WB JECA Entrance Exam 2018
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board ( WBJECA ) invites applications from eligible candidates for admission to MCA Course offered by the different Government / Private Engineering Colleges, Universities and Institutions of the State of West Bengal during the academic session 2017 – 2018.
WB JECA Eligibility 2018
- Candidates who are Indian Citizens and who have either passed or are appearing in the Bachelor’s degree final examination in any discipline from any recognized university with Mathematics and / or Statistics as one of the Subjects in 10+2+3 pattern subject to the condition that they have to appear and qualify in the Written Test to be conducted by the “West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board”.
To know more about WB JECA Eligibility Click Here
WB JECA 2018 Exam Pattern
West Bengal conducts Joint Entrance Exam for the admission of young aspirants to MCA programs. JECA passing out candidates can be admitted in any of the Public and Private colleges of West Bengal. This is one of the most important state level exams in West Bengal.
Mode of WB JECA MCA Exam
- WB JECA is a Paper based exam.
Number of Questions and Time Duration
- 100 questions with 2 hours for Paper 1, 1 hour for Paper 2.
WB JECA Question Pattern
- Paper 1 : Mathematics – 100 marks.
- Paper 2 : Aptitude Test – 100 marks.
WB JECA MCA Exam Negative Marking
- One Fourth ( 1/4 th ) of the full mark will be deducted for incorrect response.
- Multiple responses will be considered as incorrect response and One fourth ( 1/4 th ) of the full mark wil be deducted.
To know more about WB JECA Exam Pattern & Preparation Tips Click Here
WB JECA Online Application Form 2018
Candidates intending to appear in West Bengal Joint MCA Entrance Exam 2017 shall have to apply online at www.wbjeeb.in, in the official website of the Board within 8th March, 2018 to 2nd April, 2018.
WB JECA MCA 2018 Application Fee
The candidate will have two options of the following :
Payment by Debit / Credit Card :
- The candidate has to select Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking option to pay the fee of 600 + service charges and follow the instruction to complete the payment process. After successful payment, candidate will be able to print the ” Confirmation Page”.
Payment by Allahabad Bank Challan :
- The candidate has to select “Offline payment mode” to deposit the fee. As soon as he/ she selects the option, “e-challan” will be generated containing specific details of the candidate along with amount 600 + bank’s service charges to be paid.
To know more about WB JECA Application Form Click Here
WB JECA Exam Centres 2018
- Kolkata – North
- Kolkata – South
JECA 2018 MCA Syllabus
Analytical Geometry : Cartesian and polar coordinate; Straight line; Circle; Ellipse; Parabola; Hyperbola; Translation & Rotation of axes.
Algebra : Complex number, De Moiver’s theorem, Solution of linear equations, Determinants, Matrices, Summation of signal series, Addition of vectors, Scalar and Vector products, Inequation, Sets and elements, Universal set, Empty set, Subsets, Venn diagram, Union and intersection of sets, Complements, Algebra of sets, Finite sets, Class of sets, Partitions, Cross product, Group, Ring and Field.
Calculus : Limit, Continuity, Differentiation; Maxima & minima; Taylor & Maclaruin’s Series: Definite and indefinite integrals, First ana second order differential equation; Functions of several variables; Partial differentiation.
Probability & Statistics : Permutation, Combination; Probability; Probability distribution; Mean; Median; Mode; Standard Deviation; Correlation coefficient.
Paper II Aptitude Test Syllabus
- Problem Solving
- Quantitative Comparison
- Discrete Quantitative Analysis
- Data interpretation
WB JECA Results 2018
WB JECA Exam Date
West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam 2018 will be conducted on 23rd June, 2018.
WB JECA Result Date
WB JECA Results likely to be declared in the month of July, 2018.
Please keep watching this page, to check your WB JECA Results 2018…
To know more about WB JECA Results Click Here
WB JECA Counselling 2018
Instructions / Information to JECA 2018 merit listed candidates seeking admission to Master in Computer Application ( MCA ) course in Universities / Colleges in West Bengal for academic session 2018 – 2019.
WB JECA MCA Counselling Form
- Counselling Form and the e-challan can be down loaded from Board’s website ( www.wbjeeb.in ) from September, 2018. Candidates should bring the duly filled in forms ( as stated above ) with them on the day of Counselling.
WB JECA MCA Counselling Fee
- Candidates have to pay a non-refundable Counselling fee of 506/- through the duly filled-in e-challan at any branch of Allahabad Bank. Candidates are requested to bring the Board’s copy of the e-challan with them on the day of Counselling.
WB JECA 2018 Counselling Documents
Important documents to be brought positively by the candidates during counselling :
- Counselling Form ( to be downloaded from the Board’s website ) duly filled-in and signed in specified places and also affixing recent passport size photograph duly self attested in the specified place.
