AIIMS MBBS 2021 Entrance Exam
All India Institute of Medical Sciences ( AIIMS ) invites admission Application for MBBS programs for the academic session 2021- 2022.
All India Institutes of Medical Science :
- New Delhi
Duration of Course :
- The Course of studies leading to the award of degree of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery ( MBBS ) of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences shall last for a minimum of five and a half academic years including one year’s compulsory internship.
AIIMS MBBS 2021 Eligibility
Age Limit :
- Should have attained or will attain the age of 17 ( seventeen ) years as on the 31st of December, 2021 of the year of admission
- Candidates born on or after 2nd January, 2004 are Not eligible to apply.
Essential Qualifications :
- Should have passed the 12th Class under the 10+2 Scheme / Senior School Certificate Examination ( CBSE ) or Intermediate Science ( I.Sc. ) or an equivalent Examination of a recognized University / Board of any Indian State with ENGLISH, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY as subject.
- Candidates who have appeared or are appearing at the qualifying Examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subject and expect to pass the Examination with required percentage of marks ( as indicated in Sl No. 03 below ) are also eligible to apply and appear in the Competitive Entrance Examination. However, their candidature will be considered only if they provide documentary evidence of having passed the qualifying Examination with the required subjects and percentage of marks.
- If the Institute has to consider an Examination of an Indian University or of a foreign / university to be equivalent to the 12th class under 10+2 scheme / Intermediate Science Examination, the candidates shall have to produce a certificate from the concerned Indian University / Association of the Indian Universities to the effect that the examination passed by him/her is considered by them to be equivalent to the 12th class under 10+2 scheme / Intermediate .
Minimum Marks :
- The minimum aggregate of the marks in ENGLISH, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY obtained in the qualifying examination ( as in the Essential Qualification at Sl. No. 2 of this table ) required for appearing in this examination are :
- General and OBC candidates: 60% SC / ST / OPH Candidates: 50%
- Those with CGPA Grades only will have to apply the Conversion Factor in the Application Form. The Conversion Factor should be as approved by their respective Examination Board.
Overseas Citizen of India ( OCI ) ( Common to AIIMS New Delhi & eight other AIIMS ) :
Overseas Citizen of India ( OCI ) registered under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 are also eligible to appear in this test and all terms and conditions applicable for Indian Nationals given in this Prospectus will be applicable to them. The candidate will submit proof of Registration as OCI under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 to be eligible to appear for this test.
Foreign Nationals ( Applicable to AIIMS, New Delhi only) :
Foreign candidates nominated by the Government of India are required to have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in the subjects of ENGLISH, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY in their Intermediate Science or an equivalent examination to be eligible for admission to the M.B.B.S. Course. Foreign Nationals are required to contact the Indian Mission / Post abroad in their country and the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, New Delhi for nomination.
Foreign candidates nominated by the Government of India are NOT required to appear at the Competitive Entrance Examination.
AIIMS MBBS 2021 Exam Pattern
The Competitive Entrance Examination will have one paper consisting of 200 Objective Type ( Multiple Choice and Reason-Assertion type ) questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge / Aptitude.
The distribution of questions are as follows :
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|Biology ( Botany & Zoology )||60|
|Aptitude & Logical Thinking||10|
Standard of Examination
The general standard of the Competitive Entrance Examination will be that of 12th class under the 10+2 Scheme /Intermediate Science. No syllabus has been prescribed by the Institute for the examination.
Language of AIIMS MBBS 2021 Question Paper :
Automated Question paper will be provided either in English or in Hindi according to the choice of candidates. Applicants must choose / indicate in the application form whether he / she prefers to have the question paper in English or Hindi. This choice cannot be changed later at any stage.
AIIMS MBBS Application Form 2021
AIIMS MBBS Guidelines & Instructions for Filling the Application Form
Indian Nationals (Common to AIIMS, New Delhi & Six other AIIMS) :
A candidate seeking admission to the Entrance Examination is required to fill up the Registration Form available Online with the Prospectus on www.aiimsexams.org. Candidate should fill in the online Application Form without leave any column blank. Please See User Manual for details of how to fill online application form.
