COMEDK PGET Counselling 2017Medical Entrance Exam » COMEDK PGET »
COMEDK PGET 2017 Counselling
COMEDK PGET 2017 Counseling Announcement
Based on the authorization issued by the Karnataka Professional Colleges Foundation Trust ( KPCF ), the COMEDK is holding a centralized Counseling for admissions to Post Graduate Medical and Dental courses in respect of 12 medical and 19 dental colleges in the State, for the academic year 2017 – 2018 so as to ensure merit based admission.
The Government order in No. DPAR06 PLX 2012, dated 06/11/2013 has been directed to be limited to the institutions located in Hyderabad Karnataka region only namely (i) Gulbarga, (ii) Yadgir, (iii) Bidar, (iv) Koppal, (v) Raichur and (vi) Bellary, vide the direction of the Hon‟ble High Court of Karnataka dated 31st July, 2015 in W.P. No.36482-36483/2014 ( EDN-RES ) filed by Karnataka Professional Colleges Foundation Trust ( KPCF ) under which stay has been granted.
Having announced the Rank List on February, 2017 on its website www.comedk.org, the candidates are required to please note, facilities have been made to enable the candidates to Login and print their respective Rank Cards. This should be brought without fail to the counseling along with the other Mandatory documents.
The COMEDK PGET 2017 Counselling Venue
The Counseling venue is
“NMKRV College Mangala Mantapa”,
3rd Block, Jayanagar, ( near South End Circle ),
Bangalore – 560011.
COMEDK PGET 2017 Counseling Schedule
The counseling schedule will be notified separately on COMEDK website www.comedk.org. The status of the Counseling / Seat selection process for each day and session would be notified separately and the candidates are requested to log on to COMEDK website www.comedk.org to check the counseling status and all updates frequently.
Note : There are no Touts and Agents appointed by COMEDK and the website www.comedk.org is the only official website of COMEDK and if any candidate approaches any other website or any individual / organization for any COMEDK activities, he / she is doing so at his/her own risk and COMEDK is in no way responsible for resultant consequences. COMEDK will not be responsible if any other agency claiming to be a consortium of professional institutions and using similar sounding names and logos.
All candidates must note that any form of canvassing or influence exercised would result in permanent disqualification of the candidature without any prior notice. www.comedk.org is the only official website of the Consortium. COMEDK is not responsible for information available on other websites / elsewhere. Candidates are requested not to depend upon or deal with any person or organisation’s claiming to be associated with the COMEDK activities or claiming to help with admissions or entrance tests. COMEDK will not be responsible for the same and it advises the candidates to bring them to the notice of the concerned police authorities for taking penal action.
Eligibility Norms for Participation in the Counseling :
- The main philosophy behind counseling for selection of seat is that the candidate shall select the discipline or subject and the college in accordance with the rank which they have secured in the COMEDK entrance test. This philosophy is intended to provide transparency in seat selection process in tune with the judicial pronouncement of the Hon‟ble Supreme Court.
- As the biometric, photo and signature process will be followed, the candidate’s physical presence is compulsory hence no proxy registration is possible under any circumstances. Only genuine and bonafide candidates possessing original documents are allowed for counseling.
- Any mismatch at any stage will automatically result in disqualification of the candidate and he / she will not be permitted to participate in any further process of seat selection and admission to PG course. Further, impostors are liable for criminal prosecution.
- Medical certificates / affidavits for any physical non-presence will not be accepted.
- All candidates have to show the original documents specified at Para 11 below without which they will not be allowed to enter the Auditorium where the counseling is held.
- Only candidates are allowed for the entire counseling process and no other person can accompany the candidates inside the counseling hall. Use of Cell Phones / Laptops / I-pads or any other electronic gadgets is strictly prohibited inside the Counseling Venue.
- Request such as the originals have been lost and a police complaint filed or F.I.R lodged and hence duplicate marks card or other certificates will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- If any of the documents / records are not original, Candidate’s shall produce duplicate documents / records issued by the same competent authority which issued the original along with a certificate by the said competent authority explaining the circumstances under which such duplicate documents / records came to be issued and the decision of the expert committee in this regard shall be final. The expert committee may at its discretion insist for production of eligibility certificate as from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences ( RGUHS ) in any eventuality.
