mouse. The answer for NAT questions can be entered using a virtual numeric keypad ( the keyboard of the computer will be disabled ). At the end of the 3 hours, the computer will automatically end the examination.
Use of unfair means by a candidate in JAM 2019, whether detected at the time of examination, or at any other stage, will lead to the cancellation of his / her candidature as well as disqualification of the candidate from appearing in JAM in future. The candidates are advised to visit the JAM 2019 website for more details on the patterns of questions for JAM 2019, including examples of the questions. Candidates will also be able to take a mock examination through a ‘Mock Test’ link that will be made available on the website closer to the examination date.
To know more about JAM Test Pattern – Click Here
JAM Application Form 2019
How to apply
- The JAM information brochure and all other information related to JAM 2019 will be updated time to time on the website gate.iitkgp.ac.in.
- A candidate can register and apply ONLINE only for JAM 2019 from 05th September, 2018 to 12th October, 2018. The JAM application fee can be paid online. The JAM application fee is non refundable.
- Female ( All Categories ) / SC / ST / PwD Candidate – [rupee]750/- ( for ONE Test Paper ) & [rupee]1050/- ( for TWO Test Papers )
- All Others – [rupee]1500/- ( for ONE Test Paper ) & [rupee]2100/ ( for TWO Test Papers )
To know more about JAM Application Form – Click Here
JAM Admit Card 2019
- An Admit Card, bearing the Candidate’s Name, Registration Number, Photograph, Signature and Name ( s ) and Code ( s ) of the Test Paper ( s ) applied along with the Name and Address of the Test Centre allotted, will be available for download from JAM 2019 website from 04th January, 2019 till Examination Date.
- Admit Cards will not be sent by post / E-mail. The Candidate should carefully examine the Admit Card for all the entries made therein. In case of any discrepancy, the Candidate should inform the Organizing Chairman, JAM 2019, IIT Kharagpur immediately.
- If a candidate is not able to download the Admit Card, then the Chairman JAM of the respective IISc / IITs ( See Appendix III ), under which the first choice Test City / Town of the candidate falls, may be contacted through Phone / Fax / E-mail, giving the Online Enrolment ID, Name, E-mail ID, Mobile Number, Mailing Address and City Code of the desired Test Centre ( first choice ) to get information about the Registration Number and the Name of the Test Centre allotted.
- A printout of the downloaded Admit Card must be brought to the test centre along with the original and valid photo identification. Please note that you have to give the details of this ID proof while filling the online application. No candidate will be permitted to appear in JAM 2019 examination without a valid Admit Card, and a valid and original ID. The Admit Card should be presented to the invigilators / JAM officials for verification.
- The Admit Card of JAM 2019 must be carefully preserved by the Candidate and produced at the time of admission, if required by the Admitting Institute.
- The Organizing Institute may withdraw the permission granted to a candidate to appear in JAM 2019, if it is found that the candidate is not eligible to appear in the exam, even though an Admit Card has been issued and is produced by the candidate before the Presiding Officer of the Test Centre
JAM Admission Selection Process 2019
- Admission to the above mentioned academic programmes in HSc Bangalore and NTs for the academic session 2019 will be made on the basis of all India merit list of JAM 2019.
- Candidates who qualify in any test paper of JAM 2019 shall be eligible to apply for admission to all the academic programmes corresponding to that test paper, provided they also satisfy the minimum educational qualifications and the eligibility requirements, as specified by the Institute ( s ) in which the admission is sought.
- After the declaration of JAM 2019 results, qualified candidates shall be required to apply to the Organizing Institute ( IIT Delhi ) specifying their preferences for the programmes for which the admission is sought.
- Candidates should note that being in the merit list of any test paper neither guarantees nor provides any automatic entitlement for admission.
- Further details regarding admissions, prescribed fees, etc.will be updated on the JAM 2019 website.
To know more about JAM Admission Procedure – Click Here
JAM Exam Centers 2019
- The JAM 2019 Examination is conducted in collaboration with eight zones. The names of these eight zones and the locations of Examination Cities / Towns for JAM 2019 are listed zone-wise in Appendix-III.
