AIIMS 2018 Entrance Exam
All India Institute of Medical Sciences Entrance Exam ( AIIMS ) invites admission Application for Postgraduate Medical programs for the academic session 2018 – 2019.
AIIMS 2018 Course Offered
- MD / MS / MDS
- DM MCh
AIIMS PG 2018 Eligibility
For MD / MS / MDS :
- A candidate must possess MBBS degree for MD / MS and BDS degree for MDS courses of a University recognized by the Medical Council of India / Dental Council of India and must have completed the required period of 12 months compulsory rotating Internship / Practical training on or before 30th January, 2018 [As per DCI endorsement No.DE – 130 – 2011 / B – 4978, dated 13th December, 2011, candidature will be as per DCI Revised BDS Course ( 4th Amendment ) Regulation – 2011 published in Gazettee notification ( Extraordinary ) Part – III, Section – 4, dated 9th December, 2011]. Candidates who complete their internship after 30th January, 2018 are not eligible for Registration in this examination.
- In case it is found that a candidate who does not fulfil the eligibility qualification / criteria ( such as Internship Completion dates ) has provided false information solely for appearing in the examination for practice purpose, the candidate shall be debarred from appearing in AIIMS Entrance Examination in future. Selected candidate will be verified against previously available data for further action as above.
- The candidate must have obtained a minimum of the following marks in aggregate in all the MBBS / BDS professional examinations :
- For candidates belonging to the SC / ST Categories 50% marks in aggregate
- For all other categories including OBC Category 55% marks in aggregate
- For OPH candidates the minimum aggregate as provided in ( i ) and ( ii ) for the category to which the candidate belongs shall apply.
Eligibility For DM MCh Courses :
The candidate must possess a MBBS degree and should have completed the required period of one – year compulsory Internship. He / she must have obtained at least 55% marks in aggregate in all the MBBS professional examinations. The eligibility criteria are same as specified for MD / MS ( 3 years ) courses.
Duration of Course :
A minimum period of 6 academic years is the duration for those registering after MBBS degree and completion of one year’s compulsory internship. The candidates selected for this course will spend first six months in the super specialties opted for. At the end of six months there will be a departmental examination to assess the suitability of the candidate to pursue training in the super speciality. On successfully qualifying in this assessment, the candidate would proceed to the next phase and this eriod would be included as a part of the full course. In case a candidate fails to qualify in the assessment or decides to discontinue the course, he / she would be given a certificate of six months Junior Residency.
The next phase will consist of a period of one year devoted to a course in principles of surgery. It will consist of pre – determined course of didactic teaching and clinical work concerned with the basic principles of surgery. At the end of this period, i.e. 18 months after selection for the course, the candidates would appear for a qualifying examination in the basic principles of surgery. The examination would be conducted jointly by the Departments of Surgery and the super speciality to which the candidate belongs. The candidate must pass this examination before he / she is permitted to appear in the final examination.
A candidate shall become eligible to appear for final examination at the end of five years. He / She can also appear for the final exam at the end of 5½ or 6 years as well. However, in any case, the period of registration will remain six academic years which is mandatory.
AIIMS 2018 Exam Pattern
Type of paper :
The Competitive Entrance Examination will have one paper in English consisting :
For MD / MS : 200 ( Two hundred ) Objective Type ( Multiple Choice type ) questions.
For MDS : 90 ( Ninety ) Objective Type ( Multiple Choice type ) questions.
- The entrance test for MD / MS will consist of multiple choice questions covering all the subjects taught at M.B.B.S. level
- The entrance test for MDS, will consist of multiple choice questions covering all the subjects taught at BDS level.
To know more about Entrance Exam Click Here
AIIMS 2018 PG Reservation Seats
Reservation of Seats :
- 49.5% of the total Post – Graduate seats ( 15% for SC, 7.5% ST and 27% for OBC ) excluding those for Sponsored / Foreign National candidates are reserved for the candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and the Other Backward Classes ( Non – creamy layer ) .
- Reservation for the Persons with Benchmark Disabilities / Orthopedic Physically Handicapped ( OPH )
For MD / MS:
- 5% of seats shall be reserved for Persons ( Indian nationals ) with Benchmark Disabilities / Orthopedic Physically Handicapped ( OPH ). The reservation will be provided on horizontal basis, as per their rank in order of merit in examination.
- Vacant seat, if any, shall be offered to the candidate from the general / relevant category.
For MDS :
- As per 100-point roster, No seat is reserved for Persons ( Indian Nationals ) with Benchmark Disabilities / Orthopedic Physically Handicapped ( OPH ) for the January, 2018 session.
