|Home Page||Eligibility||Application Form|
|Chemistry Syllabus||Biology Syllabus||Results|
Dr DY Patil Kolhapur AICET 2020 Physics Syllabus
Measurements, Scalars and Vectors
- Introduction, Need for measurement, Units for measurement, System of Units, S.I. Units, Fundamental and derived units, Dimensional analysis, Order of magnitude and significant figures, Accuracy and errors in measurement. Addition and subtraction of vectors, Scalar and vector product of vectors.
- Uniformly accelerated motion along straight line, Non uniform motion, Position time graph and velocity – time graph, Equation of a projectile path, Time of flight, Horizontal range, Maximum height of a projectile, Relative velocity.
Force and Gravitation
- Types of forces, General idea of gravitation, electromagnetic and nuclear forces, Law of conservation of momentum, Work done by a variable force. Work – energy theorem, Elastic and inelastic collisions, Inertial and non – intertial frames, Moment of force, Couple and properties of couple, Centre of mass, Centre of gravity, Conditions of equilibrium of a rigid body. Newtons law of gravitation, Orbital velocity of satellite, Periodic time, Gravitational potential energy, binding energy and escape velocity, Statement of KeplerCS laws of motion, Variation of “g” due to altitude, lattitude, depth and motion, Communication satellite and its uses.
- Angular displacement, Angular velocity and angular acceleration, Relation between linear velocity and angular velocity, Uniform circular motion, Radial acceleration, Centripetal force, Banking of roads ( vehicle on level circular road, vehicle on banked road ), Vertical circular motion due to earths gravitation, Equation for velocity and energy at different positions of vertical circular motion. Kinematical equations for circular motion in analogy with linear motion.
- Definition of M.I., K.E. of rotating body, Physical significance of M.I., Radius of gyration and its significance, Torque, Principle of parallel and perpendicular axes, M.l. of some regular shaped bodies about specific axes, Angular momentum and its conservation.
- Explanation of periodic motion, Linear S.H.M., Differential equation of linear S.H.M. Projection of U.C.M. on any diameter, Phase of S.H.M., K.E. and P.E. in S.H.M., Simple pendulum.
Properties of Bulk Matter
- General explanation of elastic property, Plasticity, Deformation, Definition of stress and strain, HookeS law, Poisson’s ratio, Elastic ( Strain ) energy.
- Surface tension on the basis of molecular theory, Surface energy, Surface tension, Angle of contact, Capillarity and capillary action.
- Origin and nature of frictional forces, Laws of static friction, Laws of kinetic friction, Pressure due to fluid column, Pascals Law and its applications, Effect of gravity on fluid pressure, Viscosity, Streamline flow, Turbulent flow, Viscous force, Newtons formula, StokesDlaw, Equation for terminal velocity, RaynoldS number, Bernoulli® principle and its applications.
- Waves and oscillations, Progressive waves, Characteristics of transverse waves, and longitudinal waves. Simple harmonic progressive waves, Reflection of transverse and longitudinal waves, Change of phase, Principle of superposition of waves, Formation of beats, Doppler effect in sound. Formation of stationary waves on string, fundamental mode and harmonics, Study of vibrations of air columns, Free and Forced vibrations, Resonance.
Thermal properties of matter
- Temperature and heat, Ideal – gas equation and absolute temperature, Thermal expansion, Specific heat capacity, Calorimetry, Change of state, Latent heat, Heat transfer, Conduction, Convection and Radiation.
Kinetic theory of gases and Radiation
- Concept of an ideal gas, Assumptions of kinetic theory of gases, Mean free path, Derivation for pressure of a gas, r.m.s. speed of gas molecules, Qualitative idea of black body radiation, Wein’s displacement law, Stefan’s law and Newton’s law of cooling.
