MH SSET Entrance Exam 2016
Government of Maharashtra has been conducting Superspeciality Entrance Examination – MH SSET 2016 since 1990. The merit list of this entrance examination ( MH SSET 2016 ) will be utilized for selection of candidates for admission to all DM & MCh Superspeciality Courses at the Medical colleges / Institutions in the state of Maharashtra in the academic year 2016 – 2017.
Maharashtra Superspeciality 2016 Entrance Exam Details
- No candidate will be allowed to appear for the examination unless he / she holds downloaded an Admit Card and Photo ID proof as mentioned.
- The MH SSET 2016 DM MCh Entrance Examination will be conducted on 20th June, 2016 ( Monday ).
- All eligible candidates are required to take MH SSET 2016 at their own cost.
To know more about MH SSET Entrance Exam Details Click Here
MH SSET 2016 Eligibility Criteria
A candidate will be eligible for MH SSET 2016 and for selection / admission to a course in Superspeciality if fulfills following conditions.
1. The candidate must be an Indian National.
2. The candidate must possess recognized postgraduate degree MD / MS or its equivalent from a medical college recognized by MCI. Candidates who have appeared MD / MS or equivalent examinations are also eligible to submit application forms. However, they will be considered for selection, on production of passing certificate of postgraduation degree on the date of preference form filling and counseling process.
3. A permanent MCI / Maharashtra Medical Council ( MMC ) / any other state council registration is a precondition for appearing for MH SSET.
4. The minimum percentage of marks secured by the candidates in the MH SSET 2016 for the purpose of eligibility for admission to Superspeciality courses shall be 50% for all the candidates.
5. A candidate who has already acquired a Superspeciality degree course in any one discipline and who has already completed the course is not eligible to apply for any other discipline.
6. Candidate who is presently under going Superspeciality course in one discipline is not eligible to apply for any other discipline.
Following table shows the prerequisite qualifications for DM / MCh courses :
|S.No||Name of the Course||Required Qualifications|
|DM Course||Prerequisite Qualification(s)|
|1||DM Cardiology||MD (Medicine) / MD (Pediatrics) / MD (Respiratory Medicine*)|
|2||DM Clinical Haematology||MD (Biochemistry) / MD (Medicine)/ MD (Paediatrics) / MD (Pathology)|
|3||DM Clinical Pharmacology||MD (Pharmacology)|
|4||DM Endocrinology||MD (Medicine) / MD (Paediatrics)|
|5||DM Medical Gastroenterology||MD (Medicine)|
|6||DM Neonatology||MD (Paediatrics)|
|7||DM Nephrology||MD (Medicine) / MD (Paediatrics)|
|8||DM Neurology||MD (Medicine) / MD (Paediatrics)|
|9||DM Cardiac Anaesthesia||MD Anaesthesia|
|10||DM Paediatric Anaesthesia||MD Anaesthesia|
|M.Ch. Course||Prerequisite Qualification(s)|
|1||M.Ch. Cardiovascular Thoracic Surgery (CVTS)||MS (Surgery)|
|2||M.Ch. Urology||MS (Surgery)|
|3||M.Ch. Neuro Surgery||MS (Surgery)|
|4||M.Ch. Paediatric Surgery||MS (Surgery)|
|5||M.Ch. Plastic Surgery||MS (Surgery)|
* MD ( Respiratory Medicine ) includes Tuberculosis & Respiratory Medicine and / or Pulmonary Medicine and / or TB & Chest Diseases.
7. The candidate must be medically fit.
8. The candidate having other state’s Medical Council registration should register with Maharashtra Medical Council ( MMC ) / MCI after selection and joining to Superspeciality course and its proof should be submitted within a period of one month.
9. Eligibility Criteria for Post Graduate Bonded Candidates from State of Maharashtra.
- The candidates who were eligible to appear for MH SSET 2014 and MH SSET 2015 and / or earlier MH – SSETs irrespective of whether they appeared or not it will be considered as attempt. The Candidates thus completing two or more attempts must have completed 1 year’s bond service as per Government Notification Letter No. DMER / MH SSET / ELIGIBLITY / 2013 / CRTERIA / 2-A, dated 2nd December 2011.
