|AIPMT 2016 Question Papers Book + Question Bank CD -|
AFMC Entrance Exam 2016
AFMC Pune 2016 Admission to MBBS Course for the session 2016 will be based on AIPMT 2016 Entrance Exam conducted by CBSE this year.
AFMC MBBS Entrance Exam 2016
1. The Armed Forces Medical College ( AFMC ), is a premier medical Institute of India acknowledged as a centre of Excellence for education and research. It was established in 1948 for postgraduate courses. A graduate wing for MBBS course was started in AFMC on 04 August 1962 with the aim of inducting medical graduates to the Armed Forces Medical Services.
2. The AFMC is affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik and is recognized by the Medical Council of India.
AFMC Prospectus Availability 2016
- Armed Forces Medical College Pune 2016 Prospectus and Application Forms for entrance will be available online.
AFMC MBBS 2016 Course Duration
- The duration of MBBS course is 4 ½ years followed by compulsory rotating internship training of one year. All the medical cadets with service liability undergo internship training in selected service hospitals recognized by the Medical Council of India. Course commences on 1st August, 2016.
AFMC 2016 Service Liability
- Candidates admitted to AFMC for MBBS course have compulsory liability to serve as Commissioned Officers in the Armed Forces Medical Services. The offer of the type of commission will depend upon the vacancies available and shall be determined on merit – cum – option at the final MBBS examination. The liability of the SSC officers passing out of AFMC to serve the Armed Forces Medical Services would be 7 ( seven ) years.
- Any candidate withdrawing from the college after 1600hrs ( 4.00 PM ) on July, 2016 or after 7 days of admission ( whichever is later ) will have to pay Bond Money as per conditions given in Government of India, Ministry of Defence letter No 17436/DGAFMS/DG-1D/1819/13/(a)/D(Medical) dated 15th January, 2015.
- The candidate’s parents / guardians are required to sign the bond agreement at the time of admission which is 26,00,000/- ( Rupees Twenty Six Lacs only ).
To know more about AFMC MBBS Exam Details Click Here
AFMC MBBS Eligibility 2016
i. General Eligibility for Admission to AFMC 2016 MBBS Course :
A candidate seeking admission to the MBBS Course in AFMC is eligible if he / she fulfills the following criteria :
- A candidate should be citizen of India. Foreign nationals of Indian origin may be admitted into AFMC only after they have acquired Indian citizenship or in respect of whom the Ministry of Home Affairs issues a certificate of eligibility.
- Must be unmarried. Marrying during the course is not permitted.
- Should be medically fit as per prescribed standards by the Government of India, Ministry of Defence.
- There will be two Age Criteria categories for AFMC Pune Admission 2016 depending on academic qualifications :
- 10+2 or equivalent : Should attain the age of 17 years on 31st December, 2016 but must not have attained the age of 22 years on that date i.e. must have been born not earlier than 1st January, 1995 and not later than 31st December, 1999.
- Passed B.Sc. examination or appearing in Final B.Sc. examination : Must not have attained the age of 24 years i.e. must have been born not earlier than 1st January, 1993.
Note : The criteria for marks in the qualifying examination ( 10+2 ) or equivalent will be same for candidates of this category.
ii. Academic Qualifications for Admission to AFMC 2016 MBBS Course :
Candidates must have passed one of the following qualifying examinations in the first attempt with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken simultaneously and securing not less than 60% of the aggregate marks in these three science subjects taken together and not less than 50% marks in English and 50% marks in each of the science subjects. They must have also passed an examination in Mathematics of the tenth standard. These are :
- The Higher Secondary ( 10+2 ) or equivalent examination in Science of a statutory Indian University / board or other recognized examination body with English, Physics, Chemistry & Biology which shall include practical test in all of these science subjects.
- The Pre – professional / Pre – Medical examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology ( after passing either Higher Secondary School examination or pre – University or equivalent examination ) which shall include practical test in these science subjects.
- 1st year of three years Degree course of a recognized University with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology including practical test in Science subjects provided the examination is a University Examination.
- Senior Secondary of a statutory Examination Board of Indian School Certificate examination of 12 years of study, last two years of study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English at higher level.
- Any other examination which in scope and standard is found to be equivalent to the Higher Secondary Science / Pre – Professional / Pre – medical Examination of Indian University / Board with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology including practical test in each of these Science subjects.
- B.Sc. Examination of a recognized Indian University provided that he / she has passed the B.Sc. Examination in not less than two of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology ( Botany, Zoology ) and further that he / she has passed the qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
Note : The criteria for marks in Qualifying Examination ( i.e. 10 + 2 or equivalent exam ) remain the same for the B.Sc. candidates also.
- Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing in qualifying examination up to 30th April, 2016 may also apply. Admission, if selected, however, will be subject to passing and meeting the eligibility criteria.
