NEET Entrance Exam 2021
Central Board of Secondary Education conduct National Eligibility – cum – Entrance Test ( NEET ) invites admission Application for MBBS / BDS programs for the academic session 2021 – 2022.
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test
As per regulations framed under the Indian Medical Council Act-1956 as amended in 2016 and the Dentists Act-1948 as amended in 2016, NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST ( UG ) NEET UG 2021 ) will be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education ( CBSE ), for admission to MBBS / BDS Courses in India in Medical / Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India / Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament i.e. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry. Following is stated in the regulations :
- There shall be a single eligibility cum entrance examination namely ‘National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission to MBBS / BDS courses’ in each academic year.
- In order to be eligible for admission to MBBS / BDS Courses for a particular academic year, it shall be necessary for a candidate to obtain minimum marks in ‘National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test’ held for the said academic year besides obtaining minimum prescribed marks at the qualifying examination.
- The reservation of seats in Medical / Dental colleges for respective categories shall be as per applicable laws prevailing in States / Union Territories. An all India merit list of the eligible candidates shall be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission in MBBS / BDS courses from the said lists only.
- No candidate who has failed to obtain the minimum eligibility marks as prescribed by the Medical Council of India / Dental Council of India shall be admitted to MBBS / BDS Courses in the said academic year.
- All admissions to MBBS / BDS courses within the respective categories shall be based solely on marks obtained in the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test.
- The Central Board of Secondary Education shall be the organization to conduct National Eligibility-cum- Entrance Test for admission to MBBS / BDS courses.
NEET Entrance Exam Eligibility 2021
Eligibility to appear in NEET UG :
Eligibility for appearing in NEET ( UG ) is as stipulated in Indian Medical Council Act-1956 / Regulations as amended in 2021 and the Dentists Act-1948/Regulations as amended in 2021. Eligibility as per related regulations is as follows :
- He / she has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his / her admission to the 1st year MBBS / BDS Course.
- The upper age limit for NEET is 25 years as on the date of examination with relaxation of 5 years for candidates belonging to OBC / SC / ST category.
- The Age criteria for appearing in NEET ( UG ), 2021 is as follows :
- For Candidates of Unreserved Category ( UR ) – born on or between 06th May, 1993 and 01st January, 2002
- For Candidates of SC / ST / OBC / PH Category – born on or between 06th May, 1988 and 01st January, 2002
- Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians ( NRIs ), Oversees Citizen of India ( OCIs ), Persons of Indian Origin ( PIOs ) & Foreign Nationals are eligible to appear in NEET ( UG ) 2021. ( As per letter no. U.12023 / 16 / 2010- ME-II dated 13th January, 2016 received from MoH&FW )
Eligibility for seats under the control of states/ deemed universities / central universities /seats of esic & afmc including bhu & amu / central pool quota
- Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians ( NRIs ), Oversees Citizen of India ( OCIs ), Persons with Indian Origin ( PIOs ) & Foreign Nationals are eligible for admission in Medical / Dental Colleges subject to rules and regulations framed by the respective State Governments, Institution and the Government of India.
- Foreign nationals may confirm their eligibility from the concerned Medical / Dentals College / State.
Eligibility for 15% All India Quota Seats
- Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians ( NRIs ), Oversees Citizen of India ( OCIs ), Persons of Indian Origin ( PIOs ) & Foreign Nationals are eligible for 15% All India Quota Seats.
- Candidates from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J & K
- Students from the States of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J & K are NOT ELIGIBLE for 15% all India quota seats as these States had opted out of All India Scheme since its inception. If they claim eligibility, they must submit online Self Declaration which will be generated and printed automatically along with confirmation page for the record and to present during counselling.
- The online Self Declaration of the candidates will be verified at the time of counselling and if found to be false at any time, the candidature / admission of such candidates shall be cancelled and criminal proceedings may be initiated against them.
- Candidates from the States of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J & K can appear in NEET ( UG ) for admission to Private Medical / Dental Colleges or any Private / Deemed University and Armed Forces Medical College ( AFMC ), Pune subject to the fulfilment of eligibility conditions.
- The Government of Andhra Pradesh & Telangana vide their letter no.13021 / C1 / 2016 dated 06th November, 2017 & letter no.7072 / C1 / 2017 dated 07th November, 2017 respectively have informed that Government of Andhra Pradesh and Government of Telangana have decided to join and contribute to the All India Quota seats. Accordingly, the candidates of these States have also become eligible for 15% All India Quota seats (As per letter No. F.No. V.26012 /05.2017-MEP / MEmnnC dated 10th January, 2018, Directorate General Health Services, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India )
Qualifications and Qualifying Examination Codes
Code : 01
A candidate who is appearing in the qualifying examination, i.e., 12th Standard in 2021 whose result is awaited, may apply and take up the said test but he / she shall not be eligible for admission to the MBBS or BDS, if he / she does not pass the qualifying examination with the required pass percentage of marks at the time of first round of Counselling.OR
Code : 02
The Higher / Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher/ Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio – technology ( which shall include practical tests in these subjects ) and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education. Provided that 2 year of regular and continuous study of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology taking together shall be required at 10+2 level for all the candidates. Candidates who have passed 10+2 from Open Schools or as private candidate shall not be eligible to appear for NEET ( UG ). Furthermore, study of Biology / Bio-technology as an additional subject at 10+2 level also shall not permissible.
