TIET MCA Entrance Exam 2017
Thapar University invites applications from eligible candidates for admission to Master of Computer Application ( MCA ) course through TIET Entrance Test 2017 – 2018.
Thapar University MCA Eligibility Criteria 2017
MCA ( 3 – years duration ) :
Bachelor degree of minimum 3-years duration in any discipline from a recognised University with at least 60% marks ( 55% for SC / ST ) in aggregate. Mathematics must be studied at 10+2 level or at graduation level.
Mode of Selection : Admission will be made on the basis of merit of 10th, 12th and graduation ( upto end of 2nd year, minimum of 65% marks are required ). Overall minimum 60% ( 55% for SC / ST ) in graduation shall be required to be eligible for admission.
Candidate must attach mark sheets of 10th, 12th and all the marks sheets of Graduation upto end of 2nd year along with the printout of applications.
MCA Lateral Entry ( 2 – years duration ) :
Computer Science & Engineering Department is offering a 2-Year MCA ( Lateral Entry ) programme also, along with existing MCA ( 3 – Years ) course. The course is exclusively designed to meet the IT requirements for various organizations. The core objective of this programme is to prepare the students for productive career in software industry and academia by providing an outstanding environment of teaching and research in the core and emerging areas of the discipline. The programme equips students with the skill and relevant competence to handle all practical problems faced by industry.
The lateral entry MCA Course is a 2 – Year duration programme that is designed to provide an opportunity to the students who hold Bachelor Degree in Computer Application ( BCA ), Bachelor of Science ( B.Sc. ) – Computer Science / IT to undertake Master of Computer Application ( MCA ) Course. The 2 – Year MCA programme provides knowledge upgradation and skill development for students with BCA, BSc ( Computer Science / Information Technology ) qualification who could successfully extend their valuable contribution in streamlining the decision-making process and innovation in the areas of Computer Applications in near future.
Both of these programs prepare students to obtain various positions in the fields of software development, IT consultancy, software testing quality assurance, system analysis, MIS, networking, application architecture. The objective of this programme is to meet the manpower requirement of the fast-developing software industry and that of the institutions of higher learning.
To know more about Eligibility Criteria Click Here
TIET MCA Number of Seats and their distribution 2017
(a) MCA ( 3 – Years )
|General||SC / ST||PH||Total|
|64||23||3||90 ( + 14 FN / NRI seats. Refer section 10 for eligibility & other conditions )|
(b) MCA ( 2 – Years ) through Lateral Entry
|General||SC / ST||PH||Total|
In addition to above seats, 1% over and above seats are reserved for children of employees of Thapar University. The candidates seeking admission under this category are required to satisfy the eligibility
In addition to above, vacant seats of first year shall also be offered through Lateral Entry.
Note : The candidates applying for MCA ( 2 – years ) and if found eligible will also be considered for admission in MCA ( 3 – Years ), they need not to apply separately.
TIET MCA Online Application Form 2017
Candidates seeking admission in TU shall fill up the online form available on our website www.thapar.edu. Kindly fill the complete details and then take two print outs of the form and paste a recent passport size colored photograph. Last date for receipt of completed TIET MCA 2017 Application Forms is on or before 30th June, 2017.
TIET MCA Application Form Fee 2017
Thapar University 2017 MCA Application Form Fee of 1500/- to be deposited with print out of application forms taken from website.
- TIET 2017 MCA Application Fee paid Online : The candidates are not required to send the printout of application form but they must produce it at the time of document checking of original documents during counseling.
- TIET 2017 MCA Application Fee paid through DD : Please send one of the printouts by attaching the required amount of DD ( in favour of Thapar University and payable at Patiala ) to “Incharge Admission Cell’ Thapar University, Patiala ( Punjab ) – 147004.
Retain second copy of the printout of the form to be produced at the time of document checking of original documents during counseling.
Important Note : A candidate cannot claim admission merely by filling the TIET Patiala MCA 2017 Application Form and paying the application fee. If he / she fulfils the eligibility criteria as per the prospectus, only then he / she shall be considered for admission during counseling. So, candidates are advised to read eligibility and other conditions before filling the form.
TIET MCA Application Form Submission 2017
- The original certificates and set of attested copies of the certificates are required to be produced at the time of document checking during ‘In-person’ Counselling.
