AFMC Medical Standards 2016
|AFMC Pune 2016 Admission to MBBS Course for the session 2016 will be based on AIPMT 2016 Entrance Exam conducted by CBSE this year.|
|AIPMT 2016 Question Papers Book + Question Bank CD -|
AFMC 2016 Medical Standards
1. To be declared fit for admission, the candidate must be in good physical and mental health and free from any disability likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duty in the Armed Forces.
2. Medical Examination will be carried out by a Board of Officers at AFMC Pune, prior to admission to the College. Medical Board will categorize the candidates as Fit and Unfit, in accordance with the prescribed standards. Candidates declared Unfit are entitled to appeal on payment of a fee of 40/-. The procedure will be intimated to the concerned candidates by the President of the Medical Board.
3. Medical fitness for admission to MBBS Course at AFMC will be decided by the Medical Board as per Para 2 above. However, the following few important physical requirements are being indicated for guidance of the candidates. The candidates in their own interest may get themselves medically examined to avoid any disappointment later on :
(a) They should be free from serious deformity and mal – developments. There should be no scoliosis, spina bifida and other skeletal deformities apparent or on clinical examination.
(b) There should be no impediment of speech.
(c) There should be no sign of functional / organic disease of the heart and blood vessels.
(d) There should be no evidence of pulmonary tuberculosis or previous history of this disease or any other chronic disease of the lungs.
Note : X – ray chest will be taken for this purpose.
(e) There should be no evidence of any disease of the digestive system, including any abnormality of the liver and spleen. Ultra – sound exam of the abdomen will be done.
(f) There should be no inguinal hernia or tendency thereto, hydrocoele or definite varicocoele or any other disease or defect of the genital organs. Candidates who have been operated for hernia may be declared medically fit provided :
- One year has elapsed since operation. Documentary proof to this effect is to be provided by the candidates.
- General tone of the abdominal musculature is good.
- There has been no recurrence of the hernia or any complication concerned with the operation.
(g) There is no fistula or evidence of piles.
(h) There is no disease of the kidneys, including glycosuria or albuminuria.
(j) There is no disease of the skin.
(k) There is no active, latent or congenital STD or HIV.
(l) There is no history of epilepsy and any mental and psychiatric disorder.
(m) There is no squint or any other morbid condition of the eye and eyelids.
(n) There is no active trachoma or its complications.
(o) There are no enlarged glands ( Lymph nodes ) in the neck and other parts of the body.
(p) The height and weight requirements will depends upon the age, body build and racial characteristics as per standards laid down for Armed Forces.
- Girls Standards : In case of female candidates, minimum height of 144 cms and minimum weight of 36 Kgs is essential.
- Boys Standards : The male candidates with height below 157.5 cms ( 152.5 cms for Gorkhas, Nepalese, Assamese and Garhwali ) and weight below 47 kgs will not be accepted irrespective of age and other factors.
- Overweight and obese candidates as per Height / Age Weight standards for the Armed Forces will be declared unfit.
(q) There should be a minimum 5 cms range of chest expansion.
(r) Minimum of 14 dental points are essential and candidates should be free from severe pyorrhea and advanced caries.
(s) There should be no ear discharge and no perforation of the eardrum / nasal septum. There should also be no hard wax in the ear canal, obstructing the view of the ear drum.
Visual Standards :
|Ser No :||Visual Standards||Better eye||Worse eye|
|i.||Distant Vision ( Corrected )||6/6||6/18|
|ii.||Near Vision ( Corrected )||N5||N8|
|iii.||Myopia of not more than||-3.5 D in any one meridian|
|iv.||Hypermetropia of not more than||+ 3.5 D in any one meridian. Including astigmatism|
aa. Fundus and Media to be healthy and within normal limits.
ab. No undue degenerative signs of vitreous or chorio – retinitis to be present, suggesting progressive myopia.
ac. Minimum colour vision standard should be CP – 3 ( Defective Safe ).
ad. Should have good binocular vision, fusion faculty and full field of vision in both eyes.
ae. There should be no organic disease likely to exacerbations or deterioration.
af. Candidates who have undergone lasik surgery will be governed as per provisions of DGAFMS / departmental instructions from time to time. Lasik / PRK for correction of vision is permitted only for candidates of age 20 years and above and even among them a period of 06 months should have elapsed after the procedure.
Hearing Standard : Hearing will be tested by speech test, if required audiometric records will also be taken.
(i) Speech Test : The candidate should be able to hear a forced whisper with each ear separately, standing with his / her back to the examiner at a distance of 20 feet in a reasonably quiet room. The examiner should whisper with the residual air, that is to say, at the end of an ordinary expiration.
(ii) Audiometric record : The candidates should have no loss of hearing in either ear at frequencies of 128 to 4.096 cycles per second ( Audiometry reading between plus 10 and minus 10 ).
4. The Medical Board will be guided by departmental instructions issued from time to time. The above guidelines are for the information of candidates only.
AFMC 2016 Navigation : AFMC PG Medical Entrance Exam 2016, AFMC 2016 Result , AFMC 2016 Exam Centres , AFMC 2016 Selection Procedure , AFMC 2016 Application Form , AFMC 2016 Medical Standards , AFMC 2016 Eligibility , AFMC 2016 Entrance Exam, AFMC Medical Preparation Question Bank CD
AFMC Related : AFMC 2016 Medical Standards, Medical Standards for AFMC Exam 2016, Armed Forces Medical College Pune 2016 MBBS Medical Standard, AFMC Medical Standards 2016, AIPMT Entrance Exam 2016, AFMC 2016 MBBS, AFMC 2016 MBBS Exam, AFMC 2016 Entrance Test, AFMC Admission based on AIPMT 2016, AFMC 2016 Medical Entrance Exam, AFMC 2016 Exam, AFMC 2016 Entrance Exam, AFMC 2016 Exams, AFMC 2016 Entrance Test Papers, AFMC 2016 Entrance Examination, AFMC MBBS 2016, AFMC 2016 Exam India, AFMC 2016 Medical College Pune ,
AFMC 2016 Medical Standards – AFMC 2016 Visual Standards – AFMC 2016 Hearing Standard – AFMC 2016 Speech Test Details
Posted In medical entrance exam : afmc : Leave a response for afmc medical standards 2016 by nirmala