JIPMER 2020 MBBS Entrance Exam
Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education Research ( JIPMER ) invites admission Application for MBBS programs for the academic session 2020.
JIPMER 2020 MBBS Course Duration
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- The Applicant should be an Indian National / Overseas Citizen of India.
- He / She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December, 2020, the year of his / her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S., i.e. they should have been born on or before 1st January, 2003. ( Request for relaxation from the prescribed age limit will not be considered for any category of applicants ).
- No upper age limit.
The applicants should have passed the qualifying examinations in the manner mentioned below
- The Higher / Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher / Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology ( which shall include practical tests in these subjects ) or any other elective with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education.
- The Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination other than those mentioned will have to submit an Eligibility Certificate before admission is finalized. Obtaining such an Eligibility Certificate from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi is essential for OCI / NRI for admission to JIPMER M.B.B.S. Course.
- The applicant must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology at the qualifying examination.
- For candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Classes / OPH the minimum marks obtained in the Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology taken together in the qualifying examination is 50%.
- For OPH candidates in general category the minimum marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology taken together in the qualifying examination is 50%.
Note : Applicants who have appeared or will be appearing in the qualifying examination in March / April 2020 and whose results have NOT yet been declared can also apply for admission, if other eligibility criteria ( i ) ( ii ) & ( iii ) are satisfied.
Note that issue of hall ticket for the Entrance Examination does NOT necessarily mean the acceptance of eligibility for candidates whose results of qualifying examinations are yet to be declared.
JIPMER 2020 MBBS Seats Distribution
Common Entrance Examination for 200 Seats ( 150 seats at JIPMER, Puducherry + 50 seats at JIPMER, Karaikal ).
|Category||JIPMER Puducherry||JIPMER Karaikal||Total|
|General ( UR )||55||19||74|
|P - UR||22||9||31|
|P - OBC||10||3||13|
|P - SC||5||1||6|
|NRI / OCI||5||1||6|
*The notification of the Ministry of Law and Justice ( Legislative Department ), Government of India, New Delhi has published the notification of G.S.R.1167(E) “C.O.268”- CONSTITUTION ( PUDUCHERRY ) SCHEDULED TRIBES ORDER, 2020, dated December, 2020.
ORTHOPEDICALLY HANDICAPPED (OPH)
( 5% of the seats reserved horizontally to OPH candidates as per THE RIGHTS OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, 2020 )
|JIPMER Puducherry||JIPMER Karaikal||Total|
|P - OPH||2||-||2|
The number and distribution of seats may vary depending upon the periodic directives / decisions from Competent Authorities.
To know more about JIPMER MBBS Eligibility Click Here
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Entrance Exam Pattern
- The examination shall be conducted in ENGLISH medium ONLY.
- The questions for JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination 2020 will be based on the syllabus as prescribed by State Board Hr. Sec. and CBSE for XI & XII Standards.
- Candidates are advised to go through the Mock Test for computer based Test ( online examination ). Link for mock test is available on JIPMER’s Website JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination 2020 link.
- The Entrance Examination is common to all and consists of 200 single best response type MCQs having four alternatives and the questions will be asked from the following subjects.
- Duration of Examination is 2 1⁄2 hours ( Two Hours and Thirty Minutes )
The distribution of no. of question is as detailed below
|S.No||Subject||No. of Questions|
|4||English Language and Comprehension||10|
|5||Logical & Quantitative Reasoning||10|
To know more about JIPMER MBBS Exam Pattern Click Here
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Application Form
How to apply
- Candidates seeking admission to entrance examination are required to apply on-line mode only. ( Any other mode of application will not be accepted. )
- Log on to link in the Home page www.jipmer.puducherry.gov.in and navigate to the link “Apply on-line MBBS admission – 2020”.
- Read the prospectus and instruction carefully.
- The flow chart for filling application on – line given as Appendix in the Prospectus.
- The candidate should acquaint himself / herself with all requirements with regard to filling up the application on-line.