Online Registration & Submission of Application Form :
After selecting the online registration, fill some details asked for deposit the prescribed fee through Debit / Credit cards / Net Banking and till all details required in the Application Form. It will be the responsibility of the candidates to ensure that correct address, mobile number and E-mail address in the Application Form is filled. Incomplete Application / Registration Slip will be rejected and no communication in this regard will be entertained. The Institute will not be responsible for any loss due to mobile number,E-mail address given by the applicant in the application form. No candidates should register more than one application.
All applicants are required to ensure that Photo / Thumb / Signature are uploaded according to the size and format given in the Prospectus. Failure to do so may result in rejection of applications. Duplicate applications from any applicant will result in cancellation of all such applications. No intimation regarding such summary rejections will be provided. PROCESS FOR CHECKING OF STATUS OF PHOTO / THUMB / SIGNATURE STATUS OF REGISTRATION SLIPS
RECEIVED : Acknowledgement with regard to successful Online submission of Registration / Application will be forwarded to registered email ID of the applicants. Submission of application does NOT mean Acceptance of Application. All applications are subject to verification of uploaded images. Candidates are required to check the status of their Application including images in their MyPage after login to the website www.aiimsexams.org from time to time to complete deficiencies as indicated on the dashboard of MyPage. The final status will be uploaded on 20th March, 2018. Candidates should not wait for e-mail or SMS reminders in this regard. The Admit Card for eligible and accepted applications shall be uploaded on 10th May, 2018. If the status of Admit Card is not available on website, he / she should immediately contact to the Asstt. Controller Examinations, AIIMS, New Delhi-110 608 along with full particulars of the Registration of application form by sending an email on email@example.com. Please refer to the IMPORTANT DATES AT A GLANCE page at the beginning of the Prospectus fortentative dates.
Foreign Nationals ( Applicable to AIIMS, New Delhi only ) :
- Foreign nationals are not required to fill up the Online Registration form of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences. Foreign nationals who wish to apply for admission to MBBS Course against any seat that are subject to announcement / notification by the Govt. of India for the year 2018 should contact the Indian Mission / Post abroad in their Country.
- The All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi and the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India will neither entertain requests for supply of application forms for admission nor receive applications directly for nominations of foreign candidates.
- Candidates are therefore requested not to contact AIIMS, New Delhi in this regard.
AIIMS MBBS Application Fee 2018
|2||Other Backward Classes [OBC : Both Creamy |
and Non-creamy Layers]
|3||Scheduled Caste [ SC||[rupee] 1200/-|
|4||Scheduled Tribe [ ST ]||[rupee] 1200/-|
|5||Persons with Bench-mark|
disabilities [ PWBD ]
Procedure for Submission of Online Application Form 2018
- A candidate seeking admission to the Entrance Examination is required to fill up online application as specified in the Prospectus.
- Candidate are required to go through the Prospectus carefully and acquaint himself / herselfwith all requirementsregarding filling the application form.
- The online application /examination fee is payable through Debit / Credit Card / Net Banking. Fees once paid is non-refundable and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- The candidate should fill in the online application form as per the detailed instructions given in the Prospectus.
- Discrepancy, if any, in the date and time of the entrance examination mentioned in theProspectus, Admit Card etc. should be immediately brought to the notice of the AssistantController ( Examination ), AIIMS, New Delhi. Complaints received after the examination will
not be entertained. In case, any discrepancy is found in the information provided in the variousdocuments, the data provided on the Application will be considered as final for all purposes.
- Furnishing of false information / filling of duplicate application form / conversing in any form or suppression of material information in the Application will entail disqualification and shall render the candidate unfit for admission. If ineligibility is detected at any stage even after
examination, the candidature / admission will be treated as cancelled and no further correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- Applicants should note that the Application Form/Registration Slip complete in all respects are to be submitted online only and NO hard copy is to be sent to the Assistant Controller ( Examinations ), All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi-110 608. There is no facility to process applications offline.
