National Eligibility Entrance Test – NEET Entrance Exam 2016
|Home Page||Seats||Application Form||Exam Centre||Syllabus||Results||Counselling|
NEET Entrance Exam 2016
Central Board of Secondary Education conduct National Eligibility – cum – Entrance Test ( NEET ) for admissions to MBBS / BDS Courses for the session 2016 -17.
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test – II
As per the directives of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India and the Ordinances promulgated by the Central Government on 24th May, 2016 on conduct of NEET, online applications are invited for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test – II, 2016 to be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education ( CBSE ), Delhi for admission to MBBS / BDS Courses in India in Medical / Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India / Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test – II ( UG ), 2016 is applicable for admissions to the following :
- All India Quota Seats.
- State Government Quota Seats where the State Government concerned so opts.
- Private / Management / NRI Quota Seats in all Private Medical / Dental Colleges or any Private / Deemed University.
NEET Entrance Exam Eligibility 2016
Eligibility for 15% All India Quota Seats
i. He / she has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his / her admission to the 1st year MBBS / BDS Course and is an Indian National.
ii. The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission under 15% All India Quota Seats is 25 years as on 31 st December of the year of the entrance examination. Further provided that this upper age limit shall be relaxed by a period of 5 ( five ) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Other Backward Classes. Candidate must born on or between
- 1st January, 1987 to 1st January, 2000 ( SC / ST / OBC Category )
- 1st January, 1992 to 1st January, 2000 ( Other Category )
iii. Candidates from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J & K
- Students from the States of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J & K are NOT ELIGIBLE for 15% all India quota seats as these States had opted out of All India Scheme since its inception. If they claim eligibility, they must submit online Self Declaration which will be generated and printed automatically along with confirmation page for the record and to present during counselling.
- The online Self Declaration of the candidates will be verified at the time of counselling and if found to be false at any time, the candidature / admission of such candidates shall be cancelled and criminal proceedings may be initiated against them.
- Candidates from the States of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J & K can appear in NEET – II for admission to Private Medical / Dental Colleges or any Private / Deemed University and Armed Forces Medical College ( AFMC ), Pune subject to the fulfilment of eligibility conditions.
Eligibility for seats under the control of States / Universities / Institutions / AFMC
- He / she has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his / her admission to the 1st year MBBS / BDS Course and is an Indian National.
- Overseas Citizens of India ( OCI ) are eligible for admission in Medical / Dental Colleges subject to rules and regulations framed by the respective State Governments and the Government of India.
- The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission under seats in the control of participating States / Universities / Institutions shall be as per their rules and regulations.
Qualifications and Qualifying Examination Codes
Code : 01
A candidate who is appearing in the qualifying examination, i.e., 12th Standard in 2016 whose result is awaited, may apply and take up the said test but he/she shall not be eligible for admission to the MBBS or BDS, if he/she does not pass the qualifying examination with the required pass percentage of marks at the time of first round of Counselling.OR
Code : 02
The Higher / Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher/ Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio – technology ( which shall include practical tests in these subjects ) and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education.
Note : where the course content is not as prescribed for 10+2 education structure of the National Committee, the candidates will have to undergo a period of one year pre – professional training before admission to the Medical Colleges. OR
Code : 03
The Intermediate / Pre – degree Examination in Science of an Indian University / Board or other recognised examining body with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio – technology ( which shall include practical test in these subjects ) and also English as a compulsory subject. OR
Code : 04
The Pre – professional / Pre – medical Examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio – technology & English after passing either the Higher Secondary Examination or the Pre – University or an equivalent examination. The Pre – professional / Pre – medical examination shall include practical test in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject. OR
Code : 05
The first year of the three years’ degree course of a recognised University with Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Bio – technology including practical tests in these subjects provided the examination is a University Examination and candidate has passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio – technology with English at a level not less than a core course. OR
Code : 06
B.Sc. Examination of an Indian University provided that he / she has passed the B.Sc. Examination with not less than two of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology ( Botany, Zoology ) / Bio – technology and further that he / she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. OR
Code : 07
Any other examination which in scope and standard ( Last 2 years of 10+2 Study comprising of Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Bio – technology; Which shall include practical test in these subjects ) is found to be equivalent to the Intermediate Science Examination of an Indian University / Board, taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Bio – technology including practical tests in each of these subjects and English.
