National Eligibility Entrance Test – NEET Entrance Exam 2016
NEET UG Entrance Exam 2016
Central Board of Secondary Education,
2, Community Centre,
Delhi – 110 092.
Central Board of Secondary Education conducts National Eligibility Entrance Test ( NEET ) invites applications for admissions to the MBBS ( NEET – UG ) and BDS ( NEET – UG ) course for the session 2016.
NEET UG Entrance Exam Date 2016
NEET UG Entrance Exam Eligibility 2016
1. In order to be eligible for admission to MBBS course for a particular academic year, it shall be necessary for a candidate to obtain minimum of marks at 50th percentile in National Eligibility Entrance Test to MBBS course held for the said academic year. However, in respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, the minimum marks shall be at 40th percentile. In respect of General candidates with locomotory disability of lower limbs, the minimum marks shall be at 45th percentile. The percentile shall be determined on the basis of highest marks secured in All India common merit list in National Eligibility Entrance Test for admission to MBBS course.
2. Provided when sufficient number of candidates in the respective categories fail to secure minimum marks as prescribed in National Eligibility Entrance Test held for any academic year for admission to MBBS Course, the Central Government in consultation with Medical Council of India may at its discretion lower the minimum marks required for admission to MBBS Course for candidates belonging to respective categories and marks so lowered by the Central Government shall be applicable for the said academic year only.
3. No candidate who has failed to obtain the minimum eligibility marks as above shall be eligible for admission to MBBS / BDS courses.
- The Pre medical course may be conducted either at a Medical College or at a Science College.
- After the 10, +2 course is introduced the integrated courses be abolished.
- Marks obtained in Mathematics are not to be considered for admission to MBBS Course.
- No State eligibility criteria will be applicable to the students who take admission under 15% All India Quota Scheme.
A. Eligibility for All India Quota Seats
1. Indian Nationals, Overseas Citizen of India ( OCI ) and Foreign Nationals are Eligible for appearing in the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test ( NEET UG ).
2. He / She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his / her admission to the 1st year MBBS / BDS Course and is an Indian National.
3. The upper age limit for National Eligibility Entrance Test ( NEET ) is 25 years as on 31st December of the year of the entrance examination. Further provided that this upper age limit shall be relaxed by a period of 5 ( five ) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Other Backward Classes. Candidate must born on or between
- 01.01.84 to 01.01.97 ( SC / ST / OBC Category )
- 01.01.89 to 01.01.97 ( Other Category )
B. Eligibility for State Quota Seats
1. He / She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his / her admission to the 1st year MBBS / BDS Course and is an Indian National.
2. Overseas Citizen of India ( OCI ) and Foreign Nationals are eligible for admission in Medical / Dental Colleges subject to rules and regulations framed by the respective State Governments and the Government of India.
C. Candidates from Andhra Pradesh and J and K
1. Students from the States of Andhra Pradesh and J and K are not eligible for 15% all India quota seats under National Eligibility entrance Test ( NEET ), as both these States had opted out of All India Scheme since its’ inception. If they claim eligibility, they must submit an affidavit, in original, in the Proforma on 10/- Non Judicial Stamp Paper duly sworn before and attested by a Metropolitan Magistrate / First Class Judicial Magistrate to the effect that :
- They are not eligible to seek admission for MBBS / BDS seats in Medical / Dental Colleges in the States of Andhra Pradesh and J and K.
- They are not domiciled in Andhra Pradesh and J and K.
2. Students from the States of Andhra Pradesh and J and K are however eligible for 100% seats under National Eligibility cum Entrance Test ( NEET ) for MBBS / BDS seats in Medical / Dental Colleges in the States of Andhra Pradesh and J and K.
NEET UG Exam Pattern 2016
A. NEET Pattern of the Entrance Examination
- The Entrance Examination consists of one paper containing 180 objective type questions ( four options with single correct answer ) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology ( Botany and Zoology ) to be answered on the specially designed machine gradable sheet using Ball Point Pen only.
- NEET Exam duration of paper would be 3 hours.
B. Language of the Question Papers
- Candidates can opt for Question Papers either in English or in Hindi. This option should be exercised while filling in the application form.
- Candidates from the states of Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat and West Bengal can opt for Question Paper either in English, Hindi or in their respective Regional Language ie Telugu, Tamil, Gujarati and Bengali.
- Option of Question Paper exercised by candidates cannot be changed later.
- Candidates opting for English would be provided Test Booklet in English only and the candidates opting for other languages would be provided Test Booklet in English with translation in the language as per choice of the candidate.
NEET 2016 Navigation : NEET PG Counselling 2013, NEET PG Exam Centres 2013, NEET PG Application Form 2013, NEET PG Entrance Results 2013, NEET PG Eligibility 2013, NEET UG 2016 Counselling , NEET UG 2016 Exam Centres , NEET UG 2016 Results , NEET UG 2016 Application Form , NEET UG Entrance Exam Seats 2016, NEET PG Entrance Exam 2013, NEET UG 2014 Syllabus , NEET UG 2016 Entrance Exam , NEET Question Bank
NEET Related : NEET UG Entrance Exam 2016, CBSE NEET UG 2016 Exam Date, CBSE MBBS Exam NEET 2016, National Eligibility Entrance Test – NEET Entrance Exam 2016, NEET UG Exam Schedule 2016, CBSE NEET 2016 Notification, NEET UG Exam Details 2016, All India NEET Entrance Exam 2016, All India NEET UG Exam Date 2016, NEET Common Medical Entrance Test 2016, NEET MBBS BDS Exam Date 2016, National Eligibility Dental Exam 2016, NEET UG Eligibility 2016, CBSE NEET 2016 Eligibility Details, NEET Eligibility Criteria 2016, NEET Eligible Marks 2016, NEET UG Exam Pattern 2016, NEET CBSE 2016 Test Pattern, National Medical Entrance Test 2016, National Level MBBS Entrance Exam 2016, NEET Eligibility for All India Quota Seats 2016, NEET 2016 Exam Languages, NEET Sample Papers 2016, NEET Question Papers Download 2016,
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has announced the proposed dates for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET 2016). As per the NEET 2016 examination schedule, NEET 1 will be conducted on 1st May, 2016 for those candidates who have … Continue reading
Posted In medical entrance exam : neet : by nirmala