- Candidate will be allowed to appear for MH SSET only for two attempts after passing Medical Postgraduate Degree ( MD / MS ) course.
- Being eligible and allowed for two attempts as above, if a candidate does not take or get admission to a superspeciality course, he or she will have to complete the Bond Service before taking subsequent attempts of MH SSET.
- MH SSET 2016 is proposed to be conducted in June 2016. Those who are appearing for MH SSET 2015 as second attempt and desirous to appear for MH SSET 2016 ( which will be counted as third attempt ) will have to complete one year Post Graduate Bond Service, otherwise they will be ineligible.
- Candidates appearing for MH SSET 2017 as third or more attempt but do not take or get admission to a superspeciality course will have to complete one year Post Graduate Bond Service before appearing for MH SSET 2017 for subsequent attempts.
- For desirous candidates there is no limit of attempts for appearing to MH SSET Examination once mandatory one year Bond Service is completed after taking two attempts.
- Eligibility criteria as stated above will be applicable to all who desire to get admission to the Superspeciality Course in the State of Maharashtra through MH SSET irrespective of whether the examination is conducted by the State Government or Central Government ( Medical Council of India ) or any other Competent Authority.
- Candidate will be allowed to appear for MH SSET only for two attempts after appearing / passing Medical Postgraduate Degree ( MD / MS ) course. While counting the attempts whether the candidate actually appeared for the examination or not, after passing the MD / MS examination, will not be taken into consideration.
- As per the notification published on the website of Medical Council of India, Single Common Entrance Test for admission to Medical Superspeciality Courses across the country is proposed. Above rules will be applicable while filling the State Government Superspeciality seats in the State – run / Corporation – run Medical Colleges irrespective of the authority ( Government of India / Government of Maharashtra ) conducting the exam.
- Postgraduate candidates who are studying in the last year of the concerned course are eligible to appear for the MH SSET examination of that year. In this event even if desirous candidate has not appeared MH SSET examination will be considered that he / she has attempted his / her first attempt.
- There is no attempt limit for appearing MH SSET examination for Postgraduate Degree Holders from the institutes other than “State Government / Municipal Corporation” of Maharashtra and above rules are not applicable to them as they are not bonded but after completing the Superspeciality Degree the rules of bonded services will be applicable to them.
- Candidate will have to complete one year Bond Service before appearing for MH SSET Entrance Examination for third attempt. Candidate who does not wish to do one year Bond Service will be made eligible for third and subsequent attempts after paying Bond Penalty as per the rules.
To know more about MH SSET Eligibility Click Here
MH SSET Application Form 2016
- The Directorate of Medical Education and Research shall issue Notification regarding online application form process. The information Brochure containing procedures for admission to DM / MCh Superspeciality courses will be made available on website of DMER www.dmer.org. An applicant seeking admission to the MHSSET 2016 will be required to submit single prescribed online application form.
- Cost of online application form of MH SSET 2016 & examination fee is 5000/- Bank Transaction Charges for Online Payment of application fees will have to be borne by the applicant. This amount is not refundable.
- MH – SSET 2016 will be conducted online at Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Aurangabad centre.
- MH SSET information Brochure and online application Form will be available from 19th May, 2016 to 2nd June, 2016. Before filling Online Application form candidates should download information brochure of MH SSET 2016 and read the same carefully. The Applicants must possess the required criteria and educational qualification as mentioned in the Information Brochure of MH SSET 2016.
MH SSET Application Procedure 2016
Before applying online, candidates should -
- Scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph and signature adhere to the required specifications as given under Guideline for photograph & signature scan and upload.
- Have a valid e-mail ID and mobile no., which should be kept active till the completion of this admission Process.
Application Fees / Intimation Charges ( Non Refundable )
Bank Transaction charges for Online Payment of application fees/intimation charges will have to be borne by the applicant.
