Dr DY Patil University Kolhapur AICET Entrance Exam 2020Medical Entrance Exam » Dr.D.Y.Patil »
Dr DY Patil Kolhapur All India Common Entrance Test 2020
Dr DY Patil Kolhapur conducts All India Common Entrance Test – AICET 2020 for admission to MBBS & BSc Nursing Courses for the academic year 2020 – 2021.
Dr DY Patil Kolhapur 2020 Eligibility
Only the candidate, who satisfy or is likely to satisfy the following eligibility requirements for admission to the course, shall be considered eligible to appear for the AICET 20.
1. Nationality and Age :
The candidate, seeking to appear at the AICET 2020 shall be an Indian national and shall have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st December, 2020 or as prescribed by the concerned council.
2 Qualification : As per MCI norms
- Passed the Higher Secondary Certificate ( H.S.C. ) examination / the Indian School Certificate ( ISC ) examination / Central Board of Secondary Education ( CBSE ) examination or any other examination equivalent to 10+2 HSC examination of any recognised Board / University from any school / college situated in India after 12 years of study. The candidate with other qualifications shall have to get equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities( AIU ), New Delhi. If Studied underforeign system in India, he / she should have equivalence certificate of AIU.
- The candidate, seeking admission to the course, shall have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology and English individually and must have obtained at least 50 percent marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Biotechnology taken together in the qualifying examination, i.e., 10+2/HSC or an equivalent examination.
- The candidates belonging to the SC, ST and OBC shall have obtained at least 40 percent marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology / Biotechnology taken together in the qualifying examination ( HSC or equivalent ) as per course qualification.
- A candidate who has appeared or is likely to appear for qualifying examination i.e. H.S.C. etc. and whose results have not been declared at the time of AICET 20 shall also be considered eligible to appear for AICET 2020, provided he / she has offered the above mentioned subjects at the said qualifying examinations.
- CET Marks Eligibility for Admission to MBBS Course : A candidate must secure not less than 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Biotechnology ( PCB ) at Common Entrance Test AICET 2020.
- CET Marks for Admission to B.Sc Nursing : A candidate will be selected on the basis of merit in Common Entrance Test AICET 2020
3. Eligibility for NRI / PIO / FN :
A candidate in any of these categories shall have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st December, 2020. He / she must have Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology and English at the CBSE, ISC, HSC or an equivalent examination. In the case of a student from any school that follows the American system of education, the candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Biotechnology at ‘AP’ ( Advanced Placement ) level and must have minimum ‘C’ grade in these subjects. Such Candidate will have to apply for appearing AICET 2020. These students must obtain Equivalence Certificate from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi.
Dr DY Patil Kolhapur AICET Eligibility Criteria of qualifying Examination 2020 :
The candidates who have secured at least 50 percent marks in the AlCET 16 shall be considered eligible for provisional admission as per the Merit list.
- Merit list of candidates will be displayed on the notice board of the D.Y. Patil University and published on the website www.dypatilunikop.org.
- Students should please note that no changes or adjustments shall be made in the admission schedule.
- The academic year shall commence from 1st August, 2020 or on the date which will be declared on the day of Admission.
To know more about Eligibility Click Here
Dr DY Patil Kolhapur 2020 Exam Pattern
MBBS and B.Sc.(N) the question paper consists of two hundred objecticve type Multiple Choice Questions ( MCQs ) on Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology / Biotechnology ( 50 marks on each of them ). The duration of the test is 3 hours.
Dr DY Patil Kolhapur 2020 Exam Centres
|Addresses of centers will be communicated in Hall Ticket and also will be available on website in first week of August – 2020|
Dr DY Patil Kolhapur 2020 Exam Seats
The distribution of seats to MBBS & B.SC.(N) will be as follows :
|Name of Course||Total Seats||General Category ( 85% )||NRI / PIO / FN ( 15% )||Course Duration|
|M.B.B.S||150||128||22||4½ Years + 1 Year Internship|
|B.Sc.( N )||50||–||
Reservations will be as per directives of the Government of India for Deemed to be Universities issued through the UGC, as and when received.
