Important : In Persuance ro the order passed by The Hon’ble Supreme Court of India vide its order dated 9th May, 2016 in WP (C) No. 261 of 2016, Sankalp Charitable Trust & Anr. Vs. Union of India and Ors. and other related matters held that only National Eligibility cum Entrance Test ( NEET ) would enable students to get admission to MBBS or BDS studies.
In view of aforesaid Order of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, the MBBS ( Stage – 1 ) ( CET Code 103 ) held on 24th April, 2016 sands null & void and BDS ( CET 104 ) scheduled to be held on 14th May, 2016 stands cancelled.
GGSIPU CET MBBS 2016 Exam Pattern
I. Scheme of CET MBBS 2016 :
1. Both the Stages of the Common Entrance Test : 103 [ CET : MBBS 2016 ] will be of 3 hours duration and will have One Question Paper in English medium. This Question Paper shall have 200 objective type ( multiple choice ) questions from Physics, Chemistry, Botany & Zoology.
Each question will be provided with four alternative answers marked as ( 1 ), ( 2 ), ( 3 ) and ( 4 ). Out of these, only one correct or most appropriate answer should be selected and marked on the OMR answer sheet.
Each question shall carry 3 marks, which shall be awarded for each correct answer Each question will be provided with four alternative answers marked as ( 1 ), ( 2 ), ( 3 ) and ( 4 ). Out of these, only one correct or most appropriate answer should be selected and marked on the OMR answer sheet. Each question shall carry 3 marks, which shall be awarded for each correct answer.
2. There will be Negative Marking for incorrect answers. Incorrect answers will include both the ‘wrong answers’ as well as ‘more than one answer to a question’. 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
3. Candidates should bring a black ball point pen to the Examination Hall for writing / marking responses ( darkening the ovals ) on OMR answer sheet. Use of pencil is not allowed.
4. No requests for re – checking, re – evaluation, re – assessment or scrutiny of OMR answer sheet will be entertained.
5. For those who are unable to appear in the test on the scheduled date for any reason, retest will not be held by the University under any circumstances. No refund of fee is permissible.
The level of questions will be that of 12th class under the 10+2 Scheme / Intermediate Science. Syllabi for Physics, Chemistry and Biology ( Botany and Zoology ) shall be as specified by CBSE for class 11th and 12th under 10+2 scheme for students passing class 12th in the year 2016.
GGSIPU CET MBBS 2016 Selection Procedure
1. Criteria for Qualifying CET MBBS 2016 :
Based on the result of Common Entrance Test : CET Code 103 ( Stage – II ) [ CET : MBBS 2016 ], separate merit lists will be prepared for each category. As per the Medical Council of India Guidelines, the candidates for admission must have come in the merit list prepared as a result of competitive Common Entrance Test : CET Code 103 [ CET : MBBS 2016 ] ( Stage – II ) by securing not less than 50% marks for General Category Candidates and 40% in case of SC / ST Category Candidates, subject to availability of seats for these categories in respective institutions.
Accordingly, names of only those candidates who secure 50% or more marks ( 40% or more in case of SC / ST candidates ) in the Common Entrance Test : CODE 103 [ CET : MBBS 2016 ( Stage – II ) ] will be included in the merit lists.
2. Allotment of GGSIPU CET 2016 MBBS Seats :
- All seats will be field up on the basis of the merit of MBBS CET 2016.
3. Inter – Se Merit :
- In the case of a tie i.e. the candidates obtaining equal marks in the Common Entrance Test, the INTER – SE merit will be decided on their performance in the Common Entrance Test : CET Code 103 ( Stage – II only ) by first eliminating the marks secured in the Physics portion of the CET, and if there is still a tie then by eliminating the marks secured in the Chemistry portion of the CET and if there is still a tie then by eliminating the marks secured in the Botany portion of the CET. If a tie still exists, the candidate older in age will be preferred.