|Home Page||Eligibility||Application Form||Exam Centre||Syllabus||Results||Counselling|
NEET Entrance Exam Seats 2018
An All India merit list of the qualified candidates shall be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in the National Eligibility Entrance Test and candidates shall be admitted to MBBS / BDS courses from the said list only by following the already existing reservation policy.
CBSE will provide All India Rank. Admitting Authorities will invite applications for counselling and merit list shall be drawn based on All India Rank. Admission to MBBS / BDS Courses within the respective categories shall be based solely on marks obtained in the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test.
(a) Reservation of Seats in Government Medical Colleges under 15% All India Quota :
- 15% seats are reserved for SC candidates,
- 7.5% seats are reserved for ST candidates,
- 27% seats as per Central Act are reserved for non – creamy layer OBC candidates only in Central Educational Institutions. Reservation would be applicable to the castes mentioned in the Central list of OBC. Thus, the candidates falling in this list may mention OBC in the Category Column in application form. Candidates from creamy layer and those who do not come under Central List of OBC are advised to mention their category as Unreserved ( UR ).
- Differently abled candidates as per MCI guidelines are : Persons having Bench Mark disabilities and entitled for reservation under the Rights of Persons with Disability Act, 2016, 5% seats of the annual sanctioned intake capacity shall be filled up by candidates with Bench Marked Disabilities in accordance with the provisions of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 based on the merit list of “National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test”. For this purpose, the specified disability contained in the schedule to the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 is available at Appendix-XIV. If the seats reserve for the persons with disabilities in a particular category remain unfilled on account of unavailability of candidates, the seats should be included in the Annual Sanctioned Seats for the respective category. Detailed information in this regard is available on the website of Medical Counselling Committee – www.mcc.nic.in and on website of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare – www.mohfw.nic.in
- Candidates who considered themselves eligible for this category are advised to ensure their eligibility by getting themselves examined at any Government Medical College / District Hospital / Government Hospital. However, candidates may kindly note that in case of selection under PH category, they will be required to produce Disability Certificate from one of the disability assessment boards, constituted at the four metro cities, mentioned below, before their scheduled date of counselling :
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital, Ansari Nagar, Ring Road, New Delhi – 110029 ( Tel No.011-26190763 & 26163072 )
- All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Hazi Ali Park, K. Khadya Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai- 400034 (Tel No.022-23544341)
- Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research, 244, Acharya J.C. Bose Marg, Kolkata-20 ( Tel No.033 – 22235181 )
- Madras Medical College, Park Town, Chennai – 600003 ( Tel No.044 – 25305301 )
- Reservation will be made as per 2200 point reservation roster. The mode of implementation of reservation will be available on DGHS website-www.mohfw.nic.in.
(b) Admission in State Medical Colleges / Universities / Institutions / AFMC / Private Medical Colleges for Seats other than 15% All India Quota :
- Admission under State Quota Seats shall be subject to reservation policy and eligibility criteria prevailing in the State / Union Territory as notified by the respective State / Union Territory from time to time.
- The reservation of the seats in medical colleges for respective categories shall be as per applicable laws prevailing in State / Union Territory concerned.
- Admission to MBBS / BDS Courses in Private Medical Colleges shall be subject to policies of the State / Union Territory.
Admission to deemed universities / central universities / seats of ESIC and AFMC including BHU and AMU
Admission to Deemed Universities /Central Universities / seats of ESIC including BHU and AMU will be conducted by DGHS and reservation policy will be as per rules and regulations of the concerned University or Institution.
Admission to AFMC, Pune shall be subject to the norms prescribed by the Directorate General of Armed Forces Medical Services, Ministry of Defence, Government of India. Candidates who apply for NEET ( UG ) 2018 and also seeking admission in AFMC will also have to apply to AFMC on www.afmc.nic.in / www.afmcdg1d.gov.in. The short listed candidates will be required to appear for a second stage Screening Test conducted by AFMC. Candidates are advised to contact AFMC for further and exact details. The counselling will be conducted by DGHS