MAH MCA CET 2016
As per the Maharashtra Unaided Private Professional Educational Institutions ( Regulation of Admissions and Fees ) Act, 2015 ( Mah. XXVIII of 2015 ), the Competent Authority is conducting CET ( MAH MCA CET 2016 ) for admission to MCA courses.
The Online applications are invited for CET for admission to First Year / Direct Second Year ( Separate Division & Lateral Entry ) of Three year full time Post Graduate Degree course in Master of Computer Applications ( MCA ) in the Government, Govt. Aided, University Managed, University Departments and Unaided Institutes in the Maharashtra State.
Eligibility Criteria for appearing to MAH MCA CET 2016
The candidate should fulfill the following eligibility criteria :
- The candidate should be an Indian National
- Passed minimum three year duration Bachelors Degree awarded by University recognized by University Grants Commission or Association of Indian Universities in any discipline with at least 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent ( at least 45% in case of candidates of backward class categories and Persons with Disability belonging to Maharashtra State only );
- Studied Mathematics as one of the subjects at ( 10+2 ) level or at Graduate level examination;
- For Direct second year admissions, the candidate should have passed Bachelor Degree in Computer Applications or Science ( Information Technology or Computer Science );
( Candidates appearing for final year of qualifying examination are also eligible to appear for CET )
- Aggregate marks means the grand total of marks obtained by the candidate in subjects based on which the class declaration is made in the particular University from which the candidate is passing the qualifying examination.
- In case the candidates are awarded grades / CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades / CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the University/institution from where they have obtained the bachelor’s degree.
- The percentage of marks shall be calculated by rounding off to two places after decimal.
- The candidates belonging to SC, VJ / DT (NT (A)), NT (B), NT(C), NT (D), OBC and SBC categories should produce “Caste Validity Certificate” issued by Scrutiny Committee of Social Welfare Department and the Candidate belonging to ST category should submit “Tribe Validity Certificate” issued by Scrutiny Committee of Tribal Department and valid Non Creamy Layer certificate except SC, ST candidates at the time of verification of documents.
To know more about Eligibility Click Here
MAH MCA CET 2016 Exam Pattern
|Topics||No of Questions||Marks per Question||Maximum Marks||Total Marks|
|Computer Concepts- Computer Basics, Data Representation, Computer Architecture, Computer Language, Operating System Basics||25||4||100|
|The test will comprise of multiple choice objective type questions ( Four Options )|
|There is negative marking System for this CET. Each correct answer will carry 4 marks. Each wrong answer will carry 1 negative mark. Unanswered questions will carry zero marks.|
|Test Duration : 90 minutes|
|Medium of CET : English|
|Mode of Examination – Online|
MAH MCA Test Centres 2016
- MAH MCA CET 2016 will be conducted in the selected cities in Maharashtra & outside Maharashtra State. The cities in which MAH MCA CET 2016 will be conducted are designated as “Centre” for the CET.
- Each centre may have many “Venues” depending upon the number of candidates appearing at that centre.
- A candidate appearing for CET shall give his / her preference for the centre, however the Competent Authority reserves the right to allocate the centre and venue.
- The examination will be conducted online at venues given in the respective Hall Ticket.
- No request for change of centre / venue / date / session for Examination shall be entertained.
- Competent Authority, however, reserves the right to cancel any of the Examination Centres and / or add some other Centres, at its discretion, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, etc.
- Competent Authority also reserves the right to allot the candidate to any centre other than the one he / she has opted for.
- Candidate will appear for the examination at an Examination Centre at his / her owns risks and expenses and Competent Authority will not be responsible for any injury or losses etc. of any nature.
- Choice of centre once exercised by the candidate will be final.
- If sufficient number of candidates does not opt for a particular centre for “Online” examination, Competent Authority reserves the right to allot any other adjunct centre to those candidates OR if the number of candidates is more than the capacity available for online exam for a centre, Competent Authority reserves the right to allot any other centre to the candidate.
MAH MCA CET 2016 Admission Procedure
The Candidates who are eligible for admission to First Year / Direct Second Year ( Separate Division & Lateral Entry ) of Three year full time Post Graduate Degree course in Master of Computer Applications ( MCA ) in the Government, Government Aided, University Managed, University Departments and Unaided Institutes who have given consent to participate in the CAP for the academic year 2016 – 2017. The Admission Process will be based on the score of CET Exams.
Guidelines for persons with disabilities using a scribe
The visually impaired candidates and candidates whose writing speed is adversely affected permanently for any reason can use their own scribe at their cost during the online examination, subject to limits as in (ii) and (iii) below. In all such cases where a scribe is used, the following rules will apply:
- The candidate will have to arrange his / her own scribe at his / her own cost.
