AIIMS 2018 Entrance Exam
All India Institute Of Medical Sciences ( AIIMS ) invites application for admission to B.Sc Courses for the academic session 2018 – 2019.
AIIMS 2018 Courses
- Bachelor of Optometry
- B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Medical Technology in Radiography
- B.Sc. Nursing ( Post-Basic )
- B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Nursing ( Applicable to all seven AIIMS )
Duration the Course :
|B.SC. Courses For AIIMS Delhi|
|1||Bachelor of Optometry||( 3+1 ) 4 years|
|2||B.Sc. ( H ) Medical Technology in Radiography||3 years|
|3||B. Sc. in Dental Operating Room Assistant||3 + 1/2 ( Years )|
|4||B.Sc. in Dental Hygiene||3 + 1/2 ( Years )|
|5||B.Sc. in Operation Theatre Technology||3 + 1/2 ( Years )|
|B. Sc. courses For AIIMS Bhubneswar|
|6||Medical Laboratory Technology ( MLT )||3 ( Years )|
|7||Operation Theatre & Anaesthesiology ( OTAT )||3 ( Years )|
|8||Medical Technology & Imaging Thetrapy ( MTIT )||3 ( Years )|
|9||B.Sc. ( H ) Nursing ( For 7 AIIMS )||4 ( years )|
|10||B.Sc ( Post-Basic )||2 ( years )|
AIIMS 2018 Eligibility
B.Sc. ( Hons ) Nursing, Bachelor in Optometry & B.Sc. ( H ) Medical Technology in Radiography Courses :
A candidate is eligible to appear in Entrance Examination if he / she:
- Is an Indian citizen
- Has attained or will attain the age of 17 ( seventeen ) years as on the 31st of December of the year of admission ( 2018 ) . [ Candidate born or after 2nd January, 2001 are NOT eligible to apply.]
- Has passed the 12th class under the 10+2 scheme / Senior School Certificate Examination or Intermediate Science or an equivalent examination from a recognised University / Board of any Indian State with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Candidates for Bachelor of Optometry & B.Sc ( H ) Medical Technology in Radiography courses should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examinationwith English, Physics, Chemistry and either Biology or Mathematics.
Note : 1. For B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Nursing course, only female candidates are eligible. ( Common to AIIMS New Delhi & Six AIIMS like Institutions )
Note : 2. Candidates who are to appear in 12th class examination under 10+2 system or an equivalent examination in March / April 2018 and whose results are likely to be declared before June, 2018 are also eligible to apply for B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Nursing, Bachelor of Optometry and B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Medical Technology in Radiography Courses.
- Candidates who are due to appear at the qualifying examination, or have already appeared and are awaiting result, can also apply for admission. But such candidates must furnish proof of passing the qualifying examination with requisite percentage of marks and subjects at the time of counselling failing which their candidature will be cancelled.
Has a minimum aggregate marks required in qualifying examination i.e. 10+2 or equivalent: For B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Nursing: 55% for Gen / OBC ( 50% in case of SCs / STs categories ) in aggregate in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
For Bachelor of Optometry / B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Medical Technology in Radiography Courses : 50% for Gen / OBC ( 45% in case of SCs / STs Categories ) in aggregate in English, Physics, Chemistry and either Biology OR Mathematics.
B.Sc. Nursing ( Post-Basic ) :
The candidate must have :
- Passed 12th class under 10+2 system of education or an equivalent examination from a recognised Board / University. ( Those who have passed 10+1 on or before 1986 are also eligible. )
- Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery from any institution recognized by the Indian Nursing Council.
- Registration as nurse, RN, RM ( registered nurse, registered midwife ) with any State Nursing Council.
- In case of male nurses, ( if passed before implementation of new integrated course in 2003 ) , beside being registered as a nurse with the State Nursing Council, should have obtained a certificate in General Nursing and instead of Training in Midwifery, training in any subject out of following, for a period of six months: i ) O.T. Techniques, ii ) Ophthalmic Nursing, iii ) Leprosy Nursing, iv ) TB Nursing, v ) Psychiatric Nursing, vi ) Neurological and Neuro Surgical Nursing, vii ) Community Health Nursing, viii ) Cancer Nursing, ix ) Orthopaedic Nursing.
