JIPMER MBBS 2021 Selection Procedure
- The response of the candidae for a question ( s ), on click of “submit button” before closing of examination shall be considered as the response chosen by the candidate.
- Questions that are answered will be considered as answered
- Marked for review” will be considered as not answered
- Each answer with correct response shall be awarded four marks.
- No marks will be deducted for incorrect response.
- Zero mark will be given for the question not answered.
In the case of two or more candidates securing equal marks in the entrance examination their inter se merit shall be determined as follows
- Negative Marks : Negative Marks:-The candidate who has less negative mark will be placed higher than that of the other candidate.
- Biology : If Negative Marks do not break the tie, higher Percentile scores in Biology will result in higher ranking.
- Chemistry : If Negative Marks & Biology Percentiles do not break the tie, higher Percentile scores in Chemistry will result in higher ranking
- Physics : If Biology and Chemistry Percentiles do not break the tie, higher Percentile scores in Physics will result in higher ranking
- English Language and Comprehension :- If Biology, Chemistry and Physics Percentiles do not break the tie, higher Percentile scores in English Language and Comprehension will result in higher ranking.
- Logical & Quantitative Reasoning :- If Biology, Chemistry, Physics and English Language and Comprehension Percentiles do not break the tie, higher Percentile scores in Logical & Quantitative Reasoning will result in higher ranking
- Age : If still the tie exist, the candidate elder by age will be ranked higher.
JIPMER MBBS 2021 Merit List
Merit Ranking would be based on percentile score after Normalization.
Merit List would be drawn category wise based on minimum percentile as given below
|Unreserved ( UR ) / OCI / NRI||50|
|Unreserved ( UR ) – OPH||45|
|SC / ST / OBC / - OPH||40|
- Candidates who secure less than the minimum percentile in the Entrance Examination will NOT be considered for admission and their names will NOT be included in the Merit List.
- Only those NRI / OCI candidates who opt for admission under Self Financing Scheme at the time of application itself will be considered for the merit list to 6 Seats for NRI / OCI status candidates.
- No E-Mail or Written communication will be entertained in this regard
Request for Change of Category / Status Submitted in the application shall NOT be entertained / considered under any circumstances. If any, Fresh application with another payment has to be made on-line before the last date of closing registration. It will be deemed that the application form is submitted with knowledge of the candidate only.
JIPMER MBSS 2021 Admission Process
- Admission to all candidates is based on the merit, category of the candidates, and the availability of seats at the time of counseling.
- All candidates should report on due date mentioned in their ” admission letter “, failing which, they will forfeit the right of admission. At any time, if the competent authorities find that admission has been offered based on false / incorrect information / documents and suppression of relevant facts, educational qualification or quota, the admission offered or the admission already completed shall be cancelled, irrespective of the stage of study of that course. Further, legal proceedings will also be initiated against such candidates for such action/(s). Hence, Candidates are warned against indulging in such action/ (s), in their own interest. All parents are also requested to make note of the above provision, and take due care and diligence, in all matters concerning admission to the courses.
- Normally no candidate, Indian or Foreign, will be admitted to the MBBS course beyond 30th September of the year of the admission. No candidate except foreign nationals will be admitted under any circumstances beyond 30th September of the year of admission.
- The candidates who are admitted after 30th September will be eligible for appearing in the First Professional Examination only with the next batch of students.