Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences – MGPGI Entrance Exam 2013
MGPGI Entrance Exam 2013
Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences,
Government of Puducherry Institution,
Pondicherry – 605 006.
Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences invites application for admission to the BDS Courses.
The sanctioned intake for the under graduate ( BDS ) course is 40 seats under the following categories.
- Puducherry Domicile – 29
- Non – Resident Indians / NRI Sponsored / Foreign students – 5
- All India Quota – 6
The selection of the candidates under the Puducherry domicile category is made purely on merit basis by the Centralized Admissions Committee ( CENTAC ), Government of Puducherry based on the marks arrived at by adopting the ‘method of normalization’.
The seats allotted under the All India Quota are filled in by the candidates sponsored by the Director General of Health Services ( DGHS ), Government of India through the Entrance Examination conducted on All India basis.
The admission under the NRI / NRI sponsored / Foreign students are made on merit basis adopting the ‘method of normalization’. The duration of the BDS course is five ( 5 ) academic years including one year Internship.
The BDS degree is awarded by the Pondicherry ( Central ) University after successful completion of the course.
MGPGI BDS Admission Procedure 2013
(a) Basic Requirements for Admission:-
1. Five seats ( 5 ) of the BDS Course at Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences ( MGPGI ) are permitted to be filled in by Non-Resident Indians / NRI sponsored / Foreign students for the academic year ( 2013 – 2014 ).
2. Admissions under the above mentioned category are made to the I year BDS course based on the marks obtained by the student in HSC Biology Botany & Zoology, Physics and Chemistry including practicals. When more than one candidate have got the same marks in the common merit list ( i.e. the merit list prepared after merginge normalized marks of candidates from various Boards), the ‘inter-semerit’ among such candidates, for each course shall be determined “in the order of priority” as specified below :
- Percentage of actual marks in Biology / Botany & Zoology.
- Percentage of actual marks in Physics.
- Percentage of actual marks in Chemistry.
- Total normalized marks’ of all eligible subjects prescribed for the course.
- Date of Birth.
3. The fee of the application form is 2000/- or equivalent in US Dollars by Demand Draft only.
4. All payments shall be made by crossed Demand Draft only, drawn in favour of “DEAN, MAHATMA GANDHI POSTGRADAUTE INSTITUTE OF DENTAL SCIENCES, PUDUCHERRY”PAYABLE AT STATE BANK OF INDIA, PUDUCHERRY.
5. The admission fee shall be US $18,000.00 and amount should be paid in US $ by Demand Draft only. Besides, the admission fee, annual tuition fee of 1.00 lakh ( Rupees one lakh only ) is payable every year. The admission Fee as well as annual tuition fee should be paid immediately when the candidate is selected for admission.
6. University Recognition fee / Examination fee / Development fee and Sports fee or any such other fee prescribed by the Pondicherry Centralniversity shall be borne by the student.
7. If any candidate fails to join the course or discontinues the course at any time, the fees once paid shall not be refunded in any case and they will get their certificates back only after paying the fees for the remaining part of the course.
8. Candidates should have completed 17 years of age as on 31-12-2013. No upper age limit is prescribed.
9. Candidates for admission to the BDS degree course under NRI / NRI Sponsored / Foreign Students should have a pass in the Higher Secondary examination ( Academic ) conducted by the Board of Higher Secondary Examination of any State Board i.e. 12th standard or any other equivalent examination thereto as recognized by the Pondicherry Central University, candidate for admission to BDS course must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the qualifying examination. NRI / NRI Sponsored / Foreign Students shall be treatedas general category only.
10. The following certificates shall be submitted alongwith the application for admission.
- Birth Certificates / SSLC Marklist / Proof of Date of Birth.
- Higher Secondary Marklist / XII Marklist.
- Transfer Certificate issued by the Institution last studied.
- Foreign students should hold / produce valid visa obtained from the concerned Indian Mission abroad.
- Caste certificate from the Competent authority obtained or after 01.04.2013.