AIIMS 2018 Seats
The following seats are for AIIMS New Delhi only.
|Name of Discipline||Total Seats||UR||SC||ST||OBC||Foreign National|
|B. Sc courses for AIIMS Delhi|
|Bachelor of Optometry ( Delhi AIIMS )||19||09||03||02||05||01|
|B.Sc. ( H ) Medical Technology in Radiography ( Delhi AIIMS )||09||05||01||01||02||01|
|B.Sc. in Dental Operating Room Assistant ( Delhi AIIMS )||08||04||01||01||02||00|
|B.Sc. in Dental Hygine ( Delhi AIIMS )||04||02||01||00||01||00|
|B.Sc. in Operation Theatre Technology ( Delhi )||20||13||00||02||05||00|
|B.Sc. Courses For AIIMS BHUBANESWAR|
|Medical Laboratory Technology ( MLT )||10||05||01||01||03||00|
|Operation Theatre & Anaesthesiology ( OTAT )||10||05||01||01||03||00|
|Medical Technology & Imaging Thetrapy ( MTIT )||10||05||01||01||03||00|
( * ) : The seat distribution for 10 seats ( non-tranferable for open admission ) for candidatesin-regular service at AIIMS, New Delhi will be SC – 2, ST – 1, OBC – 2 & UR – 5.
AIIMS Nursing 2018 Seats Reservation
A. AIIMS, NEW DELHI :
Reservation of seats at AIIMS, New Delhi is as follows :
Other Backward Class: 27%
Scheduled Caste: 15%
Scheduled Tribe: 7.5%
- If requisite number of suitable candidates is not available to fill up the seats reserved for the Scheduled Castes, the same will be filled by candidates belonging to the Scheduled Tribes and vice-versa
- In case suitable candidates are also not available in the OBC reserved category, the same will be filled up by the candidates from the general category
- For Indian Nationals, 3% reservation for Orthopaedic physically handicapped shall be provided on horizontal basis, in the seats advertised.
Six other AIIMS :
From August 2013, Six New AIIMS like Institutions ( viz: Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Patna, Raipur and Rishikesh ) started with an intake of 60 students each for B.Sc. ( Hons ) Nursing course. The reservation policy followed will be
- Other Backward Class: 27%
- Scheduled Caste: 15%
- Scheduled Tribe: 7.5%
For Indian Nationals, 3% reservation for Orthopaedic physically handicapped shall be provided on horizontal basis, in the seats advertised.
Details of Seats in AIIMS Rishikesh :
|2||Medical Technology in Radiography||10|
|5||Operation Theatre Technology||10|
|10||Sleep Lab Technician||05|
AIIMS Nursing 2018 Exam Pattern
The scheme of AIIMS Entrance Examination for each course is as under :
B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Nursing ( Common to all AIIMS ) :
One paper of 2 hours duration and consisting of four parts containing objective type ( Multiple Choice ) Questions, with distribution of marks as under :
Bachelor of Optometry / B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Medical Technology in Radiography courses :
- One paper of 11⁄2 hours duration and consisting of objective type ( Multiple Choice ) questions in four parts of 30 questions each in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics. The candidate may either attempt biology part or Mathematics part.
- Based on the result of the Entrance Examination, separate merit lists will be prepared for the General, OBC, Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe categories.
The allocation of disciplines will be on merit basis & by counseling. In each category the number of candidates called for counseling will be 8 times the number of seats. The order of counseling will be General / ST / SC / OBC. The counseling will be done strictly by combined merit list starting from Rank No.1. The candidates in order of merit will exercise their choice of subject according to availability of seats. In case of absentee, the next candidate in merit will be considered. When a reserved category candidate ( who is in combined merit list ) is called according to combined merit list, he / she will simultaneously be given an option to exercise his / her choice of subject both in unreserved category and his / her concerned reserved category.
If such a candidate opts for the subject which is available at that time of his / her counseling, both in unreserved category and reserved category, he / she will be given seats only from unreserved category as he / she is in merit and will be treated as unreserved candidate and will consume an unreserved seat. He / she will be given the reserved seats only when his / her choice of the subject is available in the reserved category only, not in unreserved category and then will consume a reserved seat. When all the seats of unreserved category are finished then only reserved category counseling will be done. Counseling will be held as per schedule given under ‘At a Glance’ on the inner side of the front cover of this Prospectus.
AIIMS Application Form 2018
- All India Institute of Medical Science 2018 Online Registration will be available in the university website www.aiimsexams.org
- A candidate seeking admission to the Entrance Examination is required to fill up online application as specified in the Prospectus available at the university website www.aiimsexams.org
- The fee for AIIMS Online Registration includes the fee for Entrance Examination is non – refundable and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- The candidate is required to go through the Prospectus carefully and acquaint himself / herself with all requirements with regard to filling of AIIMS MBBS online application form.
