MGM PG CET 2016 Entrance Exam
MGM Institute of Health Sciences,
( Deemed University u/s 3 of UGC Act, 1956 ),
Sector – 1, Kamothe, Navi Mumbai – 410 209,
Telephone No. : 022 – 27432471, 022 – 27432994,
Fax No. : 022 – 27431094,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.mgmuhs.com.
MGM Institute of Health Sciences applications are invited from eligible candidates for admissions to Post Graduate Courses in Medical ( MD / MS / PG Diploma ) for the year ( 2016 – 2017 ).
MGM PG CET 2016 Exam Date
|MGM PGCET 2016 Exam Date : 12th December, 2015 ( Saturday ); 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M.|
MGM Post Graduate Courses List
|D.M. / M.Ch. Super Speciality Courses ( 3 Years )||D.M. : Cardiology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Neurology, Nephrology, Medical Oncology, Neonatology, Clinical Hematology, Hamatopathology, Neuro - Radiology, Neuro - Anaesthesiology, Pediatric Neurology, Clinical Pharmacology, Pulmonary Medicine & Sleep Disorders.|
M.Ch. : C.T.V.S, Neuro - Surgery, G.I. Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, Urology, Surgical Oncology.
A Candidate must possess a degree in MD / MS or DNB from a University recognized by the MCI in the respective discipline as mentioned hereunder.
For D.M. in Cardiology, Endocrinology, Nephrology, Neurology, Medical Oncology and Clinical Hematology a candidate must possess M.D. in Medicine / Pediatrics of this Institute or any other University recognized by the MCI.
For DM in Gastroenterology, a candidate must possess M.D. in Medicine of this Institute or any other University recognized by the MCI.
For DM in Hematopathology, a candidate must possess M.D. in Pathology / Lab. Medicine of this Institute or any other University recognized by the MCI.
For D.M. in Neuro - Radiology, a candidate must possess M.D. in Radiodiagnosis of this Institute or any other University recognized by the MCI.
For D.M. in Neuro - Anaesthesiology, a candidate must possess M.D. in Anaesthesiology of this Institute or any other University recognized by the MCI.
For D.M. in Neonatology and Pediatric Neurology, a candidate must possess M.D. in Pediatrics of this Institute or any other University recognized by the MCI.
For DM in Clinical Pharmacology, a candidate must possess M.D. in Medicine / Pharmacology / Pediatrics of this Institute or any other University recognized by the MCI.
For DM in Pulmonary Medicine & Sleep Disorders, a candidate must possess M.D. in Medicine or any other equivalent degree recognized by the MCI.
A candidate must possess M.S. degree in Surgery of this Institute or any other University recognized by the MCI.
For M.Ch in Surgical Oncology, a candidate must possess M.S. Degree in Surgery / ENT of this Institute or any other University recognized by the MCI.
Age limit :
35 years as on 1st July 2013 relaxable in case of SC / ST candidates by a maximum of 5 years and for OBC Candidates 3 years. The upper age limit is not applicable to sponsored candidates.
|Stage I : Written test carrying 80 marks of 90 minutes duration in the subject the candidate has applied for. The question paper will consist of 50 Theory based Multiple Choice Questions ( MCQs ) and 30 clinical/practical/lab based Short Answer Questions ( SAQs ) / MCQs. Each correct ( MCQ )
answer will be awarded 1 mark and each wrong ( MCQ ) answer will be awarded one-third ( -1/3 ) negative mark. More than one answer will be treated as wrong answer and awarded negative mark. Zero mark will be given for questions not answered.
Stage II : Out of the candidates who secured 50% marks or above in the written test (Stage-I), candidates 3 times the number of seats advertised will be called for departmental clinical / practical / lab based assessment ( carrying 20 marks ) on the fourth day.
Note : I) The result of stage-I will be displayed on the Notice Board of the Examination Section, AIIMS. No individual intimation will be sent. II) Candidates who fail to attend any of the two stages mentioned above will not be eligible for admission.
|MHA - Master in Hospital |
For Medical Graduates : A minimum of 2 academic years.
For Non - medical Graduates : A minimum of 3 Academic years
|For Medical Graduates : (1) The candidate must possess MBBS or an equivalent degree with a minimum experience of three years in a hospital in the relevant field or five years in general practice. A certificate issued by the District Magistrate in support of the general practice claimed should be enclosed with the application. (2) The candidate must have obtained a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate in all MBBS professional examinations for other category including OBC category and 50% for candidate belonging to SCs / STs.
