MAH MCA CET Entrance Exam 2017
As per the Maharashtra Unaided Private Professional Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admissions and Fees) Act, 2015 ( Mah. XXVIII of 2015 ), the Competent Authority is conducting CET ( MAH MCA CET 2017 ) for admission to MCA courses.
The Online applications are invited for CET for admission to First Year / Direct Second Year ( Separate Division & Lateral Entry ) of Threeyear full time Post Graduate Degree course in Master of Computer Applications ( MCA ) in the Government, Govt. Aided, University Managed, University Departments and Unaided Institutes in the Maharashtra State.
Eligibility Criteria for appearing to MAH MCA CET 2017
The candidate should fulfill the following eligibility criteria :
- The candidate should be an Indian National ;
- Passed minimum three year duration Bachelor’s Degree awarded by University recognised by University Grants Commission or Association of Indian Universities in any discipline with at least 50% marks in *aggregate or equivalent ( at least 45% in case of candidates of backward class categories and Persons with Disability belonging to Maharashtra State only );
- Studied Mathematics as one of the subjects at ( 10+2 ) level or at Graduate level examination;
- For Direct second year admissions, the candidate should have passed Bachelor Degree in Computer
- Applications or Science ( Information Technology or Computer Science). (Candidates appearing for final year of qualifying examination are also eligible to appear for CET )
Aggregate marks means the grand total of marks obtained by the candidate in subjects based on which the class declaration is made in the particular University from which the candidate is passing the qualifying examination.
To know more about Eligibility Click Here
MAH MCA CET 2017 Exam Pattern
|Topics||No of Questions||Mark / s per Question||Maximum Marks||Total Marks|
|Computer Concepts- Computer Basics, Data Representation, Computer Architecture, Computer Language, Operating System Basics||25||4||100|
|The test will comprise of multiple choice objective type questions ( Four Options )|
|There is negative marking System for this CET. Each correct answer will carry 4 marks. Each wrong answer|
|will cany 1 negative mark. Unanswered questions will cairy zero marks.|
|Test Duration : 90 minutes|
|Medium of CET : English|
|Mode of Examination – Online|
MAH MCA CET 2017 Online Application Form
Application form processing fees as stated below is to be paid through online system only by Credit Card / Debit Card ( RuPay / Visa / MasterCard / Maestro ), Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards / Mobile Wallets for which the service charges, as per rules, shall be applicable in addition to the application form processing fees. No other mode of payment shall be permitted.This fee is nonrefundable under any circumstances :
How to Apply for Registration for CET :
- Candidates to go to the http://www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/mba2017 website and click on the option “APPLY ONLINE” which will open a new screen.
- To register application, choose the tab “Click here for New Registration” and enter Name, Contact details and Email-id. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional Registration Number and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
- In case the candidate is unable to complete the application form in one go, he / she can save the data already entered by choosing “SAVE AND NEXT” tab. Prior to submission of the online application candidates are advised to use the “SAVE AND NEXT” facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required. Visually Impaired candidates should fill the application form carefully and verify / get the details verified to ensure that the same are correct prior to final submission.
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible / entertained after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON.
- The Name of the candidate or his / her Father/ Husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates / Mark sheets / Identity proof. Any change / alteration found may disqualify the candidature for CET & Admission.
- Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the ‘Validate your details’ and ‘Save & Next’ button.
- Candidates can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature.
- Candidates can proceed to fill other details of the Application Form.
- Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
- Modify details, if required, and click on ‘FINAL SUBMIT’ ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
- Click on ‘Payment‘ Tab and proceed for payment.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button.
Payment of Examination Fees
ONLINE MODE :
- The application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the instructions.
- The payment can be made by using Debit Cards ( RuPay / Visa / MasterCard / Maestro ), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards / Mobile Wallets.
- After submitting your payment information in the online application form, PLEASE WAIT FOR THE INTIMATION FROM THE SERVER. DO NOT PRESS BACK OR REFRESH BUTTON IN ORDER TO AVOID DOUBLE CHARGE
- On successful completion of the transaction, an e-Receipt will be generated.
- Non-generation of ‘E-Receipt’ indicates PAYMENT FAILURE. On failure of payment, Candidates are advised to login again using their Provisional Registration Number and Password and repeat the process of payment.
- Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-Receipt and online Application Form containing fee details . Please note that if the same cannot be generated, online transaction may not have been successful.
