Nizams Institute of Medical Sciences Entrance Test – NIMSET 2014
Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences 2014 Entrance Exam
Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences,
( A University Established Under the State Act )
Punjagutta, Hyderabad – 500 082,
Phone No. : +914023489244, +914023489245,
Website : http://nims.ap.nic.in.
NIMSET MPT Entrance Examination 2014
Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences invites Applications from eligible candidates of Andhra Pradesh for admission into Master of Physiotherapy Course for the academic year 2014 – 2015.
Specialty, Number of Seats and Duration of Course
|Sl.No||Specialty||Number of Seats||Duration|
|1||MPT - Musculoskeletal Sciences||5||2 years|
|2||MPT - Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Sciences||5||2 years|
|3||MPT ‐ Neurosciences||5||2 years|
Note : One seat is reserved for in ‐ service candidate of NIMS who satisfies the requisite qualifications and qualifies himself / herself in entrance examination. This reservation shall be on horizontal basis.
NIMSET MPT 2014 Eligibility
Prior Qualification Required :
- Candidate holding a Bachelor degree in Physiotherapy from a recognized University and completed / shall be completing 6 months internship by 30th September, 2014 in India or a Foreign University with at least 10 + 2 + 4 years of educational pattern and a minimum of 6 months internship.
- However, since 4 years course and 6 months Internship did not exist before 1998, candidates who have qualified and completed the internship before 31st December 1998 shall be eligible for this course if they have at least 10+2+3 years of educational pattern and 6 months of internship. Deadline for completion of internship is 30th September, 2014.
- The candidates who have already registered for any degree or studying regular course and applying for admission to another course in NIMS, shall resign such training course in the Institute duly fulfilling the conditions of the bond and failure to do so, their applications for admission to the other course will be rejected.
NIMSET 2014 Age Limit
The minimum age for admission shall be 22 years completed as on 31st December, 2014 and should not be more than 35 years as on 31st December, 2014. Upper age limit is relaxable by 3 years in the case of SC and ST candidates. For in ‐ service ( NIMS ) candidates, the age limit is not applicable.
NIMSET MPT 2014 Important Dates
|Availability of NIMSET MPT application on website||16th September, 2014|
|Last date for submission of NIMSET MPT application ( hard copy )||30th September, 2014|
|Issue of NIMSET MPT Hall Tickets for eligible candidates through e‐mail||15th October, 2014|
|Date of NIMSET MPT Entrance Examination ( Venue as indicated in the Hall Ticket )||17th October, 2014|
|Display of NIMSET MPT provisional results||20th October, 2014|
|Deadline for manual re -evaluation of OMR answer sheet||21st October, 2014|
|Display of NIMSET MPT Merit list||22nd October, 2014|
|Date of NIMSET MPT Counselling||28th October, 2014 ( 10.00 A.M. )|
|Date of admission, payment of fee and submission of original certificates and bond||29th October, 2014|
|Commencement of Classes||05th November, 2014|
|Closure of NIMSET MPT Admissions||05th January, 2015 ( 04th January, 2015 is being Sunday )|
NIMSET DM / MCh 2014 Entrance Exam
Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences invites Applications from eligible candidates of Andhra Pradesh for admission into the DM / MCh Super Specialty Courses for the academic year 2014 – 2015.
NIMSET DM / MCh 2014 Exam Date
|NIMSET DM / MCh 2014 Exam Date : 29th June, 2014|
NIMSET DM / MCh 2014 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates who have passed ( MD / MS / DNB ) examination from Medical Colleges recognized by MCI or its statutory equivalent are eligible. Candidates who will be completing training period on or before 30th June, 2014 are also eligible to apply, provided the candidates submit ( a ) certificate issued by the Principal / Dean of college regarding the likely date of completion of the course and acquiring the eligible qualification and ( b ) A declaration by the candidate, failing which their applications will be rejected.
- No condonation of training period shall be accepted unless approved by the Medical Council of India ( MCI ) along with submission of necessary proof. The condonation of training period shall be restricted to the period ending on 30th June, 2014 and not beyond. The condonation certificate must be submitted along with the NIMSET DM / MCh 2014 Application Form.