- Incomplete application form will be rejected and no correspondence will be entertained by the Institute in this regard.
- It will be the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that correct address, mobile number and E-mail ID is filled in the Application Form with other details.
- Successful submission of Application Forms and successful uploading of images does not indicate acceptance of the application. All images are subject to scrutiny and candidates are required to check the status of acceptance of application online. This is indicated at the time of submission of application online and also in the website www.aiimsexams.org. Applicants should not wait for either e-mails OR SMS reminders or to check their status. Failure to receive an e-mail or SMS will not be considered as a reason for delays in completing all necessary formalities which may result in rejection of application.
- Candidates must not obtain or give or attempt to obtain or attempt to give irregular assistance of any kind during the examination. Canvassing of any kind, directly or indirectly, or use of any form of unfair means at any time during the selection process will entail expulsion and cancellation of candidature from the examination and invite appropriate proceedings in accordance with the laws of the land. Even if any such acts are proven after examination, including at any time while pursuing the course, the candidate can face appropriate action as deemed necessary and fit
AIIMS MBBS Admit Card 2018
- A downloadable Admit Card will be hosted for all the eligible candidates on website www.aiimsexams.org tentatively on 10th May, 2018. All the candidates must take a printout of the same. The admit card will not be sent by post.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination centre unless he / she possess a Admit Card valid for that date and shift. All requirements mentioned in the Admit Card including production of the ORIGINAL PHOTO ID entered in the Online Application must be complied with for entry into the examination centre. The admit card must bear the details of printout such as IP address etc.
- Candidates are advised to preserve a copy of the Admit Card till allotment of seat in College / Institute.
- Admit Cards cannot be downloaded from the website after the conduction of examination ( i.e. from 28th May 2018 )
AIIMS MBBS Seats 2018
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Seats Reservation :
A. AIIMS New Delhi :
This year 100 ( Hundred ) seats for Indian Nationals and 7 ( Seven ) seats for ( Foreign Nationals ) are available for admission to MBBS course. Out of these, 15 ( fifteen ) seats are reserved for the Scheduled Castes, 8 ( eight ) seats are reserved for the Scheduled Tribes, 27 ( twenty Seven ) seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes and 50 ( fifty ) seats for General Category for Indian Nationals. A 3% reservation for Orthopaedic Physically Handicapped[OPH] shall be provided on horizontal basis, in the seats available. A 5% reservation for Person with Benchmark Disability ( PWBD ) as per provision of Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 shall be provided on horizontal basis, amongst theseats available subject to evaluation by the Medical Board of the Institute.
B. Eight other AIIMS Institutions :
In the six new AIIMS (viz: Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Patna, Raipur and Rishikesh,) with intakeof 100 students each and 50 students each in AIIMS Nagpur(Maharashtra) & Guntur ( Andhra Pradesh ) the reservation policy followed will be 7.5% ST, 15% SC and 27% OBC, for Indian Nationals. A 5% reservation for Person with Benchmark Disability ( PWBD ) as per provision of Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 shall be provided on horizontal basis, in the seats available. Subjected to Medical fitness by Medical board of the Institute
|1||JEE Main - Correction in Particulars of application form on website ( January exam )||08th - 14th October, 2018|
|2||JEE Main - Admit card download begins ( January exam )||17th December, 2018|
|3||JEE Main 2019 ( January ) exam ( 8 slots; candidates can choose any one )||06th - 20th January, 2019|
Seat inter – convertibility :
If requisite number of suitable candidates is not available to fill the seats reserved for the Scheduled Castes, the same will be filled out of the candidates belonging to the Scheduled Tribes and vice versa. In case candidates do not qualify from the SC / ST categories, vacant seats will be filled by candidates from the general category. Similarly, in case the OBC seat remains vacant after calling all eligible OBC candidates then these seats shall be made available to the general category.