DY Patil Kolhapur AICET Application Form 2020
Dr DY Patil Kolhapur 2020 AICET Application Form Availability
i. DY Patil Kolhapur AICET 2020 candidate is required to fill the prescribed application form appended to this brochure and submit the same to the Registrar of the University, on or before the scheduled date.
2. The application form in this brochure is for the AICET 2020 and for admission to the course commencing in the year 2020 only.
3. An incomplete application form or without a demand draft of the prescribed fee of [rupee] 1500/- ( or [rupee] 1000/- for late or [rupee] 2500/- with additional late ) shall not be entertained and processed. This fee should not be sent by money order. Please note that the application and AICET fees are nonrefundable.
Dr DY Patil Kolhapur AICET 2020 Entrance Exam Fee
- Price of Dr DY Patil Kolhapur AICET 2020 Information Brochure and Application Form : [rupee] 200/-
- Dr DY Patil Kolhapur AICET 2020 Entrance Test Fee ( without late ) upto June, 2020 : [rupee] 1500/-
- Dr DY Patil Kolhapur AICET 2020 Entrance Test Fee ( with late ) upto June, 2020 : [rupee] 2700/- ( Form Fee [rupee] 200/- + Test Fee [rupee] 1500/- + with late [rupee] 1000/- )
- Dr DY Patil Kolhapur AICET 2020 Exam with Additional late Fee upto June, 2020 : [rupee] 4200/- ( Form Fee [rupee] 200/- + Test Fee [rupee] 1500/- + with late [rupee] 2500/- ) Only for Kolhapur Centre.
Dr DY Patil AICET 2020 Application Form Submission
- DY Patil AICET 2020 Application Form may be mailed to the following address :Registrar,
D.Y. Patil Education Society Deemed University,
D.Y. Patil Vidyanagar, Kasaba Bawada,
Kolhapur – 416 006.
- The application shall be accompanied with a demand draft of the required amount. The DD, in favour of Registrar, D.Y. Patil Education Society Deemed University, Kolhapur, shall be drawn on any nationalised bank and payable at Kolhapur. Those who submit the application in person, may pay the test fee either by a D D or in cash. ( The candidate is advised to obtain and maintain proof of demand draft and despatch of the application form. This may be useful for obtaining duplicate admit card, if required. )
- The application form duly completed may be despatched by registered post / speed post / courier only or be submitted in person.
- The DY Patil Kolhapur AICET 2020 application must reach the University office ( either by hand or by mail ) on or before last dates mentioned in the Calendar of Events.
- The DY Patil Kolhapur university shall not be responsible for any delay or loss of the application / admit card / or any other communication in transit. Such a delay shall not be condoned.
Dr DY Patil Kolhapur AICET 2020 Admit Card
- Dr DY Patil Kolhapur AICET Admit Card for AICET 2020 shall be despatched by courier or by post under certificate of posting to the candidate. The admit card will indicate the seat number, the examination center ( with its address ) allotted to the candidate.
- The candidate shall not mutilate the admit card or change any entry made therein after it has been authenticated by the University authorities.
To know more about Application Form Click Here
Dr DY Patil Kolhapur AICET 2020 Physics Syllabus
Measurements, Scalars and Vectors
- Introduction, Need for measurement, Units for measurement, System of Units, S.I. Units, Fundamental and derived units, Dimensional analysis, Order of magnitude and significant figures, Accuracy and errors in measurement. Addition and subtraction of vectors, Scalar and vector product of vectors.
- Uniformly accelerated motion along straight line, Non uniform motion, Position time graph and velocity – time graph, Equation of a projectile path, Time of flight, Horizontal range, Maximum height of a projectile, Relative velocity.
Force and Gravitation
- Types of forces, General idea of gravitation, electromagnetic and nuclear forces, Law of conservation of momentum, Work done by a variable force. Work – energy theorem, Elastic and inelastic collisions, Inertial and non – intertial frames, Moment of force, Couple and properties of couple, Centre of mass, Centre of gravity, Conditions of equilibrium of a rigid body. Newtons law of gravitation, Orbital velocity of satellite, Periodic time, Gravitational potential energy, binding energy and escape velocity, Statement of KeplerCS laws of motion, Variation of “g” due to altitude, lattitude, depth and motion, Communication satellite and its uses.
