All India Institute of Medical Sciences – AIIMS Entrance Exam 2016
|Home Page||Application From||Seats||Exam Centre||Selection Procedure||Results||Counselling|
AIIMS Entrance Exam 2016
AIIMS invites application for admission to M.Sc. / M.Biotech / B.Sc Courses for the academic session 2016.
AIIMS Courses :
- M.Sc. Nursing
- Bachelor of Optometry
- B.Sc.( Hons. ) Medical Technology in Radiography
- B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Nursing
- B.Sc. Nursing ( Post basic ) Courses
AIIMS Eligibility 2016
1. M.Sc. / M.Biotechnology :
The candidate must posses one of the following qualifications and have secured at least 60% marks for General / OBC candidates ( 55% marks in case of SC / ST candidates ) in aggregate in the qualifying examination :
- MBBS / BDS ( 55% for Gen / OBC & 50% for SC / ST Categories )
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy ( 4½ year course )
- B.Sc. degree of minimum three years duration in any subject.
( Candidates having degree other than above are not eligible )
Note : The admission requirements for M.Sc. Anatomy, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Physiology, Pharmacology and M.Biotechnology is the same as mentioned above, but the requirements for (i) Perfusion Technology (ii) Nuclear Medicine Technology, will be as mentioned below :
(i) Perfusion Technology – B.Sc. with Biology ( Botany & or Zoology ) or B.Sc. in Perfusion Technology from a recognised University.
(ii) Reproductive Biology and Clinical Embryology – B.Sc degree in any of the discipline related to Biology or allied to Biology.
(iii) Nuclear Medicine Technology – B.Sc. degree courses in Nuclear Medicine from a recognised University.
B.Sc. degree with Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics from a recognised University. ( or )
B.Sc. in allied / related subject i.e. Radio Diagnosis / Radiotherapy from a recognised University. ( or )
B.Sc. in Life Sciences with Physics as a subject from recognised University.
2. M.Biotechnology :
Admission requirements are same like other M.Sc. Courses along with B.Tech ( Biotechnology ) which is also covered under eligibility criteria.
3. M.Sc. Nursing :
(i) B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Nursing / B.Sc. Nursing ( Post – Certificate ) / Post – Basic / B Sc. Nursing ( 4 years ) course from any recognised University, from an educational institution Recognised by the Indian Nursing Council, with 60% marks for Gen / OBC candidates ( 55% marks in case of SC / ST candidates ).
(ii) Registration as Nurse, RN, RM (Registered Nurse, Registered Midwife) with any State Nursing Council.
Note 1 : For Indian Nationals, 3% reservation for orthopaedic physically handicapped shall be provided on horizontal basis, in the seat available in M.Sc. Nursing courses. Eligibility criterion for candidates under this category are yet to be finalized by Nursing Council of India as amended from time – to – time.
Note 2 :
For M.Sc / M.Biotechnology and M.Sc. Nursing Courses :- Candidates who are due to appear at the qualifying examination, or have already appeared and are awaiting result, can also apply for admission. But such candidate must furnish :
- Proof of passing the qualifying examination with requisite percentage of marks and subjects within 5 ( five ) days from the date of declaration of results of Entrance Examination failing which their performance at the Entrance Examination will not be considered.
- All M.Sc. Nursing Candidate can submit certificate of Registration as a Nurse and Midwife from the Indian Nursing Council / State Nursing Council at the time of joining if they are selected.
- All selected candidates for M.Sc. Nursing courses are required to furnish the proof of recognition of their college at the time of verification of their documents.
4 & 5. For B.Sc. ( Hons ) Nursing, Bachelor in Optometry & B.Sc. (H) Medical Technology in Radiography Courses :
A candidate is eligible to appear in Entrance Examination if he / she :
(i) Is an Indian citizen
(ii) Has attained or will attain the age of 17 (seventeen) years as on the 31st of December of the year of admission.
(iii) Has passed the 12th class under the 10+2 scheme/Senior School Certificate Examination or Intermediate Science or an equivalent examination from a recognised University / Board of any Indian State with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Candidates for B.Sc. ( Hons ) Nursing, Bachelor in Optometry & B.Sc. (H) Medical Technology in Radiography Courses should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and either Biology or Mathematics.
Note 1 :
1. For B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Nursing course, only female candidates are eligible. ( Common to AIIMS New Delhi & Six AIIMS like Institutions )
Note 2 :
- Candidates who are to appear in 12th class examination under 10+2 system or an equivalent examination in March / April 2016 and whose results are likely to be declared before 30th June, 2016 are also eligible to apply for B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Nursing Bachelor of Optometry and B.Sc.( Hons. ) Medical Technology in Radiography Courses.
- Candidates who are due to appear at the qualifying examination, or have already appeared and are awaiting result, can also apply for admission. But such candidates must furnish proof of passing the qualifying examination with requisite percentage of marks and subjects within 5 ( five ) working days from the date of declaration of results of Entrance Examination failing which their candidature will be cancelled.
