|Home||Preparation Tips||Application Form||Test Centres||Admission Procedure|
|Syllabus||Participating Institutes||Results||Counselling||Question Papers|
NIMCET 2021 MCA Entrance Exam
National Institutes of Technology NIT’s invites applications from the eligible candidates for admission to MCA Program through National Level Entrance Test 2021 – NIMCET 2021. Admission into MCA at these participating NITs for the academic year 2021 – 2022 will be purely based on the rank obtained in NIMCET 2021.
The following NIT Institutes are offering MCA Program :
- NITs at Agartala, Allahabad, Bhopal, Calicut, Durgapur, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Raipur, Surathkal, Tiruchirappalli and Warangal
NIMCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Indian Nationals securing at least 60% marks in aggregate or 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scales ( 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale in case of SC / ST ) in
- B.Sc / B.Sc ( Hons ) / BCA / BIT of minimum three years full-time with Mathematics / Statistics / Equivalent subject *as one of the subjects OR
- B E / B Tech or equivalent from a recognized University are eligible to appear for NIMCET 2018.
Conversion of scored marks from CGPA to percentage and vice-versa is not permitted.
CCPA other than 10 point scale will be converted to 10 point scale based on Unitary method.
*Equivalence will be established by a duly constituted equivalence committee whose decision will be final. CGPA other than 10 point scale will be converted to 10 point scale based on unitary method.
Candidates who are appearing for the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply for NIMCET 2018 and such candidates shall have to furnish the proof ( in the form of a certificate issued by the Head of institution where the candidate has studied ) of candidature for appearing the examinations during the academic year 2018-19. All candidates shall submit the proof of fulfilling the eligibility criteria of NIMCET 2018 at the time of Counseling / Admission but not later than 15th September, 2018, failing which their admission is liable to be cancelled by the respective NITs.
Note : Students who have completed / completing degree BSc / BSc ( Hons ) / BCA / BIT of 3 years from Open Universities are also eligible to apply provided their programme is approved by UGC / AICTE and Distance Education Council ( DEC ) of Govt. of India.
The percentages of marks in qualifying degree are to be calculated on the basis of marks obtained in all the subjects studied in all the years including languages, optional and additional subjects studied, if any. The aggregate of marks secured in all the subjects in all the years computed using this method of calculation alone be considered by NIMCET 2018 for deciding eligibility.
NIMCET 2021 Exam Pattern
NIMCET 2021 Test will be conducted with only one question paper containing 120 multiple choice questions covering the following subjects. Multiple Choice Questions will be written in English Language only and will not be translated into any other language.
|S.No||Subject||No. of questions|
|2||Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning||40 questions|
|3||Computer Awareness||10 questions|
|4||General English||20 questions|
Award of Marks
- Each correctly answered question will carry FOUR marks and each wrongly answered question will lead to NEGATIVE ONE mark.
- The candidates are advised not to attempt such questions if they are not sure of the correct answer. No deduction from the total score will, however, be made if a question is unanswered.
- More than one answer indicated against a question will be negatively marked.
- The candidates have to mark the responses in the OMR sheet using black or blue ink ball point pen only.