- Xerox copy of NRI Status Certificate of the Financial Supporter issued by the embassy of respective country under their seal.
- NRI Bank Account Pass Book of the financial supporter.
- Passport of the Financial Supporter.
- Nativity Certificate of Financial Supporter.
11. The application in the prescribed form complete in all respects alongwith copies of all certificates / documents should reach the following address on or before 29th June, 2013 by 1.00 pm.
The office of the Director,
Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences,
Indira Nagar, Puducherry – 605 006.
12. Applications which are incomplete, defective or received after the due date shall summarily be rejected and no correspondence shall be entertainedn this regard.
13. It would be convenient if the candidates arrange themselves to receive any communication by post in India.
14. Foreign National ( students ) shall follow the directions issued by the Government of India from time to time wherever applicable to them.
15. Candidates provisionally selected for admission shall be intimated under certificate of posting. No communications shall be sent to the applicant not selected and no correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
16. The candidates who are provisionally selected should bring all certificates / documents in original at the time of admission, failing which the provisional admission offered shall be cancelled.all have no cause for grievance. Candidates are advised to take enough numbers of photocopies of the documents before submitting the original documents to this institution.
17. All admissions made are provisional and subject to the approval of the Pondicherry Central University.
18. The candidates may be called for counseling if necessary. Having been called for admission / counseling does not necessarily means acceptance of eligibility for admission.
19. Candidates who are provisionally selected for admission should themselves get medically examined by the Medical Board, Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences, Puducherry and produce a Medical Fitness Certificate in original at the time of admission.
20. The classes for I BDS Course shall commence from 2nd week of August 2013 ( subject to change ).
21. The Institute has excellent hostel facilities for boys and girls separately. Hostel accommodation will be subject to availability of accommodation for which Hostel fees shall be paid separately.
22. Any further details about the Institution can be obtained from the institute website : http://mgpgi.puducherry.gov.in.
- Candidates shall themselves ensure that they are eligible for the admission before the application is submitted. The admission of any candidate not possessing he required and recognized qualification either based on false certificates or by oversight shall be liable to be cancelled and the candidate shall have no cause for grievance.
MGPGI BDS Important Dates 2013
- Last date for submission of filled in application : 29th June, 2013.
- BDS Course commences on : 2nd week of August, 2013 ( Subject to change ).
MGPGI Related : MGPGI Dental Entrance Exam 2013, MGPGI BDS 2013 Exam Date, MGPGI BDS Exam Schedule 2013, Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences – MGPGI Entrance Exam 2013, MGPGI BDS 2013 Notification, MGPGI BDS Seats 2013, MGPGI Dental Seats Reservation 2013, Availability of MGPGI Dental Seats 2013, MGPGI BDS 2013 Eligibility Criteria, MGPGI Dental Entrance Eligibility Details 2013, MGPGI BDS 2013 Admission Procedure, MGPGI Dental Entrance Admission Procedure 2013, MGPGI BDS 2013 Application Form, MGPGI BDS Application Last Date 2013, MGPGI BDS 2013 Application Submission, MGPGI BDS Entrance Form Status 2013, MGPGI Dental Entrance Form Procedure 2013, MGPGI BDS Entrance Fee Payment Challan 2013, MGPGI BDS Entrance Demand Draft Challan 2013, MGPGI UG Dental Entrance Exam 2013, MGPGI UG Dental Exam Date 2013, MGPGI UG Dental 2013 Application Form, MGPGI BDS Entrance Test 2013, MGPGI BDS 2013 Test Date, MGPGI BDS Entrance Test Application Form 2013, Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences Entrance Exam 2013 ,
MGPGI Entrance Exam 2013 Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences, Government of Puducherry Institution, Pondicherry – 605 006. Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences invites application for admission to the BDS Courses. The sanctioned intake for the under … Continue reading
Posted In medical entrance exam : mgpgi : Leave a response for mahatma gandhi postgraduate institute of dental sciences – mgpgi entrance exam 2013 by sandhiya