WB JECA Entrance Exam 2018
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board ( WB JECA ) invites applications from eligible candidates for admission to MCA Course offered by the different Government / Private Engineering Colleges, Universities and Institutions of the State of West Bengal during the academic session 2018 – 2019.
WB JECA 2018 Eligibility
Citizenship : Applicant must be a citizen of India.
Various institutions that offer the three years MCA course in the State of West Bengal follows one of the following four modules of eligibility criteria.
Module 1 : Candidates must have passed 3-year Bachelor degree programs from UGC recognised University with at least 60% in Honours / Aggregate ( 45% for SC / ST / OBCA / OBC-B / PwD candidates ) along with 60% in Mathematics at the Bachelor’s level together with at least 60% marks in Secondary and Higher Secondary or equivalent examination with at least 60% in Mathematics in both Secondary or equivalent and Higher Secondary or equivalent examinations from recognised Boards. Candidates, who are due to appear in the 3 year Bachelor degree examination in current year will have to submit their mark sheet or grade card within 3 months from the commencement of the 1st semester classes.
Module 2 : UGC and / or AICTE recognized ( as the case may be ) Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3-years duration except BBA with Mathematics at 10+2 level or graduate level. Obtained 50% marks ( 45% marks for SC / ST / OBC-A / OBC-B candidates ) at graduation level.
Module 3 : Graduate or equivalent degree under ( 10+2+3 ) pattern in any discipline of a UGC recognized University / Institute or AICTE recognized B.E. / B.Tech / BCA of a University / Institute. Candidate must have Mathematics as one of the subjects at each level of education. Candidates have to secure 60% marks ( 45% marks for SC / ST / OBCA / OBC-B candidates ) at each level education.
Module 4 : Candidates must pass 3 year B. Sc. Hons. from UGC recognised university with at least 60% in Honours ( 55% for SC / ST candidates ) in Bachelor level having Mathematics as one of the subject together with at least 60% marks in 10th level and (10+2) th level with at least 60% in Mathematics in both 10th and (10+2) th level from recognised Board.
Important information to candidates regarding eligibility
WBJEEB do neither verify the information provided by the candidate during online application nor verify any certificate of date of birth, domicile, income, reservation category, academic qualification etc. for deciding the eligibility of the candidate.
Admit cards issued only on the basis of the information provided by the candidate. Also there is no scope of changing/correcting any information after the last date of online application.
All verifications are done during counselling, admission, registration with the university. If at any stage after examination it is found on scrutiny that the applicant is otherwise ineligible, his / her candidature shall be treated as cancelled even if he / she secured a Merit Rank in the JECA-2018 or a seat has been allotted to him / her.
Hence securing a Rank in the JECA-2018 does not constitute a right / guarantee in favour of a candidate for his / her claim for admission who ultimately fails to comply the specified norms and standards.
To know more about WB JECA Eligibility Click Here
WB JECA Online Application Form 2018
Candidates intending to appear in West Bengal Joint MCA Entrance Exam shall have to apply online at www.wbjeeb.in, in the official website of the Board within 8th March, 2018 to 2nd April, 2018.
WB JECA MCA 2018 Application Fee
After up-loading of images candidates will be directed automatically to the fee payment step.
- The Examination Fees can be paid by ‘Net Banking’/ ‘Debit Card’/ ‘Credit Card’.
- The amount of Examination Fees
- The amount of fees to be paid for appearing in the JECA-2018 is 500 plus the Bank’s Service Charges as applicable.
- The fee once paid is not refundable under any circumstances.
To know more about WB JECA Application Form Click Here
WB JECA 2018 Exam Centre
During on line application, the candidate has to choose any 2 (two) of the following examination zones.
Allocation of examination centre will be based on the choices given by the candidate during online application. However, discretion of the Board in allocation of examination centre shall be final. No request for change of allocated centre will be entertained under normal circumstances.
Any examination zone may be dropped if adequate numbers of candidates are not available.
WB JECA 2018 Preparation Tips
West Bengal conducts Joint Entrance Exam for the admission of young aspirants to MCA programs. JECA passing out candidates can be admitted in any of the Public and Private colleges of West Bengal. This is one of the most important state level exams in West Bengal.
Mode of WB JECA MCA Exam
- WB JECA is a Paper based exam.
Number of Questions and Time Duration
- 100 questions with 2 hours for Paper 1, 1 hour for Paper 2.
WB JECA 2018 Question Pattern
- Paper 1 : Mathematics – 100 marks.
- Paper 2 : Aptitude Test – 100 marks.