- The candidates who have already registered for any regular course at NIMS and would like to apply for admission to another course shall resign from such Training / course in the Institute duly fulfilling the conditions of the bond and failure to do so may render their application liable for rejection.
NIMSET 2014 DM / MCh Courses, Duration and Entry Qualification :
|Subject||Number of Seats||Duration ( Years )||Entry Qualification *|
|DM ( Cardiology )||8||3||MD / DNB in General Medicine / Paediatrics / Respiratory Medicine|
|DM ( Neurology )||8||3||MD / DNB in General Medicine / Paediatrics|
|DM ( Nephrology )||4||3||MD / DNB in General Medicine / Paediatrics|
|DM ( Clinical Pharmacology )||4||3||MD / DNB in Pharmacology|
|DM ( Medical Oncology )||3||3||MD / DNB in General Medicine / Paediatrics / Radiotherapy|
|DM ( Rheumatology )||3||3||MD / DNB in General Medicine / Paediatrics|
|MCh ( Urology )||4||3||MS / DNB in General Surgery|
|MCh ( Cardiothoracic Surgery )||6||3||MS / DNB in General Surgery|
|MCh ( Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery )||4||3||MS / DNB in General Surgery|
|MCh ( Neurosurgery )||6||3||MS / DNB in General Surgery|
*Relevant post graduate degree recognized by Medical Council of India or its statutory equivalent.
- In the event of the Medical Council of India permitting an increase in the said super specialty medical seats during the course of admissions for the year 2014 those seats will also be filled up from the merit list available without issuing any further notification.
- The admissions into the courses are subject to outcome of writ petitions if any pending with Hon’ble High Court of Andhra Pradesh and Supreme Court of India.
NIMSET DM / MCh 2014 Seats Reservation
- The local area reservations are made as per the procedure given of the GOP 646 dated 10th July, 1979 and may be seen at www.nims.edu.in.The following allocations are accordingly made for the three regions of the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- Andhra University ( AU ) : 42%
- Osmania University ( OU ) : 36% and
- Sri Venkateswara University ( SVU ) : 22%
- The definition of local and non – local status and a detailed description of local / non local candidates in relation to a university area of the prospectus.
- The following chart details the break – up of the local area reservation in various subjects that have more than three seats available for admission.
|Subject||Seats||Local Area Reservation|
|AU||OU||SVU||Non - Local ( Unreserved )|
|DM ( Cardiology )||8||3||2||2||1|
|DM ( Neurology )||8||3||2||2||1|
|DM ( Nephrology )||4||2||1||1||NIL|
|DM ( Clinical Pharmacology )||4||2||1||1||NIL|
|DM ( Medical Oncology )||3||No Reservation|
|DM ( Rheumatology )||3||No Reservation|
|MCh ( Urology )||4||2||1||1||NIL|
|MCh ( Cardiothoracic Surgery )||6||3||2||1||NIL|
|MCh ( Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery )||4||2||1||1||NIL|
|MCh ( Neurosurgery )||6||3||2||1||NIL|
Note : The distribution of seats among local and non – local is prepared in accordance with the principles laid down in Full Bench Judgment of the Hon’ble High Court of Andhra Pradesh, reported in Dr.B.Sudhakar Vs. Union of India & Others and the Judgement in W.P.No.26303 of 2013, dated 30th September, 2013.
NIMSET MD MS 2014 Entrance Exam
Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences invites applications from eligible candidates of Andhra Pradesh for admission into MD / MS Post Graduate Medical Specialty Courses for the year 2014.
NIMSET MD MS 2014 Exam Date
|NIMSET MD MS 2014 Exam Date : 16th February, 2014 ( Sunday ); 10.00 AM|
NIMSET MD MS 2014 Eligibility Criteria
1. Candidates who have passed MBBS examination from Medical Colleges recognized by MCI and completed Internship at the time of their applying are eligible. Candidates who will be completing Internship on or before 31st March, 2014 are also eligible to apply, provided they submit a certificate to the effect that is signed by the Principal / Dean.
2. Requirement of compulsory rotating internship shall not be condoned unless approved by the Medical Council of India ( MCI ). The condonation of compulsory rotating internship shall be restricted to the period up to 31/03/2014 and not beyond that date. The condonation certificate from MCI must be submitted along with the application form.