- Regarding the requirement of Mathematics, candidate who has passed Higher Secondary, Senior Cambridge or Indian School Certificate examination and had not offered Mathematics in the final year will be deemed eligible if he / she had studied Mathematics up to the pre – final year stage ( X Class ) and had passed an examination in the subject provided it was at least of Tenth standard. A certificate signed by the Head Master or Principal of the school in which candidate has studied should be produced at the time of interview in such cases. A candidate who had not taken Mathematics at the Tenth or an equivalent examination but had subsequently passed in Mathematics as an additional subject in I. Sc. / B.Sc. examination is also eligible.
The following categories of candidates are not eligible to apply for AFMC Pune Admission 2016 :
- Candidates who have passed in Domestic Science, Domestic Arithmetic, Lower Maths separately or in combination with other subjects like General Science / Social studies in High School / Higher Secondary ( Multipurpose ) or equivalent examination.
- Candidates who have passed only Pre – University / Pre – Degree ( one year course ) or Pre – Professional in Agriculture / Veterinary / Dental Examination.
- Candidates who have passed the Pre – professional or equivalent qualifying examination as a Private candidate or from Open schools.
- Candidates who have secured the requisite percentage but in subsequent attempts or compartment examination.
Note : It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they possess the requisite qualifications for admission. Having filled up the online application form or being called for the interview does not necessarily mean acceptance of eligibility. Final eligibility for admission will be decided by Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik.
To know more about AFMC MBBS Eligibiity Click Here
AFMC MBBS 2016 Online Application Form
Candidates can apply for AFMC Pune 2016 only through “Online”. Armed Force Medical College 2016 MBBS Online Application Form will be available in the following link : www.afmcdg1d.gov.in
- AFMC Pune 2016 Registration & Application Process starts from April, 2016.
- AFMC Pune 2016 MBBS Online Application Process will be available on the websites www.afmcdg1d.gov.in and www.afmc.nic.in.
- Last Date for Submission of AFMC 2016 UG Application Form Online will be 23rd May, 2016
AFMC MBBS 2016 Online Registration Details
Instructions for completion & submission of the AFMC MBBS 2016 Online Application Form :
( Do not send any document to AFMC Pune by post )
i. Part 1 – AFMC Pune 2016 MBBS Registration / Account Generation and Login :
- Method for filling up Armed Force Medical College 2016 MBBS Online Application : You will have to register on the website and create a login account, the process of which is enumerated below. There are three parts namely Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. All fields in these parts are to be filled up in Block Capital Letters only except for e-mail.
- Create your Login and Password – On the website www.afmc.nic.in. click the AFMC MBBS Admission 2016 link. You shall be directed to the website www.afmcdg1d.gov.in.
- On the right hand side please click on the “Login for UG” icon. New applicants register by clicking on the “New Applicant – Click Here To Register” link. You shall be redirected to an registration processing page where you will have to enter your Name ( First Name, Middle Name, Last Name ( as mentioned in your Class X / SSLC / Higher Secondary / CBSE certificate ), valid Email id, AIPMT 2016 Roll number Qualified exam, Landline No, Mobile no, Gender and Date of Birth ( as mentioned in your Class X / SSLC / Higher Secondary / CBSE certificate ). Then enter the security code CAPTCHA letters in the image correctly. Details once entered here cannot be changed.
Note : You can use your email id only once to register. If you have wrongly submitted the form, you will not be able to register again with the same Email id. Please be extremely careful and ensure that you fill your AIPMT 2016 Roll number ( starting with 8xxxxxxx ) and Email ID correctly and completely. Merit of candidates who have not provided correct AIPMT Roll number will not be declared and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained. There is no provision of correction of Roll numbers once entered and submitted.
- Create your Login and Password – On the website www.afmc.nic.in. click the AFMC MBBS Admission 2016 link. You shall be directed to the website www.afmcdg1d.gov.in.
- A password shall be generated when you click “Submit” which will be sent to your registered Email ID. Login into your registered Email ID and retrieve the password that has been sent to you.
- Visit the login site at www.afmcdg1d.gov.in and use this password and your user id ( Email id ) to login into your newly created account. In case you would like to create a new password for yourself you may do so after logging in to your account. This password will be of minimum 8 characters with minimum of two characters in capital, with two special characters and two numericals.
- Applicants can login to their account by entering the login name i.e. email id and new login password.
ii. Part 2 – AFMC Pune 2016 Filling of Qualification Details :
- Once you have logged into your account, you will have fill up your relevant details. Fill up your application form deliberately and with caution. All fields marked with a red star ( * ) are mandatory. Once you fill in Part 2 correctly you may go on to fill in Part 3.
