VITMEE 2017 Entrance Exam
VIT Master’s Entrance Examination ( VITMEE ) invites admission Application for MCA programs for the academic session 2017 – 2018.
VITMEE 2017 Eligibility
The applicant for admission should be a Resident Indian National and should have graduated from Institutions located in India. Foreign and NRI / PIO applications are to be made separately. Please visit the International Relations tab in VIT website.
Eligibility Criteria :
- Candidates should have graduated with a full-time degree from any recognized University with a minimum aggregate of 60% for MCA program.
- Consistent Record in X and XII Std is required.
- Candidates appearing for their final degree exam / final semester exam in the current year are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates should have completed their final Semester / year exams before the selection interview at VIT University.
- The candidates should produce statement of final year marks and Provisional degree certificate before 15th August, 2016, failing which admission will be cancelled with the forfeit of admission fee.
Placement Requirements : Industries offering Placement at VIT have stipulated a minimum of 60% Marks for candidates in their undergraduate programmes and in class X and XII. Maximum of 2 years of academic gap is permitted.
VITMEE 2017 Exam Pattern
The computer based test ( CBT ) objective question Paper consists of 100 questions with a maximum of 100 marks among which 80 will be from the chosen technical subject and 20 will be from English communication. NO negative marks for wrong answers.
To know more about Eligibility Click Here
VITMEE 2017 Application Form
Candidates can apply through online at http://vtop.vit.ac.in:8080/VITMEE/ following the steps given.
- The applicants should also have their photo and signature ready to upload.
- The payment can be either made by online using net banking / credit / debit cards.
- The filled in application may be downloaded and stored for future reference. No Need To Send The Filled-In Application Form / Certificates By Post.
Mode of Payment :
All payments are to be made only in the form of a crossed Demand Draft drawn in favour of “VIT University”, payable at Vellore ( only computerized DD is accepted ). Various tiers of scholarships and teaching assistantships are available for high scores in valid GATE.
To know more about Application Form Click Here
VITMEE 2017 Exam Centres
VITMEE 2017 Admission Procedure
- The applicants should apply online in the respect link provided in the website ( www.vit.ac.in ) by paying a non-refundable application of 950/- ( Rupees Nine Hundred Fifty only ). The applicants should register for VITMEE for a Computer Based Objective test at indicated test centres. The list of short-listed candidates will be published in the website or personal SMS to the registered mobile number for an interview / counselling .
- Candidates selected will have to pay a deposit of 10,000/- towards counselling fee. Counselling fee is Non-Refundable, but it will be adjusted in the tuition fees once the candidate joins the university. This amount should be paid by demand draft drawn in favour of “VIT University”, payable at Vellore ( only computerised DD will be accepted ). Candidates who fail to pay the advance at the Counselling will not be considered for Admission.
- Admit cards can be downloaded from www.vit.ac.in. Admit Card will not be faxed or sent by post or e-mail personally.
- The candidates must not mutilate the Admit card or alter any entry made therein.
- The Admit card is not transferable to any other person. Impersonation is a legally punishable offence.
- The Admit card will contain your name, registration number, photograph, Signature, your postal address, slot, date of examination and also the address of your test centre, test schedule and set of instructions for the test.
- The candidate should carefully examine the Admit card once received. Any discrepancy should be immediately brought to the notice of the Director ( PG Admissions ). firstname.lastname@example.org or +91-416-2204600.
- ApplicantsWill not be permitted to write the test without a valid admit Card. The Admit Card should be presented to the invigilators at the test centre for verification.
- The candidates must sign the attendance sheet at the appropriate places at the test centre. The finger print of the can-didate writing the examination will be recorded and later verified during the counselling time.
- The Admit Card should be preserved and produced for verification at the time of Interview / admission.
- Candidates are not eligible for admission in case the applicant violates any instruction or involves unfair means in the examination hall.
VITMEE 2017 Syllabus
Algebra : Fundamental operations in Algebra, Expansion, factorization, quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, binomial theorem, permutations and combinations.