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Application Form Fee
Application fees for each category as mentioned below to be paid by the candidate using ANY ONE of the following mode of payment.
No other mode of payment will be accepted.
- Net Banking
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
|1||General ( UR ) & P -UR||₹ 1,500 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|2||OBC & P - OBC||₹ 1,500 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|3||SC / ST & P - SC / ST||₹ 1,200 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|4||NRI / OCI||₹ 3,000 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|5||OPH & P - OPH||Exempted From Application Fees|
Applications shall be rejected in the following situations
- Candidates who fail to fulfill the prescribed age limit for admission.
- Candidates who fail to obtain the minimum stipulated marks in the qualifying examination (Higher Secondary or + 2 ) ( vide prospectus page number 9 ).
- Candidates who have applied under Non-Creamy Layer OBC Category and whose sub-caste NOT listed in the current Central OBC List and who’s Certificate has NOT been submitted in the prescribed format from the Competent Authority.
- The candidates who have applied under SC / ST Categories WITHOUT valid Certificate as in the prescribed format from the Competent Authority.
- The Candidates who have applied under PUDUCHERRY status with NO valid proof as mentioned in the prospectus page number 8.
- Non submission of OCI Registration Certificate issued by Competent Authority.
JIPMER 2020 Hall Tickets
- Hall Tickets for the Entrance Examination shall be available for download to candidates whose applications are complete in all respects, from 03rd week of May, 2020 10.00 AM onwards.( Tentative )
- The Hall Ticket will contain
- Name and date of birth as typed by the candidate in the application
- Photo and signature image as uploaded by the candidate
- Examination City allotted and Roll Number.
- NO change in the category / age / name / DOB ( Date of Birth ) will be entertained after submission of application. The candidates in such case have to apply afresh before the closing date.
- Request for rectification / change of any other details in the hall ticket shall NOT be considered under any circumstance.
- Candidates will NOT be allowed to appear for the Entrance Examination unless he / she produce the hall ticket from the JIPMER website at the exam centres along with ID proof in original & a photocopy of the same.
To know more about JIPMER MBBS Application Form Click Here
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Exam Centres
- The examination centres are tentatively proposed in 75 cities all over India.
- Applicant can opt only for Three Exam Cities..
- The allotment of Exam City would be as per the order of preference clicked by applicant during on-line registration on a FIRST – CUM – FIRST served basis.
- Normally the first preference would be allotted. JIPMER, depending upon local conditions, reserves the right to allot any other Exam City other than the preferences given by the applicant.
- NO request for change of center would be considered under any circumstances.
- The Exam City preference is only indicative and subject to change; Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research retains the final decision on the same and its allotment.
- If seats for Entrance Exam are unavailable in the chosen 3 exam cities, nearby ( exam ) cities will be considered for venues.
- In case of any unforeseen circumstances the Exam City can be cancelled at any point of time and a new Exam City can be allotted en bloc with due intimation in website / text message.
Exam Cities for MBBS Entrance Examination 2020
|Sl. N0||Name of the State||Sl. No||Name of the City||Sl. No||Name of the State||Sl. No||Name of the City|
|9||Jammu and Kashmir||36||Jammu||72||Rourkela|
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Selection Process
- The response of the candidate for a question ( s ), on click of “submit button” before closing of examination shall be considered as the response chosen by the candidate.
- Questions that are answered will be considered as answered
- Marked for review” will be considered as not answered
- Each answer with correct response shall be awarded four marks.
- No marks will be deducted for incorrect response.
- Zero mark will be given for the question not answered.
In the case of two or more candidates securing equal marks in the entrance examination their inter se merit shall be determined as follows
- Negative Marks : Negative Marks:-The candidate who has less negative mark will be placed higher than that of the other candidate.
- Biology : If Negative Marks do not break the tie, higher Percentile scores in Biology will result in higher ranking.
