BFUHS BSc Nursing 2018 Seats
For Government / University College
The reservation in the State quota seats in Government Institutions in various categories for admission to the under Graduate Para Medical Courses will be as under :
|Backward Area / Border Area ( 1% each )||2%|
|Sports Persons |
Credit shall be given only for the sports achievements made during class XI and XII. The admission shall be made on the basis of inter-se merit of the candidates determined on the basis of gradation ( Category A / B / C ) issued by the Director of Sports, Punjab. However, for exempted categorie, the competent authority will be Director, Sports of that State or U.T. from where the candidate has passed his class XI and XII examinations.
|Children / Grand children of terrorist affected persons||1%|
|Children / Grandchildren of Sikh riot affected persons|
( In order of preference to the exclusion of next category ) ( Preference shall be given to a candidate whose parent or guardian is killed in such situation - Guardian to be considered only in case neither parent was alive at the relevant time )
a. Persons killed in terrorist actions in Punjab / riots outside Punjab.
b. Terrorist / Riot affected / displaced persons
|(vii) Wards of Defence Personnel |
( In order of preference to the exclusion of next category )
a. Killed in action.
b. Disabled in action to the extent of 50% or above & Boarded out of service.
c. Died while in service & Death attributed to Military service.
d. Disabled in service & boarded out with disability attributed to Military Service.
e. Gallantry award / other award winners both serving/retired.
f. Serving defence personnel/ex-serviceman.
Note : Certificate to this effect must be issued by Army / Navy / Air Force Headquarters or the Commanding Officer of the Unit, countersigned by the Director, Defence Services Welfare, Punjab in case of the Serving Defence Personnel. In case of Ex-Servicemen certificate should be signed by the concerned District Defence Services Welfare Officer, countersigned by the Director, Defence Services Welfare, Punjab
|Wards of Punjab Police Personnel, Punjab Armed Police, Punjab Home Guards and Para-Military Forces ( in order of preference to the exclusion of next category ) |
Certificate to this effect issued by Inspector General of Police ( HQ ), Punjab Police shall have to be produced while submitting other documents. In case of Paramilitary Forces this certificate shall be countersigned by IG Police ( HQ ) Punjab.
a. Killed in action
b. Disabled in action to the extent of 50%
c. Winners of President's Police Medal for Gallantry or Police Medal for Gallantry
|Children / grandchildren of freedom fighters of Punjab||1%|
For Private Institutes
The reservation in private institutes ( in Government / Management quota seats ) will be as under :
|Backward Classes -|
Note : The Backward Class Certificate must be as per the latest instructions of the Government of Punjab, mentioning the income as laid down by Govt. of Punjab from time to time.
( Orthopaedically disabled ( disability 50% to 70% ) to be determined at the time of counseling by a duly constituted board of the specialty of Orthopaedics )
|Migrants from Jammu and Kashmir due to terrorist violence.||1%|
The following points shall be observed while granting above reservation both in government and in private colleges :
- The candidate under category A (iv) and B (iii), under handicap category shall be admitted only if he / she has locomotory disability of lower limbs between 50% to 70% and with this disability he / she is otherwise found fit medically to pursue the concerned course by the Medical Board duly constituted by the Government and consisting of Heads of the respective Departments of three Government Medical Colleges at Patiala, Amritsar and Faridkot.
- For the claim of reservation in category (viii) above a certificate to this effect issued by Inspector General Police ( HQ ), Punjab shall have to be produced while submitting other documents. In case of Paramilitary Forces, this certificate shall be countersigned by IG Police (HQ) Punjab.
- The above reservation will be made in each Course / college separately subject to the availability of seats as per instructions issued by the Government of Punjab from time to time. The reservation in each institution shall not exceed 25 % in case of SC and 30% in case of SC and BC combined together.
- Candidate belonging to reserve category will be eligible for admission as per their combined merit in PPMET 2008 and corresponding years in General category also, if they opt for the same. There shall be no reservation in the Minority Quota in the private Institute.
- General category counselling shall be held on the first day. The reserved category candidate selected shall have the right to be selected in the General category as per his / her merit. The reserve category candidate selected in the general category shall not be counted towards reserve category.
- Seats remaining vacant under any of the reserve category shall be merged with the general category seats.
Foreign Indian Students NRI Seats
Seats – 15% seats in all private Institutes and specified number of seats in Government / University Institutes shall be earmarked for the Foreign Indian Students ( NRI ). The Foreign Indian Student ( NRI ) quota in private institutes will be part of the management quota.
The candidates for Foreign Indian Student ( NRI ) seats in these institutions will be admitted on merit determined on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination equivalent to 10+2 examination of P.S.E.B. / C.B.S.E. / I.C.S.E in physics, chemistry, biology and English ( PCBE ) taken together. The equivalence, merit and eligibility of the candidates will be determined by the Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot, who will issue an eligibility certificate to such candidates. They are not required to take the entrance test. Candidate must have passed 12 years schooling from recognized Board or University with Science ( Physics, Chemistry and Biology ) and English with minimum of 45% aggregate marks ( PCBE ). For admission to Private/ State/ University institutes of Nursing, against Foreign Indian Student ( N.R.I. ) seats the candidate shall apply to concerned institutions on the prescribed form for Foreign Indian Student ( N.R.I. ) seats as per provision of The Punjab Private Health Sciences Educational Institutional ( Regulation of admission, Fixation of Fee and making of reservation ) Act 2006 as amended from time to time.
15% seats in all Private Institutes and 7.5% of seats in Government / University Institutes shall be earmarked for the Non-Resident Indians in the following order :
- Category I : NRI / Children of NRI who originally belong to the State of Punjab.
- Category II : NRI / Children of NRI who originally belong to an Indian State other than Punjab.
Under this policy Non Resident Indian means a person of Indian origin, whether holding an Indian Passport or Foreign Passport, who is either permanently or temporarily settled outside India and in either case :
- for or on taking up employment outside India ; or
- for carrying on a business or vocation outside India; or
- for any other purpose, in such circumstances, as would indicate his intention to stay outside India for an uncertain period;
For ascertaining the eligibility relevant documents including Foreign Country Passport or Green Card or Permanent Resident Card or Proof of Residency of Foreign country issued by competent authority or OCI / PIO Card issued by the Government of India shall be taken into consideration. The eligibility of the candidates shall be determined by the Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot, who shall issue an eligibility certificate to each such candidate.
The fee notified for NRI category shall be applicable to NRI candidates getting admission to Govt. Nursing Colleges also. Fee for NRI candidates shall not be reduced in any case.
The NRI students shall have to give a bank guarantee / surety bond for the balance of fee, if they opt to pay the fee in instalments as provided.
The Centralized Counselling of NRI quota seats shall be held before the Counselling for other categories. In case of any seat remaining vacant under NRI quota, during / after 2nd Centralized Counselling of NRI quota in State Colleges, it shall go to General category and in the Private Colleges / Minority colleges shall go to General Category of the Management / Minority quota. The NRI left over seats shall be filled by the same Admission Committee from amongst the eligible candidates of PPMET.
Vacant seats under NRI quota will be diverted to General Category candidates.