- In this part you will have to fill in your details of qualification and relevant data. Please enter the same with deliberate caution. Documents of candidates shortlisted for interview at AFMC Pune will be checked as per the details as mentioned in Part 2.
- In case you have appeared for the qualifying examination and are expecting the results, then you should click on the relevant button.
iii. Part 3 – AFMC MBBS 2016 Filling of Personal Details :
- In this part you will have to fill in your personal and other relevant data. Please enter the same with deliberate caution. Documents of candidates shortlisted for interview at AFMC Pune will be checked as per the details as mentioned in Part 3.
- Name of father and mother should be as per records in the Class X / SSLC / Higher Secondary certificate. Any change / discrepancy may call for disqualification.
- Fill up your correct and complete postal address along with the Pin code as applicable. AFMC Pune will not be responsible for any communication that has been sent to a wrong address provided by the candidate.
- Please keep the following ready before you attempt to fill up your AFMC Pune 2016 MBBS Application Form.
- Recent colour digital passport size photograph ( in .jpg / .jpeg format of size less than or equal to 500 KB ONLY ). The photograph must indicate clearly the name of the candidate along with the date of taking the photograph. It should be without cap or goggles. Spectacles are allowed. Polaroid and computer generated photographs should not be used. Photograph of the candidate should not be attested. Candidates not complying with these instructions or with unclear photograph are liable to be rejected. Candidates must keep 8 – 10 identical photographs ready in reserve for use during Interview / Admission.
- Scanned copy of your signature ( in .jpg / .jpeg format of size less than or equal to 500 KB only ). Candidates should ensure that they have uploaded the correct signature only. Any request for a change of the signature that has been submitted once will not be accepted.
- Check thoroughly whether you have filled all your relevant details correctly. Click on preview button. You will be able to see the completed form. Please double check whether you have filled up all details correctly. When sure, only then you may hit the submit button. Please verify and ensure correctness of completed form before submission.
- Candidate will be able to download the challan for payment of AFMC 2016 MBBS Application Form only once you submit your form. You will have to print this challan form containing the “Bank copy”, and the “Student copy”. The downloaded challan form will have your name and unique registration number mentioned on it along with your date of birth and mobile number. AFMC Pune 2016 MBBS Application Forms of candidates who have not made the mandatory payment shall not be considered after the last date.
AFMC 2016 Application Fee Payment
- Visit the nearest State Bank of India Bank Branch on the next working day i.e. on the day after registration or any day till the last day of payment at bank. ( Example : If you have registered on the website on 27th April, 2016 you can visit your nearest SBI bank branch on 28th April, 2016 or any day till last day of payment to make the payment of 250/- ( Application + Bank charges ) ).Note : The last date for submission of AFMC 2016 Online Application is 23rd May, 2016 and the last date for generation of challan from your login account is 26th May, 2016. Last day for depositing the challan at any SBI bank branch will be 30th May, 2016.
- At the Bank : Carry the printout of the challan to your nearest branch of State Bank of India. The window clerk shall verify your registration details including name from the printed challan and then enter your payment. A journal number will be generated by the bank and this will be written / stamped on both copies of the bank challan. The bank shall retain the bank copy while candidate shall be given the student copy.
- Ensure that the journal number is written on the student copy along with the seal of the bank. ( Please keep a copy of this safely as this will be your proof for having paid the application charges and bank fees ).
AFMC Pune 2016 Application Form Status
- Your application may be accepted or rejected. You will be able to do your status check any time by logging in to your login account at any time. The status of your application will be available online once you have submitted your application.
- Last date for submission of application form online will be 23rd May, 2016.
To know more about AFMC MBBS Application Form Click Here
AFMC 2016 Medical Standards
1. To be declared fit for admission, the candidate must be in good physical and mental health and free from any disability likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duty in the Armed Forces.
2. Medical Examination will be carried out by a Board of Officers at AFMC Pune, prior to admission to the College. Medical Board will categorize the candidates as Fit and Unfit, in accordance with the prescribed standards. Candidates declared Unfit are entitled to appeal on payment of a fee of 40/-. The president of the Medical Board / OIC Admission Cell will intimate the procedure to the concerned candidates.
3. Medical fitness for admission to MBBS Course at AFMC will be decided by the Medical Board as per Para 2 above. However, the following few important physical requirements are being indicated for guidance of the candidates. The candidates in their own interest may get themselves medically examined to avoid any disappointment later on :
(a) They should be free from serious deformity and mal – developments. There should be no scoliosis, spina bifida and other skeletal deformities apparent or on clinical examination.
(b) There should be no impediment of speech.
(c) There should be no sign of functional / organic disease of the heart and blood vessels.
(d) There should be no evidence of pulmonary tuberculosis or previous history of this disease or any other chronic disease of the lungs.