- Board copy of Bank challan.
- Original downloaded Admit Card of JECA 2017.
- Downloaded Result Sheet ( The page which contains candidate’s name and rank ).
- Original mark sheet of Madhyamik or equivalent examination.
- Original mark sheet of Higher Secondary ( 10+2 ) level or equivalent examination.
- Original Graduate level mark sheets ( 10+2+3 ) pattern ( both pass and honours ) as applicable.
- Any other documents in original required for fulfillment of eligibility and other criteria of different Universities / Institutes.
- In case of SC / ST / PWD / OBC (A) / OBC / B candidates of the state of West Bengal only, Original SC / ST / PWD / OBC(A) / OBC / B Certificates issued from the Competent Authority for verification.
The PWD candidates claiming seats under reserved category are required to satisfy the following criteria.
For admission to JECA MCA Course : For PWD ( loco motor disorder, visual impairment, speech and hearing impairment ) category candidate a minimum of 40% disability is required subject to the condition that the candidate is capable of carrying out all activities related to theory and practical work as applicable to MCA course without any special concession and exemption.
WB JECA 2018 Counselling Procedure
Procedure to be followed in case of candidates unable to appear in the JECA MCA counselling in person owing to some valid reason( s ) :
If any candidate is unable to appear in the counselling in person owing to valid reasons under exceptional circumstances / medical ground his / her parents / guardians may be permitted to appear in the counselling on his / her behalf with the following documents.
- Authorization letter from the candidate ( proforma to be downloaded from the website of the Board ) attesting the signature of his / her parent / guardian and also declaring in the said authorization letter that he/she would not claim any seat in the Institution other than the one allotted to him / her through his / her representative by authorization.
- Medical Certificate from a registered practitioner.
WB JECA 2018 Counselling Details
Other pertinent points to be noted :
Candidates are required to be present positively before half an hour from the specified time slot for their Counselling in the Counselling Program.
Candidates should note that allotment of a seat in any University / Institute by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board is entirely provisional and is subject to fulfillment of the eligibility and other criteria specific to the allotted University / Institute for admission to Master in Computer Application course. If the candidate does not possess the said eligibility criteria, his allotment would be cancelled outright at the moment of detection at any level. Such eligibility and other criteria would be verified by the concerned University / Institute where the candidate has been allotted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board at the time of admission.
Candidates belonging to states other than West Bengal shall not be considered for admission to Government Engineering colleges.
Reservation of seats for SC / ST / PWD / OBC (A) / OBC (B) is applicable to the candidates of the State of West Bengal only. SC / ST / PWD / OBC (A) / OBC (B) candidates of other States can not avail of this facility.
For Government and Government aided Engineering & Technological Colleges the reservation of seats for SC / ST / PWD / OBC (A) / OBC (B) candidates will be as per Government Rules. For Universities / University Departments reservation rules in case of SC / ST / PWD / OBC (A) / OBC (B) candidates of the concerned Universities shall be followed.
Appearance of a rank in the counselling schedule does not guarantee a seat in any University / Institute. Counselling for allotment of seats will be stopped as soon as the last vacant seat is filled up and no further queries in this regard will be entertained.
The claim of a candidate to exercise option shall be limited to the vacancies prevalent at that instant when his / her turn comes for appearing before the counselling officials.
The option will have to be exercised at the time of counselling. Once the allotment of a seat in any University / Institute is done no further change of the University / Institute will be entertained.
A candidate failing to appear before the counselling officials at the allotment counter on the scheduled date and time in order of his / her position in the merit list owing to delay on his / her part may be allowed to appear before the counselling officials after verifying the testimonials regarding eligibility criteria for consideration for allotment of seat in any University / Institute available at that instant only irrespective of his / her rank.
No refund of counselling fee is admissible.
Modification of the counselling schedule may be brought about under exigent circumstances.
Candidates will be required to take admission to the allotted University / institute within five days from the date of allotment.
To know more about WB JECA Counselling Click Here
WB JECA 2018 Important Dates
|1||Starting date of online Registration and Form fill-up||8th March, 2018|
|2||Last Date for Submission of Application form||2nd April, 2018|
|3||Date of WB JECA 2018 Entrance Examination||23rd June, 2018 ( Saturday )|
|4||Tentative date for publication of result||July, 2018|
To know more about WB JECA Question Bank CD Click Here
AQ 13 / 1, Sector – V, Salt Lake City,
Kolkata – 700 091,
Phone No. : 033 – 23671198, 23671199,
Fax No : 033 – 23671149,
Email : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.wbjeeb.in