Important : BVP CET BAMS / BHMS Admission will be based on NEET UG.
BVP Pune CET Zoology Syllabus 2021
Contents of Class XII Syllabus
Unit I : Reproduction
- Reproduction in organisms : Reproduction, a characteristic feature of all organisms for continuation of species; Modes of reproduction – Asexual and sexual; Asexual reproduction; Modes – Binary fission, sporulation, budding, gemmule, fragmentation; vegetative propagation in plants.
- Sexual reproduction in flowering plants : Flower structure; Development of male and female gametophytes; Pollination – types, agencies and examples; Outbreeding devices; Pollen – Pistil interaction; Double fertilization; Post fertilization events – Development of endosperm and embryo, Development of seed and formation of fruit; Special modes – apomixis, parthenocarpy, polyembryony; Significance of seed and fruit formation.
- Human Reproduction : Male and female reproductive systems; Microscopic anatomy of testis and ovary; Gametogenesis – spermatogenesis & oogenesis; Menstrual cycle; Fertilisation, embryo development upto blastocyst formation, implantation; Pregnancy and placenta formation ( Elementary idea ); Parturition ( Elementary idea ); Lactation ( Elementary idea ).
- Reproductive health : Need for reproductive health and prevention of sexually transmitted diseases ( STD ); Birth control – Need and Methods, Contraception and Medical Termination of Pregnancy ( MTP ); Amniocentesis; Infertility and assisted reproductive technologies – IVF, ZIFT, GIFT ( Elementary idea for general awareness ).
Unit II : Genetics and Evolution
- Heredity and variation : Mendelian Inheritance; Deviations from Mendelism – Incomplete dominance, Co – dominance, Multiple alleles and Inheritance of blood groups, Pleiotropy; Elementary idea of polygenic inheritance; Chromosome theory of inheritance; Chromosomes and genes; Sex determination – In humans, birds, honey bee; Linkage and crossing over; Sex linked inheritance – Haemophilia, Colour blindness; Mendelian disorders in humans – Thalassemia; Chromosomal disorders in humans; Down’s syndrome, Turner’s and Klinefelter’s syndromes.
- Molecular basis of Inheritance : Search for genetic material and DNA as genetic material; Structure of DNA and RNA; DNA packaging; DNA replication; Central dogma; Transcription, genetic code, translation; Gene expression and regulation – Lac Operon; Genome and human genome project; DNA finger printing.
- Evolution : Origin of life; Biological evolution and evidences for biological evolution from Paleontology, comparative anatomy, embryology and molecular evidence ); Darwin’s contribution, Modern Synthetic theory of Evolution; Mechanism of evolution – Variation ( Mutation and Recombination ) and Natural Selection with examples, types of natural selection; Gene flow and genetic drift; Hardy – Weinberg’s principle; Adaptive Radiation; Human evolution.
Unit III : Biology and Human Welfare
- Health and Disease; Pathogens; parasites causing human diseases ( Malaria, Filariasis, Ascariasis. Typhoid, Pneumonia, common cold, amoebiasis, ring worm ); Basic concepts of immunology – vaccines; Cancer, HIV and AIDS; Adolescence, drug and alcohol abuse.
- Improvement in food production; Plant breeding, tissue culture, single cell protein, Biofortification; Apiculture and Animal husbandry.
- Microbes in human welfare : In household food processing, industrial production, sewage treatment, energy generation and as biocontrol agents and biofertilizers.
Unit IV: Biotechnology and Its Applications
- Principles and process of Biotechnology : Genetic engineering ( Recombinant DNA technology ).
- Application of Biotechnology in health and agriculture : Human insulin and vaccine production, gene therapy; Genetically modified organisms – Bt crops; Transgenic Animals; Biosafety issues – Biopiracy and patents.
Unit V : Ecology and environment
- Organisms and environment : Habitat and niche; Population and ecological adaptations; Population interactions – mutualism, competition, predation, parasitism; Population attributes – growth, birth rate and death rate, age distribution.
- Ecosystem : Patterns, components; productivity and decomposition; Energy flow; Pyramids of number, biomass, energy; Nutrient cycling ( carbon and phosphorous ); Ecological succession; Ecological Services – Carbon fixation, pollination, oxygen release.
- Biodiversity and its conservation : Concept of Biodiversity; Patterns of Biodiversity; Importance of Biodiversity; Loss of Biodiversity; Biodiversity conservation; Hotspots, endangered organisms, extinction, Red Data Book, biosphere reserves, National parks and sanctuaries.
- Environmental issues : Air pollution and its control; Water pollution and its control; Agrochemicals and their effects; Solid waste management; Radioactive waste management; Greenhouse effect and global warning; Ozone depletion; Deforestation; Any three case studies as success stories addressing environmental issues.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.