(e) There should be no evidence of any disease of the digestive system, including any abnormality of the liver and spleen. Ultra – sound exam of the abdomen will be done.
(f) There should be no inguinal hernia or tendency thereto, hydrocoele or definite varicocoele or any other disease or defect of the genital organs. Candidates who have been operated for hernia may be declared medically fit provided :
- One year has elapsed since operation. Documentary proof to this effect is to be provided by the candidates.
- General tone of the abdominal musculature is good.
- There has been no recurrence of the hernia or any complication concerned with the operation.
(g) There is no fistula or evidence of piles.
(h) There is no disease of the kidneys, including glycosuria or albuminuria.
(j) There is no disease of the skin.
(k) There is no active, latent or congenital STD or HIV.
(l) There is no history of epilepsy and any mental and psychiatric disorder.
(m) There is no squint or any other morbid condition of the eye and eyelids.
(n) There is no active trachoma or its complications.
(o) There are no enlarged glands ( Lymph nodes ) in the neck and other parts of the body.
(p) The height and weight requirements will depends upon the age, body build and racial characteristics as per standards laid down for Armed Forces. The minimum requirements is as follows :
- Girls Standards : In case of female candidates, minimum height of 144 cms and minimum weight of 36 Kgs is essential.
- Boys Standards : The male candidates with height below 157.5 cms ( 152.5 cms for Gorkhas, Nepalese, Assamese and Garhwali ) and weight below 47 kgs will not be accepted irrespective of age and other factors.
- Overweight and obese candidates as per Height / Age Weight standards for the Armed Forces will be declared unfit.
(q) There should be a minimum 5 cms range of chest expansion.
(r) Minimum of 14 dental points are essential and candidates should be free from severe pyorrhea and advanced caries.
(s) There should be no ear discharge and no perforation of the eardrum / nasal septum. There should also be no hard wax in the ear canal, obstructing the view of the eardrum.
Visual Standards :
|Sr.No||Better eye||Worse Eye|
|(i)||Distant Vision / ( Corrected )||6/6||6/18|
|(ii)||Near Vision ( Corrected )||N5||N8|
|(iii)||Myopia of not more than||– 3.5 D in any one meridian|
|(iv)||Hypermetropia of not more than||+ 3.5 D in any one meridian. Including astigmatism|
aa. Fundus and Media to be healthy and within normal limits.
ab. No undue degenerative signs of vitreous or chorio – retinitis to be present, suggesting progressive myopia.
ac. Minimum colour vision standard should be CP – 3 ( Defective Safe ).
ad. Should have good binocular vision, fusion faculty and full field of vision in both eyes.
ae. There should be no organic disease likely to exacerbations or deterioration.
af. Candidates who have undergone lasik surgery will be governed as per provisions of DGAFMS / departmental instructions from time to time. Lasik / PRK for correction of vision is permitted only for candidates of age 20 years and above and even among them a period of 06 months should have elapsed after the procedure.
Hearing Standard : Hearing will be tested by speech test, if required audiometric records will also be taken.
(i) Speech Test : The candidate should be able to hear a forced whisper with each ear separately, standing with his / her back to the examiner at a distance of 20 feet in a reasonably quiet room. The examiner should whisper with the residual air, that is to say, at the end of an ordinary expiration.
(ii) Audiometric record : The candidates should have no loss of hearing in either ear at frequencies of 128 to 4.096 cycles per second ( Audiometry reading between plus 10 and minus 10 ).
4. The Medical Board will be guided by departmental instructions issued from time to time. The above guidelines are for the information of candidates only.
To know more about AFMC MBBS Medical Standards Click Here
AFMC 2016 Selection Method
i. Eligible candidates who are interested to join AFMC Pune, to pursue the MBBS course will have to mandatorily appear for the AIPMT 2016 examination to be conducted by CBSE and should have ticked on the option for AFMC and also apply online to AFMC Pune on the websites mentioned below. The AIPMT 2016Roll number starting with 6, is an eight digit number and is essential for being recognized for admission to AFMC Pune and shall be required at all stages of admission process.
ii. Candidates who are appearing in the AIPMT 2016 Entrance Examination will also have to register and apply online to AFMC Pune on the website www.afmc.nic.in ( or ) www.afmcdg1d.gov.in with the AIPMT 2016 Roll number allotted by CBSE for AIPMT 2016. Be careful not to enter registration number of AIPMT- 2016 at the time of applying online for AFMC
iii. On declaration of the AIPMT 2016 Results by CBSE, AFMC Pune shall draw merit from amongst the candidates who have applied to AFMC Pune and also appeared for the AIPMT 2016 Entrance Examination.
iv. The online registration / candidate ID numbers of the candidates who are shortlisted for interview based on merit will be displayed on the website www.afmcdg1d.gov.in. The intimation for interview will be sent on email ids of successful candidates. They will find call letters for the interview once they log on into their account.