- Angular displacement, Angular velocity and angular acceleration, Relation between linear velocity and angular velocity, Uniform circular motion, Radial acceleration, Centripetal force, Banking of roads ( vehicle on level circular road, vehicle on banked road ), Vertical circular motion due to earths gravitation, Equation for velocity and energy at different positions of vertical circular motion. Kinematical equations for circular motion in analogy with linear motion.
- Definition of M.I., K.E. of rotating body, Physical significance of M.I., Radius of gyration and its significance, Torque, Principle of parallel and perpendicular axes, M.l. of some regular shaped bodies about specific axes, Angular momentum and its conservation.
- Explanation of periodic motion, Linear S.H.M., Differential equation of linear S.H.M. Projection of U.C.M. on any diameter, Phase of S.H.M., K.E. and P.E. in S.H.M., Simple pendulum.
Properties of Bulk Matter
- General explanation of elastic property, Plasticity, Deformation, Definition of stress and strain, HookeS law, Poisson’s ratio, Elastic ( Strain ) energy.
- Surface tension on the basis of molecular theory, Surface energy, Surface tension, Angle of contact, Capillarity and capillary action.
- Origin and nature of frictional forces, Laws of static friction, Laws of kinetic friction, Pressure due to fluid column, Pascals Law and its applications, Effect of gravity on fluid pressure, Viscosity, Streamline flow, Turbulent flow, Viscous force, Newtons formula, StokesDlaw, Equation for terminal velocity, RaynoldS number, Bernoulli® principle and its applications.
- Waves and oscillations, Progressive waves, Characteristics of transverse waves, and longitudinal waves. Simple harmonic progressive waves, Reflection of transverse and longitudinal waves, Change of phase, Principle of superposition of waves, Formation of beats, Doppler effect in sound. Formation of stationary waves on string, fundamental mode and harmonics, Study of vibrations of air columns, Free and Forced vibrations, Resonance.
Thermal properties of matter
- Temperature and heat, Ideal – gas equation and absolute temperature, Thermal expansion, Specific heat capacity, Calorimetry, Change of state, Latent heat, Heat transfer, Conduction, Convection and Radiation.
Kinetic theory of gases and Radiation
- Concept of an ideal gas, Assumptions of kinetic theory of gases, Mean free path, Derivation for pressure of a gas, r.m.s. speed of gas molecules, Qualitative idea of black body radiation, Wein’s displacement law, Stefan’s law and Newton’s law of cooling.
Ray optics and Optical Instruments
- Refraction of monochromatic light, Total internal reflection, Critical angle, Optical fibre, Dispersion of light, Scattering of light, Blue colour of sky, Colour of sun at sunrise and sunset. Reflection of light by spherical mirrors, Refraction at single curved surface, Lens makers equation, Combination of thin lenses in contact, Magnifying power of simple microscope, compound microscope, telescope. Reflecting telescope – schematic diagram with explanation.
- Huygens D Principle, Construction of plane and spherical wave front, Wave front and wave normal, Reflection at plane surface, Refraction at plane surface, Polarisation, Polaroids, Plane polarised light, Brewsters law.
- Interference of light, Coherent Sources, conditions for producing steady interference pattern, Youngs experiment Analytical treatment of interference bands, Diffraction due to single slit, resolving power of a microscope and telescope.
- Charges and their conservation, Coulombs law and dielectric constant, Forces between multiple electric charges, Superposition principle of forces, Continuous distribution of charges, Electric field intensity, Potential energy, Electric potential, Electric potential due to point charge, Potential difference, Electric dipole and dipole moment, Torque on dipole in uniform electric field. Electric lines of force. Equipotential surfaces, PE. of single charge and system of charges. Electric flux, Gauss □theorem: proof and applications, Dielectrics, Concept of condenser, Capacity of parallel plate condenser, Energy of charged condenser, Condensers in series and parallel, van – de – Graaff generator.
- Electric Current, V I Characteristics ( linear and nonlinear ) Ohm’s law, Resistance, Specific resistance and conductivity, Temperature dependence of resistance, Colour code of carbon resistor, E.M.F. and internal resistance of cell, Work done by electric current, Power in electric circuit, Cells in series and in parallel. KirchhoffS law, Wheatstone® bridge, Meter bridge, Potentiometer: Principle and applications for comparing e.m.f of two cells and determine internal resistance of a cell.