Note : where the course content is not as prescribed for 10+2 education structure of the National Committee, the candidates will have to undergo a period of one year pre – professional training before admission to the Medical Colleges. OR
Code : 03
The Intermediate / Pre – degree Examination in Science of an Indian University / Board or other recognised examining body with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio – technology ( which shall include practical test in these subjects ) and also English as a compulsory subject. OR
Code : 04
The Pre – professional / Pre – medical Examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio – technology & English after passing either the Higher Secondary Examination or the Pre – University or an equivalent examination. The Pre – professional / Pre – medical examination shall include practical test in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject. OR
Code : 05
The first year of the three years’ degree course of a recognised University with Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Bio – technology including practical tests in these subjects provided the examination is a University Examination and candidate has passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio – technology with English at a level not less than a core course. OR
Code : 06
B.Sc. Examination of an Indian University provided that he / she has passed the B.Sc. Examination with not less than two of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology ( Botany, Zoology ) / Bio – technology and further that he / she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. OR
Code : 07
Any other examination which in scope and standard ( Last 2 years of 10+2 Study comprising of Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Bio – technology; Which shall include practical test in these subjects ) is found to be equivalent to the Intermediate Science Examination of an Indian University / Board, taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Bio – technology including practical tests in each of these subjects and English.
Provided that to be eligible for competitive entrance examination, candidate must have passed any of the qualifying examinations as enumerated above or appearing in the qualifying examination in 2021. Provided also that to be eligible for competitive Entrance Test the candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Bio-technology at the qualifying examination as mentioned in clause (2) of regulation 4 on Graduate Medical Education 1997 and in addition must have come in the merit list of National Eligibility Entrance Test ( NEET 2 ) – 2020
for admission to MBBS / BDS courses.
In respect of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Bio – technology taken together in qualifying examination shall be 40% marks instead of 50% marks for General Candidates. Further, for persons with locomotor disability of lower limbs, minimum of 45% marks for Gen – PH and 40% marks for SC – PH / ST – PH / OBC – PH are required.
Provided further that the students educated abroad seeking admission into medical colleges in India must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio – technology and English up to the 12th standard level with 50% marks and their equivalency determined as per regulations of the Medical Council of India and the concerned University. If a candidate does not fall within the qualifications prescribed as per Code number 01-07 he / she should furnish complete details to determine eligibility.
- The Pre – medical course may be conducted either at a Medical College or at a Science College.
- Marks obtained in Mathematics are not to be considered for admission to MBBS / BDS Courses.
- The candidates who have studied from the Foreign / International Board may ensure that the qualifying examination passed by them should, in scope and standard, be as explained in.
NEET Entrance Exam Pattern 2021
(a) Pattern of the Entrance Test
- The Entrance Test shall consist of one paper containing 180 objective type questions ( four options with single correct answer ) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology ( Botany & Zoology ) to be answered on the specially designed machine – gradable sheet using Ball Point Pen provided by CBSE at centre only.
- The duration of test would be 3 hours.
(b) Language of the Question Papers
- Candidates can opt for Question Paper in either of the following languages (As per letter nos. V.11025 / 35 / 2012-MEP ( Pt. ) dated 8th December, 2017 & 16th January, 2018 received from MoH&FW )
- Option of medium of Question Paper should be exercised while filling in the application form and the option once exercised by candidates cannot be changed later.
- Candidates opting for English would be provided Test Booklet in English only.
- Candidates opting for Hindi would be provided Bilingual Test Booklet i.e. in Hindi and in English.
- Candidates opting for vernacular languages would be provided Bilingual Test Booklet i.e. in selected language and in English.
- In case of any ambiguity in translation of any of the questions, its English version shall be treated as final.
- Option of regional languages will only be available as per following details :
|S.No||Medium of Question Paper||Examination Centres|
|1||English and Hindi||All Examination Centre Cities|
|2||English & Assamese||Examination Centre Cities in Assam|
|3||English & Bengali||Examination Centre Cities in West Bengal and Tripura|
|4||English & Gujarati||Examination Centre Cities in Gujarat, Daman, Dadar & Nagar Haveli|
|5||English & Kannada||Examination Centre Cities in Karnataka|
|6||English & Marath||Examination Centre Cities in Maharashtra|
|7||English & Oriya||Examination Centre Cities in Odisha|
|8||English & Tamil||Examination Centre Cities in Tamil Nadu|
|9||English & Telugu||Examination Centre Cities in Andhra Pradesh & Telangana|
|10||English & Urdu||ll Examination Centre Cities|
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.