AFMC 2016 Interview Shortlisted Candidates
- The shortlisted candidates in order of online registration numbers will be called for Test of English Language, Comprehension, Logic and Reasoning ( ToELR ) and Psychological assessment cum Interview to be held in the month of June / July at AFMC, Pune.
- Test of English Language, Comprehension, Logic and Reasoning ( ToELR ) will be in the form of CBT ( Computer Based Test ) consisting of 40 MCQs of 2.0 marks each amounting to a maximum of 80 marks and will be held at AFMC Pune. There will be negative marks of 0.5 for every incorrect answer. These 40 questions will be required to be answered in 30 minutes. The marks obtained in ToELR will be added to AIPMT 2016 score ( max of 720 ) to get a score out of 800. This will be divided by 4 to get the written examination score out of 200. The interview will consist of 50 marks. The final merit will be based on the Final score thus obtained ( Written examination score + Interview marks ).
- No enquiries on telephone / fax regarding results will be entertained by office of DGAFMS New Delhi or AFMC Pune.
ii. The exact date and time of the interview at AFMC Pune will be intimated to shortlisted candidates and will also be intimated by email. Request for change of date of interview will NOT be entertained except under extreme circumstances. The candidates will be required to produce originals of all certificates / marks sheets, AIPMT 2016 Admit Card ( hall ticket ), AIPMT score card and original certificate of NCC, Sports certificate at school, District, State & National / International level if any at the time of interview at AFMC Pune.
All candidates will produce result or proof of having appeared in the qualifying examination held on or before 30th April, 2016 at the time of interview ( if the result of such examination has not been declared ). Original mark sheet & pass certificate of qualifying examination, however will have to be produced prior to admission.
iii. On the basis of the Final score ( AIPMT 2016 score, ToELR score and interview marks ) two merit lists, one for boys and one for girls, will be drawn up and admissions will be offered only to candidates on these merit lists in accordance with their final merit position. Individual call letters of admission will be sent by post only to selected candidates who would be required to join AFMC. The remaining candidates will be on the waiting list. The result will be published by the O / o DGAFMS in leading national newspapers and displayed on web sites stated above, O / o DGAFMS and Admission cell of AFMC Pune.
iv. If a candidate does not receive a letter calling him / her up for examination / interview or having taken the examination / interview, for joining the College, he / she can check up his / her position in the merit list from the list displayed in the office of the DGAFMS and the Admission cell of AFMC Pune. No representation for non – selection will be entertained. No correspondence on the subject will be entertained.
SC / ST Candidates :
Reservation is only for SC / ST category candidates. Ten seats out of 130 are reserved for SC / ST candidates. The following procedure will be followed for admission of SC / ST candidates against the reserved seats subject to fulfilling the following criteria :
- The SC / ST candidates must have applied to AFMC Pune and also qualified in the AIPMT – 2016 Written Examination and should have come within the zone to be called up for interview.
- If shortlisted and called for interview, they must come within the first 500 in the final combined merit list of boys and girls as per the Final score obtained.
- They must fulfill all other conditions / standards, as applicable to non – SC / ST candidates, like age eligibility, academic qualification, medical fitness, etc.
- These reserved seats will be in addition to any vacancies secured by SC / ST candidates on the basis of their position in the merit lists.
- In case of any SC / ST girl / boy, admitted against reserved vacancies the number of girls / boys to be admitted against the general seats will be reduced correspondingly.
- All such candidates will have to sign a surety bond on the same lines and on the same conditions as general candidates.
AFMC 2016 Admission Process
i. Document Scrutiny : The candidates called for admission will have to produce the original Admit card for AIPMT 2016 containing the AIPMT Roll number, copy of the online application to AFMC Pune, original mark sheets of their qualifying examination and other documents, details of which will be given in the joining instructions handed over to the candidates at the time of interview.
If their results and mark sheets are not received by the date of reporting for admission to AFMC, their candidature will be cancelled and no representation in this respect will be entertained. No candidate will be admitted provisionally awaiting result of the qualifying examination. If at any point of time in the process of examination, selection, admission, or studies the documents of the candidate are found to be false / not authentic or any other discrepancy is observed, the candidature / selection / admission of the candidate will be cancelled forthwith.
ii. Vacancies remaining, due to failure of selected candidates to report for admission by the due date will be filled by candidates from the waiting list in order of merit. The waiting list candidates will be called in blocks and allotted seats in order of merit from amongst the candidates called for admission. Candidates reporting in excess to the number of available vacancies, on the date of reporting, will be advised to report every day, thereafter, at 0900hr for any vacancy arising till the completion of admission process.
