1. AFMC PG 2016 Admission will be Based on AIPGMEE 2016 this time. Candidates who appear in AIPGMEE 2016 should also apply to AFMC through Online Form.
For More Details Please Visit AIPGMEE 2016 Entrance Exam
AFMC PG 2016 Entrance Exam
Armed Forces Medical College,
Wanowrie, Pune – 411 040,
Phone No. : 020 – 26333572,
Website : www.afmc.nic.in,www.afmcdg1d.gov.in.
Admission to Post Graduate seats of Armed Forces Medical Services will be based on All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination ( AIPGMEE – 2016 ). Candidates appearing for the AIPGMEE 2016 and wishing to join the Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions will also have to mandatory apply online to the AFMS on the website www.afmcdg1d.gov.in.
AIPGMEE 2016 Exam Date
|AIPGMEE 2016 Medical Exam Date : 02nd December, 2015 to to 08th December, 2015|
AFMC PG 2016 Eligibility
The following eligibility criteria shall be applicable :-
- Admission to the postgraduate medical courses at AFMS institutions, subject to the priorities laid down in the prospectus is open to graduates of medical colleges recognized by Medical Council of India and who have registered themselves as Registered Medical Practitioners with any State Medical Council recognized by MCI. Students who have completed / are completing internship by 31st March, 2015 are eligible to apply however the Provisional registration certificate / Permanent Registration certificate should be available at the time of admission.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Foreign students sponsored by the Government and approved by the DGAFMS should have passed their MBBS / equivalent examination.
- Maximum permissible age for Priority – V ( civilian candidates ) will be 35 years as on April, 2016.
- A candidate shall not be eligible if he / she has cancelled or failed to report for admission in the past which has resulted in lapse of a seat.
- A candidate who is already pursuing any PG course shall not be eligible for admission to PG course in 2016.
- The number of candidates to be admitted in any discipline during the academic session 2016 – 2019 will be determined by the number of post graduate teachers available, the student – teacher ratio and any other criteria laid down by the Medical Council of India and affiliated University from time to time. However, the exact number of available seats in each priority will be displayed on the website before the start of counseling for that particular Priority.
- All candidates, irrespective of Priority, once admitted to a particular degree course on conclusion of counseling process of that priority will not be permitted to change over to another subject.
AFMC 2016 Age Criteria : Maximum permissible age for civilian candidates ( Priority V Candidates ) shall be 35 years as on April, 2016.
AFMC PG 2016 Seats
Available Subjects for PG Seats in AFMS Institutions :
|A. Post Graduate Courses :|
|I. Faculties of Arts and Social Sciences :|
|Subject Code||Name of the Subjec|
|11||Ancient Indian History Culture and Archaeology ( AIHCA )|
|13||Master of Communication and Journalism ( M.C.J. )|
|14||Bachelor of Library and Information Science ( B.L.I.Sc. ) / M.L.I.Sc. ( 2 yrs. Integrated )|
|23||Master of Library and Information Science ( M.L.I.Sc )|
|24||Master of Social Work ( M.S.W )|
|II. Faculties of Commerce :|
|III. Faculties of Education :|
|IV. Faculties of Science :|
|66||Geo - informatics|
|71||Biochemistry / Biotechnology Environmental Science / Forensic Science / Genetics / Microbiology / Nutrition & Dietetics ( BCBTESFSGMN&D )|
|B. PG Diploma Courses :|
|81||Digital Information Management|
|84||Functional Hindi and Translation|
|87||Archival Science and Manuscriptology|
|90||Advanced PG Diploma in Biostatistics|
|C. 5 Years. Integrated Programs :|
|95||Chemistry & Pharmaceutical Chemistry ( 5 yrs )|
|96||Economics ( 5 yrs )|
|97||M.B.A ( 5 yrs )|
AFMC PG 2016 Method of Selection
The following method shall be adopted :-
a) AFMC PG Entrance Examination : All candidates desirous of joining the AFMS institute will have to mandatorily appear in the AIPGMEE 2016 entrance examination prior to filling up of the online form of the AFMS institutions. The roll number / Testing id ( CD followed by 07 digits ) of the AIPGMEE 2016 is an essential and mandatory requirement for further filling up of the online form.