AIIMS 2018 Online Application Form
Number of applications allowed :
Under Graduate Courses :
Only one application is required to be submitted for admission to Undergraduate Courses, which will be considered for admission to all the two Undergraduate Courses viz. Bachelor of Optometry and B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Medical Technology in Radiography.
In addition to the above documents, applicants for B.Sc. Nursing ( Post-Basic ) course must submit the following documents in original, along with an attested copy of each document, at the time of personal assessment: – Certificate of Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery. In case of male nurse, ( if passed before implementation of new integrated course in 2003 ) beside being registered as nurse with State Nursing Council, should have obtained a certificate in General Nursing and instead of training in Midwifery, training in any subject out of the following for a period of 6 months: ( a ) Operation Theatre Techniques b ) Ophthalmic Nursing c ) Leprosy Nursing d ) TB Nursing e ) Psychiatric Nursing f ) Neurological and Neuro Surgical Nursing g ) Community Health Nursing h ) Cancer Nursing i ) Orthopaedic Nursing alongwith marksheets. – Certificate of Registration as a Nurse and Midwife from the Indian Nursing Council / State Nursing Council. – All Candidates who are in merit list are required to submit Certificate of physical fitness from Registered Medical Practitioner. – ‘No Objection Certificate’ if the candidate is already employed with Central / State Government / Public Undertaking.
- In respect of candidates belonging to a Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe or a OBC community, an attested copy of a certificate ( on the prescribed form appended in the Prospectus ) from any of the following authorities :
- District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate / Collector / Deputy Commissioner / Additional Deputy Commissioner / Deputy Collector / Ist Class Stipendiary Magistrate / City Magistrate / Sub Divisional Magistrate / Taluka Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Commissioner.
- Chief Presidency Magistrate / Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate / Presidency Magistrate.
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- Sub-Divisional Officer of the Area where the candidate and / or his / her family normally resides.
- Administrator / Secretary to Administrator / Development Officer ( Lakshadweep Island ) .
AIIMS 2018 For Filling The Online Registration Form
Candidate should fill in the online Registration Form taking utmost care and following the instruction and help manual as given in the APPENDIX – II of the Prospectus, step by step. Candidates should fill in the Online Registration form correctly. Incorrect filled form may lead to rejection.
Online Registration & Submission if Registration Form :
A candidate seeking admission to the Entrance Examination is required to submit his / her application in the prescribed format available online with the Prospectus on www.aiimsexams.org The cost of Registration Form includes the fee for entrance examination which is non-refundable and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained. The candidate is required to go through the prospectus carefully and acquaint himself / herself with all requirements with regard to filling in of the online Registration form.
Online Registration : After selecting the online registration, fill mandatory fields asked for deposit the prescribed fees through Debit / Credit Card / Net Banking. Follow the Instruction scrupulously. It will be the responsibility of the candidates to ensure that correct details are filled in the Registration Form. The Institute will not be responsible for any incorrect information / cancellation of candidature / lack of communication etc. due to wrongly filled Registration Form.
AIIMS 2018 Exam Centres
B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Nursing ( Common to all AIIMS ) & Bachelor of Optometry / B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Medical Technology in Radiography Courses :
- The seats will be filled strictly on merit on the basis of the marks secured by the candidates at the Entrance Examination conducted by the Institute.
- The Entrance Examination will be conducted in English & Hindi language.
- Entrance Examination for B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Nursing for all AIIMS will be conducted in the following cities :
The Entrance Examination for Bachelor in Optometry / B.Sc. ( H ) Medical Technology in Radiography Courses will be conducted in Delhi only.
AIIMS 2018 Selection Procedure
Admission will be made entirely on the basis of performance of candidates at the Entrance Examination to be conducted in Delhi / NCR. It is hereby informed that if any applicant provided false information solely for the purpose of appearing in the examination for practice or other purpose, the applicant will be debarred from AIIMS Examination in future. Further, all selected candidates may be verified with previous data. Therefore, all applicants are required to fill the application accurately.
B.Sc. Nursing ( Post-Basic ) :
- The examination will be held in Delhi, and in English language only.
- The selection of candidates will be made on a 2 stage performance evaluation as under :
Stage I : AIIMS 2018 Written Test :
Candidate will appear for an entrance examination ( Written Test ) of 90 minutes duration consisting of one paper containing Candidate will appear for an entrance examination ( Written Test ) of 90 minutes duration consisting of one paper containing 70 objective type ( Multiple Choice ) questions in the subjects of fundamentals of Nursing, Medical Surgical Nursing including Anatomy, Physiology & Pharmacology, Obstetrics Nursing and Midwifery, Paediatric Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing and Professional Trends in Nursing.