Any vacancy arising, till the closure of Admission process, will be filled up the next day. Hence, candidates are advised to stay at AFMC, Pune till the completion of admission process i.e. till all 105 boys and 25 girls vacancies are filled up. Those in the waiting list should keep certificates, Bond and fees ready with themselves to move at short notice on receipt of telephonic intimation, letter or telegram. DGAFMS / College will not be responsible for delay in receipt or non receipt of communication sent by post.
iii. No intimation about non selection or correspondence in this regard will be entertained. No seats will be kept vacant for candidates higher in merit in waiting list if they fail to report on the date on which they have been called for reporting.
iv. Candidates must preserve the AIPMT 2016 admit cards till the admission to AFMC is over. Admit card along with AIPMT 2016 Roll number, will be required during the interview and final admission to college.
v. Medical Examination : All candidates will be subjected to medical examination as per the requirement of the Armed Forces and as per the laid down standards. There is no provision for declaring a candidate temporarily unfit. The final authority for deciding medical fitness to the MBBS Course is the Commandant AFMC. Medical Examination report by civilian doctors will not be accepted.
To know more about AFMC MBBS Selection Process Click Here
AFMC Exam Centres
|THIRUVANTHAPURAM||UDHAMPUR ( J&K )||VADODARA|
|VARANASI||VASCO – DA GAMA||VISAKHAPATANAM|
To know more about AFMC MBBS Exam Centres Click Here
AFMC MBBS 2016 Results
AFMC MBBS 2016 Exam Date
Admission to MBBS Course in Armed Forces Medical College will be based on All India Pre – Medical / Pre – Dental Entrance Test – AIPMT 2016.
AFMC MBBS 2016 Result Date
Admission to MBBS Course in Armed Forces Medical College Selection List is likely to be released in the month of June, 2016.
Please keep watching this page, to check your AFMC MBBS Entrance Results 2016…
To know more about AFMC MBBS Results Click Here
AFMC MBBS 2016 Important Dates
|Start Date for Registration and Filling Online Application||26th April, 2016|
|Last Date for Registration||20th May, 2016
( 23:59 hrs )
|Last Date of Filling and Submission of Online Application||23rd May, 2016
( 23:59 hrs )
|Last Date for Generation and Print of Fee Challan||26th May, 2016
( 23:59 hrs )
|Last Date for Payment of Fee at any SBI Branch||30th May, 2016
( Working Hours )
To know more about AFMC MBBS Question Papers Click Here
|Important :1. AFMC PG 2016 Admission will be Based on AIPGMEE 2016 this time. Candidates who appear in AIPGMEE 2016 should also apply to AFMC through Online Form.
For More Details Please Visit AIPGMEE 2016 Entrance Exam
AFMC PG 2016 Entrance Exam
Armed Forces Medical College,
Wanowrie, Pune – 411 040,
Phone No. : 020 – 26333572,
Website : www.afmc.nic.in,www.afmcdg1d.gov.in.
Admission to Post Graduate seats of Armed Forces Medical Services will be based on All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination ( AIPGMEE – 2016 ). Candidates appearing for the AIPGMEE 2016 and wishing to join the Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions will also have to mandatory apply online to the AFMS on the website www.afmcdg1d.gov.in.
AIPGMEE 2016 Exam Date
|AIPGMEE 2016 Medical Exam Date : 02nd December, 2015 to to 08th December, 2015|
AFMC PG 2016 Eligibility
The following eligibility criteria shall be applicable :-
- Admission to the postgraduate medical courses at AFMS institutions, subject to the priorities laid down in the prospectus is open to graduates of medical colleges recognized by Medical Council of India and who have registered themselves as Registered Medical Practitioners with any State Medical Council recognized by MCI. Students who have completed / are completing internship by 31st March, 2015 are eligible to apply however the Provisional registration certificate / Permanent Registration certificate should be available at the time of admission.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Foreign students sponsored by the Government and approved by the DGAFMS should have passed their MBBS / equivalent examination.
- Maximum permissible age for Priority – V ( civilian candidates ) will be 35 years as on April, 2016.
- A candidate shall not be eligible if he / she has cancelled or failed to report for admission in the past which has resulted in lapse of a seat.
- A candidate who is already pursuing any PG course shall not be eligible for admission to PG course in 2016.
- The number of candidates to be admitted in any discipline during the academic session 2016 – 2019 will be determined by the number of post graduate teachers available, the student – teacher ratio and any other criteria laid down by the Medical Council of India and affiliated University from time to time. However, the exact number of available seats in each priority will be displayed on the website before the start of counseling for that particular Priority.
- All candidates, irrespective of Priority, once admitted to a particular degree course on conclusion of counseling process of that priority will not be permitted to change over to another subject.
AFMC 2016 Age Criteria : Maximum permissible age for civilian candidates ( Priority V Candidates ) shall be 35 years as on April, 2016.