WB JECA 2018 MCA Syllabus
Analytical Geometry : Cartesian and polar coordinate; Straight line; Circle; Ellipse; Parabola; Hyperbola; Translation & Rotation of axes.
Algebra : Complex number, De Moiver’s theorem, Solution of linear equations, Determinants, Matrices, Summation of signal series, Addition of
vectors, Scalar and Vector products, Inequation, Sets and elements, Universal set, Empty set, Subsets, Venn diagram, Union and intersection of sets, Complements, Algebra of sets, Finite sets, Class of sets, Partitions, Cross product, Group, Ring and Field.
Calculus : Limit, Continuity, Differentiation; Maxima & minima; Taylor & Maclaruin’s Series: Definite and indefinite integrals, First ana second order
differential equation; Functions of several variables; Partial differentiation.
Probability & Statistics : Permutation, Combination; Probability; Probability distribution; Mean; Median; Mode; Standard Deviation; Correlation coefficient.
- Problem Solving,
- Quantitative Comparison,
- Discrete Quantitative Analysis
- Data interpretation.
WB JECA MCA Exam 2018 Negative Marking
- One Fourth ( 1/4 th ) of the full mark will be deducted for incorrect response.
- Multiple responses will be considered as incorrect response and One fourth ( 1/4 th ) of the full mark wil be deducted.
To know more about WB JECA Preparation Tips Click Here
WB JECA 2018 Results
WB JECA Exam Date
West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam will be conducted on 23rd June, 2018.
WB JECA Result Date
WB JECA 2018 Results likely to be declared on 2nd week of July, 2018.
Please keep watching this page, to check your WB JECA Results 2018…
To know more about WB JECA Results Click Here
WB JECA Counselling 2018
Instructions / Information to JECA 2018 merit listed candidates seeking admission to Master in Computer Application ( MCA ) course in Universities / Colleges in West Bengal for academic session 2018 – 2019.
Counselling / seat allotment and admission
- A separate notification with details of counseling / seat allotment and admission will be published in www.wbjeeb.in shortly after publication of result. Only those, eligible for counseling, will be able to participate in it.
- Credentials of candidates eligible for counseling and admission will be verified at the counselling Center on stipulated dates, details of which will be notified in due course of time.
- Since counseling and admission process is sequential according to rank, candidate has to appear for counselling on the specified date and time only. It is not possible to allow any different date or time for any candidate.
- The candidate has to appear himself / herself. No other person is allowed to appear for counselling and admission on behalf of the candidate.
WB JECA 2018 Counselling Documents
- Counselling Form ( to be downloaded from the Board’s website ) duly filled-in and signed in specified places and also affixing recent passport size photograph duly self attested in the specified place.
- Board copy of Bank challan.
- Original downloaded Admit Card of JECA 2018.
- Downloaded Result Sheet ( The page which contains candidate’s name and rank ).
- Original mark sheet of Madhyamik or equivalent examination.
- Original mark sheet of Higher Secondary ( 10+2 ) level or equivalent examination.
- Original Graduate level mark sheets ( 10+2+3 ) pattern ( both pass and honours ) as applicable.
- Any other documents in original required for fulfillment of eligibility and other criteria of different Universities / Institutes.
- In case of SC / ST / PWD / OBC (A) / OBC / B candidates of the state of West Bengal only, Original SC / ST / PWD / OBC(A) / OBC / B Certificates issued from the Competent Authority for verification.
The PWD candidates claiming seats under reserved category are required to satisfy the following criteria.
For admission to JECA 2018 MCA Course : For PWD ( loco motor disorder, visual impairment, speech and hearing impairment ) category candidate a minimum of 40% disability is required subject to the condition that the candidate is capable of carrying out all activities related to theory and practical work as applicable to MCA course without any special concession and exemption.
To know more about WB JECA Counselling Click Here
WB JECA 2018 Important Dates
|1||Start of Online form fill-up||8th March, 2018|
|2||Last date of online form fill-up and payment of |
|2nd April, 2018|
|3||Last date of downloading confirmation page||5th April, 2018|
|4||Publication of Downloadable Admit Card ( tentative )||13th June, 2018|
|5||Dates of Examinations||23rd June, 2018 ( Saturday )|
|6||Publication of Results||2nd week of July, 2018
( tentative )
To know more about WB JECA Question Bank CD Click Here
AQ 13 / 1, Sector – V, Salt Lake City,
Kolkata – 700 091,
Phone No. : 033 – 23671198, 23671199,
Fax No : 033 – 23671149,
Email : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.wbjeeb.in