|JIPMER MBBS 2016 Question Papers Book + Question Bank CD -|
|Home Page||Application Form||Exam Pattern|
JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam 2016
Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education Research JIPMER Entrance Exam for admission to MBBS Course for the academic session 2016 – 2017.
JIPMER 2016 MBBS Course Duration
Duration of the MBBS course is 4 years and 6 months as per the Academic Calendar of JIPMER followed by ONE year of Compulsory Rotatory Internship for award of Degree.
JIPMER 2016 MBBS Seats Distribution
Number of seats to be filled for MBBS 2016 session at JIPMER CAMPUS PUDUCHERRY ( JCP ) is represented here under :
|(B)||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||28|
|(C)||Scheduled Caste (SC)||16|
|(D)||Scheduled Tribe (ST)||11|
|(F)||NRI / OCI (Under Self Financing Scheme)||5|
*P – UR – 23, P – OBC – 11 & P – SC – 6.
OPH – From the above seats, Four ( 04 ) are allotted to eligible OPH candidates on horizontal reservation basis.
- Total Number of UG Medical Seats 150.
- JIPMER 2016 MBBS Entrance Examination for 150 seats.
The number and distribution of seats may vary depending upon the periodic directives / decisions from Competent Authorities.
(i) The Applicant should be an Indian National.
(ii) He / She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December, 2016 the year of his / her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S., i.e. they should have been born on or before 01-01-2000. ( Request for relaxation from the prescribed age limit will not be considered for any category of applicants ). No upper age limit.
(iii) The applicants should have passed the qualifying examinations in the manner mentioned below :
- The Higher / Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher / Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio – technology ( which shall include practical tests in these subjects ) or any other elective with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education.
- The applicant must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio – technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio – technology at the qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination. For candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Classes / OPH the marks obtained in the Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio – technology taken together in the qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination is 40%.
- For OPH candidates in general category the minimum marks taken together in the qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination will be 45%.
- The Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination other than those mentioned in the list appended will have to submit an Eligibility Certificate before admission is finalized. Obtaining such an Eligibility Certificate from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi is essential for OCI / NRI for admission to JIPMER M.B.B.S. Course.
Note : JIPMER applicants who have appeared or will be appearing in the qualifying examination in March / April, 2016 and whose results have NOT yet been declared can also apply for admission, if other eligibility criteria (i) (ii) & (iii) are satisfied
Please note that issue of hall ticket for the Entrance Examination does NOT necessarily mean the acceptance of eligibility for candidates whose results of qualifying examinations are yet to be declared.