IIT JAM Exam Centres
- The JAM Examination is conducted in collaboration with eight zones. The names of these eight zones and the locations of Examination Cities / Towns for JAM are listed zone-wise in Appendix-III.
- Candidates must specify their first, second and third choice cities at the time of applying for JAM examination.
- When the choice of first city is made, then the zone gets determined and the candidates will be able to choose the second choice city from the same zone.
- The third choice city can be chosen from anywhere in India including from the same zone. If enough number of candidates are not available at a listed City / Town, then the City / Town may be dropped from the final list, and those candidates will be allotted a centre in the city of their second choice or third choice. However, because of operational constraints, the JAM Committee reserves the right to add a new city or remove an existing one, and allot a city that may not be any one of the choices stated by the candidate.
- An examination city may have one or more examination centres. A centre once allotted will not normally be changed. A request for change of a centre within the same City / Town will NOT be permitted. In exceptional circumstances, a change of examination City / Town may be permitted, if a request with a valid reason for the same is received in the office of the Organizing Chairperson, JAM, IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur 721302, on or before 30th October, 2021. Note that payment of [rupee]500/- does not necessarily guarantee the change of centre. The decision of the Organizing Chairperson, JAM , in this regard will be final.
- The following are the full-time M.Sc. ( Two Years ), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, M.Sc.- M.Tech., and other Post-Bachelor’s Degree Programmes at different IITs and Integrated Ph.D. Programmes at IISc to which admissions shall be made on the basis of JAM .
IIT JAM Test Centres List
|IISc Bangalore||Bengaluru, Hubli, Hyderabad, Kozhikode, Mangalore, Palakkad, Trissur|
|IIT Bombay||Ahmedabad, Goa, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nasik, Pune, Vadodara|
|IIT Delhi||Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Gurgaon, Hisar, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, New Delhi|
|IIT Guwahati||Asansol- Durgapur, Dhanbad, Guwahati, Jorhat, Kalyani, Patna, Siliguri|
|IIT Kanpur||Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bhopal, Kanpur, Lucknow, Varanasi|
|IIT Kharagpur||Bhubaneswar, Kharagpur, Kolkata, Raipur, Ranchi, Vijaywada, Visakhapatnam|
|IIT Madras||Chennai, Coimbatore, Ernakulam, Kollam, Kottayam, Madurai, Thiruvananthapuram, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Warangal,|
|IIT Roorkee||Dehradun, Jalandhar, Kurukshetra, NOIDA, Mohali, Moradabad, Roorkee|