- For Credit Card users: All charges are listed in Indian Rupee. If you use a non-Indian credit card, your bank will convert to your local currency based on prevailing exchange rates.
- To ensure the security of your data, please close the browser window once your transaction is completed.
- There is facility to print application form containing fee details after payment offees.
MAH MBA / MMS CET 2017 Download Hall Ticket :
As per the schedule, Candidates will have to visit the http://www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/mba2017 website for downloading Hall Ticket for online test. Intimation for downloading Hall Ticket will also be sent through email/SMS. Once the candidate clicks the relevant link, he/she can access the window for Hall Ticket download. The candidate is required to use (i) Registration Number/Roll Number, (ii) Password/Date of Birth for downloading the Hall Ticket. Candidate needs to affix recent recognizable photograph on the Hall Ticket preferably the same as provided during registration and appear at the examination centre with
- Hall Ticket
- Photo Identity Proof as stipulated below and also specified in the Hall Ticket and Photo Identity Proof as brought in original.
Application Fee :
|General Category Candidates from Maharashtra State, Outside Maharashtra State (OMS), J & K Migrant candidates||1000 /|
|Reserved Category Candidates of Backward Class Categories [ SC, ST, VJ / DT NT( A ), NT( B ), NT( C ), NT ( D ), OBC, SBC ] and & Persons with Disability Candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only.||800 /|
To know more about Application Form Click Here
MAH MCA Test Centres 2017
- MAH-MBA / MMS CET 2017 will be conducted in the selected cities in Maharashtra & outside Maharashtra State. The cities in which MAH -MBA / MMS CET 2017 will be conducted are designated as “Centre” for the CET.
- Each centre may have many “Venues” depending upon the number of candidates appearing at that centre.
- A candidate appearing for CET shall give his / her preference for the centre, however the Competent Authority reserves the right to allocate the centre and venue.
- The examination will be conducted online at venues given in the respective Hall Ticket.
- No request for change of centre / venue / date / session for Examination shall be entertained. Competent Authority, however, reserves the right to cancel any of the Examination Centres and / or add some other Centres, at its discretion, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, etc.
- Competent Authority also reserves the right to allot the candidate to any centre other than the one he / she has opted for.
- Candidate will appear for the examination at an Examination Centre at his/her owns risks and expenses and Competent Authority will not be responsible for any injury or losses etc. of any nature.
- Choice of centre once exercised by the candidate will be final.
- If sufficient number of candidates does not opt for a particular centre for “Online” examination, Competent Authority reserves the right to allot any other adjunct centre to those candidates OR if the number of candidates is more than the capacity available for online exam for a centre, Competent Authority reserves the right to allot any other centre to the candidate.
To know more about Exam Centres Click Here
MAH MCA CET 2017 Admission Procedure
The Candidates who are eligible for admission to First Year / Direct Second Year ( Separate Division & Lateral Entry ) of Three year full time Post Graduate Degree course in Master of Computer Applications ( MCA ) in the Government, Government Aided, University Managed, University Departments and Unaided Institutes who have given consent to participate in the CAP for the academic year 2017 – 2018. The Admission Process will be based on the score of CET Exams.
Guidelines for persons with disabilities using a scribe :
The visually impaired candidates and candidates whose writing speed is adversely affected permanently for any reason can use their own scribe at their cost during the online examination, subject to limits as in (ii) and (iii) below. In all such cases where a scribe is used, the following rules will apply :
- The candidate will have to arrange his / her own scribe at his / her own cost.
- The scribe arranged by the candidate should not be a candidate for the same examination . If violation of the above is detected at any stage of the process; candidature of both the candidate and the scribe will be cancelled. Candidates eligible for and who wish to use the services of a scribe in the examination should invariably carefully indicate the same in the online application form. Any subsequent request may not be favorably entertained.
- A person acting as a scribe for one candidate cannot be a scribe for another candidate.
- The scribe may be from any academic stream.
- Both the candidate as well as scribe will have to give a suitable undertaking confirming that the scribe fulfils all the stipulated eligibility criteria for a scribe mentioned above. Further in case it later transpires that he / she did not fulfill any laid down eligibility criteria or suppressed material facts the candidature of the applicant will stand cancelled, irrespective of the result of the online examination.
- Those candidates who use a scribe shall be eligible for compensatory time of 20 minutes for every hour of the examination.
- Only candidates registered for compensatory time will be allowed such concessions since compensatory time given to candidates shall be system based, it shall not be 11 possible for the Competent Authority to allow such time if he / she is not registered for the same. Candidates not registered for compensatory time shall not be allowed such concessions.
