MGIMS MBBS Entrance Exam 2017
Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences invites applications on prescribed form for admission to MBBS Course for academic year 2017 – 2018. The candidates shall be selected as per their merit in the Entrance Examination conducted by MGIMS.
MGIMS MBBS Eligibility 2017
The candidate must be an Indian National. However Non Resident Indian ( NRI ) will be eligible only under institutional quota seats ( including NRI Quota ).
NRI candidate will be eligible for institutional quota seat only, NRI Candidate will not be eligible for other seat.
OCI / PIO eligible
Domicile of Candidate : The Candidates must be Domicile of Maharashtra
The candidate must be born on or before 31st December 2000 to be eligible for all the courses except Ayurved, Homeopathy and Unani courses. However, for admission to Ayurved, Homeopathy and Unani courses, candidate must be born on or before 1st October 2000.
The Birth certificate indicating name of the candidate, Secondary School Certificate i.e. SSC or equivalent examination certificate or School Leaving Certificate endorsing the date of birth will constitute a valid proof.
The candidate must be medically fit and must submit a certificate of medical fitness at the time of Document Verification as per proforma.
The candidate must have passed the SSC or equivalent examination from an Institution situated in the state of Maharashtra.
The candidate must have passed the qualifying examination i.e. Higher Secondary Certificate ( HSC / 12th Standard ) or equivalent examination, from an Institution situated in the State of Maharashtra with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology ( Botany & Zoology ) at the time of admission.
Educational Qualification : A candidate belonging to Open Category must have obtained not less than 50% ( i.e. 150 out of 300 ) marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together at the HSC ( or equivalent ) Examination. A candidate belonging to constitutional reservation and constitutional reservation with Person with disability claim must have obtained not less than 40% ( i.e. 120 out of 300 ) marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together at the HSC ( or equivalent ) Examination.
Person with disability candidate in General category must secure not less than 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology ( PCB ) taken together at the HSC ( or equivalent ) Examination.
To know more about MGIMS Entrance Exam Click Here
MGIMS MBBS Application Form 2017
How to Apply
Interested and Eligible candidate may apply online through the website from 28th June, 2017. The Completed application form should be submitted on or before 10th July, 2017.
Admission processing Fee : The candidate desirous of admission through NEET UG 2017 in the State of Maharashtra will have to pay fee Rs. 1000/- as administrative charge. The Candidate shall Pay by Challan atSate Bank of India of Rs 1000/- + Rs. 60/- Bank Charges . This amount is not refundable.
The fee for the course should be paid at the respective college by Demand Draft from any Nationalised / Scheduled commercial Bank in favour of Dean / Principal of College, as applicable
MGIMS MBBS Admission Centre 2017
The Candidate will have to select any one centre for document verification, out of four centres in online registration. The four centres according to his / her online registration, where the candidate should report for
document verification are given bellow.
The candidate should report personally ( proxy not allowed ) to the respective centre, as per All India NEET UG Rank, for the Document Verification.
Name and address of Centre opted by the candidates during online registration for the document verification
|Centre||Name & Address of Centre|
|Mumbai||Grant Government Medical College, Sir J.J. Hospital Campus,
Byculla, Mumbai - 400 008
|Pune||B.J. Government Medical College, Pune|
|Aurangabad||Government Medical College, Aurangabad|
|Nagpur||Government Medical College, Nagpur|
To know more about MGIMS Application Form Click Here
MGIMS Selection Process 2017
The selection of the candidates will be made on the basis of preferences given by the candidates. Preferences ( Choice ) will be allowed to fill online to those candidate who appeared for document verification and found to be eligible. Seat allocation shall be made centrally at a later date on the basis of NEET UG 2017 merit in the State of Maharashtra, and preferences exercised by the candidates.
Selection Process shall be as follows :
- The candidate can fill online preference form multiple time before clicking submit button. Once submit button is clicked, then there is no provision to change the preference(s).These preference(s) will be used for 1st round and subsequent round(s) of selection / upgradation( if any ). Upgradation in subsequent round is compulsory.
- There shall be two or more rounds of selection of candidates depending on the availability of vacant seats. The selection will be on the basis of merit and the preferences submitted by the candidates. For second or subsequent round no separate online preferences will be filled by the candidate.
- The choices of courses and colleges, once entered online, shall be final and irrevocable. This final data shall be used in entire selection process for the admission to first year Health Science Courses for the academic year 2017 – 2018.
- The candidates may kindly note while filling the preference form, that NEET UG 2017 merit list will be operated from NEET UG 2017 Rank number 1 onwards in each round of selection. The candidate getting selected in previous round will be considered for betterment in the subsequent round.
- The betterment herein means the higher preference exercised by the candidate. The Shift in such betterment shall be compulsory and mandatory except for those who have filled ‘Status Retention Form.’ Such a candidate
who has filled Status Retention form will not be considered for any subsequent rounds of selection process for the year 2017-2018. The last date for filling Status Retention Form will be notified along with the selection
- After concluding the first round, for the further round(s) candidates who have been allotted seat(s) in the earlier round(s) and joined the course, as also the candidate(s) who have not been allotted any seat, will be eligible. In the subsequent round(s), betterment chance(s) will be given to the candidate(s) who have already been allotted seat(s). After selection in any round if a candidate failto join the college, he/she will be ineligible for the subsequent entire admission process.