Calculus : Functions of single variable, limit, continuity and differentiability, Mean value theorems, indeterminate forms and L’Hospital rule, Maxima and minima, Taylor’s series, Fundamental and mean value-theorems of integral calculus, total derivatives, Lagrange method of multipliers.
Differential Equations : Differential equations of first order and their solutions, linear differential equations with constant coefficients, homogenous linear differential equations.
Algorithms : Analysis, Asymptotic notation, Notions of space and time complexity, Worst and average case analysis; Design: Greedy approach, Dynamic programming, Divide-and conquer; Connected components, Spanning trees, Shortest paths. Asymptotic analysis (best, worst, average cases) of time and space, upper and lower bounds.
Probability : Probability theory, Dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, and measures of dispersions, Skewness and Kurtosis, random variable and distribution functions, mathematical expectations, Binomial, Poisson, normal distributions.
Algebra and Complex Analysis : Algebra of matrices, rank and determinant of matrices, linear equations. Eigenvalues and eigenvectors, Cayley-Hamilton theorem. Matrix representation of linear transformations. Canonical forms, diagonal forms, triangular forms, Quadratic forms, reduction and classification of quadratic forms Analytic functions, Cauchy-Riemann equations. Contour integral, Cauchy ’s theorem, Cauchy’s integral formula, Taylor series, Laurent series, calculus of residues. Conformal mappings, Mobius transformations —Fourier series—harmonics.
Calculus and its Applications : Linear ordinary differential equations (ODEs), variation of parameters, Sturm-Liouville problem. Partial differential equations (PDEs) – Classification of second order PDEs, General solution of higher order PDEs with constant coefficients, Method of separation of variables for Laplace, Heat and Wave equations. Transformation techniques—Laplace transformation—Fourier transforms—z—transformation to solve differential and difference equations.
Numerical Methods : Numerical solutions of algebraic and transcendental equations iteration methods and Newton — Raphson method, Solution of systems of linear algebraic equations using Gauss elimination and Gauss-Seidel methods-Numerical differentiation and integration, Numerical solutions of ODEs and PDEs.
Descriptive statistics, Exploratory Data Analysis : Sample space, discrete probability, independent events, Bayes theorem. Random variables and distribution functions (univariate and multivariate) – expectation and moments. Independent random variables, marginal and conditional distributions. Characteristic functions. Standard discrete and continuous univariate distributions. Correlation and simple and multiple linear regression. Test of hypotheses —Large and small sample tests confidence intervals. Chi-square test goodness of fit. Simple non parametric tests for one and two sample problems, rank correlation and test for independence. ANOVA.
Date Structures : Arrays, Stacks, Queues, linked Lists. Sorting techniques, Searching Techniques, Trees and Graph terminology and representation in memory, binary search tree, traversal techniques of graphs and Trees.
Computer Networks : Network models, Internet model, OSI model, Physical Layer – Analog and Digital Signals, Analog and Digital Transmission, Coding, Sampling. Data Link Layer – Error detection and correction, Data link control and Protocols, Stop and wait, Go -back-n, Selective repeat. Network Layer – Inter-networks, Addressing, unicast and multicast routing, Presentation Layer.
Programming in C : Data types, Declarations, Expressions, statements and symbolic constants, input-Output functions. Operators and expressions: Arithmetic, unary, logical, bit-wise, assignment and conditional operators. Control statements: While, do-while, for statements, nested loops, if else, switch, break, Continue, comma operators. Storage types: Automatic, external, register and static variables.Functions: Defining and accessing, passing arguments, Recursion.
Database Management Systems : DBMS architecture, Data models, data independence, E-R model, normalization, Relational Model: concepts, constraints, languages. Data storage, indexing, query processing, design and programming SQL.
Operating Systems : Process management, Process States, Process Control Block, Process and Threads, CPU Scheduling, Scheduling algorithm, Process Synchronization and Deadlock, Memory management, Virtual memory concepts paging and segmentation File organization, Blocking and buffering, file descriptor, File and Directory structures, I/O Devices.