(iv) Has a minimum aggregate marks required in qualifying examination i.e. 10+2 or equivalent :
For B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Nursing : 55% for Gen / OBC ( 50% in case of SCs / STs categories ) in aggregate in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
For Bachelor of Optometry / B.Sc. (Hons.) Medical Technology in Radiography Courses : 50% for Gen / OBC ( 45% in case of SCs / STs Categories ) in aggregate in English, Physics, Chemistry and either Biology OR Mathematics.
6. For B.Sc. Nursing ( Post – Basic )
The candidate must have :
- Passed 12th class under 10+2 system of education or an equivalent examination from a recognised Board / University. ( Those who have passed 10+1 on or before 1986 are also eligible. )
- Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery from any institution recognized by the Indian Nursing Council.
- Registration as nurse, RN, RM ( registered nurse, registered midwife ) with any State Nursing Council.
- In case of male nurses, ( if passed before implementation of new integrated course in 2003 ), beside being registered as a nurse with the State Nursing Council, should have obtained a certificate in General Nursing and instead of Training in Midwifery, training in any subject out of following, for a period of six months: i) O.T. Techniques, ii) Ophthalmic Nursing, iii) Leprosy Nursing, iv) TB Nursing, v) Psychiatric Nursing, vi) Neurological and Neuro Surgical Nursing, vii) Community Health Nursing, viii) Cancer Nursing, ix) Orthopaedic Nursing.
AIIMS Nursing 2016 Exam Pattern
The scheme of AIIMS Entrance Examination for each course is as under :
i) B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Nursing ( Common to all AIIMS )
One paper of 2 hours duration and consisting of four parts containing objective type ( Multiple Choice ) Questions, with distribution of marks as under :
ii) Bachelor of Optometry / B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Medical Technology in Radiography courses
- One paper of 1½ hours duration and consisting of objective type ( Multiple Choice ) questions in four parts of 30 questions each in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics. The candidate may either attempt biology part or Mathematics part.
- Based on the result of the Entrance Examination, separate merit lists will be prepared for the General, OBC, Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe categories.
The allocation of disciplines will be on merit basis & by counseling. In each category the number of candidates called for counseling will be 8 times the number of seats. The order of counseling will be General / ST / SC / OBC. The counseling will be done strictly by combined merit list starting from Rank No.1. The candidates in order of merit will exercise their choice of subject according to availability of seats. In case of absentee, the next candidate in merit will be considered. When a reserved category candidate ( who is in combined merit list ) is called according to combined merit list, he / she will simultaneously be given an option to exercise his / her choice of subject both in unreserved category and his / her concerned reserved category.
If such a candidate opts for the subject which is available at that time of his / her counseling, both in unreserved category and reserved category, he / she will be given seats only from unreserved category as he / she is in merit and will be treated as unreserved candidate and will consume an unreserved seat. He/she will be given the reserved seats only when his / her choice of the subject is available in the reserved category only, not in unreserved category and then will consume a reserved seat. When all the seats of unreserved category are finished then only reserved category counseling will be done. Counseling will be held as per schedule given under ‘At a Glance’ on the inner side of the front cover of this Prospectus.
AIIMS 2016 Navigation : All India Institute of Medical Sciences - AIIMS Entrance Exam 2016, All India Institute of Medical Science - AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam 2016, AIIMS 2016 Selection Procedure, AIIMS 2016 Exam Centres, AIIMS 2016 Seats, AIIMS 2016 Counselling, AIIMS 2016 Results, AIIMS Application Form 2016, AIIMS 2016 Entrance Exam, AIIMS Medical Entrance Preparation Question Bank CD
AIIMS Related : AIIMS MSc Entrance Exam, AIIMS MBiotech Exam Date, AIIMS MBiotech Exam Schedule, All India Institute of Medical Sciences – AIIMS Entrance Exam 2016, AIIMS BSc Nursing Exam Date, AIIMS Notification, AIIMS Eligibility, AIIMS BSc Nursing Qualifications, AIIMS MSc Age Limit, AIIMS Exam Pattern, AIIMS MBiotech Exam Scheme, All India Institutes of Medical Sciences Entrance Exam , AIIMS MBiotech Medical Entrance Exam, AIIMS MBiotech Test Date, When AIIMS Delhi MSc Examination, AIIMS BSc Nursing Courses , AIIMS MSc Eligibility Marks, AIIMS Qualifying Criteria, AIIMS Negative Markings, AIIMS BSc Nursing Questions Pattern, AIIMS MBiotech Medical Exam Conducting Date, AIIMS MBiotech Exam Timings, AIIMS BSc Nursing Exam Duration, AIIMS MBiotech Eligibility Conditions, AIIMS Medical Exam Pattern, AIIMS MSc Total Questions, All India Institutes of Medical Sciences Delhi Brochure ,
Home Page Application From Seats Exam Centre Selection Procedure Results Counselling AIIMS Entrance Exam 2016 AIIMS invites application for admission to M.Sc. / M.Biotech / B.Sc Courses for the academic session 2016. AIIMS Courses : M.Sc. M.Biotechnology … Continue reading
Posted In medical entrance exam : aiims : Leave a response for all india institute of medical sciences – aiims entrance exam 2016 by nirmala