- It is hereby made abundantly clear that shifting on account of a better choice given by a candidate in any round, will be effected only and only if such a candidate in the subsequent round(s) is found entitled for ‘change of course’ or a ‘change of college’. Mere possibility of a ‘change in category’ on account of availability of seat in the same college and/or same course in the further round(s) will not amount to “betterment” as such and therefore, no shifting will be effected in such an eventuality. Such a ‘change in category’ will include inter-alia change from reserved category to open category or viceversa.
- The shift in such betterment shall be compulsory and mandatory, except those who have filled Status Retention Form. Once a status retention is submitted then there is no provision to withdraw or cancel the status retention.
- Based on preferences given, the seat will be allotted on merit and the allotment will be displayed on website of State CET CELL “mahacet.org”& DMER i.e. “www.dmer.org”.
- Candidates as per allotment should report alongwith all original certificates and a set of attested photocopies of each document as per NEET UG 2017 brochure, at allotted college as per the schedule. The Dean / Principal should verify all the original documents before finalizing the admission.
- A candidate who is selected in first or subsequent round of selection process but does not join the college or cancels the admission after jointing, is not eligible for further selection process.
- All India surrender seat / Deemed University surrender seat / newly created seat : If these seats are available and are to be filled through State CET Cell, fresh preference(s)will be called from the eligible candidates at appropriate time.
- After conducting two or more rounds of seats for Government / private colleges, if seats remain vacant those seats will be filled in Mop-Up round. The details of Mop-Up round will be declares on the website in due course.
- Government of India ( DGHS ) will conduct two rounds for Medical / Dental Seats from Deemed University in the State of Maharashtra. After that remaining seats will be surrender to the State. The state Government will
conduct one round to fill these seats. After this the remaining Deemed University seats will be filled by respective institution as per NEET UG 2017 wait list. For all these seats surrender to State, candidate having non selection / Non admitted status in Central Government / State Government process will be held eligible.
While filling the seats for any college / Institution state quota seats ( 30% ) shall be filled first, followed by regional quota seats (70%). Within 30% state quota and 70% regional quota seats; specified reservation seats will be allotted first to the eligible
candidates of respective specified reservation category. The seats for the MKB shall be available as per state merit list only. The seats for Defence category shall be allotted region wise.
Vacancies under GOI Quota shall be filled in by 30% OPEN category.
Reserved Category Candidates – “Ear-Marking”: Reserve category candidate entitled to admission on the basis of merit in an open category seat will have the option of taking admission either against his / her respective category seat or on an open category seat. If he / she opts for the reserved category he / she will be deemed to have been admitted as an open category candidate and not as reserve category candidate. One seat in the college where he / she was eligible for admission against open seat shall be earmarked for a candidate belonging to the respective reserved category. Such earmarked seat will be made available immediately to the successive reserve category candidate from the same category merit during the counselling.”
A candidate who is selected but does not join the college within prescribe time limit or cancels the admission after joining, is not eligible for further selection process.
Seats that have arisen or fallen vacant after the first round shall be made available at the second round of selection on the basis of preference form already submitted. No new preference form will be required to be filled in for any subsequent round(s).
The inter-se round will be conducted for remaining vacant seats from the category as per rule of this Brochure, if necessary at the end of each round.
The Cut-Off-date for all courses, will be as declared by the respective councils.
Selection shown on the official website will only be considered as valid, selection letter given to candidate by unknown person / agency or available on unauthentic website will not be treated as valid. Candidates should not believe in such false / fake selection letter.
MGIMS MBBS Results 2017
MGIMS MBBS Exam Date
Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences 2017 MBBS Entrance Exam : Based on NEET UG 2017.
MGIMS MBBS Result Date
MGIMS MBBS Results has been declared
To know more about MGIMS Results Click Here
MGIMS MBBS Important Dates 2017
|1||Declaration of NEET UG 2017 expected date for Result||26th June, 2017|
|2||Online Registration / Application form||28th June, 2017 to 10th July, 2017 up to 5:00 PM|
|3||Publication of Provisional Merit list||12th July, 2017|
|4||Document Verification at 4 Centre||14th July, 2017 onwards|
|5||Publication of Revised Provisional merit list||24th July, 2017|
|6||Online Preferences ( Choices ) Filling from||24th July, 2017 to 27th July, 2017|
|7||Declaration of the list of selected candidates of the first round||Will be declared later|
|8||Last date of joining to the respective college for the|
|Will be declared later|
|9||Commencement of Academic session||1st August, 2017|
|10||Declaration of the list of selected candidates of the|
|Will be declared later on website www.dmer.org|
|11||Last date of joining to the respective college for the
|12||Declaration of the list of selected candidate for dropout
|13||Last date of joining to the respective colleges for
dropout seats round
|14||Cut-off-date of admission process for MBBS & BDS as|
per W.P No(c) 76 of 2015 order dated 18th January, 2016
|31st August, 2017|
To know more about MGIMS Question Paper Click Here