i. Criteria for Other Backward Clases ( Non – Creamy Layer ) [ OBC ] ( Common to AIIMS, New Delhi & Six other AIIMS ) :
Reservation for OBC ( Non-Creamy Layer ) shall be according to the rules of the Government of India. Applicants are required to ensure that he / she does not belong to the persons / sections ( Creamy Layer ) mentioned in Column 3 of the Schedule to the Government of India, Department of Personnel & Training O.M. No. 360 12 / 22 / 93 – Estt. ( SCT ) dated 8th September, 1993 which is modified vide OM No. 36033 / 3 / 2004 Estt. ( Res. ) dated 9th March, 2004 or the latest notification of the Government of India ( ie. Central list). A format is provided at the end of the Prospectus. Certificate to be produced during counseling should NOT be older than ONE Year on date of 1st Counseling .
ii. Criteria for Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe ( SC / ST ) ( Common to AIIMS, New Delhi & Six other AIIMS ) :
Reservation for SC / ST candidates will be according to the rules of Government of India. Applicants will be required to produce the necessary certificate in the format provided. During counseling the certificate as prescribed in M.H.A., O.M., No. 42 / 21 / 49 – N.G.S. dated the 28th January, 1952, as revised in Dept. of Per-& A.R. letter No. 36012 / 6 / 76-Est. (S.CT), dated the 29th October, 1977, to be produced by candidate belonging to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe in support of his / her claim.
iii. Criteria for Orthopaedic Physically Handicapped ( OPH ) : ( Common to AIIMS New Delhi & Eight other AIIMS Institutions )
In accordance with the provisions of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, 5% seats of the annual sanctioned intake capacity shall be filled up by candidates with benchmark disabilities, based on the merit list of AIIMS MBBS Entrance Examination 2018. For this purpose the Specified Disability contained in the Schedule to the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016. The candidate must possess a valid document certifying his/her physical disability. The disability certificate should be certified by a duly constituted and authorized Medical Board of the State or Central Govt. Hospitals / Institutions. All PWBD candidates shall be evaluated by a Medical Board of the Institute to determine eligibility.
AIIMS MBBS Selection Procedure 2018
Based on the result of the Competitive Entrance Examination, merit lists will be prepared as below based on Percentile Scores:
(a) Common Merit list : Subject to the Govt. of India, DOPT. O.M.No. 36011 / 1 / 98. Estt. ( Res ), Dated 1st July 1998, it is clarified that only such SC / ST / OBC candidates who are selected on the same standard as applied to general candidates shall not be adjusted against reserved vacancies. In other words, when a relaxed standard is applied in selecting an SC / ST / OBC candidates, for example in the age-limit, experience, qualification, permitted number of chances in written examination, extended zone of consideration larger than what is provided for General category candidates etc. the SC / ST / OBC candidates are to be counted against reserved vacancies. Such candidates would be deemed as unavailable for consideration against the unreserved vacancies. Therefore a reserved candidate will be considered on General Seat only if no relaxation of the eligibility level (i.e. % of marks) and at cut-off level in MBBS Entrance Examination is given.
(b) Scheduled Caste candidates list
(c) Scheduled Tribe candidates list
(d) Other Backward Classes candidates list
In each category i.e. UR, OBC, SC & ST, the total number of candidates eligible to participate in the First Round of Online Seat Allocation /Counseling will be 4 times the number of seats available in each category. The Online Seat Allocation / Counseling for admission to MBBS course in Nine AIIMS will be held through an automated process based on the choice exercised by qualified and eligible candidates. The details of the schedule guideline and procedure will be intimated in due course on website www.aiimsexams.org.
AIIMS MBBS Exam Centre 2018
- List of cities where examination will be conducted in Online Computer Based Test ( CBT ) mode only.
- Applicants should indicate his / her choice of city of Examination at the time filling the application form. The city chosen is subject to confirmation of payment of the examination fee.
- The city of examination shall be allotted on count down basis subject to availability of nodes in respective city.