Magnetic effect of electric current
- Biot SavartS law, Right hand rule, Magnetic induction at the centre of circular coil carrying current, Magnetic induction at a point along the axis of a coil carrying current, Flemings left hand rule, Force acting on a conductor carrying current in magnetic field, Torque on a current loop in magnetic field. Force between two infinitely long current carrying parallel conductors, Definition of Ampere, Amperes law and its applications, Moving coil galvanometer, Ammeter, Voltmeter, Sensitivity of moving coil galvanometer, Cyclotron.
- Origin of magnetism due to moving charges, Equivalence between magnetic dipole and circular coil carrying current, Definition of magnetic dipole moment and its unit, Torque acting on a magnet in uniform magnetic induction, Bar magnet as an equivalent solenoid, Magnetic field lines, Magnetic induction due to bar magnet at a point along the axis and at a point along equator. Circular current loop as a magnetic dipole, Magnetic dipole moment of revolving electron, Diamagnetism, Paramagnetism, Ferromagnetism on the basis of domain theory, Curie temperature.
- Laws of electromagnetic induction, proof of, e = – dØ dt Eddy currents, Self induction and mutual induction, Transformer, Coil rotating in uniform magnetic induction, Alternating currents, Reactance and impedance, Resonant circuits, wattless current.
Electrons and Photons
- Photoelectric effect, Einstein’s equation, Particle nature of light.
Atoms, Molecules and Nuclei
- Rutherfords model of atom. BohrS model, Hydrogen spectrum, Energy levels, de Broglie hypothesis, Matter waves – wave nature of particles, Wavelength of an electron, Davisson and Germer experiment.
- Energy bands in solids, Intrinsic and extrinsic semiconductors, P – type and N – type semiconductor, P – N junction diode, Rectifiers, Zener diode as a voltage regulator, Photodiode, Solar cell, Transistor action and its characteristics, Transistor as an amplifier ( CE mode ), Oscillators and Logic gates ( OR, AND, NOT, NAND, NOR ).
Electromagnetic waves and Communication systems
- Electromagnetic waves and their characteristics, Transverse nature of electromagnetic waves, Electromagnetic spectrum, Space communication, Propagation of electromagnetic waves in atmosphere. Sky and Space wave propagation.
To know more about Physics Sylabus Click Here
To know more about Chemistry Sylabus Click Here
To know more about Biology Sylabus Click Here
Dr DY Patil Kolhapur AICET 2020 Results
Dr DY Patil Kolhapur AICET 2020 Exam Date
Dr DY Patil University Kolhapur All India Common Entrance Test will be conducted on May, 2020.
Dr DY Patil Kolhapur AICET 2020 Result
Dr DY Patil Kolhapur AICET 2020 Results likely to be declared in the month of June, 2020.
Please keep watching this page, to check your Dr DY Patil Kolhapur AICET Results 2020…
To know more about Results Click Here
Dr DY Patil Kolhapur AICET 2020 Important Dates
|A.||Last date for submitting the application form to : D.Y.Patil Education Society Deemed University, Kolhapur for All India Common Entrance Test 2020.||
|B.||Admit cards to candidates who are Considered provisionally eligible for AICET – 20, will be made available on website on||June, 2020.|
|C.||Date & time of AICET – 2020||June, 2020
from 11.00 am to 2.00 pm.
|D.||Declaration of result||Will be declared later on|
|E.||Schedule of admission||Will be declared later on|
|F.||Venue of admission sessions||D.Y.PatilEducationSocietyDeemedUniversity,Kolhapur|
|H.||College to open on||August, 2020 ( or ) the date will be announced on the day of admission.|
Contact Details :
Dr. D.Y. Patil Medical College, Kolhapur,
D.Y. Patil Vidyanagar, Kasba Bawda,
Kolhapur – 416 006 , Maharashtra, India.
Phone No. : +91 – 231 – 2601235 / 36, 2601595,
Fax No. : +91 – 231 – 2601238,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,
Website : www.dypatilunikop.org.