For Non-medical Graduates : (1) Non-medical graduate will only be considered for Sponsored seats. (2) A candidate must possess Bachelor\'s Degree of a recognised University in Arts or Science or Nursing or Business Administration or Commerce or Engineering or any technical subject with at least 60% marks. (3) A minimum experience of having held a responsible administrative position for a period of not less than seven years is essential.
|PhD||Anatomy, Biophysics, Biotechnology, Biostatistics, Biochemistry, Center For Community Medicine, Dermatology & Venereology, Forensic Medicine & Toxicology, Geriatric Medicine, Hematology, Lab. Medicine, Lab. Oncology (I.R.C.H.), Medicine, Microbiology, Neurology, Medical Technology JPNATC, Neuro - Surgery JPNATC, NMR, Obst. & Gynecology, Ocular Microbiology DR. RPC, Ocular Pharmacology, DR. RPC, Pathology, Paediatrics ( Genetics / Basic Sciences ), Paediatrics ( Clinical / Epidemiology ), Paediatric Surgery, Physiology, Psychiatry, Psychiatry ( Cl. Psychology ), Pharmacology, Pulmonary Medicine & Sleep Disorders, Reproductive Biology, Transplant Immunology & Immunogenetics, Gastroenterology & HNU||A degree of Master of Sciences or Master\'s degree in any subject allied to Bio Medical Sciences or Master\'s Degree in Nursing with at least 60% marks or Master of Surgery or Doctor of Medicine or an equivalent degree or Diplomat of the National Board of Examinations. ( OR ) |
MBBS degree with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in the professional examinations.
The Candidates who are likely to complete requisite qualification and degree by 30th July, 2013 may also apply. However, the candidates who are completing their requisite qualification after 30th July, 2013 are not eligible to take up this examination.
Candidates working in Central Govt./ Semi-Govt./Autonomous Organizations should submit their Applications ( Downloaded copy of Registration Slip) through proper channel i.e. employer. They will be required to submit a \'No Objection Certificate\' from their employer before they are allowed to take the entrance examination of Ph.D. Course at AIIMS.
Applicants from AIIMS Faculty / Scientific Staff for Ph. D. registration will be considered as inservice candidates as per guidelines laid down by AIIMS in this regard.
A candidate is allowed to submit application for one speciality / department only.
|Stage I : Written test carrying 80 marks of 90 minutes duration in the subject the candidate has applied for. The question paper will consist of 50 Theory based Multiple Choice Questions ( MCQs ) and 30 Clinical / Practical / Lab based Short Answer Questions ( SAQs ) / MCQs. Each correct ( MCQ ) answer will be awarded 1 mark and each wrong ( MCQ ) answer will be awarded one-third (-1/3) negative mark. More than one answer will be treated as wrong answer and awarded negative mark. Zero mark will be given for questions not answered.
Stage II : Out of the candidates who secured 50% marks or above in the written test ( Stage-I ), candidates 3 times the number of seats advertised will be called for departmental Clinical / Practical / Lab based assessment ( carrying 20 marks ) on the fourth day.
|M.D./ M.S. & M.D.S.||Clinical Sciences :|
Anaesthesiology, Community Medicine, Dermatology & Venereology, Emergency Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, Obst. & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Otorhinolaryngology, Paediatrics, Psychiatry, Radio Diagnosis, Radiotherapy, Surgery, Phy. Med. & Rehabilitation
Basic Clinical Sciences :
Anatomy, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Forensic Medicine, Lab. Medicine, Microbiology, Pathology, Pharmacology, Physiology
Conservative Dentistry, Orthodontics, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Prosthodontics
|A candidate must possess MBBS degree for MD / MS and BDS degree for MDS courses of a University recognized by the Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India and must have completed the required period of 12 months compulsory rotating internship / Practical training on or before 30th July, 2013. ( As per DCI endorsement No.DE-130-2011/B-4978, date 13.12.2011, candidature of 2007 - 2008 batch onwards will be as per DCI Revised BDS Course ( 4th|
Amendment ) Regulation-2011 published in Gazettee notification ( Extraordinary ) Part-III, Section-4, dated 9.12.2011. The candidate who complete their internship after 30th July, 2013 are not eligible to take up this examination.