- The scribe arranged by the candidate should not be a candidate for the same examination . If violation of the above is detected at any stage of the process; candidature of both the candidate and the scribe will be cancelled. Candidates eligible for and who wish to use the services of a scribe in the examination should invariably carefully indicate the same in the online application form. Any subsequent request may not be favorably entertained.
- A person acting as a scribe for one candidate cannot be a scribe for another candidate.
- The scribe may be from any academic stream.
- Both the candidate as well as scribe will have to give a suitable undertaking confirming that the scribe fulfils all the stipulated eligibility criteria for a scribe mentioned above. Further in case it later transpires that he / she did not fulfill any laid down eligibility criteria or suppressed material facts the candidature of the applicant will stand cancelled, irrespective of the result of the online examination.
- Those candidates who use a scribe shall be eligible for compensatory time of 20 minutes for every hour of the examination.
- Only candidates registered for compensatory time will be allowed such concessions since compensatory time given to candidates shall be system based, it shall not be 11 possible for the Competent Authority to allow such time if he / she is not registered for the same. Candidates not registered for compensatory time shall not be allowed such concessions.
Guidelines for Candidates with locomotors disability and cerebral palsy
A compensatory time of twenty minutes per hour or otherwise advised shall be permitted for the candidates with locomotors disability and cerebral palsy where dominant ( writing ) extremity is affected to the extent of slowing the performance of function ( minimum of 40%impairment ). (iii) Guidelines for Visually Impaired candidates
- Visually Impaired candidates ( who suffer from not less than 40% of disability ) may opt to view the contents of the test in magnified font and all such candidates will be eligible for compensatory time of 20 minutes for every hour or otherwise advised of examination.
- The facility of viewing the contents of the test in magnifying font will not be available to Visually Impaired candidates who use the services of a Scribe for the examination.
These guidelines are subject to change in terms of GOI guidelines / clarifications, if any, from time to time.
To know more about Admission Procedure Click Here
MAH MCA CET 2016 Application Form
Application form processing fees as stated below is to be paid through Online system only by Internet Payment, Credit Card / Debit Card ( RuPay / Visa / MasterCard / Maestro ), Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards / Mobile Wallets for which the service charges, as per rules, shall be applicable in addition to the application form processing fees. Fees paid is non refundable. No other mode of payment shall be permitted.
How to Apply for Registration for CET :
- Candidates to go to the http://www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/mca2016 website and click on the option “APPLY ONLINE” which will open a new screen.
- To register application, choose the tab “Click here for New Registration” and enter Name, Contact details and Email-id. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional Registration Number and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
- In case the candidate is unable to complete the application form in one go, he / she can save the data already entered by choosing “SAVE AND NEXT” tab. Prior to submission of the online application candidates are advised to use the “SAVE AND NEXT” facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required. Visually Impaired candidates should fill the application form carefully and verify / get the details verified to ensure that the same are correct prior to final submission.
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible / entertained after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON.
- The Name of the candidate or his /her Father/ Husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/ Mark sheets / Identity proof. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature for CET & Admission
- Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the ‘Validate your details’ and ‘Save & Next’ button.
- Candidates can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature.
- Candidates can proceed to fill other details of the Application Form.
- Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
- Modify details, if required, and click on ‘FINAL SUBMIT’ ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
- Click on ‘Payment’ Tab and proceed for payment.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button.
Application Fee :
- For all candidates from Outside Maharashtra State ( OMS ), Open Category Candidates from Maharashtra State and J & K Migrant candidates : 750/-
- For Candidates belonging to Maharashtra State of Backward Class Categories [ SC, ST, VJDT NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC ] & Persons with Disability Candidates : 550/-
Applications sent by Post / Courier etc will be rejected and no communication in this regard will be made.
To know more about Application Form Click Here
MAH MCA CET 2016 Syllabus
The MAH MCA CET 2016 will be ONLINE examination comprises of two papers viz. General Aptitude (GA) and Computer Concepts (C’C) of 100 marks each, with composite time of 90 minutes duration. Each paper shall have 25 questions.
- General Aptitude
- Computer Concepts
To know more about Syllabus Click Here
MAH MCA CET 2016 Important Dates
|1||Start of Online registration for MAH MCA CET 2016||29th February, 2016|
|2||Last Date of Online registration for MAH MCA CET 2016 through computer connected to Internet on the web site www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/mca2016||10th March, 2016|
|3||Issue of Hall Ticket through candidates login of successfully registered candidates||18th March, 2016 Onwards|
|4||Date of the Online MAH MCA CET 2016||27th March, 2016|
|5||Declaration of the result of the MAH MCA CET 2016 on the website www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/mca2016||10th April, 2016 at 2:00 PM|
Government of Maharashtra
State Common Entrance Test Cell,
305, Government Polytechnique Building,
49, Kherwadi, Bandra ( E ),
Mumbai – 400 051
Website : www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/MCA2016
mca entrance exam - mah mca cet -