A. Application Registration Procedure
- Applicants to visit DMER website www.dmer.org and open the given link. Open the link for filling the Online Application Form, click on the option“APPLY ONLINE” which will open a new screen.
- To register application, choose the tab “Click here for New Registration” and enter Name, Contact details and E-mail ID. A provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Applicant should note down the Provisional Registration Number and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
- In case the applicant is unable to complete the application form in one go, he / she can save the data already entered by choosing “SAVE AND NEXT” tab. Prior to submission of the online application applicants are advised to use the “SAVE AND NEXT” facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required.
- Applicants are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible / entertained after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON.
- The Name of the applicant or his / her Father / Husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates / Mark sheets. Any change / alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
- Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the ‘Validate your details’ and ‘Save & Next’ button.
- Applicants can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature.
- Applicants can proceed to fill other details of the Application Form.
- Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
- Modify details, if required, and click on ‘FINAL SUBMIT ONLY’ after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
- Click on ‘Payment’ Tab and proceed for payment.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button.
MH SSET Admit Card 2016
- The Maharashtra SSET 2016 Admit Cards will be downloaded from www.dmer.org website after login during 15th June, 2016 to 20th June, 2016.
- Candidate has to go to the Examination Centre with downloaded Admit Card and any Photo ID proof ( Aadhar Card / Driving license / PAN Card / Pass port / valid MCI / any State Medical Council Identity Card ).
- Issue of Admit Card is merely an enabling document for appearing at the MH SSET and does not imply that the candidate satisfies all the requirements of eligibility conditions of admission.
To know more about MH SSET Application Form Click Here
MH SSET Selection Procedure 2016
Basis of Selection :
Marks obtained by the candidate at the MH – SSET 2016 will form the basis of selection.
Tie – Breakers :
In case of equal marks at MH – SSET the following procedure shall be adopted for deciding inter – se merit :
First Level : A candidate with lesser number of attempts at MD / MS examination shall be preferred. If the tie still persists, then;
Second Level : A candidate with lesser number of attempts at final MBBS examination shall be preferred. If the tie still persists, then;
Third Level : A candidate passing with higher percentage of marks ( excluding grace marks ) of final MBBS examination shall be preferred. If the tie still ( Part I & II ) persists, then.
Fourth Level : An older candidate shall be preferred over a younger candidate.
Legal Jurisdiction : All disputes pertaining to the conduct of examination and selection shall fall within the jurisdiction of Courts at Mumbai.
To know more about MH SSET Selection Process Click Here
MH SSET Results 2016
MH SSET 2016 Entrance Exam Date
Maharashtra Superspeciality Entrance Test will be conducted on 20th June, 2016.
MH SSET 2016 Result
MH SSET 2016 Results will be declared on 15th July, 2016.
Please keep watching this page, to check your MH SSET Results 2016…
To know more about MH SSET Results Click Here
MH SSET 2016 Important Dates
|1||Online Registration & filling Application form||19th May, 2016 to
2nd June, 2016
|2||Issue of Admit Cards ( Online )||15th June, 2016 to
20th June, 2016
|3||Date of MH SSET 2016 Examination||20th June, 2016
( Monday )
|4||Centre of examination ( Place – Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur & Aurangabad )||As indicated in Admit Card|
|5||Online display of Question paper||21st June, 2016|
|6||Online display of Answer Reponse of Candidates with Answer key||23rd June, 2016|
|7||Online submission of objections on Question Paper / Answer Key||21st June, 2016 to
26th June, 2016
|8||Last Date of Submission of Application form for Verification of Marks to DMER Office||29th June, 2016|
|9||Declaration of Merit List And Downloading of Mark sheet from website www.dmer.org||by 15th July, 2016|
Directorate of Medical Education and Research ( DMER ),
305, Government Polytechnic Building,
49, Kherwadi, Ali Yawar Jung Marg,
Bandra (E), Mumbai 400 051. ( M.S. )
Telephone no : +91 – 22 – 26476034
Fax : +91 – 22 – 26476034 / 37
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.dmer.org
medical entrance exam - mh sset -