- The centre of examination once chosen and allotted will not be changed and any request in this regard will not be entertained. Applicants should therefore select the choice of city with utmost care.
- Applicants are advised to register themselves, make payment submit other information and submit their application format at the earliest without waiting for the last date, to avoid not getting the choice of city.
The decision of AIIMS regarding allotment of centres shall be final. No further correspondence or request shall be entertained in such cases. A tentative list of cities where the Examination Centres are located are provided in the accompanying table. In addition, candidates are not permitted to change the shift allotted to them.
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Results
AIIMS 2018 MBBS Exam Date
All India Institute of Medical Sciences MBBS 2018 Entrance Exam was conducted on 26th May, 2018 & 27th May, 2018
AIIMS 2018 MBBS Result Date
AIIMS Results 2018 has been declared
AIIMS MBBS Counselling 2018
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Counselling Overview
Those called for counseling have to report at venue site at the time on the date as stated in the Call Letter along with the following documents/certificates in original :
- Admit Card
- Call Letter issued by AIIMS, New Delhi.
- Proof of Date of Birth – Matriculation / High School Certificate, Birth Certificate issued by local Municipal Corporation office indicating name and date of birth of the candidate.
- Certificate / Mark sheet from the Board from which the candidate passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination and secured 60% marks ( for UR and OBC candidates ) or above in aggregate in the subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry ( Organic & Inorganic ) and Biology ( Botany & Zoology ). In case of Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe candidates, candidates should have secured 50% marks or above in aggregate in the subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry ( Organic & Inorganic ) and Biology ( Botany & Zoology ).
- Migration certificate from the University / Board last attended the candidate.
- Certificate from the prescribed authority on the prescribed form as appended in the Prospectus showing that candidates belong to SC / ST / OBC / OPH category ( applicable only If you have claimed in application that belong to a SC / ST / OBC / OPH category ) ( OBC certificate should be valid for central government jobs / Central Govt. Institutions only, otherwise claim for OBC reservation will not be considered).
- Current passport size photograph (front pose) 6 copies.
- One set of self attested copies of all the certificates.
It is mandatory for all candidates to be physically present i.e in person for counseling on the day as given above. No request for authorized representative on behalf of candidate will be entertained. If a candidate fails to come for counseling in person, she/he will be marked absent and her/his candidature will stand cancelled.
AIIMS MBBS Counselling Process
The following process will be adopted for counseling for all 7 AIIMS.
- In the counseling process, the seats to be filled by open ( UR ) competition would be filled up first, wherein the candidates would be called for counseling based on merit alone irrespective of whether they belong to UR, SC, ST or OBC.
- b.Next, reservation categories like SC / ST / OBC candidates will be counseled to fill up the seats earmarked for them in their respective categories. During this process, if a candidate belonging to SC / ST / OBC who had taken admission under open competition, opts for other institution of his/her choice for which he or she would be eligible as per the rules of reservation, the seat vacated by him or her in open ( UR ) competition shall be filled with a candidate from the same reservation category only, in order of merit. The process of counseling adopted by AIIMS, New Delhi is in line of Hon’ble Supreme Court’s Judgment in case of Samta Aandolan Samiti & Anr. Vs. Union of India & Ors.
All reserved category candidates who qualify in the open ( general ) merit list ( i.e. 4 times of the open category seats ) shall necessarily attend the counseling for open category seats and shall exercise his / her option and then if, he / she desires to opt for a different institution in his / her respective reserved category, he / she may attend the counseling meant for that reserved category.
- If he / she is not present or if present, fails to or refuses to take a seat in open category, he / she shall not be allowed for attending the counseling for reserved seats.
- He / she cannot opt for institution under reservation, if he / she had already opted the same institution in open category.
- In the counseling process, the seats to be filled by open (UR) competition would be filled up first, wherein the candidates should be called for counseling strictly by merit alone till the last unreserved seat is filled, irrespective of whether they belong to UR,SC, ST or OBC.
