JIPMER MD MS Entrance Exam 2021
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research invites applications from the eligible candidates for Admission to MD / MS Courses ( 3 Years ) for the January, 2021 Session.
JIPMER MD MS Course Duration
Duration of the MD / MS course is Three (3) years i.e 36 months from the date of admission
JIPMER 2021 Courses Offered
M.D. / M.S. Courses are offered in the following disciplines and the distribution of seats discipline wise is as under :
|S.No.||Disciplines||No. of Seats|
|For all Indian Nationals including OCI||For Indian candidates sponsored by Govt. ( Central / State / Sevices )||For Foreign National Candidates|
|5||Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology||3||0||0|
|9||Immuno Hematology & Blood Transfusion||1||1||0|
|2||Obstetrics & Gynaecology||8||1||1|
The number and distribution of seats are subject to variation depending upon the periodic directives /decisions from Competent Authorities. The seats falling vacant after final counseling of this session will not be carried forward to next session.
JIPMER PG 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Indian Nationals ( IN )
- Applicant must be an Indian National or Overseas Citizens of India ( OCI ).
Non-Resident Indians ( FN )
Non-Resident Indians candidates are required to route their application through the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi. All Non-Resident Indians will have to take prior permission from the Medical Council of India before applying for postgraduate Courses in the Institute. An advance copy of the application and copy of request to MCI must be submitted at JIPMER, Puducherry before the last date of receipt of applications. In the events of selection, the candidate has to apply for temporary registration with the medical council of India for the duration of postgraduate study.
- The candidates must possess MBBS or an equivalent Degree recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- A candidate must have completed the required period of 12 months compulsory rotating internship / Practical training on or before 30th June, 2021 [ *Candidates not completing the internship on or before 30th June, 2021 need not apply for July 2018 session. No condonation of Compulsory Rotating Internship beyond this date shall be accepted ].
Minimum Qualifying Marks :
- For all other categories including OBC Category 55% marks in aggregate
- For candidates belonging to the SC / ST Categories 50% marks in aggregate
- For OPH candidates the minimum aggregate as provided in ( i ) and ( ii ) for the category to which the candidate belongs shall apply.
- Candidates who have already done / completed MD / MS in any subject in any Institution are not eligible for admission to MD / MS course at JIPMER.
JIPMER PG 2021 Exam Pattern
- The examination shall be conducted in ENGLISH medium Only.
- The Entrance Examination is common to all and consists of 250 single best response type MCQs having four alternatives and the questions will be asked from the following subjects. and the distribution of no. of question is as detailed below :
|JIPMER MD MS Exam Pattern|
|Mode of Examination||Computer Based Test ( CBT ) [ Online ]|
|Duration of Examination||3 hours ( Three Hours )|
|Timing of Examination||Single Shift : 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM|
|Language of Paper||English|
|Type of Examination||Objective Type|
|Number of Questions||One Paper of 250 Questions|
|Type of Objective Questions||Multiple Choice Questions ( MCQs )|
|Distribution of Questions||Basic Clinical Science- 100 Questions
Clinical Science - 150 Questions
|Marking Scheme||Correct Answer : Four marks (+) 4
Incorrect Answer: Minus one (−) 1
Unanswered : 0
|Eligibility scoring ( Percentile )||UR / INST / OCI / NRI / Sponsored - 50
UR - OPH - 45
SC / ST / OBC - OPH – 40
|Method of determining merit||Percentiles Score|
|Method of Resolving Ties||In the Following order :
Less Negative Marks
High Aggregate Marks in Qualifying Examination
Seniority by age
JIPMER PG 2021 Online Application Form
- Candidates seeking admission to entrance examination are required to apply on-line mode only. ( Any other mode of application will not be accepted. )
- Log on to link in the Home page www.jipmer.puducherry.gov.in. and navigate to the link “Apply on-line MD / MS admission – January, 2020 Session ”.
- Read the prospectus and instruction carefully.
- The flow chart for filling application on-line in the Prospectus.
- The candidate should acquaint himself / herself with all requirements with regard to filling up the application on-line.
JIPMER PG 2021 Online Application Fee
Application fees for each category as mentioned below to be paid by the candidate using any one of the following mode of payment. No other mode of payment will be accepted.
- Net Banking
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
|General ( UR ) / Sponsored||₹ 1,600 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|OBC||₹ 1,600 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|SC / ST||₹ 1,200 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|NRI||₹ 3,000 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|OPH||Exempted From Application Fees|
- The applicant is advised to read the Prospectus carefully before starting online registration and ensure that no column is left blank.
- Candidates are advised to go through On-line application User Interface filling up the application.
- In the event of rejection of the on-line application form, no correspondence / request for re- consideration will be entertained. Fresh application with another payment has to be made on-line.
- Refund of application fee will NOT be entertained under any circumstances ( No refund of fee paid earlier will be done ) . The applicants are therefore required to exercise due caution while filling and making online payment.
- Once application is submitted, candidate alone is responsible for the correction of the uploaded data.
- The application once submitted is FINAL and NO request for change in any data filled by the applicant will be entertained at any stage.
- In case the candidate has found an error of entry committed by him / her in the application, a new application has to be submitted along with the prescribed fee. The earlier application will automatically stand cancelled.
- No E-Mail or Written communication will be entertained in this regard.
JIPMER PG 2021 Hall Tickets
- For the entrance examination shall be available for download to candidates whose applications are complete in all respects, from 10th November, 2020 11:00 AM onwards. ( tentative ) .
- The Hall Ticket will Contain :
- Name and Date of Birth As Typed By The Candidate In The Application
- Photo and Signature Image as Uploaded By The Candidate
- Examination City Allotted And Roll Number.