Computer Architecture : Boolean algebra and computer arithmetic, flip-flops, design of combinational and sequential circuits, instruction formats, addressing modes, interfacing peripheral devices, types of memory and their organization, interrupts and exceptions. Von Neumann Computer, System Bus. Instruction Cycle, Data Representation, Machine instruction and Assembly Language.
- Subject– Verb Agreement
- Tense forms
- Articles and Preposition
- Use of Conjunctions
- Writing Technical Instructions
- Writing Memos & Writing Minutes
- Preparing Questionnaire
- Proof Reading
To know more about Admission Procedure Click Here
VITMEE 2017 MCA Results
VITMEE 2017 MCA Result Date :
VITMEE 2017 Result Date :VITMEE Entrance Exam Results likely to be declared in the month of July, 2017.
Please keep watching this page, to check your VITMEE Entrance Results 2017…
To know more about Results Click Here
VITMEE 2017 Counselling
The candidate should produce the admit card at the time of interview. Candidates will be short-listed for counselling on the basis of their performance in the VIT Master’s Entrance Examination ( VITMEE ) Rank. Attending counseling process alone will not assure admission since the seat allotment is based on the merit list and there is a chance that some may not get admission if the seats are filled before their rank/ turn comes.
Selected candidates should pay an advance of 10,000/- towards counselling fee. The counselling fees is Non-Refundable, but it will be adjusted in the tuition fees once the candidate joins the University. ( Only Computerised DD will be accepted paya-ble to “VIT University”, at Vellore ). The candidate’s name will be removed from the admission list, if he / she fails to pay the advance at the time of the Interview.
Documents to be produced at the time of counselling / interview :
The Candidate shall produce the following documents in original for verification, along with one-set of photocopies while reporting for counselling. Candidates will not be allowed to participate in the interview without these docu-ments.
- Admit Card of the Entrance Examination
- X and XII Std. Marks statement
- Mark Sheets of all semesters / years of the qualifying examination up to pre-final / final year as applicable
- Qualifying Degree / Provisional Certificate ( If already received )
- Transfer / Migration Certificate obtained from the Institute last studied ( If already received )
- Valid GATE score card for Candidates applying for M.Tech. (if applicable)
- Service Certificate/ No Objection Certificate issued by the Employer. ( For sponsored candidates for M.Tech. Pro-grammes only ) Community Certificate ( for all categories except OC / General ).
- DEMAND DRAFT for 10,000, drawn in favour of “VIT University”, payable at Vellore.
Only after verification of these documents, the candidate will be allowed to participate in the counselling. Authentic records pertaining to marks sheet of the qualifying examination and state of eligibility, as indicated in section 4, will be checked. If a candidate fails to produce any of the above documents, he / she will not be considered for admission.
After remittance of the non-refundable deposit and obtaining the provisional admission letter, if the candidate fails to qualify in the prescribed qualifying examination, the provisional admission accorded will be cancelled with the forfeit of fee.
To know more about Counselling Click Here
VITMEE 2017 Important Dates
|1||Issue of Application form||10th March, 2017|
|2||Last date of Apply online||19th May, 2017|
|3||Last date of Edit Application form||19th May, 2017|
|4||Publication of short listed applicants for counseling ( Tentative )||9th June, 2017|
|5||Dates for Counselling||19th June, 2017|
|6||Last Date of Payment of Balance Fees||7th July, 2017|
|7||Date of Entrance Exam||3rd June, 2017 and 4th June, 2017 10.00 am – 12.00 & 02.30 pm – 04.30 pm|
|8||Commencement of Classes||12th July, 2017|
Vellore – 632014,
Tamil Nadu, India,
Telephone No : +91-416-220 4600 / 4700 /4800,
Fax No : +91-416-224 5544,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.vit.ac.in.
|Apply online : http://vtop2.vit.ac.in:8080/VITEEE/|