Karnataka Post Graduate Entrance Test – Karnataka PGET 2019Medical Entrance Exam /
Karnataka PG Entrance Exam 2019
Karnataka Post Graduate Entrance Test – PGET 2019 is the test prescribed for the purpose of determining the eligibility for admission to MD / MS / Post Graduate Diploma Courses in Medical subjects for the State Quota seats in Karnataka Government Colleges and Institutions and Karnataka Government Quota seats in Private Medical Colleges / Institutions and Deemed Universities within the State of Karnataka for the academic year 2019 – 2020.
Karnataka PGET 2019 Exam Schedule
- The examination shall be based on NEET PG 2019.
- The Entrance Exam is conducted in multiple cities. The exact test centre and city shall be notified to the candidates by way of an admit card only.
- Candidates will be allocated test centers as per random selection option of the software. The admit card can be down loaded from the website using application number and date of birth only.
- Requests for Change of Centre are not Entertained once the candidate has been allotted his / her examination centre. Candidates are advised not to canvass for the same.
Karnataka PGET 2019 Eligibility
He / She is a citizen of India. He / She has studied and passed in the courses leading to the award of MBBS / BDS Degrees in colleges recognized by Medical Council of India / Dental Council of India, Government of India and affiliated to any University established by law in India and located in Karnataka State; or
Candidate must be of Karnataka origin who has studied MBBS / BDS degrees in colleges outside Karnataka recognized by Medical Council of India / Dental Council of India and Government of India and affiliated to any University established by law in India.
He / She has completed or is completing ‘Compulsory Rotating Internship’ on or before 31st March, 2019.
A candidate, who is already holding a Post‐Graduate degree in any specialty, shall not be eligible to appear for the online seat allotment counseling process for admission to any post Graduate Medical or Dental degree or Diploma Course.
A candidate, who is already holding a Post‐Graduate Diploma in any specialty, shall be eligible for post graduate degree course in the same Specialty & shall not be eligible for any other post graduate degree or diploma courses.
Must be less than 45 years of age for non service & 48 years for in‐service as on 31st March, 2019. Provided that the requirements shall not be applicable in the case of,
The children of serving or retired employees of All India Services, Karnataka cadre of the State Government who had served or are serving outside the State during the period the candidate had been studying from the first standard till the commencement of the first year of the course leading to the degree in the qualifying examination, to the extent of the period of such service outside the state.
Children of Central Government employees and employees of Central or State Government undertakings or Joint Sector working continuously in Karnataka for at least three years as on 31st March, 2019.
Children of Central Government employees and employees of Central or State Government undertakings or joint Sector undertakings working as on the 31st March, 2019 outside the state, where such employee had;
- Declared to the respective Government organization a place in Karnataka as his / her home town; and
- Studied for not less than 5 years between the 1st& 10th standard or equivalent examination in any educational institution in Karnataka run or recognized by the state Government.
The children of Members of Parliament elected from the Karnataka to the extent of period of being the Member of Parliament during the period of the child study in New Delhi. From the 1st standard to the qualifying examination during his tenure as Member of Parliament.
The Children of serving Defence personnel or Ex‐servicemen whose address at the time of joining the Defence Service is in Karnataka.
- Children for the purpose of the rule means natural born son / daughter and not adopted son / daughter and not grandson / granddaughter
- The candidates claiming any of the exemption specified above shall produce such certificate as specified by the committee for claiming such exemption.
The Karnataka Examinations Authority or the committee may from time to time specify for submission such other additional documents as deemed essential from all candidates through the application form or through a notification on their website.
Certificates To Be Produced
All candidates appearing for document verification should produce the following in Original Certificates along with one set of self attested copy of all the required documents at the time of document verification. The originals certificates will be verified and returned to the candidates.
- KEA PGET ‐ 2019 Registration form duly filled ( print out ) and paid Challan copy.
- Two Passport Size colour photographs ( photograph uploaded to the NBE examination )
- Photo Identity Proof ( PAN Card / Driving License / Voter ID / Passport / Aadhar Card / Ration Card )
- Admit card & Score Card issued by NBE for medical & Dental courses.
- SSLC or 10th Standard Marks Card ( For date of birth ).
- 2nd PUC or 12th standard Marks Card of the Candidate.
- Candidates Study Certificate: A study certificate from the Head of educational institution where he or she had studied. Further, School Study Certificates should be counter signed by the concerned Block Education Officer ( BEO ) / Deputy Director of Public Instructions ( DDPI ) COMPULSORILY in the proforma prescribed.
- MBBS / BDS marks card issued by Universities of all phases / years.
- Qualifying degree certificate. ( PDC will be accepted only for candidates who have passed MBBS / BDS during 2016 )
- Certificate of internship completion for candidates who have already completed internship.(Provisional internship completion certificate will be accepted for Candidates completing their internship by 31st March, 2019, only for 1st round of counseling ).