Stage II : AIIMS 2018 Personal Assessment / Interview :
On the basis of the merit list based on the marks secured in Stage – I, candidate three times the number of seats will be invited for Personal Assessment by a Selection Committee. If requisite number of SC or ST candidates are not available, then candidates belonging to SC and ST taken together will be invited. In case candidates belonging to SCs, STs & OBCs are not available for Personal Assessment, then the number of candidates from the General category will be proportionately increased Marks in Personal A ssessment will be awarded out of 30. The following factors will also be considered at the time to personal assessment :
- Past academic attainment in the Higher Secondary or +2 or equivalent examination;
- Past academic attainment in the Nursing examination;
- Performance as a Staff Nurse.
AIIMS 2018 Admission will be made on the basis of the aggregate marks secured by candidates in Stage – I & Stage – II. In case of two or more candidates securing equal marks in all the 2 stages combined, their inter se merit will be determined in order of preference as under :
- Candidates securing higher marks in Written Test ( Stage – I )
- Candidates older in age to be preferred.
AIIMS 2018 Results
AIIMS 2018 Result Date :
All India Institute of Medical Sciences Nursing Entrance Exam Results will be declared on
- Bachelor of Optometry & B.Sc. ( H ) in Medical Technology in Radiography & B.Sc. Nursing ( Post-Basic ) : 22nd June, 2018
- B.Sc. ( Hons ) Nursing : 18th June, 2018
Please keep watching this page, to check your AIIMS Results 2018…
AIIMS 2018 Counselling
Method of Counselling :
For BSc ( Hons ) Nursing course the number of candidates called for counselling will be 4 times the number of seats advertised for various categories. The order of counselling will be General / OBC / ST / SC. For other courses it will be 8 times the number of seats advertised for various categories in different courses and the order of counseling will be General / ST / SC / OBC.
The counseling will be done strictly by combined merit list starting from Rank No.1. The candidate in order of merit will exercise their choice of subject according to availability of seats.
In case of absentee, the next candidate in merit will be considered. When a reserved category candidate ( who is in combined merit list ) is called according to combined merit list, he / she will simultaneously be given an option to exercise his / her choice of subject both in unreserved category and his / her concerned reserved category.
If such a candidate opts for the subject which is available at that time of his / her counselling, both in unreserved category and reserved category, he / she will be given seats only from unreserved category as he / she is in merit and will be treated as unreserved candidate and will consume an unreserved seat. He / she will be given the reserved seats only when his / her choice of the subject is available in the reserved category only, not in unreserved category and then will consume a reserved seat. When all the seats of unreserved category are finished then only reserved category counseling will be done.
Counselling will be held as per schedule given under ‘ Important Dates at a Glance’ in the Prospectus.
AIIMS 2018 Important Dates
|1||Date of Uploading Prospectus and Registration of Online|
Application through web portal
|23rd March, 2018|
|2||Last Date for Online Registration of Application Form||12th April, 2018|
|For B.Sc. Nursing ( Post-Basic )|
|1||Entrance Examination||02nd June, 2018|
|2||Result Notification ( Stage I )||09th June, 2018|
|3||Personnel Assessment ( Stage II )||20th June, 2018|
|4||Declaration of Final Result||22nd June, 2018|
|FOR Delhi AIIMS / Bhubneswar AIIMS|
|1||Entrance Examination||09th June, 2018|
|2||Expected Date of Declaration of Examination Results||18th June, 2018|
|3||1st Counselling||10th July, 2018
|4||2nd Counselling||17th July, 2018|
|5||Open Counselling||18th September, 2018|
|B.Sc.( Hons.) Nursing 2018|
|1||Entrance Examination||24th June, 2018|
|2||Expected Date of Declaration of Examination Results||29th June, 2018|
|3||1st Counseling||18th, 19th & 20th July, 2018|
|4||2nd Counseling||17th August, 2018|
|5||Open Counselling (for AIIMS, New Delhi only) If seats are vacant.||26th September, 2018|
All India Institute of Medical Sciences ( AIIMS ),
New Delhi – 110 608.
Telephone no : 26589900, 26588500 Extn. 6421, 4499, 6422
Fax : 011 2658 8789
Website : www.aiimsexams.org