AFMC PG 2016 Seats
Available Subjects for PG Seats in AFMS Institutions :
|Recognised / Permitted Subjects for MD / MS / Diploma
|3 ||Aerospace Medicine||MD|
|8 ||Hosp Administration||MD|
|10||General Medicine||MD ||MD||MD||MD||MD||MD||MD|
|12 ||Obs & Gynae||MS||MS||MS||MS||MS||MS|
|23||Blood transfusion and Immunology||MD|
AFMC PG 2016 Method of Selection
The following method shall be adopted :-
a) AFMC PG Entrance Examination : All candidates desirous of joining the AFMS institute will have to mandatorily appear in the AIPGMEE 2016 entrance examination prior to filling up of the online form of the AFMS institutions. The roll number / Testing id ( CD followed by 07 digits ) of the AIPGMEE 2016 is an essential and mandatory requirement for further filling up of the online form.
(b) Merit List : A Merit list will be prepared as per the result / rank received from NBE as per the roll number provided by the candidate, priority wise. Names of candidates who have qualified in and their order of merit for the AIPGMEE 2016 examination will be displayed on the website of the DGAFMS and also will be intimated in their login id. Candidates are advised to follow the notice board on the website regularly for updates.
Note : Merit of candidates who have NOT provided correct Testing ID / Roll numbers will NOT be declared and no correspondence in this regard shall be entertained from any candidate at any point of time. There is NO provision of correction of the roll numbers once it is entered into the application form and the application is submitted.
AFMC PG 2016 Application Form
Methodology for Applying :
The following methodology will be adopted by candidates :-
(a) All candidates seeking admission to any of the institutions of the AFMS will have to mandatorily appear in the AIPGMEE 2016. They will have to register and apply online on the website www.afmcdg1d.gov.in and also submit the completed application to be considered for admission to any of the AFMS teaching institutions.
(b) The candidates will have to mandatorily fill the AIPGMEE 2016 Roll no / Testing ID already available with him / her without which the application form will be deemed as incomplete. In case of AIPGMEE 2016 the Roll no / Testing ID starts with alphabet ‘CD’ followed by 07 digits. e.g.CD1234567. For the convenience of the candidates, ‘CD’ is encrypted in online application form; they just need to fill up the seven digits of the Roll no/Testing ID in the provided space.
(c) All fields marked* are mandatory without which the application form will not be saved and submitted. Discrepancies found at a later stage may lead to disqualification. It is advised that the candidates should fill in their details as has been filled up for the AIPGMEE 2016 since the merit shall be obtained from NBE the examination conducting authority.
(d) Candidates in Priority III, IV, and V will have to make a payment of 500/- ( including bank charges ) only, by a challan. This challan can be downloaded from your registered login id after filling, previewing and submitting your application form.
This challan will have to be submitted to any SBI Branch nearest to your location after 24 hours of generation of challan till the last date of payment. Once the bank confirms your payment within 24 – 48 hours, the status shall be reflected in your login id. Last date for submission of application is Jan 2016 ( 2359 h ) and payment in the bank is January, 2016 ( till working hours ). Application will be considered invalid without the payment of the registration fee.
(e) A copy of the printed application form should be kept safely with the candidate. There is no provision for applications to be forwarded by post or any other form and such application if any shall NOT be considered at all.
(f) Merit list of the candidates ( Priority wise ) who have successfully registered to the AFMS website and have secured minimum of 50% marks in AIPGMEE 2016 will be displayed on the website approx 30 days after declaration of the results by NBE. Only these candidates will be eligible for online counseling, the schedule of which shall be available on the website in due course of time.
(g) Online counseling of the candidates belonging to Priority III, IV & V shall be done only after the completion of counseling / allotment for Priority I and Priority II candidates.
(h) List of certificates to be submitted in original by selected candidate at the college on the day of admissions :-
- 06 ( Six ) Passport size photographs.
- Copy of the AIPGMEE 2016 Admit card along with roll number and a downloaded and printed copy of the AFMS application form.
- AIPGMEE 2016 rank letter / merit list as published by NBE.
- Admission letter received by the candidate by mail on acceptance of a seat during online counseling.
- Class X / SSLC / ICSE certificate as valid certificate of proof of age.
- Nationality Certificate / Xerox copy of valid passport / Domicile Certificate ( where applicable ) / Birth Certificate.
- First to Final year MBBS Mark Sheets of respective University.
- MBBS Pass Certificate / Degree Certificate.
- Internship completion certificate.
- Permanent / Provisional State Medical Council registration certificate.
- Attempt Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate / Migration certificate.
- Declaration by the candidate as per format placed at Appx ‘B’.