Ray optics and Optical Instruments
- Refraction of monochromatic light, Total internal reflection, Critical angle, Optical fibre, Dispersion of light, Scattering of light, Blue colour of sky, Colour of sun at sunrise and sunset. Reflection of light by spherical mirrors, Refraction at single curved surface, Lens makers equation, Combination of thin lenses in contact, Magnifying power of simple microscope, compound microscope, telescope. Reflecting telescope – schematic diagram with explanation.
- Huygens D Principle, Construction of plane and spherical wave front, Wave front and wave normal, Reflection at plane surface, Refraction at plane surface, Polarisation, Polaroids, Plane polarised light, Brewsters law.
- Interference of light, Coherent Sources, conditions for producing steady interference pattern, Youngs experiment Analytical treatment of interference bands, Diffraction due to single slit, resolving power of a microscope and telescope.
- Charges and their conservation, Coulombs law and dielectric constant, Forces between multiple electric charges, Superposition principle of forces, Continuous distribution of charges, Electric field intensity, Potential energy, Electric potential, Electric potential due to point charge, Potential difference, Electric dipole and dipole moment, Torque on dipole in uniform electric field. Electric lines of force. Equipotential surfaces, PE. of single charge and system of charges. Electric flux, Gauss □theorem: proof and applications, Dielectrics, Concept of condenser, Capacity of parallel plate condenser, Energy of charged condenser, Condensers in series and parallel, van – de – Graaff generator.
- Electric Current, V I Characteristics ( linear and nonlinear ) Ohm’s law, Resistance, Specific resistance and conductivity, Temperature dependence of resistance, Colour code of carbon resistor, E.M.F. and internal resistance of cell, Work done by electric current, Power in electric circuit, Cells in series and in parallel. KirchhoffS law, Wheatstone® bridge, Meter bridge, Potentiometer: Principle and applications for comparing e.m.f of two cells and determine internal resistance of a cell.
Magnetic effect of electric current
- Biot SavartS law, Right hand rule, Magnetic induction at the centre of circular coil carrying current, Magnetic induction at a point along the axis of a coil carrying current, Flemings left hand rule, Force acting on a conductor carrying current in magnetic field, Torque on a current loop in magnetic field. Force between two infinitely long current carrying parallel conductors, Definition of Ampere, Amperes law and its applications, Moving coil galvanometer, Ammeter, Voltmeter, Sensitivity of moving coil galvanometer, Cyclotron.
- Origin of magnetism due to moving charges, Equivalence between magnetic dipole and circular coil carrying current, Definition of magnetic dipole moment and its unit, Torque acting on a magnet in uniform magnetic induction, Bar magnet as an equivalent solenoid, Magnetic field lines, Magnetic induction due to bar magnet at a point along the axis and at a point along equator. Circular current loop as a magnetic dipole, Magnetic dipole moment of revolving electron, Diamagnetism, Paramagnetism, Ferromagnetism on the basis of domain theory, Curie temperature.
- Laws of electromagnetic induction, proof of, e = – dØ dt Eddy currents, Self induction and mutual induction, Transformer, Coil rotating in uniform magnetic induction, Alternating currents, Reactance and impedance, Resonant circuits, wattless current.
Electrons and Photons
- Photoelectric effect, Einstein’s equation, Particle nature of light.
Atoms, Molecules and Nuclei
- Rutherfords model of atom. BohrS model, Hydrogen spectrum, Energy levels, de Broglie hypothesis, Matter waves – wave nature of particles, Wavelength of an electron, Davisson and Germer experiment.
- Energy bands in solids, Intrinsic and extrinsic semiconductors, P – type and N – type semiconductor, P – N junction diode, Rectifiers, Zener diode as a voltage regulator, Photodiode, Solar cell, Transistor action and its characteristics, Transistor as an amplifier ( CE mode ), Oscillators and Logic gates ( OR, AND, NOT, NAND, NOR ).
Electromagnetic waves and Communication systems
- Electromagnetic waves and their characteristics, Transverse nature of electromagnetic waves, Electromagnetic spectrum, Space communication, Propagation of electromagnetic waves in atmosphere. Sky and Space wave propagation.