- Chemistry : If Negative Marks & Biology Percentiles do not break the tie, higher Percentile scores in Chemistry will result in higher ranking
- Physics : If Biology and Chemistry Percentiles do not break the tie, higher Percentile scores in Physics will result in higher ranking
- English Language and Comprehension :- If Biology, Chemistry and Physics Percentiles do not break the tie, higher Percentile scores in English Language and Comprehension will result in higher ranking.
- Logical & Quantitative Reasoning :- If Biology, Chemistry, Physics and English Language and Comprehension Percentiles do not break the tie, higher Percentile scores in Logical & Quantitative Reasoning will result in higher ranking
- Age : If still the tie exist, the candidate elder by age will be ranked higher.
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Merit List
Merit Ranking would be based on percentile score after Normalization.
Merit List would be drawn category wise based on minimum percentile as given below
|Unreserved ( UR ) / OCI / NRI||50|
|Unreserved ( UR ) – OPH||45|
|SC / ST / OBC / - OPH||40|
- Candidates who secure less than the minimum percentile in the Entrance Examination will NOT be considered for admission and their names will NOT be included in the Merit List.
- Only those NRI / OCI candidates who opt for admission under Self Financing Scheme at the time of application itself will be considered for the merit list to 6 Seats for NRI / OCI status candidates.
- No E-Mail or Written communication will be entertained in this regard
Request for Change of Category / Status Submitted in the application shall NOT be entertained / considered under any circumstances. If any, Fresh application with another payment has to be made on-line before the last date of closing registration. It will be deemed that the application form is submitted with knowledge of the candidate only.
JIPMER MBSS 2020 Admission Process
- Admission to all candidates is based on the merit, category of the candidates, and the availability of seats at the time of counseling.
- All candidates should report on due date mentioned in their ” admission letter “, failing which, they will forfeit the right of admission. At any time, if the competent authorities find that admission has been offered based on false / incorrect information / documents and suppression of relevant facts, educational qualification or quota, the admission offered or the admission already completed shall be cancelled, irrespective of the stage of study of that course. Further, legal proceedings will also be initiated against such candidates for such action/(s). Hence, Candidates are warned against indulging in such action/ (s), in their own interest. All parents are also requested to make note of the above provision, and take due care and diligence, in all matters concerning admission to the courses.
- Normally no candidate, Indian or Foreign, will be admitted to the MBBS course beyond 30th September of the year of the admission. No candidate except foreign nationals will be admitted under any circumstances beyond 30th September of the year of admission.
- The candidates who are admitted after 30th September will be eligible for appearing in the First Professional Examination only with the next batch of students.
To know more about JIPMER MBBS Selection Procedure Click Here
JIPMER 2020 MBBS Results
JIPMER 2020 MBBS Exam Date
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Exam will be conducted on 02nd week of June, 2020.
JIPMER 2020 MBBS Result Date
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Results likely to be declared on 02nd week of June, 2020
Please keep watching this page, to check your JIPMER Results 2020…
To know more about JIPMER MBBS Results Click Here
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Counselling
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Counselling Process
- The candidate called for counselling have to report at venue site at the time on the date as stipulated in the Call Letter.
- Biometric finger print and image verifications of the candidate will be done on the day of counselling. If there is a mismatch, the candidate will NOT be permitted to attend the counseling apart from proceeding with legal action deemed fit by the Institution.
- The Candidate should submit the following certificates along with one set of self-attested copies.
- Original Hall ticket with the sign and seal of the centre Representative /Invigilator
- Rank Letter
- Proof of Date of Birth ( Birth Certificate or X Std. Certificate ).
- Pass Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Statement of marks of the qualifying examination.
- Character and Conduct Certificate from the Head of the Institute last studied.
- Residence Certificate issued by Revenue Authority not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- In case of Other Backward Classes / Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe, a Community Certificate,recently obtained from the competent authority – a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Other Backward Classes ( OBC ) candidates should produce the required certificate as per the format in the Annexure.