- Priority III candidates – Para Military Officers ( CRPF / BSF / ITBP ) / Government of India Org : Subject specific Sponsorship certificate issued by the respective para mil / Govt organization is mandatory. This has to be uploaded on the website prior to the counseling without which candidate shall not be allowed for online counseling. Original copy will be required to be deposited at the time of admission.
- Priority IV candidates – In case of Ex-AMC / SSC Officers, release order from Armed Forces Medical Services by DGAFMS / Medical Directorate concerned. The release order and movement order from last unit for proceeding on release will be required to be shown in original at the time of admission. SSC offrs in their last year of contractual service will have to upload their original release order from the Armed Forces Medical Services on the website prior to the counseling without which candidate will not be allowed for online counseling. SSC offrs still in service while appearing for the AIPGMEE 2016, must in addition have a copy of the permission letter from the O/o DGAFMS.
Applicants without the above documents will be summarily rejected.
Candidature of any candidate who is found to be willfully giving wrong information will be summarily rejected during any stage of the admission process by the Commandant of the Institution where a seat has been allotted finally. The decision of Commandant will be final.
AFMC PG 2016 Admission Procedure
AFMC PG Admission Procedure shall be as follows :-
(a) Admission to PG courses AFMS institution is provisional subject to confirmation / ratification by the Office of DGAFMS & University concerned. The selected candidates are required to submit additional documents / certificates as per specific requirement of the institute / university. Candidates should ascertain these details from the Dean Academics of the Institute.
(b) Decision of Commandant of the college regarding admission of candidates shall be final and binding.
(c) All candidates are advised to preserve their Admit Cards of the AIPGMEE 2016 examination and the AFMS Candidate ID issued till allotment of the seats and admission to the institution.
(d) Medical examination of civilian ( Priority V ) candidates – This is a mandatory requirement for all civilian ( Priority V ) candidates. The medical standards required for civilian candidates are those applicable for selection as commissioned officers in Armed Forces Medical Services. Admission to PG courses shall only be given to those civilian doctors who are found medically fit for commission by a designated Medical Board. The candidates who are found medically unfit by the Medical Board will not be admitted into the college even if he may have been allotted a subject during the online counseling and called to the AFMS institution for admission procedures. There is no provision of appeal/ review for any candidate who has been found to be medically unfit.
(e) Admission of all candidates will be in accordance with Government of India, Ministry of Defence letter No. PC.III/17436/DGAFMS/DG-1D/1819/13/(a)( Medical ) dated January, 2016. The above mentioned letter can be downloaded from the AFMS website.
AFMC PG 2016 Important Dates
- AFMS PG Online application registration : 2nd December ( 0000h ) to 8th December, 2015 ( 2359h )
- Last date for AFMS PG online submission of applications : January, 2016 ( 2359h )
- Last date for generation of challan : January, 2016 ( 2359h )
- Last date for deposit of Bank challan form at SBI : January, 2016 ( working hours )
- AFMS PG Merit List ( Priority wise III – V ) : One month following declaration of results by NBE
- AFMS PG Online counseling : March to May, 2016 ( Priority wise )
AFMC PG 2016 Counselling
AFMC PG Counseling for allocation of subjects will be held online :-
(a) Counseling will be held online, Priority wise as per merit cum choice.
(b) Candidates will log in to their registered ID’s and make their choice.
(c) Online counseling for Priority I will be followed by all other priorities in same order. All priorities will have three rounds of counseling. Final admission to the colleges shall be made on the basis of the acceptance of the subjects by the candidates. Vacancies remaining after filling of the seats by the service officers, foreign and sponsored candidates will ONLY be available for allotment to other categories. These seats will be filled in order of Priority and merit secured by the candidates.
(d) Detailed counseling procedure will be made available after the declaration of the results by NBE. All candidates are requested to watch the website for updates regularly.
(e) Eligibility of candidates will be the responsibility of the candidate themselves as per the criteria mentioned in the Information Bulletin. He / She should check his / her eligibility for Priority / Institution / Subject before participating in the counseling process.
(f) The candidates who have been issued the admission letter shall produce all the originals of certificates for verification as applicable. Candidates without documents in original at the time of admission will not be eligible for admission to the college even if he / she has got the necessary merit. However in case any candidate has deposited the original with any other institution, it is mandatory to produce a certificate from the Dean / Head of the institution where he is presently admitted certifying the same, and the candidate may be permitted to attend the admission process with attested photocopies of the certificates along with the deposit certificate as mentioned above. If the candidate has accepted a seat, then it will be mandatory for the candidate to submit all original documents within three (3) working days of the date of admission failing which allotment of seat shall stand cancelled.
Armed Forces Medical College,
Pune – 411 040.
Website : www.afmc.nic.in, www.afmcdg1d.gov.in
medical entrance exam - afmc -