JIPMER 2021 MBBS Entrance Exam
Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education Research ( JIPMER ) invites admission Application for MBBS programs for the academic session 2021.
JIPMER 2021 MBBS Course Duration
JIPMER MBBS 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- The Applicant should be an Indian National / Overseas Citizen of India.
- He / She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December, 2021, the year of his / her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S., i.e. they should have been born on or before 1st January, 2002. ( Request for relaxation from the prescribed age limit will not be considered for any category of applicants ).
- No upper age limit.
The applicants should have passed the qualifying examinations in the manner mentioned below
- The Higher / Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher / Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology ( which shall include practical tests in these subjects ) or any other elective with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education.
- The Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination other than those mentioned will have to submit an Eligibility Certificate before admission is finalized. Obtaining such an Eligibility Certificate from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi is essential for OCI / NRI for admission to JIPMER M.B.B.S. Course.
- The applicant must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology at the qualifying examination.
- For candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Classes / OPH the minimum marks obtained in the Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology taken together in the qualifying examination is 50%.
- For OPH candidates in general category the minimum marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology taken together in the qualifying examination is 50%.
JIPMER 2021 MBBS Seats Distribution
Common Entrance Examination for 200 Seats ( 150 seats at JIPMER, Puducherry + 50 seats at JIPMER, Karaikal ).
|Category||JIPMER Puducherry||JIPMER Karaikal||Total|
|General ( UR )||55||19||74|
|P - UR||22||9||31|
|P - OBC||10||3||13|
|P - SC||5||1||6|
|NRI / OCI||5||1||6|
*The notification of the Ministry of Law and Justice ( Legislative Department ), Government of India, New Delhi has published the notification of G.S.R.1167(E) “C.O.268”- CONSTITUTION ( PUDUCHERRY ) SCHEDULED TRIBES ORDER, 2016, dated 22nd December, 2016.
ORTHOPEDICALLY HANDICAPPED (OPH)
( 5% of the seats reserved horizontally to OPH candidates as per THE RIGHTS OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, 2016 )
|JIPMER Puducherry||JIPMER Karaikal||Total|
|P - OPH||2||-||2|
The number and distribution of seats may vary depending upon the periodic directives / decisions from Competent Authorities.