(b) Merit List : A Merit list will be prepared as per the result / rank received from NBE as per the roll number provided by the candidate, priority wise. Names of candidates who have qualified in and their order of merit for the AIPGMEE 2016 examination will be displayed on the website of the DGAFMS and also will be intimated in their login id. Candidates are advised to follow the notice board on the website regularly for updates.
Note : Merit of candidates who have NOT provided correct Testing ID / Roll numbers will NOT be declared and no correspondence in this regard shall be entertained from any candidate at any point of time. There is NO provision of correction of the roll numbers once it is entered into the application form and the application is submitted.
AFMC PG 2016 Application Form
Methodology for Applying :
The following methodology will be adopted by candidates :-
(a) All candidates seeking admission to any of the institutions of the AFMS will have to mandatorily appear in the AIPGMEE 2016. They will have to register and apply online on the website www.afmcdg1d.gov.in and also submit the completed application to be considered for admission to any of the AFMS teaching institutions.
(b) The candidates will have to mandatorily fill the AIPGMEE 2016 Roll no / Testing ID already available with him / her without which the application form will be deemed as incomplete. In case of AIPGMEE 2016 the Roll no / Testing ID starts with alphabet ‘CD’ followed by 07 digits. e.g.CD1234567. For the convenience of the candidates, ‘CD’ is encrypted in online application form; they just need to fill up the seven digits of the Roll no/Testing ID in the provided space.
(c) All fields marked* are mandatory without which the application form will not be saved and submitted. Discrepancies found at a later stage may lead to disqualification. It is advised that the candidates should fill in their details as has been filled up for the AIPGMEE 2016 since the merit shall be obtained from NBE the examination conducting authority.
(d) Candidates in Priority III, IV, and V will have to make a payment of 500/- ( including bank charges ) only, by a challan. This challan can be downloaded from your registered login id after filling, previewing and submitting your application form.
This challan will have to be submitted to any SBI Branch nearest to your location after 24 hours of generation of challan till the last date of payment. Once the bank confirms your payment within 24 – 48 hours, the status shall be reflected in your login id. Last date for submission of application is Jan 2016 ( 2359 h ) and payment in the bank is January, 2016 ( till working hours ). Application will be considered invalid without the payment of the registration fee.
(e) A copy of the printed application form should be kept safely with the candidate. There is no provision for applications to be forwarded by post or any other form and such application if any shall NOT be considered at all.
(f) Merit list of the candidates ( Priority wise ) who have successfully registered to the AFMS website and have secured minimum of 50% marks in AIPGMEE 2016 will be displayed on the website approx 30 days after declaration of the results by NBE. Only these candidates will be eligible for online counseling, the schedule of which shall be available on the website in due course of time.
(g) Online counseling of the candidates belonging to Priority III, IV & V shall be done only after the completion of counseling / allotment for Priority I and Priority II candidates.
(h) List of certificates to be submitted in original by selected candidate at the college on the day of admissions :-
- 06 ( Six ) Passport size photographs.
- Copy of the AIPGMEE 2016 Admit card along with roll number and a downloaded and printed copy of the AFMS application form.
- AIPGMEE 2016 rank letter / merit list as published by NBE.
- Admission letter received by the candidate by mail on acceptance of a seat during online counseling.
- Class X / SSLC / ICSE certificate as valid certificate of proof of age.
- Nationality Certificate / Xerox copy of valid passport / Domicile Certificate ( where applicable ) / Birth Certificate.
- First to Final year MBBS Mark Sheets of respective University.
- MBBS Pass Certificate / Degree Certificate.
- Internship completion certificate.
- Permanent / Provisional State Medical Council registration certificate.
- Attempt Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate / Migration certificate.
- Declaration by the candidate as per format placed at Appx ‘B’.
- Priority III candidates – Para Military Officers ( CRPF / BSF / ITBP ) / Government of India Org : Subject specific Sponsorship certificate issued by the respective para mil / Govt organization is mandatory. This has to be uploaded on the website prior to the counseling without which candidate shall not be allowed for online counseling. Original copy will be required to be deposited at the time of admission.