- Every candidate must indicate in his / her application the category of seat for which he / she wants to apply. A copy of the certificate of the reserved category ( if applicable ) shall be attached.
- TIET MCA 2017 Application Form completed in all respects should reach on or before the last date 30th June, 2017 to the following address :Incharge Admission Cell,
Patiala – 147 004.
- Incomplete Thapar University Patiala 2017 MCA Application in any manner and received after the due date / time will be rejected. The University does not take any responsibility for postal delay or loss in transit of the application form, demand draft, withdrawal form or any other communication in this regard.
- The specimens of the format of the required certificates are available on our website for the guidance of candidates. Each certificate must be submitted on the prescribed format and must be issued by the competent authority as mentioned, under proper seal / stamp of their office on a date prior to or on the last date for submission of application form.
To know more about Application Form Click Here
TIET MCA Admission Procedure 2017
- Thapar University MCA Admission shall be made on the basis of the merit of prescribed Entrance Test of respective programmes and fulfillment of other conditions as per procedure detailed in the Prospectus.
TIET MCA Admission Process 2017 :
- The first list of selected candidates as per merit in Thapar University Entrance Test 2017 for various categories shall be displayed on Thapar university website : www.thapar.edu.
- These selected candidates shall be required to deposit the total fee by the prescribed last date of the respective programs failing which his / her candidature shall stand cancelled and shall not be considered for the subsequent lists under any circumstances. Such candidates shall be left with no right on any count whatsoever.
- Candidates other than who have been offered admission in first list at 1 are not required to deposit earnest money of 10,000 /-
- Once offered admissions do not deposit the full fee by the prescribed date, their candidature will stand cancelled and they will not be considered for admission in the subsequent list ( s ).
- On Roll Candidates ( ORC ) are those who have deposited the full fee and have not withdrawn their seats. Candidates Not On Roll ( CNOR ) are those who have withdrawn their seats after depositing full fee. While allotting branch / discipline in the 2nd and 3rd lists, only ORC and CEM shall be considered in all the subsequent lists. CNOR will not be considered in the subsequent lists. The allotment of discipline will be made on the basis of the seats available in a particular discipline and category, the order of preference for various disciplines given by the candidate, and his / her merit according to rank in the Thapar University Entrance Test 2017.
- TIET MCA admission given shall be Provisional only. The Thapar University Admission 2017 will be made regular subject to the fulfillment of all the eligibility conditions mentioned in the Prospectus. In case, a selected candidate fails to deposit the fee as per his allotted time period or fails to satisfy the eligibility criteria on the day of document checking, his / her admission shall stand cancelled.
- In case, the seats remain vacant at the expiry of the prescribed last date for deposit of fee by candidates of the third list, university may publish further list
( s ) for admission.
- In case, seats remain vacant after offering admission to all PCs. The Thapar University may extend the list of PCs by allowing more candidates to deposit the earnest money.
- In case, a selected candidate or PC submits false information about fee, eligibility, rank of Thapar University MCA Entrance Test 2017 ( or ) a candidate who is not offered any seat, deposits the full fee or a candidate other than the PCs, deposit the earnest money, then seat allotted to him / her shall stand cancelled.
TIET MCA Admission Schedule 2017
|1||Counselling including deposit of fee for 2 - year MCA Program||10th July, 2017 ( 09:00 AM 11:30 AM )|
|2||Counselling including deposit of fee for 3 - year MCA Program||10th July, 2017 ( 11:30 AM Onwards )|
|3||Last round of counselling for vacant seats, if any||28th July, 2017|
To know more about Admission Procedure Click Here
TIET MCA Syllabus 2017
MCA Syllabus :
- Computer Awareness
- Analytical Ability, Communication Skills and General Knowledge
MCA Lateral Entry Syllabus :
- Computer Science
- Analytical Ability, Communication Skills and General Knowledge
To know more about Syllabus Click Here
TIET MCA Results 2017
TIET MCA Entrance Exam Results likely to be declared in the month of July, 2017
To know more about Results Click Here
TIET MCA Important Dates 2017
|1||Last date for receipt of completed application forms.||30th June, 2017|
|2||Counselling Date||10th July, 2017|
|3||Last round of counselling for vacant seats||28th July, 2017|