|Home Page||Entrance Exam||Application Form||Results|
BFUHS BSc Nursing Seats 2016
A. For Government / University College :
The reservation in the State quota seats in Government Institutions in various categories for admission to the under Graduate Para Medical Courses will be as under :
|(ii)||Backward Classes ( Note : The Backward Class Certificate must be as per the latest instructions of the Government of Punjab ) mentioning the income as laid down by Govt. of Punjab from time to time.||5%|
|(iii)||Backward Area / Border Area ( 1% each )||2%|
|(iv)||Physically handicapped Orthopaedically Handicapped ( disability 50% to 70% ) to be determined at the time of counseling by a duly constituted board of the specialty of Orthopaedics. The reservation for Physically Handicapped shall be 3% out of which 1% each shall be given to the 3 categories of Handicapped falling under Visual impairment, Hearing impairment and the Orthopaedically Handicapped.||3%|
|(v)||Sports Persons ( Credit will be given for the sports achievements made during 10+1 and 10+2 classes only and shall be graded by the Director Sports, Punjab )||1%|
|(vi)||Wards of terrorist / riot affected persons ( in order of preference to the exclusion of next category )
( As per decision of the Hon’ble Supreme Court ) Persons killed in terrorist action in Punjab / in riots outside Punjab
b) Terrorist / Riot affected / displaced persons
|(vii)||Wards of Defence Personnel ( in order of preference to the exclusion of next category )
(a) Killed in action
(b) Disabled in action to the extent of 50% or above & Boarded out of service
(c) Died while in service & Death attributed to Military service
(d) Disabled in service & Boarded out with disability attributed to Military Service
(e) Gallantry Award/other Award Winners both serving/retired.
(f) Serving Defense personnel / Ex-serviceman
|(viii)||Wards of Punjab Police Personnel, Punjab Armed Police, Punjab Home Guards, and Para-Military Forces ( in order of preference to the exclusion of next category )
(a) Killed in action
(b) Disabled in action to the extent of 50%
(c) Winners of President’s Police Medal for Gallantry of Police Medal for Gallantry
|(ix)||Children / Grand Children of freedom fighters.||1%|
B. For Private Institutes :
The institutions who are allowed to admit only girls will obey the Government orders.
The reservation in private institutes ( in Government / Management quota seats ) will be as under :-
|i.||Scheduled Caste –||25%|
|ii.||Backward Classes –
Note : The Backward Class Certificate must be as per the latest instructions of the Government of Punjab, mentioning the income as laid down by Govt. of Punjab from time to time.
|iv.||Migrants from Jammu and Kashmir due to terrorist violence.||1%|
C. Explanation :
The following points shall be observed while granting above reservation both in government and in private colleges :
- The candidate under category A (iv) and B (iii), under handicap category shall be admitted only if he / she has locomotory disability of lower limbs between 50% to 70% and with this disability he / she is otherwise found fit medically to pursue the concerned course by the Medical Board duly constituted by the Government and consisting of Heads of the respective Departments of three Government Medical Colleges at Patiala, Amritsar and Faridkot.
- For the claim of reservation in category (viii) above a certificate to this effect issued by Inspector General Police ( HQ ), Punjab shall have to be produced while submitting other documents. In case of Paramilitary Forces, this certificate shall be countersigned by IG Police (HQ) Punjab.
- The above reservation will be made in each Course / college separately subject to the availability of seats as per instructions issued by the Government of Punjab from time to time. The reservation in each institution shall not exceed 25 % in case of SC and 30% in case of SC and BC combined together.
- Candidate belonging to reserve category will be eligible for admission as per their combined merit in PPMET 2008 and corresponding years in General category also, if they opt for the same. There shall be no reservation in the Minority Quota in the private Institute.
- General category counselling shall be held on the first day. The reserved category candidate selected shall have the right to be selected in the General category as per his / her merit. The reserve category candidate selected in the general category shall not be counted towards reserve category.
- Seats remaining vacant under any of the reserve category shall be merged with the general category seats.
Foreign Indian Students NRI SEATS :
1. Seats – 15% seats in all private Institutes and specified number of seats in Government / University Institutes shall be earmarked for the Foreign Indian Students ( NRI ). The Foreign Indian Student ( NRI ) quota in private institutes will be part of the management quota.
2. The candidates for Foreign Indian Student ( N.R.I. ) seats in these institutions will be admitted on merit determined on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination equivalent to 10+2 examination of P.S.E.B. / C.B.S.E. / I.C.S.E in physics, chemistry, biology and English ( PCBE ) taken together. The equivalence, merit and eligibility of the candidates will be determined by the Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot, who will issue an eligibility certificate to such candidates. They are not required to take the entrance test. Candidate must have passed 12 years schooling from recognized Board or University with Science ( Physics, Chemistry and Biology ) and English with minimum of 45% aggregate marks ( PCBE ). For admission to Private/ State/ University institutes of Nursing, against Foreign Indian Student ( N.R.I. ) seats the candidate shall apply to concerned institutions on the prescribed form for Foreign Indian Student ( N.R.I. ) seats as per provision of The Punjab Private Health Sciences Educational Institutional ( Regulation of admission, Fixation of Fee and making of reservation ) Act 2006 as amended from time to time.
3. The criteria laid down for admission against seats reserved for N.R.I. candidates will be as under :-
- First preference will be given to those Foreign Indian Student ( N.R.I. ) candidates who are having ancestral Punjab Resident background.
- Second preference will be given to those Foreign Indian Student ( N.R.I. ) candidates who are having ancestral backgrounds of other States of India other than Punjab.
- The Foreign Indian Student ( N.R.I. ) students will have to submit a bank guarantee / surety bond for the balance of fee, if they opt to pay the fee in installments.
- Any seats remaining vacant under Foreign Indian Student ( N.R.I. ) quota, till last date of admission in State Colleges shall go to general pool and in the Private colleges shall go to the management / minority quota.