- The counseling for reserved category seat (which will also be strictly by merit) would commence only after filling up of all the unreserved seats (i.e. open category seats).
- If a meritorious reserved candidate belonging to SC / ST / OBC category, who has taken an unreserved seat in any institution after attending the open merit counseling, subsequently exercises his/her option to join a different institute in the reserved category counseling, the seat so vacated by this candidate would be available to next meritorious candidate belonging to that particular reserved category only.
- In other words If SC / ST / OBC candidate gets a seat in any institution under the unreserved category and if he / she opts different institution under reserved category of his/her choice the resultant vacated unreserved seat shall be allotted to same category candidate in order of merit. i.e. The vacated seat of meritorious reserved category would be immediately added to the seats available under that reserved category in the institute he / she had opted during counseling for UR seat.
Note : For example – if a SC meritorious candidate who has initially opted a X institution from open category, vacates a seat in open category because he wants to take Y institution from reserved category during his counseling in reserved category, the same seat (i.e. UR seat of X institute ) which is vacated by him/her shall be made available to the next SC candidate in order of merit.
- For allocation of seats, candidates are required to be present in person. Candidates will exercise their choice of the Institute when called during the counseling as per their rank in respective category. Choice thus made will be final.
- The following are the allocated seats in various AIIMS for Indian Nationals.
|Name of Institution||Total seats||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|AIIMS, New Delhi||100||50||27||15||8|
Those candidates who opt for AIIMS, New Delhi and are allotted seat in AIIMS, New Delhi, will be required to report at 9:00 AM on July, 2018 for medical Academic and admission formalities. These students are required to report for orientation program which will commence on July, 2018 and joining on this date is mandatory for all. They will also have to attend orientation programme from July, 2018.
- Those selected for AIIMS Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Patna, Raipur, and Rishikesh would be guided by the help desk counter of respective AIIMS at the venue of counseling ( i.e. Jawaharlal Auditorium, AIIMS, New Delh i). The help desk will provide the details of the admission process in their respective AIIMS.
- In case during the open selection, if any ST seat remains vacant ( after calling all eligible candidates of ST category ) then these vacant seats will be transferred to SC category and vice versa. Any SC / ST seats which remains vacant (after calling all eligible candidates of SC / ST category) shall be made available to the general category. Similarly, in case the OBC seats remains vacant after calling all eligible OBC candidates, then these vacant seats shall be made available to the general category candidates.
9. Inter se merit of two or more candidates in the same category obtaining equal total Percentile Scores in AIIMS competitive Entrance Examination will be determined in order of :
- Candidates obtaining higher in Biology in the Entrance Examination.
- Candidates obtaining higher in Chemistry in the Entrance Examination.
- Candidates obtaining higher in Physics in the Entrance Examination.
- Candidates older in age to be preferred.
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Important Dates
|1||Availability of Online Application Form||1st week of February, 2019
|2||Online Application Form Submission Last Date||1st week of March, 2019
|Application Fee Payment Last Date||February, 2019
|Correction / Modification in AIIMS MBBS 2019 Application Form Allowed Till||March, 2019|
|3||Availability of AIIMS MBBS Admit Card 2019||1st week of May, 2019
|4||AIIMS MBBS 2019 Exam Date||25th May, 2019 – 26th May, 2019|
|5||AIIMS MBBS 2019 Result||12th June, 2019|
|6||AIIMS MBBS 2019 – Counselling Round 1||1st week of July, 2019|
|7||AIIMS MBBS 2019 – Counselling Round 2||1st week of August, 2019|
|8||AIIMS MBBS 2019 – Counselling Round 3||1st week of September, 2019|
|9||AIIMS MBBS – Open Counselling ( if required )||4th week of September, 2019|
Assistant Controller ( Exams ) Examination Section
All India Institute of Medical Sciences ( AIIMS )
Ansari Nagar, New Delhi -110 608
Tel : 26589900, 26588500
Extn. 4499, 6421, 6422
Fax : 011 2658 8789
Website : www.aiimsexams.org