Banaras Hindu University – BHU MDS Entrance Exam 2021Medical Entrance Exam » BHU »
BHU MDS Entrance Exam 2021
Banaras Hindu University invites applications from the eligible candidates for MDS Course admission for the academic year 2021 – 2022.
There is no separate entrance examination. Candidates who have appeared and qualified NEET MDS 2021 are eligible for admission based on their rank in the Examination.
Duration of the courses
- MDS – Three years from the date of admission.
BHU MDS 2021 Eligibility
- The candidate must be an Indian Citizen.
- A candidate, who holds BDS degree from a recognized Dental College or a foreign Dental degree included in the Schedules to the Indian Dental Council Act, and who has obtained full registration either from the Dental Council of India or any of the State Dental Councils after completing compulsory rotating internship shall be eligible to take this examination.
- Candidates who have obtained BDS degree from the Dental Colleges which are not recognized by Dental Council of India shall not be eligible. However, a candidate who, after passing the final qualifying examination ( Dental or the foreign Dental degree recognized by DCI ), is undergoing 12 months Compulsory Rotating Internship / practical training shall not be eligible for admission unless he / she has completed the Compulsory Rotating Internship and obtained full registration on or before 31st March, 2021.
- No request for relaxation of Compulsory Rotating Internship shall be accepted.
- The dates indicated by candidates with regard to 12 months Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship i.e. starting date, completion date in the online application System shall be treated as final and candidates will be required to submit the original Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship completion certificate at the time of admission in IMS BHU.
- The cut off dates for the recognition of the Medical Colleges from where the candidates have passed their MBBS Degree Course and completed compulsory rotatory Internship for the year 2021 will be 31st October, 2020. The Colleges recognized after this date will not considered.
- Registration with DCI / State Medical Council is necessary and its documentary proof should be furnished at the time of counseling and admission in IMS BHU.
- Candidate who has completed PG course in one subject is not eligible to do PG another Subject.
- Only those Candidate who have passed BDS from Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU in December – 2015 ( Supplementary Batch by 31st March, 2020 ) and have completed compulsory rotatory internship before 31st March, 2021 will be considered for admission to MDS Course 2021 in IMS, BHU under internal quota pool provided candidate has appeared and qualified in NEET MDS 2021 examination. Internal Candidates who are already pursuing PG course under IMS, BHU internal quota/passed BDS in academic year 2018 – 19 are not eligible for admission to MDS Course under BHU internal quota.
- Candidates who have studied / passed BDS from the state of Jammu & Kashmir and Andhra Pradesh are not eligible for 50% All India Quota. However, the candidates who were nominated by the Government of India ( under central pool seats ) to pursue BDS from Medical Colleges in Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir shall be eligible to apply for admission.
- Number of PG Seats ( MDS ) offered to applicants are those which left over PG seats after seat allotment to internal students. So status of seat and number of seat will only be known after final round of counselling to internal students.
BHU MDS Seats 2021
There are a total of 12 seats for PG courses; out of the total approved seats half of the seats will be given to all India quota and remaining half for internal students of BHU who have qualified NEET MDS; left over seats of this internal quota will be offered to external students as per rank in NEET MDS 2021.
Faculty of Dental Sciences, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University is among the top fifteen dental colleges in India. Institute has 12 seats for MDS- 2021 in following subjects :
|Sl. No||Discipline along with total number|
|Seats||All India Quota||Internal Quota|
|1||Conservative Dentistry and|
|2||Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery||2||1||1|
|3||Orthodontics and Dentofacial|
|5||Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||3||2||1|
BHU MDS Application Form 2021
- All candidates have to apply to Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU Varanasi to seek admission to PG course of Institute of Medical Sciences. Application will be available online at www.bhu.ac.in/ims/ ; www.formzero.in/imsbhu.
- There is no separate entrance examination. Candidates who have appeared and qualified NEET MDS are eligible for admission based on their rank in the above examination.
- Those candidates who have not qualified NEET MDS 2021 need not apply.
- Those who are ranked NEET MDS result and those not ranked but qualified in above examination are eligible for application. Candidate has to upload the score card of NEET MDS 2021.
BHU 2021 MDS Application Processing Fee
UR / OBC = [rupee] 1500/-; SC / ST / PH = [rupee] 1000/- to be deposited online gateway provided by Union Bank of India. There is also provision of Offline deposit of fees. However, a copy of Bank deposit challan ( original ) is to be sent along with application print out by post or scanned copy by email firstname.lastname@example.org giving application details.
BHU MDS 2021 Important Dates
|1||Starting Date of Online Application Form||2nd week of February, 2021|
|2||Last Date of Submission of Application Form||1st week of March, 2021.|
|3||BHU MDS 2021||Based on NEET MDS|
Banaras Hindu University,
Varanasi , Uttar Pradesh,
India – 221005.
Telephone no : 0542 – 2367568, 2307500
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.bhu.ac.in/ims/