|Home Page||Application Form||Seats||Exam Centre||Selection Procedure||Results||Counselling|
AIIMS 2018 Course Offered
- MD / MS / MDS
- DM MCh
AIIMS PG 2018 Eligibility
For MD / MS / MDS :
- A candidate must possess MBBS degree for MD / MS and BDS degree for MDS courses of a University recognized by the Medical Council of India / Dental Council of India and must have completed the required period of 12 months compulsory rotating Internship / Practical training on or before 30th January, 2018 [As per DCI endorsement No.DE – 130 – 2011 / B – 4978, dated 13th December, 2011, candidature will be as per DCI Revised BDS Course ( 4th Amendment ) Regulation – 2011 published in Gazettee notification ( Extraordinary ) Part – III, Section – 4, dated 9th December, 2011]. Candidates who complete their internship after 30th January, 2018 are not eligible for Registration in this examination.
- In case it is found that a candidate who does not fulfil the eligibility qualification / criteria ( such as Internship Completion dates ) has provided false information solely for appearing in the examination for practice purpose, the candidate shall be debarred from appearing in AIIMS Entrance Examination in future. Selected candidate will be verified against previously available data for further action as above.
- The candidate must have obtained a minimum of the following marks in aggregate in all the MBBS / BDS professional examinations :
- For candidates belonging to the SC / ST Categories 50% marks in aggregate
- For all other categories including OBC Category 55% marks in aggregate
- For OPH candidates the minimum aggregate as provided in ( i ) and ( ii ) for the category to which the candidate belongs shall apply.
Eligibility For DM MCh Courses :
The candidate must possess a MBBS degree and should have completed the required period of one – year compulsory Internship. He / she must have obtained at least 55% marks in aggregate in all the MBBS professional examinations. The eligibility criteria are same as specified for MD / MS ( 3 years ) courses.
Duration of Course :
A minimum period of 6 academic years is the duration for those registering after MBBS degree and completion of one year’s compulsory internship. The candidates selected for this course will spend first six months in the super specialties opted for. At the end of six months there will be a departmental examination to assess the suitability of the candidate to pursue training in the super speciality. On successfully qualifying in this assessment, the candidate would proceed to the next phase and this eriod would be included as a part of the full course. In case a candidate fails to qualify in the assessment or decides to discontinue the course, he / she would be given a certificate of six months Junior Residency.
The next phase will consist of a period of one year devoted to a course in principles of surgery. It will consist of pre – determined course of didactic teaching and clinical work concerned with the basic principles of surgery. At the end of this period, i.e. 18 months after selection for the course, the candidates would appear for a qualifying examination in the basic principles of surgery. The examination would be conducted jointly by the Departments of Surgery and the super speciality to which the candidate belongs. The candidate must pass this examination before he / she is permitted to appear in the final examination.
A candidate shall become eligible to appear for final examination at the end of five years. He / She can also appear for the final exam at the end of 5½ or 6 years as well. However, in any case, the period of registration will remain six academic years which is mandatory.
AIIMS 2018 Exam Pattern
Type of paper :
The Competitive Entrance Examination will have one paper in English consisting :
For MD / MS : 200 ( Two hundred ) Objective Type ( Multiple Choice type ) questions.
For MDS : 90 ( Ninety ) Objective Type ( Multiple Choice type ) questions.
- The entrance test for MD / MS will consist of multiple choice questions covering all the subjects taught at M.B.B.S. level
- The entrance test for MDS, will consist of multiple choice questions covering all the subjects taught at BDS level.