- Schedule Caste / Schedule Tribe ( SC / ST ) candidates should produce the required certificate as per the format
- Transfer Certificate from the Head of the Institution last studied.
- Migration Certificate
- In case of Puducherry residents, the Residence Certificate / Employer Certificate as required in the Prospectus.
- Medical Certificate in case of OPH Candidate.
- Six Passport size colour photographs recently taken.
- Non Resident Indian : Recent NRI Status certificate of the parent or candidate issued by the Indian Embassy of the respective Country with the Embassy seal.
- Overseas Citizen of India : Certificate of Registration for Overseas Citizen of India.
Note : If the certificates are in any other language, except in English, English Translation attested by a Gazetted Officer should be produced.
JIPMER 2020 First counselling
The first counselling for various categories will be in the following order and scheduled ( Tentative ) as detailed below
|S.No||Order of Category||Counselling Date ( Tentative )|
|1||OPH & P - OPH ( Medical Examination )||26th - 28th June, 2019|
|2||UR / OPH & P - OPH||26th - 28th June, 2019|
|3||OBC / SC / ST||26th - 28th June, 2019|
|4||Puducherry – UR / OBC / SC & NRI / OCI||26th - 28th June, 2019|
- In each category the total no. of candidate to be called for counseling will be 8 times the no. of seats available in each category.
- If a candidate has opted / chosen for JIPMER, Puducherry, he / she will not be allowed to change JIPMER, Karaikal & vice versa i.e. Sliding will not be allowed from JIPMER, Puducherry to JIPMER, Karaikal and vice versa. He / She will not be eligible for the second counseling.
- If a candidate who has not opted / chosen in the first counseling. He / She will be eligible to attend the second counseling.
JIPMER 2020 Second counselling
- Second counselling will be held, if seats are vacant, as per date given in the prospectus 4th week of July, 2020 ( Tentative Date )
- The dates and eligible candidates shall be notified in JIPMER website and no personal intimation will be sent.
- A candidate who is absent at the time of first counseling will forfeit his / her chance foradmission and will not be eligible for second counseling.
- A candidate who is present for the first counseling but does not opt / exercise option at his / her category rank will be eligible to attend second counseling.
- The order of the second counseling will be OPH / UR / OBC / SC / ST / Puducherry-UR / OBC / SC / ST & NRI / OCI ( Subject to availability of seats vacant )
- Any seat remaining vacant after the second counseling due to candidate‟s not opting / joining, will be available for the third counseling ( Tentative Date – 3rd week of August, 2020 ).
- Any seat remaining vacant after the third counseling due to candidate‟s not opting / joining, will be available for the final counseling ( Tentative Date – 4th week of September, 2020 ).
- In Final Counseling, All candidates who are eligible by the merit list can attend this finalcounseling irrespective of their previous attendance.
To know more about JIPMER MBBS Counselling Click Here
To know more about JIPMER MBBS Question Papers Click Here
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Important Dates
|1||Release of Online Application forms||06th March, 2019|
|2||Last date of online Application forms||12th April, 2019|
|3||Release of admit cards||03rd week of May, 2019 ( Tentative )|
|4||JIPMER 2019 MBBS Exam date||02nd June, 2019|
|5||Result of JIPMER 2019 MBBS Exam||02nd week of June, 2019 ( Tentative )|
|6||Counselling ( First Round )||26th – 28th June, 2019|
|7||Counselling ( Second Round )||24th July, 2019|
|8||Counselling ( Third Round )||21st August, 2019|
|9||Counselling ( Final Round )||26th September, 2019|
|10||Closing of admission||30th September, 2019|
Dhanvantri Nagar, Gorimedu,
Puducherry – 605 006.
Telephone No. : 0413 – 2298288 ( Direct Line ) ; 0413 – 2272380 : Extn : 8573
Fax No. : 0413 0413 –2272735, 2272066, 2272067
Toll Free Number : 18002660371,
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.jipmer.edu.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.