Other Criteria for Orthopedic Physically Handicapped :
The candidate must possess a valid document certifying his / her physical disability conforming to judgment of Supreme Court of India i.e. :
With the approval of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India vide letter no. 18018 / 2 / 2009 – ME ( P – 1 ) dated 17th February, 2009 it has been decided that while providing reservation in admission to medical course in the first instance candidates with disability of lower limbs between 50% to 70% shall be considered and in case candidates are not available of such candidates in that category then the candidates with disability of lower limbs between 40% to 50% will also be considered for admission subject to the outcome in the Writ Petition ( Civil ) 184 / 2005 – Dr. Kumar Sourav Vs. UOI and others pending in the Supreme Court of India.
- The disability certificate should be issued by a duly constituted and authorized Medical Board of the State or Central Govt. Hospitals / Institutions.
- The constitution of the Medical Board will be one consultant each from disciplines of Orthopedics, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation and Surgery.
For DM & MCh :
The tentative number of seats available in each speciality for the January, 2018 session is shown below : However, the final positions of the seats will be uploaded on 4th December, 2017 before the start of 1st counseling on 7th December, 2017. No seats will be uploaded after 4th December, 2017 in case any seats fall vacant due to registration.
Number of Seats :
The tentative number of seats available in each speciality for the January, 2018 session is shown below. However, the final positions of the seats will be uploaded before start of 1st counseling.
AIIMS, New Delhi :
|Code||Subject / Specialty||Total Seats||UR||OBC||S.C||S.T||Sponsored / Foreign|
|A. Clinical Sciences|
|03||Dermatology & Venereology||4||3||1||0||0||0|
|14||Physical Medical & Rehabilitation||2||1||1||0||0||2|
|B. Basic Clinical Sciences|
|29||Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||3||1||1||1||0||0|
|31||Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery||2||1||0||1||0||0|
|33||Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry||2||1||1||0||0||0|
|Grand Total ( A+B+C ) *Excluding Sponsored / Foreign Students||112||57||30||19||6||39|
AIIMS, Bhopal :
|Code||Subject / Specialty||Total Seats||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|04||Pathology & Laboratory Medicine||2||0||1||1||0|
|08||Forensic Medicine & Toxicology||1||0||1||0||0|
|16||Immunohematology & Blood Transfusion||1||1||0||0||0|
|17||Obst & Gynae||1||1||0||0||0|
AIIMS, Bhubaneshwar :
|Code||Subject / Speciality||Total Seats||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|04||Forensic Medicine & Toxicology ( FMT )||1||0||1||0||0|
|07||Community Medicine & Family Medicine||1||1||0||0||0|
|10||Pathology & Lab Medicine||1||0||1||0||0|
|12||Obst. & Gynae||2||1||0||1||0|
AIIMS, Jodhpur :
|Code||Subject / Speciality||Total Seats||UR||OBC||S.C.||S.T.|
|13||Obst. & Gynaecology||4||2||1||1||0|
AIIMS Raipur :
|Code||Subject / Speciality||Total Seats||UR||OBC||S.C.||S.T.|
|3||Community & Family Medicine||2||1||1||0||0|
|4||Forensic Medicine & Toxicology||1||1||0||0||0|
|9||Obstetrics & Gynaecology||3||1||1||1||0|
AIIMS, Rishikesh :
|Code||Subject / Speciality||Total Seats||UR||OBC||S.C.||S.T.|
|12||Obst. & Gynae||8||4||3||1||0|
|23||Dentistry MDS (Oral Maxillofacial Surgery)||1||1||0||0||0|
For DM MCh :
|Subject / Speciality||Total Seats||UR|
|M.Ch. ( direct 6 years course )|
|Neuro - Surgery||1||1|
|DM ( direct 6 years course )|
To know more about Seats Click Here
AIIMS PG Online Application Form 2018
Candidate should fill in the online Application Form taking utmost care and following instructions and help manual of the Prospectus, step by step. Candidate should fill in the Online Application form correctly. Incorrect filled form may result in rejection.
Online Registration & Submission of Application Form :
A candidate seeking admission to the Entrance Examination is required to submit his / her application in the prescribed format available online with the Prospectus on www.aiimsexams.org The cost of Application Form includes the fee for entrance examination which is non – refundable and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained. The candidate is required to go through the prospectus carefully and acquaint himself / herself with all requirements with regard to filling in of the online application form.
Online Registration :
- After selecting the online registration, fill the mandatory details asked for deposit the prescribed fee in the through Debit / Credit Card / Net Banking after submitting fees filled required information step by step. Follow the Instructions scrupulously.
- It will be the responsibility of the candidates to ensure that correct details are filled in the Application Form. The Institute will not be responsible for any cancellation of candidature / loss or lack of communication etc. as a consequence of incorrectly filled application form
- No candidate should register more than one application.