- State / Central Medical / Dental Council Registration Certificate. ( Candidates who have obtained their Primary Medical Qualification outside India and do not have SMC / MCI registration should bring their original screening test pass certificate issued on NBE letterhead ).Provisional registration certificate will be accepted only for document verification only for candidates who have passed MBBS / BDS during 2016, ( Prior to 2016, candidates should compulsory produce the original Registration certificate ) Permanent State / Central Medical / Dental Council Registration Certificate to be compulsorily submitted at the time of admission process.
- Attempt certificate for having completed the UG Degree issued by concerned college Principals.
Qualifying Criteria for PGET
The eligibility of candidates for admission shall be regulated by Karnataka Conduct of Entrance Test for Selection and Admission to Post Graduate Medical and Dental Degree and Diploma Courses Rules 2006 as amended from time to time and in July 2012, November 2013, December 2013 and January 2014, March 2016.
KEA is entrusted with document verification for determining the eligibility of the candidates as per the Rules and the allocation of seats as per the Online / Offline seat Allotment and Admission Procedure. The results of Medical & Dental published by National Board of Examination ( NBE ), New Delhi will be taken into consideration for preparation of rank list after verification of original documents and allotment of seats to all eligible Non‐In‐Service candidates and In‐Service candidates for the Karnataka State Quota PG Medical & Dental seats.
Candidates who obtain a minimum score in the PG Entrance Test conducted by National Board of Examinations, New Delhi as per category below shall be declared as “Qualified” in PGET 2019.
- >=50 percentile in PGET for “General Merit” candidates
- >=40 percentile in PGET for “Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe & OBC” candidates ( Karnataka )
- >= 45 percentile in PGET for Persons with Disability candidates with Locomotor Disability of lower limbs between 40% to 70% ( for Medical )
- Marks Secured in PGET ( 1st Order ) – Descending
- In case two or more candidates obtaining equal marks in the competitive entrance examination, their inter se merit will be determined according to age, older will get preference over younger. ( 2nd Order )
- If candidates have secured same marks in PGET then Total No. of Attempts
taken in UG ( 3rd Order ) – Ascending
- If candidates have secured same marks in PGET & same Total No. of attempts taken in UG then % of total marks secured in UG (4th Order) – Descending
- If candidates have secured same marks in PGET, same Total No. of attempts taken in UG & same % of total marks in UG then % of final year marks secured in UG ( 5th Order )
To know more about Karnataka PGET Eligibility Click Here
Karnataka PGET 2019 Exam Pattern
- The examination shall be a multiple choice questions test delivered using computer network.
- The test comprises of 200 Multiple Choices, single correct response questions in English language only.
- Negative marking : There shall be no negative marking.
To know more about Karnataka PGET Exam Pattern Click Here
Karnataka PGET 2019 Application Form
Candidates have to visit KEA Website www.kea.kar.nic.in and download the registration form for admission to PG Courses 2019. Fill all the details in the registration form and pay [rupee] 1000/- for General Merit ( [rupee] 500/- for SC / ST and Cat-I of Karnataka ) after downloading the bank challan. The final printout of the online application form and copy of the challan should be compulsorily submitted along with the other documents at the time of verification.
Karnataka PGET Online Fee Payment
Mode of Karnataka PGET Exam Fee Payment
The prescribed Karnataka PGET 2019 Registration Fee should be remitted through payment gateway provided using a Credit Card or a Debit Card issued by banks in India. The details of prescribed fee are as follows :
- Karnataka PGET Registration Fee for SC / ST / Persons with Disabilities ( PWD ) candidates : [rupee] 500/-
- Karnataka PGET Registration Fee for all other candidates : [rupee] 1000/-
Candidates remaining absent from the examination or ineligible will forfeit their examination fee. Candidates are advised to read the rule position carefully and satisfy the terms and conditions for fulfillment of Karnataka PGET Eligibility Criteria before proceeding for payment of fees.
Karnataka PGET 2019 Examination Fees shall neither be refunded nor carried forward if the application for PGET is rejected / candidature is found to be ineligible or candidate is unable to appear in the examination.
To know more about Karnataka PGET Application Form Click Here
Karnataka PGET 2019 Syllabus
- The syllabus for the Karnataka PG Medical Entrance Test shall comprise of subjects / knowledge areas as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by Medical Council of India with prior approval of Government of India.
- Indicative List of content areas as per the Graduate Medical Regulations ( MCI ) is available at the website of MCI www.mciindia.org.
- Karnataka PGET 2019 Syllabus : The syllabus, books and reference content will, ordinarily, be equal to the syllabus prescribed for MBBS under MCI Regulations.
Karnataka PG 2019 Results
Karnataka PGET Exam Date
Karnataka PGET for MD / MS / PG Diploma Admission : Based on NEET PG 2019.
Karnataka PGET Result Date
Karnataka PGET Entrance Exam Results has been declared
To know more about Karnataka PGET Results Click Here
Karnataka Examinations Authority,
Sampige Road, 18th Cross,
Bangalore – 560 012.
Telephone no : 080 – 23 460 460
Fax : 080 – 23461576
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.kea.kar.nic.in