|CMC 2016 Question Papers Book + Question Bank CD -|
|Home||Entrance Exam||Application Form||Results|
CMC Vellore 2017 Selection Process
For MBBS :
All candidates are aware of the objectives of The Christian Medical College Vellore which is “The establishment, maintenance and development of a Christian Medical College and Hospitals in India, where women and men shall receive an education of the highest grade in the art and science of medicine and of nursing, or in one or other of the related professions, to equip them in the spirit of Christ for service in the relief of suffering and the promotion of health”.
The aforesaid object is based on the religious percept of “Healing the Sick”, Mathew 10.8 :
- For the Christian Medical College more than a century old, unaided, Christian minority, non-capitation fee institution, to ascertain the suitability of NEET eligible candidates for undergoing the MBBS course, assessing their general ability viz. their aptitude and analytical skills, is an extremely important facet which has helped the Institution to achieve its objectives to serve the needy even in areas where people have limited access to medical aid.
- The assessment of a candidate’s general ability has been an integral part of the selection process in the Christian Medical College for more than 6 decades. The Institution wishes to make it clear that the assessment of the general ability of the candidate is not an admission test but is only to ensure that NEET qualified candidates seeking consideration for selection to Christian Medical College are suited to achieve the objectives of the Institution.
- Consequently, all NEET qualified applicants will have to undergo an objective assessment of their general ability for which purpose a Computer Based Test, Step 1 – Aptitude assessment will be conducted.
All NEET qualified applicants whose applications are in order and complete will be registered for Step 1 – Aptitude assessment.
UG NEET 2017 Score Submission
- All registered applicants have to submit their UG NEET 2017 Score at our website, before the last date specified ( Refer Section 1.1 Admission Time Table ) .
- Candidates will be short-listed for Step-2 at Vellore, based on NEET scores and Step 1 – Aptitude assessment test. Step 2 consists of special tests to assess the candidate’s character and suitability. Interviews also will form part of the assessment at this stage. All admissions are based on inter-se merit.
- The selection process / admission will be subject to any orders passed or that may be passed by the Government / University / Professional Councils.
All Group A / B Courses other than MBBS :
All candidates whose applications are in order and complete will be registered. They will go through a competitive process comprising of a preliminary Computer Based Entrance Test ( Step-1 ) . Short-listed candidates will be invited for Step-2 which consists of special tests to assess the candidate’s character and aptitude. Interviews also will form part of the assessment at this stage. All admissions are based on inter-se merit. The College recognises that merit is not merely academic merit but is, in addition, a collection of various other factors, which go towards suitability to pursue a professional career.
The selection process / admission will be subject to any orders passed or that may be passed by the Government / University / Professional Councils.
CMC Vellore 2017 Exam Centres
CMC Velloe 2017 Exam Conducting Centres for both Group A and B :
|Guwahati||Nagpur||Penang ( malaysia )|