Guidelines for Candidates with locomotors disability and cerebral palsy :
A compensatory time of twenty minutes per hour or otherwise advised shall be permitted for the candidates with locomotors disability and cerebral palsy where dominant ( writing ) extremity is affected to the extent of slowing the performance of function ( minimum of 40%impairment ).
Guidelines for Visually Impaired candidates :
- Visually Impaired candidates ( who suffer from not less than 40% of disability ) may opt to view the contents of the test in magnified font and all such candidates will be eligible for compensatory time of 20 minutes for every hour or otherwise advised of examination.
- The facility of viewing the contents of the test in magnifying font will not be available to Visually Impaired candidates who use the services of a Scribe for the examination.
These guidelines are subject to change in terms of GOI guidelines / clarifications, if any, from time to time.
To know more about Admission Procedure Click Here
Syllabus find Marking Scheme for Master of Computer Applications ( MCA ) CET :
for Academic Year 2017 – 18 – Tb6 Online CET -.vould be comprised of two online papers viz. General Aptitude ( GA ) and Computer Concepts ‘ ( CC ) of 100 marks each, with composite time of 90 minutes duration. Each paper shall have 25 questions Contents:-
General Aptitude :
The’ main objective of this paper is to assess the general aptitude of the candidate to pursue a computer applications and software profession. Syllabus
The questions in this paper will cover: logical reasoning, quantitative reasoning, high school mathematics, vocabulary, English comprehension and verbal ability. A good grasp of the following topics of high school mathematics (up to the 12th standard) will be useful:
- Algebra : Fundamental operations in Algebra, Expansion, factorization, -Quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, binomial theorem, permutations and combinations.
- Co-ordinate Geometry : Rectangular Cartesian co-ordinates, equations of a line, mid point, intersections etc., equations of a circle, distance formulae, pair of straight lines, parabola, ellipse and hyperbola, simple geometric transformations such as translation, rotation, scaling.
- Differential Equations: Differential equations of first order and their solutions, linear differential equations with constant coefficients, homogenous linear differential equations,
- Trigonometry: Simple identities, trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, solution of triangles, height and distance, inverse function.
- Probability and Statistics : Basic concepts of probability theory, Averages, Dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, and measures of dispersions, skewness and kurtosis, random variable and distribution functions, mathematical expectations, Binomial, Poisson, normal distributions, curve fitting, and principle of least squares, correlation and regression.
- Arithmetic: Ratios and proportions, problems on time-work, distance-speed, percentage, etc.
- Basic Set Theory and Functions: Set, relations and mappings.
- Mensuration: areas, triangles and quadrilaterals, area and circumference of circles, volumes and surface areas of simple solids such as cubes* spheres, cylinders and cones.
Computer Concepts Syllabus :
- Computer Basics : Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit ( CPU ), Structure of instructions in CPU, input / output devices, computer memory, memory organization, back-up devices.
- Data Representation : Representation of characters, integers, and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, Binary Arithmetic: Addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, signed arithmetic and two’s complement arithmetic, floating point representation of numbers, normalized floating point representation, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn diagrams.
- Computer Architecture: Block structure of computers, communication between processor and I / O devices, interrupts.
- Computer Language: Assembly language and high level language, Multiprogramming and time sharing operating systems, Computer Programming in C.
- Operating System basics: Multiprogramming and timesharing operating systems.
To know more about Syllabus Click Here
MAH MCA CET 2017 Results
MAH MCA CET 2017 Result Date : MAH MCA CET 2017 Entrance Exam Result will be declared on 27th March, 2017
Please keep watching this page, to check your MAH MCA CET Entrance Results 2017…
To know more about Results Click Here
MAH MCA CET 2017 Important Dates
|1.||Online registration www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/mca2017||6th February, 2017||28th February, 2017|
|2.||Issue of Hall Ticket ( through candidate’s login )||10th March, 2017||19th March, 2017|
|3.||Date of the Online CET||19th March, 2017|
|4.||Declaration of the result||27th March, 2017 at 5.00PM|
Government of Maharashtra
State Common Entrance Test Cell,
305, Government Polytechnique Building,
49, Kherwadi, Bandra ( E ),
Mumbai – 400 051
Website : www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/MCA2017
Useful Links :
|Apply Online : http://ibps.sifyitest.com/gmcetmcajan17/index.php?did=1549