|Home Page||Application Form||Results|
NIMSET DM / MCh 2016 Entrance Exam
Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences invites Applications from eligible candidates of Andhra Pradesh for admission into the DM / MCh Super Specialty Courses for the academic year 2016 – 2017.
NIMSET DM / MCh 2016 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates who have passed ( MD / MS / DNB ) examination from Medical Colleges recognized by MCI or its statutory equivalent are eligible. Candidates who will be completing training period on or before 30th June, 2016 are also eligible to apply, provided the candidates submit ( 1 ) certificate issued by the Principal / Dean of college regarding the likely date of completion of the course and acquiring the eligible qualification and ( 2 ) A declaration by the candidate, failing which their applications will be rejected.
- No condonation of training period shall be accepted unless approved by the Medical Council of India ( MCI ) along with submission of necessary proof. The condonation of training period shall be restricted to the period ending on 30th June, 2016 and not beyond. The condonation certificate must be submitted along with the NIMSET DM / MCh 2016 Application Form.
- The candidates who have already registered for any regular course at NIMS and would like to apply for admission to another course shall resign from such Training / course in the Institute duly fulfilling the conditions of the bond and failure to do so may render their application liable for rejection.
NIMSET 2016 DM / MCh Courses, Duration and Entry Qualification
|Subject||No. of seats as per LOP||Duration
( years )
|Entry qualification *|
|DM – Cardiology||08||3||MD / DNB in General Medicine / Paediatrics / Respiratory Medicine|
|DM – Neurology||08||3||MD / DNB in General Medicine / Paediatrics|
|DM ‐ Nephrology||04||3||MD / DNB in General Medicine / Paediatrics|
|DM ‐ Clinical Pharmacology||04||3||MD / DNB in Pharmacology|
|DM – Medical Oncology||03||3||MD / DNB in General Medicine / Paediatrics / Respiratory|
|DM – Rheumatology||03||3||MD / DNB in General Medicine / Paediatrics|
|MCh – Urology||04||3||MD / DNB in General Surgery|
|MCh – Cardiothoracic Surgery||06||3||MD / DNB in General Surgery|
|MCh – Plastic Surgery||04||3||MD / DNB in General Surgery|
|MCh – Neurosurgery||06||3||MD / DNB in General Surgery|
*Relevant post graduate degree recognized by Medical Council of India or its statutory equivalent.
- Additional seats in the department of Cardiology (6 seats) and CT Surgery (3 seats) are under process for recognition by Medical Council of India (MCI). In the event of the Medical Council of India permitting an increase in the super specialty medical seats during the course of admissions for the year 2016 those seats will also be filled up from the merit list available without issuing any further notification.
- The admissions into the courses are subject to outcome of writ petitions if any pending with Hon’ble High Court of Judicature at Hyderabad for the States of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh and Hon’ble Supreme Court of India.
NIMSET DM / MCh 2016 Exam Pattern
- The NIMSET DM / MCh entrance examination consists of 90 multiple choice questions ( basic & clinical ) in the concerned specialty carrying 90 marks to be answered in 90 minutes duration. Each subject will have a separate paper.
- Pattern of multiple choice questions : ( MCQs )
- In addition to standard multiple choice questions ( MCQs ), questions of “Assertion and Reason” type and ”multi‐response combination” type as illustrated below may also figure in the examination to test the depth of a candidate’s knowledge.