Seat Selection Stages at the Counseling Centre
Selection of a seat by a candidate and allocation thereafter at the COMEDK centralized counseling will comprise of the following stages :
First Round of Counseling / Seat Selection Process
1. A day is divided into multiple sessions and the first session begins at 8:30 A.M. The candidate will be allowed to participate in accordance with the notified time schedule and as per the stipulated rank ranges only.
2. The candidates are required to get the original documents verified and later to register themselves in the counter where it gets entered into the computer system. Unless the candidate is registered he / she cannot participate in the seat selection process. As biometric, photo and signature process will be followed, the candidate‟s physical presence is compulsory. Only candidates are allowed for the entire counseling process and no other person can accompany the candidate inside the counseling hall.
3. Once the registered candidate comes to the seat selection after verification process, a merit list is generated for each of the session. Unless a candidate who has a better rank gets the opportunity to select a seat, a candidate who has the rank next to him cannot think of bypassing him. The candidate has to wait for his / her turn at the seat selection terminal.
4. A dynamic screen will show course – wise and college-wise availability of seats, which helps the candidates to make up their mind in advance. The moment the option is exercised, the computer will show one seat less against the course and college from which the candidate has selected the seat. Therefore, once a candidate selects a seat according to order of merit, it cannot be changed subsequently. The selection of an available seat in a college based on individual merit is entirely the responsibility of the candidate concerned and the staff managing the process will only facilitate such seat selection and the onus cannot be shifted to the operator / the staff.
5. The entire seat selection process is computerized right from the stage of registration till the stage of printing of the Seat Allotment letter. The highly sophisticated software used in the system has the ability to control the initial registration, provide data for selection of the seats by the candidates in the order of merit, payment of fees and finally printing of Provisional / Confirmed Allotment letter.
6. The candidate needs to submit all the original documents for a Confirmed Allotment Letter. After seat selection, the candidate will go to the bank counter & deposit the Demand Draft for prescribed annual tuition fee. After this the candidate will be given a Confirmed Allotment Letter that he / she has to submit to the college chosen at the time of admission.
7. The candidate who does not submit the original documents would only be issued a Provisional Allotment Letter which is not valid for admission. This provision is allowed only during the First Round of Counseling. Either provisional or confirmed allotment, the candidate after seat selection will go to the bank counter and deposit the Demand Draft for prescribed annual tuition fee and receive respective seat allotment letter ( Provisional or Confirmed. )
8. If a candidate with Provisional Letter of Allotment does not submit all the Original documents and gets a Confirmed Allotment Letter on or before the date to be notified in due course he / she is deemed to have forfeited the provisionally selected seat. The vacant seat so caused will be offered in the final round of counseling as per merit and an amount of [rupee] 50,000/- would be deducted from the amount which he / she has already deposited.
9. Both the Provisional and Confirmed Allotment letter has built in security features and cannot be duplicated. No duplicate Allotment letter will be issued for any reason. If it is found that the allotment letter issued to the candidate is tampered, the COMEDK reserves the right to cancel such allotment and the candidate will forfeit the entire fee paid. If the original Allotment Letter is lost, the candidate will loose the selected seat as well. Hence the candidates are cautioned to be more careful. Excuses such as a police complaint is filed in this behalf, FIR lodged etc., will not be entertained.
10. No candidate will be allowed to change the „seat‟ once selected during the same counseling round. Hence, the candidates are cautioned to be very careful during the counseling process.
11. Once a candidate confirms the provisional allotment, further surrender of such a seat is not permissible and if he / she does not report to the college chosen within the date specified in the allotment letter, the tuition fee paid by him / her would be forfeited to COMEDK. After the final process of counseling any candidate who has selected a seat fails to either join the college so selected or drops the seats after joining the college will not only lose the tuition fee deposited but also attracts the penalty of Suspension of Registration by the regulating authorities.
12. The issue of Allotment letter by the COMEDK will enable the candidate to join the concerned college, subject to his / her meeting all the eligibility requirements as prescribed by MCI / DCI and the concerned university in Karnataka. Hence at the college level, all the original documents are once again verified before making the admission.