Important : AIMS MBBS admission will based on NEET UG 2021
AIMS MBBS 2021 Entrance Exam
Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences invites application from the eligible candidates for admission to MBBS Course for the academic year 2021 – 2022.
AIMS MBBS Course Duration
- Amrita Institute of Medical Science 2021 MBBS Course Duration is Four and half years plus one year compulsory rotating Residential Internship.
- AIMS MBBS 2018 consists of 100 Seats & curriculum will be as per Medical Council of India and University – Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham.
AIMS MBBS 2021 Eligibility Conditions
AIMS MBBS Eligibility as per NEET norms.
Eligibility to appear in NEET UG :
Eligibility for appearing in NEET ( UG ) is as stipulated in Indian Medical Council Act-1956 / Regulations as amended in 2021 and the Dentists Act-1948/Regulations as amended in 2021. Eligibility as per related regulations is as follows :
- He / she has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his / her admission to the 1styear MBBS / BDS Course.
- The upper age limit for NEET is 25 years as on the date of examination with relaxation of 5 years for candidates belonging to OBC / SC / ST category.
- The Age criteria for appearing in NEET( UG ), 2021 is as follows :
- For Candidates of Unreserved Category ( UR ) – born on or between 07.05.1993 and 01.01.2002
- For Candidates of SC / ST / OBC / PH Category – born on or between 07.05.1988 and 01.01.2002
- Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians ( NRIs ), Oversees Citizen of India ( OCIs ), Persons of Indian Origin ( PIOs ) & Foreign Nationals are eligible to appear in NEET ( UG ) 2021.
Eligibility for seats under the control of states/ deemed universities / central universities /seats of esic & afmc including bhu & amu / central pool quota
- Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians ( NRIs ), Oversees Citizen of India ( OCIs ), Persons with Indian Origin ( PIOs ) & Foreign Nationals are eligible for admission in Medical / Dental Colleges subject to rules and regulations framed by the respective State Governments, Institution and the Government of India.
- Foreign nationals may confirm their eligibility from the concerned Medical / Dentals College / State.
Eligibility for 15% All India Quota Seats :
- Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians ( NRIs ), Oversees Citizen of India ( OCIs ), Persons of Indian Origin ( PIOs ) & Foreign Nationals are eligible for 15% All India Quota Seats.
- Candidates from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J & K
- Students from the States of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J & K are NOT ELIGIBLE for 15% all India quota seats as these States had opted out of All India Scheme since its inception. If they claim eligibility, they must submit online Self Declaration which will be generated and printed automatically along with confirmation page for the record and to present during counselling.
- The online Self Declaration of the candidates will be verified at the time of counselling and if found to be false at any time, the candidature / admission of such candidates shall be cancelled and criminal proceedings may be initiated against them.
- Candidates from the States of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J & K can appear in NEET ( UG ) for admission to Private Medical / Dental Colleges or any Private / Deemed University and Armed Forces Medical College ( AFMC ), Pune subject to the fulfilment of eligibility conditions.
Qualifications and Qualifying Examination Codes :
Code : 01
A candidate who is appearing in the qualifying examination, i.e., 12th Standard in 2021 whose result is awaited, may apply and take up the said test but he / she shall not be eligible for admission to the MBBS or BDS, if he / she does not pass the qualifying examination with the required pass percentage of marks at the time of first round of Counselling.OR
Code : 02
The Higher / Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher/ Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio – technology ( which shall include practical tests in these subjects ) and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education. Provided that 2 year of regular and continuous study of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology taking together shall be required at 10+2 level for all the candidates. Candidates who have passed 10+2 from Open Schools or as private candidate shall not be eligible to appear for NEET ( UG ). Furthermore, study of Biology / Bio-technology as an additional subject at 10+2 level also shall not permissible.
Note : where the course content is not as prescribed for 10+2 education structure of the National Committee, the candidates will have to undergo a period of one year pre – professional training before admission to the Medical Colleges. OR
Code : 03
The Intermediate / Pre – degree Examination in Science of an Indian University / Board or other recognised examining body with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio – technology ( which shall include practical test in these subjects ) and also English as a compulsory subject. OR
Code : 04
The Pre – professional / Pre – medical Examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio – technology & English after passing either the Higher Secondary Examination or the Pre – University or an equivalent examination. The Pre – professional / Pre – medical examination shall include practical test in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject. OR
Code : 05
The first year of the three years’ degree course of a recognised University with Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Bio – technology including practical tests in these subjects provided the examination is a University Examination and candidate has passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio – technology with English at a level not less than a core course. OR
Code : 06
B.Sc. Examination of an Indian University provided that he / she has passed the B.Sc. Examination with not less than two of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology ( Botany, Zoology ) / Bio – technology and further that he / she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. OR
Code : 07
Any other examination which in scope and standard ( Last 2 years of 10+2 Study comprising of Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Bio – technology; Which shall include practical test in these subjects ) is found to be equivalent to the Intermediate Science Examination of an Indian University / Board, taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Bio – technology including practical tests in each of these subjects and English.
Provided that to be eligible for competitive entrance examination, candidate must have passed any of the qualifying examinations as enumerated above or appearing in the qualifying examination in 2018. Provided also that to be eligible for competitive Entrance Test the candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Bio-technology at the qualifying examination as mentioned in clause (2) of regulation 4 on Graduate Medical Education 1997 and in addition must have come in the merit list of National Eligibility Entrance Test ( NEET 2 ) – 2018 for admission to MBBS / BDS courses.
In respect of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Bio – technology taken together in qualifying examination shall be 40% marks instead of 50% marks for General Candidates. Further, for persons with locomotor disability of lower limbs, minimum of 45% marks for Gen – PH and 40% marks for SC – PH / ST – PH / OBC – PH are required.
Provided further that the students educated abroad seeking admission into medical colleges in India must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio – technology and English up to the 12th standard level with 50% marks and their equivalency determined as per regulations of the Medical Council of India and the concerned University. If a candidate does not fall within the qualifications prescribed as per Code number 01-07 he / she should furnish complete details to determine eligibility.
- The Pre – medical course may be conducted either at a Medical College or at a Science College.
- Marks obtained in Mathematics are not to be considered for admission to MBBS / BDS Courses.
- The candidates who have studied from the Foreign / International Board may ensure that the qualifying examination passed by them should, in scope and standard, be as explained in.
AIMS 2021 Seats
General Seats : 85 & NRI Seats : 15
- General: Indian nationals, Foreign Nationals holding OCI / PIO cards are eligible for admissions under General category ( refer NEET norms ).
- NRI: Foreign Nationals holding OCI or PIO cards / NRI ( refer NEET norms )
For General and NRI Category, admissions are made on the basis of the qualifying examination; NEET UG 2021.
AIMS MBBS 2021 Selection Procedure
Selection & counselling for admissions of General and NRI candidates is done only from DGHS, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, New Delhi.
Note: Candidates are advised to regularly check the MCC website for latest notifications regarding counselling schedule / reschedules / counselling scheme and other updations after NEET-UG results. Candidates must also visit Amrita MBBS webpage frequently for further instructions and guidelines regarding admission.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.