- All applicants are required to ensure that Photo / Signature / Left Thumb Impression is uploaded according to the instructions provided in the Prospectus. Failure to do so may result in rejection of applications.
- Duplicate applications from any applicant will result in cancellation of all such applications. No intimations regarding such summary rejections will be provided.
AIIMS 2018 Status of online Registration
Acknowledgement of successful Online Registration will be forwarded to applicant’s Registered on their email ID. The Registration Form will remain Under Review regarding eligibility. However, candidates can check their status of uploaded images within 3 – 5 working days from the date of online Registration is done and subsequent further updates the status as per the direction. The rejected images can be updated till the registration is open.
The candidates are advised to check final status of their Registration Form regarding images and eligibility and Admit Card which will be available on AIIMS website www.aiimsexams.org.
Admit card for accepted Registration Form will only be uploaded on the website. If the status of Registration Form or Admit Card is not available on website, he / she should immediately write an email to the along with full particulars of the Registration Form.
Assistant Controller of Examinations,
New Delhi – 110608 on
Email : email@example.com
Submission of Application by Candidates who are Employed :
The Institute does not have any objection if the candidates in employment apply directly for the above postgraduate course. However, all such candidates should inform their employer in writing that they are applying for this Entrance Examination. They should also sign the undertaking in the down loaded copy of Registration Slip that they have informed their employer about the submission of the application to AIIMS.
If any communication is received from their department / office withholding permission to the candidate’s appearing at the entrance examination / admission to the course, the candidature / admission of the candidate will be cancelled, and no further correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
Application Fee :
- General / OBC Category : 1000 / – + Transaction Charges as applicable
- SC / ST Category : 800 / – +Transaction Charges as applicable
- OPH Candidates is exempted from payment of any Fee
Mode of payment :
Through Debit / Credit Card / Net Banking.
All applicants are advised to read the Prospectus and Help Manual carefully before starting online registration and ensure that no column is left blank. In the event of rejection of the application form, no correspondence / request for reconsideration will be entertained. Applicants are also advised to download and take a print of the Registration Slip. They should retain a copy of Registration Slip till the completion of Admission Process.
Candidates are requested to visit www.aiimsexams.org regularly for latest notification / announcement as well any Addendum / Dedendum / Corrigendum / Latest updates etc. regarding the Examination.
To know more about Application Form Click Here
AIIMS 2018 PG Exam Centers
Centres for Examination :
- Applicants should indicate his / her choice of city of examination at the time filling the application form. The city chosen is subject to confirmation of payment of the examination fee.
- The city of examination shall be allotted on first – come first – serve basis subject to availability of nodes in respective city.
- The centre of examination once chosen and allotted will not be changed and any request in this regard will not be entertained. Applicants should therefore indicate the choice of city with utmost care.
- Applicants are advised to register themselves, make payment and submit their application form at the earliest without waiting for the last date, to avoid not getting the city / centre of their choice.
|Jammu & Kashmir||17||Jammu|
|North 2||Uttar Pradesh||26||Agra|
|South 1||Andhra Pradesh||34||Guntur|
|46||Ernakulam / Cochin|
|West 2||Chhattisgarh||69||Bhilai Nagar|
In case, a city is cancelled due to non – availability of minimum number of candidates in that city, AIIMS shall do necessary re – allocation of these candidates in nearby.
To know more about Exam Centre Click Here
AIIMS PG 2018 Selection Procedure
Selection of Sponsored / Foreign National Candidates
A combined merit list of the sponsored / foreign national candidates will be made. Seats will be allotted purely on merit on the basis of performance in the Entrance Test. Detailed requirements for Sponsored / Foreign National candidates are given on next pages under the heading “Important Instructions Applicable To All Examinations”.
Minimum Cut – off Scores :
In accordance with decision of the Governing Body, AIIMS dated 14 September 2013, the minimum cutoff necessary in the Entrance Examination to determine eligibility for admission is 50th Percentile.
To know more about Selection Procedure Click Here
AIIMS 2018 PG Results
AIIMS Exam Date
AIIMS PG Entrance Exam will be conducted on 12th November, 2017.
AIIMS Result Date
AIIMS PG Entrance Exam Results will be declared on 18th November, 2017.
Please keep watching this page, to check your AIIMS PG Results 2018…
To know more about Results Click Here
AIIMS PG 2018 Counselling
- The order of counseling will be General / 50% AIIMS preferential candidates of total MBBS seats of AIIMS / ST / SC / OBC.
- Group 1 – Confirmed seats: A candidate who has got a confirmed seat in the subject of his / her choice, will not be allowed to change the subject and will not be eligible for the second counseling.
- Group 2 – If a candidate wants subject ‘A’ and it is not available at his / her rank / turn then he / she can choose subject ‘B’ provisionally. His / her provisional seat or available any seat at his / her turn will be confirmed only in the second counseling.