- Priority IV candidates – In case of Ex-AMC / SSC Officers, release order from Armed Forces Medical Services by DGAFMS / Medical Directorate concerned. The release order and movement order from last unit for proceeding on release will be required to be shown in original at the time of admission. SSC offrs in their last year of contractual service will have to upload their original release order from the Armed Forces Medical Services on the website prior to the counseling without which candidate will not be allowed for online counseling. SSC offrs still in service while appearing for the AIPGMEE 2016, must in addition have a copy of the permission letter from the O/o DGAFMS.
Applicants without the above documents will be summarily rejected.
Candidature of any candidate who is found to be willfully giving wrong information will be summarily rejected during any stage of the admission process by the Commandant of the Institution where a seat has been allotted finally. The decision of Commandant will be final.
AFMC PG 2016 Admission Procedure
AFMC PG Admission Procedure shall be as follows :-
(a) Admission to PG courses AFMS institution is provisional subject to confirmation / ratification by the Office of DGAFMS & University concerned. The selected candidates are required to submit additional documents / certificates as per specific requirement of the institute / university. Candidates should ascertain these details from the Dean Academics of the Institute.
(b) Decision of Commandant of the college regarding admission of candidates shall be final and binding.
(c) All candidates are advised to preserve their Admit Cards of the AIPGMEE 2016 examination and the AFMS Candidate ID issued till allotment of the seats and admission to the institution.
(d) Medical examination of civilian ( Priority V ) candidates – This is a mandatory requirement for all civilian ( Priority V ) candidates. The medical standards required for civilian candidates are those applicable for selection as commissioned officers in Armed Forces Medical Services. Admission to PG courses shall only be given to those civilian doctors who are found medically fit for commission by a designated Medical Board. The candidates who are found medically unfit by the Medical Board will not be admitted into the college even if he may have been allotted a subject during the online counseling and called to the AFMS institution for admission procedures. There is no provision of appeal/ review for any candidate who has been found to be medically unfit.
(e) Admission of all candidates will be in accordance with Government of India, Ministry of Defence letter No. PC.III/17436/DGAFMS/DG-1D/1819/13/(a)( Medical ) dated January, 2016. The above mentioned letter can be downloaded from the AFMS website.
AFMC PG 2016 Important Dates
- AFMS PG Online application registration : 2nd December ( 0000h ) to 8th December, 2015 ( 2359h )
- Last date for AFMS PG online submission of applications : January, 2016 ( 2359h )
- Last date for generation of challan : January, 2016 ( 2359h )
- Last date for deposit of Bank challan form at SBI : January, 2016 ( working hours )
- AFMS PG Merit List ( Priority wise III – V ) : One month following declaration of results by NBE
- AFMS PG Online counseling : March to May, 2016 ( Priority wise )
AFMC PG 2016 Counselling
AFMC PG Counseling for allocation of subjects will be held online :-
(a) Counseling will be held online, Priority wise as per merit cum choice.
(b) Candidates will log in to their registered ID’s and make their choice.
(c) Online counseling for Priority I will be followed by all other priorities in same order. All priorities will have three rounds of counseling. Final admission to the colleges shall be made on the basis of the acceptance of the subjects by the candidates. Vacancies remaining after filling of the seats by the service officers, foreign and sponsored candidates will ONLY be available for allotment to other categories. These seats will be filled in order of Priority and merit secured by the candidates.
(d) Detailed counseling procedure will be made available after the declaration of the results by NBE. All candidates are requested to watch the website for updates regularly.
(e) Eligibility of candidates will be the responsibility of the candidate themselves as per the criteria mentioned in the Information Bulletin. He / She should check his / her eligibility for Priority / Institution / Subject before participating in the counseling process.
(f) The candidates who have been issued the admission letter shall produce all the originals of certificates for verification as applicable. Candidates without documents in original at the time of admission will not be eligible for admission to the college even if he / she has got the necessary merit. However in case any candidate has deposited the original with any other institution, it is mandatory to produce a certificate from the Dean / Head of the institution where he is presently admitted certifying the same, and the candidate may be permitted to attend the admission process with attested photocopies of the certificates along with the deposit certificate as mentioned above. If the candidate has accepted a seat, then it will be mandatory for the candidate to submit all original documents within three (3) working days of the date of admission failing which allotment of seat shall stand cancelled.