- No change in the category / age / name / DOB ( Date of Birth ) will be entertained after submission of application. The candidates in such case have to apply afresh before the closing date.
- Request for rectification / change of any other details in the hall ticket shall not be considered under any circumstance.
- Candidates will NOT be allowed to appear for the Entrance Examination unless he / she produce the hall ticket from the JIPMER website at the exam centres along with ID proof in original & a photocopy of the same.
JIPMER PG 2021 Exam Centers
The following 11 cities are tentatively proposed in India as the examination centres :
|S. No.||Exam city|
- Applicant can opt only for Three Exam Citys.
- The allotment of Exam City would be as per the order of preference clicked by applicant during on-line registration on a FIRST – CUM – FIRST served basis.
- Normally the first preference would be allotted. JIPMER, depending upon local conditions, reserves the right to allot any other Exam City other than the preferences given by the applicant.
- No request for change of center would be considered under any circumstances.
- The Exam City preference is only indicative and subject to change; Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research retains the final decision on the same and its allotment.
- In case, a city is cancelled due to non-availability of minimum number of candidates in that city, JIPMER shall do necessary re-allocation of candidates who have chosen that city.
- In case of any unforeseen circumstances the Exam City can be cancelled at any point of time and a new Exam City can be allotted en bloc with due intimation in website / text message.
JIPMER MD MS 2021 Results
JIPMER Exam Date
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research MD / MS Entrance Exam will be conducted on 2oth November, 2020.
JIPMER Result Date
JIPMER MD / MS 2020 Entrance Exam Results will be declared on or before 27th November, 2020
Please keep watching this page, to check your JIPMER MD MS Results 2020…
JIPMER MD MS 2021 Counselling
- The list of candidates who qualify for counseling should report at venue, date and time mentioned in the website at the time of declaration of results.
- Biometric finger print and image verifications of the candidate will be done on the day of counselling. If there is a mismatch, the candidate will NOT be permitted to attend the counseling apart from proceeding with legal action deemed fit by the Institution.
- The Candidate should submit the following certificates along with one set of self-attested copies.
- Original Hall Ticket with seal of the Invigilator
- Rank letter
- Proof of Registration as OCI ( in case of Overseas Citizen of India ( OCI ) ) .
- Certificate showing the date of birth.
- Residence certificate issued by Revenue Authority not below the rank of Tahsildar or AADHAR card or Voter ID or Passport copy.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Conduct Certificate obtained from the Institute last attended.
- Transfer Certificate obtained from the Institute last studied
- Migration Certificate obtained from the University last attended.
- MBBS degree or Provisional Pass certificate
- Permanent / Provisional Medical Registration Certificate. ( Permanent Medical Registration Certificate should be produced at the time of joining the course ) .
- Service candidate should produce NOC / Relieving Order and a certificate granting study leave with or without pay as the case may be
- Undertaking by the Candidate regarding his / her caste. ( format issued at the time of admission )
- Other Backward Classes ( OBC ) candidates should produce the required certificate as per the format in the Annexure II along with last three years Income Tax returns of the parents and designation, class group status of their Service if parent’s are employed in Govt. / Public / Sector / Banks / Corporations duly certified by their Head of Office .
- Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe certificate recently obtained from the competent authority – a Revenue Officer, not below the rank of Tahsildar as per the model form in the Annexure III of the Prospectus.
- Medical Certificate in case of Orthopedic Physically Challenged candidates.
- Certificate from the Institute last studied, stating that the degree obtained by him / her from that Institute is recognized by Medical Council of India.
- Passport size colour photo – 4 Nos.
- The detection of any discrepancy in the caste certificate shall entail cancellation of registration even after admission to the course. This is as per the provisions made by Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions vide their order No.36033 / 4 / 97-Estt. ( RES ) dated: 25 Jult, 2003 and No.36011 / 3 / 2005-Estt. ( RES ) dated: 09-9-2005 respectively. The name, designation and the seal of the officer should be legible in the certificate. Certificate from any other person / authority will not be accepted and no further correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
( The Original Certificates will be retained in the Academic Section and returned only after the candidate completes the course or if relieved in mid-way for any reason ).
If the candidates’ Biometric finger print, Image and Certificates are found in order, He / She is eligible to attend the counselling. It is mandatory for all candidates to be physically present i.e in person for counseling on the day.
No request for authorized representative on behalf of candidate will be entertained. If a candidate fails to come for counseling in person, he/ she will be marked as absent.
Adequate number of Candidates shall be called from eligible candidates from all the categories so that Roster Point is not blocked for lack of attendance.
Counseling ( including final counseling ) will be done according to the category rank ( UR / INST / OBC / SC / ST / OPH ) i.e as per the Roster Point allocation method. Production of all original certificates as per list vide prospectus is mandatory. Candidates without Original / Bonafide certificates shall not be entertained to participate in counseling.
JIPMER PG 2021 Important Dates
|1||On-line Registration from||29th September, 2020 .at 11.00 AM|
|2||On-line Registration closes on||12th October, 2020 . 5:00 PM|
|3||Download of Hall Ticket from JIPMER website www.jipmer.edu.in ( The Hall Tickets will be made available through Internet download ONLY and NOT by Post )||10th November, 2020.|
|4||Date & Time of Entrance Examination ( Single Shift – Online Mode Only )||20th November, 2020|
|5||Expected date of publication of Merit List||27th November, 2020|
Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research ( JIPMER ) ,
Dhanvantari Nagar, Gorimedu,
Puducherry – 605 006.
Telephone No. : ( 0413 ) 2272380 – 90, 18002660669 ( Toll Free )
Fax No. : 0413 –2272735, 2272066, 2272067
Email : : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.jipmer.edu.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.