- Group 3 – A candidate, who does not take any seat provisionally but wants to come for the second counseling will be eligible for second counseling.
- All candidates in group 1 ( confirmed seat ) shall deposit fees as per the date stipulated in the selection letter. If they fail to deposit fees, and / or do not join after depositing the fees then they would lose the seat allotted to them and such candidates will not be eligible for second counseling.
- In case due to unavoidable circumstance any candidate is not in a position to appear in person on the notified date of 1st counseling, his / her authorized representative with an Undertaking and Authority Letter for allotment may participate along with original documents for verification. In such cases, a seat will be offered purely on provisional basis at his / her turn.
- The order of the second counseling will be General / 50% AIIMS preferential candidates of total MBBS seats of AIIMS / ST / SC / OBC.
- Candidates who had opted seats provisionally under group 2 will be allotted a confirmed seat only in those subject which they had provisionally opted in the first counseling and / or the subjects which are available at his / her turn as per merit during the 2nd counseling.
- A candidate belonging to group 2 would lose the seat allotted provisionally in the first counseling, if he / she does not attend the second counseling.
- In the second counseling, all the seats will be confirmed seats.
- There will be Open Counselling for the seats that remain vacant after 2nd Counseling.
- In addition to that any seat vacated by the candidate, who had been allotted confirmed seat in 1st / 2nd counseling, by way of surrender resignation / cancellation / mismatch of biometric verification etc. will be included in the vacant seats available as mentioned in the preceding point for Open Counselling. The final list of all the vacant seats including seats vacated as mentioned above will be displayed on AIIMS website.
- Any seat failing vacant after finishing final counselling will be advertised in the next session i.e. July, 2018.
- The candidates who are interested in attending open counselling on the scheduled date will be required to register themselves online for Open Counselling on the AIIMS website i.e. www.aiimsexams.org.
Spot Counselling :
If seats are vacant after open counselling, the seats will be filled by spot counselling at the respective AIIMS separately & information will be given in newspaper & will also be displayed on website of respective AIIMS. The date will be decided later on by the respective AIIMS, if required
Candidates will not be allowed to attend open counselling without the production of print out of registration Slip issued for open counselling at the time of online registration.
Candidate applying under OBC category must possess valid caste certificate issued within last one year by the competent authority & before the date of first counseling. The certificate must be valid for admission in Central Govt. Institution. Date of validity of certificate shall be considered as 6th December, 2017 ( one – day prior the 1st Counseling ) .
To know more about AIIMS PG Counselling Click Here
AIIMS PG 2018 Important Dates
|1||Date of uploading of Prospectus & Commencement of online |
registration of application.
|12th September, 2017
( Tuesday )
|2||Last date for Registration of Online application||3rd October, 2017 upto 5:00 PM|
|3||Date for checking status of application: Accepted & Rejected with |
reasons. Applicants are required to check status on
12th October, 2017 through the Registration Status Tab of
their My Page after Login.
|12th October, 2017
( Thursday )
|4||Last date for submission of required documents for Regularization |
of Rejected Application. No Correspondence will be entertained
after 16th October, 2017 under any circumstance and candidates are request NOT TO CONTACT the Examination Section.
|16th October, 2017
( Monday )
|5||Last date of receiving the application form duly recommended & |
forwarded with “NO OBJECTION” from the Ministry of Health &
Family Welfare, Govt. of India for Foreign Nationals to apply &
appear in the AIIMS PG Entrance Examination January 2018 session.
|16th October, 2017
( Monday )
|6||Finalization of Centres and allotment of Roll Nos. and uploading |
Admit Cards on website
|27th October, 2017
( Friday )
|7||Entrance Examination through online mode [ Computer Based Test ]||12th November, 2017
( Sunday )
|8||Expected date of declaration of Result||18th November, 2017
( Saturday )
|9||Tentative date of 1st Counseling||7th December, 2017
( Thursday )
|10||Tentative date of 2nd Counseling||18th December, 2017
( Monday )
|11||Tentative date of Open Counselling||23rd February, 2018
( Friday )
|12||Tentative date of Spot counselling by respective AIIMS ( if seats are |
vacant after Open Counselling )
|To be decided later on
by respective AIIMS
|To facilitate quick redressal of queries, use registered email mentioned in the registration form. Replies / Clarifications will only be given through this mail.|
|AIIMS PG Application Form : http://mdmsmch.aiimsexams.org/Welcome.aspx
All India Institute of Medical Sciences,
New Delhi – 110 608.
Telephone No : 26589900, 26588500 / 6421 /4499 / 6422,
Fax : 011 2658 8789
Website : www.aiimsexams.org.