- Candidates must specify their first, second and third choice cities at the time of applying for JAM 2019 examination.
- When the choice of first city is made, then the zone gets determined and the candidates will be able to choose the second choice city from the same zone.
- The third choice city can be chosen from anywhere in India including from the same zone. If enough number of candidates are not available at a listed City / Town, then the City / Town may be dropped from the final list, and those candidates will be allotted a centre in the city of their second choice or third choice. However, because of operational constraints, the JAM 2019 Committee reserves the right to add a new city or remove an existing one, and allot a city that may not be any one of the choices stated by the candidate.
- An examination city may have one or more examination centres. A centre once allotted will not normally be changed. A request for change of a centre within the same City / Town will NOT be permitted. In exceptional circumstances, a change of examination City / Town may be permitted, if a request with a valid reason for the same is received in the office of the Organizing Chairperson, JAM 2019, IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur 721302, on or before 30th October, 2018, along with a Demand Draft for [rupee]500/- drawn in favour of “JAM 2019”, on any Nationalized Bank, payable at Kharagpur. Note that payment of [rupee]500/- does not necessarily guarantee the change of centre. The decision of the Organizing Chairperson, JAM 2019, in this regard will be final.
- The following are the full-time M.Sc. ( Two Years ), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, M.Sc.- M.Tech., and other Post-Bachelor’s Degree Programmes at different IITs and Integrated Ph.D. Programmes at IISc to which admissions shall be made on the basis of JAM 2019.
|IISc Bangalore||Bengaluru, Hubli, Hyderabad, Kozhikode, Mangalore, Palakkad, Trissur|
|IIT Bombay||Ahmedabad, Goa, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nasik, Pune, Vadodara|
|IIT Delhi||Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Gurgaon, Hisar, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, New Delhi|
|IIT Guwahati||Asansol- Durgapur, Dhanbad, Guwahati, Jorhat, Kalyani, Patna, Siliguri|
|IIT Kanpur||Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bhopal, Kanpur, Lucknow, Varanasi|
|IIT Kharagpur||Bhubaneswar, Kharagpur, Kolkata, Raipur, Ranchi, Vijaywada, Visakhapatnam|
|IIT Madras||Chennai, Coimbatore, Ernakulam, Kollam, Kottayam, Madurai, Thiruvananthapuram, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Warangal,|
|IIT Roorkee||Dehradun, Jalandhar, Kurukshetra, NOIDA, Mohali, Moradabad, Roorkee|
To know more about JAM Exam Centers – Click Here
JAM Syllabus 2019
JAM 2019 contains the following syllabus.
- Biological Sciences
- Mathematical Statistics
To know more about JAM Syllabus – Click Here
JAM Results 2019
JAM Exam Date
Joint Admission Test will be conducted on 10th February, 2019
JAM result Date
Joint Admission Test Result will be declared on 20th March, 2019
To know more about JAM Results – Click Here
JAM Counselling 2019
To know more about JAM Counselling – Click Here
JAM Preparation Tips
To know more about JAM Preparation Tips – Click Here
JAM Important Dates 2019
|1||Commencement of ONLINE Registration and Application |
on JAM 2019 Website
|05th September, 2018|
|2||Last Date for Online Application Submission and Uploading |
of Documents on the Website
|12th October, 2018|
|3||Admit Card Download||04th January, 2019|
|4||Mock Test link||10th January, 2019|
|5||Date of JAM 2019 Examination||10th February, 2019|
|6||Announcement of the Results of JAM 2019||20th March, 2019|
|7||Submission of Application Form for Admission on the JAM 2019 |
|11th - 24th April, 2019|
|8||Last Date for receipt of request for change of category in proper |
format / rectification of defective documents at IIT Kharagpur
|To be announced later|
|9||Declaration of First Admission List||To be announced later|
|10||Declaration of Second Admission List||To be announced later|
|11||Declaration of Third and Final Admission List||To be announced later|
|12||Closure of Admissions through JAM 2019||To be announced later|
To know more about JAM Important Dates – Click Here
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur,
Kharagpur – 721302, West Bengal.
Website : gate.iitkgp.ac.in.