Provided that to be eligible for competitive entrance examination, candidate must have passed any of the qualifying examinations as enumerated above or appearing in the qualifying examination in 2016. Provided also that to be eligible for competitive Entrance Test the candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology at the qualifying examination as mentioned in clause (2) of regulation 4 on Graduate Medical Education 1997 and in addition must have come in the merit list of National Eligibility Entrance Test ( NEET – 2 ) – 2016 for admission to MBBS / BDS courses.
In respect of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Bio – technology taken together in qualifying examination shall be 40% marks instead of 50% marks for General Candidates. Further, for persons with locomotor disability of lower limbs, minimum of 45% marks for Gen – PH and 40% marks for SC – PH / ST – PH / OBC – PH are required.
Provided further that the students educated abroad seeking admission into medical colleges in India must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio – technology and English up to the 12th standard level with 50% marks and their equivalency determined as per regulations of the Medical Council of India and the concerned University. If a candidate does not fall within the qualifications prescribed as per Code number 01-07 he / she should furnish complete details to determine eligibility.
- The Pre – medical course may be conducted either at a Medical College or at a Science College.
- Marks obtained in Mathematics are not to be considered for admission to MBBS / BDS Courses.
(a) Pattern of the Entrance Test :
- The Entrance Test shall consist of one paper containing 180 objective type questions ( four options with single correct answer ) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology ( Botany & Zoology ) to be answered on the specially designed machine – gradable sheet using Ball Point Pen provided by CBSE at centre only. The duration of test would be 3 hours.
(b) Language of the Question Papers :
- Candidates can opt for Question Paper either in English or in Hindi.
- Option of medium of Question Paper should be exercised while filling in the application form and the option once exercised by candidates cannot be changed later.
- Candidates opting for English would be provided Test Booklet in English only and the candidates opting for Hindi would be provided Bilingual Test Booklet i.e. in Hindi and in English.
- In case of any ambiguity in translation of any of the questions, its English version shall be treated as final.
NEET 2016 Navigation : NEET PG Counselling 2013, NEET PG Exam Centres 2013, NEET PG Application Form 2013, NEET PG Entrance Results 2013, NEET PG Eligibility 2013, NEET UG 2016 Counselling , NEET UG 2016 Exam Centres , NEET UG 2016 Results , NEET UG 2016 Application Form , NEET UG Entrance Exam Seats 2016, NEET PG Entrance Exam 2013, NEET UG 2016 Syllabus , NEET UG 2016 Entrance Exam , NEET Question Bank
NEET Related : NEET Entrance Exam Details, NEET Entrance Test, NEET Exam Details, National Eligibility Entrance Test – NEET Entrance Exam 2016, NEET Minimum Eligibility, NEET Eligibility Requirements, NEET MBBS Eligibility, NEET BDS Eligibility, NEET Medical Eligibility, Educational Qualification for NEET, NEET Eligibility pdf, Age limit for NEET, NEET Exam eligibility, NEET Eligibility for UG courses, NEET Eligibility for MBBS exam, Age limit for Appearing in NEET Exam, NEET exam type, pattern of NEET entrance exam, NEET Pattern, NEET examination pattern,
Home Page Seats Application Form Exam Centre Syllabus Results Counselling NEET Entrance Exam 2016 Central Board of Secondary Education conduct National Eligibility – cum – Entrance Test ( NEET ) for admissions to MBBS / BDS Courses for the session … Continue reading
Posted In medical entrance exam : neet : by nirmala