The candidate must have obtained a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate in all the MBBS / BDS professional examinations for other category including OBC category and 50% for candidate belonging to SCs / STs.
|Selection will be made entirely on the basis of merit in the entrance examination and the choice of subject will be allocated on the basis of personal counseling. The entrance test for MD / MS will consist of one paper of 3 hours duration containing 200 multiple choice questions covering all the subjects taught at MBBS level. For MDS, the duration of paper will be 90 minutes containing 90 multiple choice questions covering all the subjects taught at BDS level. There is 1/3 negative marking for wrong answers in the test.|
|M.Ch ( 6 Years course )||Neuro Surgery, Paediatric Surgery||The candidate must possess MBBS degree and have completed the required period of one year compulsory Internship. He/she must have obtained at least 55% marks in aggregate in all the MBBS professional examinations. The eligibility criteria are same as specified for MD / MS ( 3 years ) courses.||The method of selection and other terms & conditions for these candidates will be the same as for MD / MS courses.|
MGM PG CET Reservation Seats will be distributed as per directions of Hon’ble Apex Court.
|04th May, 2015|
to 12th May, 2015
|Verification of Documents for Agriculturist at the respective Practical Test Centres|
MGM PGCET 2016 Eligibility
- A candidate should have passed final MBBS Examination from a recognized Medical College or any foreign medical degree, recognized from Medical Council of India and have obtained permanent registration certificate from Medical Council of India or any of the State Medical Council after completing one year compulsory rotator Internship shall be eligible to appear in MGM PGCET 2016 of MGMHIS.
- The candidates who are likely to complete their internship on or before 31st March, 2016 are also eligible to appear in MGM PGCET 2016 provided they should submit documentary proof from their Principals / Dean of the college regarding the likely date of completion of internship.
- The candidate must produce documentary evidence for registration with Medical Council of India or any of the State Medical Council at the time of counseling for admission.
- The candidate should obtain minimum 50 percent marks MGM PGCET 2016 become eligible for admission to Post Graduate Courses.
- Candidates who are previously registered and pursuing / completed the PG Course are not eligible for appearing at MGM PG 2016 who has completed or pursuing PG Diploma is eligible to appear for MGM PGCET 2016 for PG Degree in the same subject only.
- The candidate applying for Foreign / PIO / NRI category need not appear for MGM PG 2016. Their admission will be based on qualifying examination marks.
- The candidates who are likely to complete their compulsory rotatory internship after 31st March, 2016 considered for admission to the postgraduate course of MGMHIS.
- The Candidate who have passed their MBBS Examination from Medical College which are not recognized from Medical Council of India shall not be eligible.
MGM PGCET 2016 Exam Centers
- MGM PG CET 2016 will be conducted on 12th December, 2015 ( Saturday ) between 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M.at following centres :
- Mumbai ( Code : 1 )
- Aurangabad ( Code : 2 )
- Noida ( Code : 3 )
- The detail addresses of examination centers will be available on website / Hall Ticket. The students are advised to visit our website : www.mgmuhs.com regularly for updated information pertaining MGM PG CET 2016.
MGM PG CET 2016 Exam Pattern
- MGM PG CET examination will be conducted in English Medium.
- MGM PG CET Examination paper will be of 3 hours duration containing 300 multiple choice questions ( MCQ ). Each questions will be of single best response objective type with four answer options. Each correct response shall be awarded one mark. There shall be No Negative Marking for wrong answer. Candidate should completely darken one and the only one best response ( oval ).
- Candidate should not use any other method for answering i.e. Half circle, dot, tick mark, cross etc. This may not be read by the scanner. Answer sheet of each candidate will be evaluated by computerized scanning method only ( Optical Mark Reader ). There will not be any manual checking during evaluation and verification.
- The MGM PG Common Entrance Test shall be of the standard of MBBS Examination and shall cover all the subjects of MBBS Course.
- The tentative number of questions of each subject will be as given below :
|Andhra Pradesh||Vijayawada / Guntur||S1-AP01||Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal||W2-MP01|
|Assam||Guwahati||E1-AS01||Maharashtra||Mumbai /Thane /|
|Chhattisgarh||Raipur / Bhilai / Durg||W2-CG01||Odisha||Bhubaneswar||E2-OD01|
|Delhi-NCR||Delhi NCR||N1-DL00||Punjab||Mohali / Ropar /|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu||N1-JK01||Telangana||Hyderabad /|
|Kerala||Ernakulam / Cochin||S2-KL01||Uttrakhand||Dehradun||E1-UK01|
|Thiruvananthapuram||S2-KL02||West Bengal||Kolkata / Hoogly /|