3. The candidates who have already registered for any regular or part time course at NIMS and would like to apply for admission to another course at NIMS, shall resign from such Training / course in the Institute duly fulfilling the conditions of the bond and failure to do so will render their applications for admission liable to be rejected.
NIMSET MD MS 2014 Seats
Number of seats, duration of course and entry qualification required :
|Subject||Seats||Duration - Years||Entry Qualification|
|MD ( Anaesthesiology )||7||3||MBBS|
|MD ( Bio ‐ Chemistry )||4||3||MBBS|
|MD ( General Medicine )||4||3||MBBS|
|MD ( Hospital Administration )||3||3||MBBS|
|MS ( Orthopaedics )||4||3||MBBS|
|MD ( Pathology )||5||3||MBBS|
|MD ( Radiotherapy )||1||3||MBBS|
Note : In the event, if the Medical Council of India permitting an increase in the existing courses or any new courses sanctioned in the PG medical seats during the course of admissions of the year 2014 those seats will also be filled up from the merit list available without issuing any further notification.
The admissions into the courses are subject to outcome of writ petitions pending with the Hon’ble High Court of Andhra Pradesh and Supreme Court of India.
NIMSET MD MS 2014 Exam Pattern
1. The entrance examination is common to all post – graduate courses and consists of 150 single best response type MCQs covering all subjects carrying 150 marks to be answered in 150 minutes duration.
2. An approximate break ‐ up of the question paper is given below :
|Subject||No. of MCQs|
|Radio - diagnosis||8|
3. Approximately, 15% of the questions will be of Assertion – Reasoning type, 15% will be multi response type and the remaining will be of standard MCQ type. Irrespective of question types, questions may be based on images, clinical problem solving, diagnostic algorithms etc. Sample questions are available at the website : http://nimsexams.in/.
4. The syllabus for NIMSET Entrance Test shall be that of MBBS standard of the Universities in Andhra Pradesh State.
5. All questions will be of one best / correct response type having four alternatives.
6. More than one answer indicated against a question will be deemed as incorrect response and negative marks will be given.
7. Each answer with correct response shall be awarded one mark.
8. Zero mark will be given for the questions not answered.
9. Negative marks will be given for incorrect response. For every incorrect response 0.25 marks will be deducted.
10. The NIMSET 2014 Entrance Test shall be conducted at the venue and date and time specified by the institute.
11. Candidates will receive one of the four sets of a question booklet. The same questions will be arrange in different order in each set. It is the candidate’s responsibility to darken the appropriate question booklet code in the OMR answer sheet. Candidate should also write the OMR answer sheet serial number in the question booklet and return it to the invigilator at the end of examination. OMR answer sheets of the candidates not complying with instructions or resorting to malpractice of any kind will not be evaluated.
12. The minimum percentage of marks of eligibility in the NIMSET Entrance Examination for admission to postgraduate medical courses shall be 50% for general category candidates, 45% for persons with locomotory disability of lower limbs as defined earlier and 40% for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and other Backward Classes.
Nizam Institute of Medical Sciences Related : NIMSET 2014 Entrance Exam, NIMSET MD MS 2014 Exam Date, NIMSET MPT 2014 Entrance Exam Schedule, Nizams Institute of Medical Sciences Entrance Test – NIMSET 2014, NIMSET 2014 Super Specialty Exam Date, NIMSET MPT 2014 Admission Notification, NIMSET 2014 DM MCh Exam Date, NIMSET MD MS 2014 Eligibility, NIMSET 2014 Age Limit, NIMSET 2014 Educational Qualifications, NIMSET 2014 MD MS Seats, NIMSET 2014 Exam Pattern, Nizams Institute of Medical Sciences 2014 Admission Test, NIMSET 2014 Entrance Test Date, When NIMSET 2014 Medical Entrance Exam, NIMSET 2014 Exam Duration, NIMSET 2014 Eligibility for DM MCh, NIMSET MD MS 2014 Eligibility Conditions, NIMSET 2014 MD MS Seats Reservation, NIMSET MPT 2014 Exam Scheme, NIMSET 2014 Question Paper Pattern, NIMSET 2014 Medical Course, NIMSET 2014 MD MS Programs, NIMSET MPT 2014 Brochure,
NIMSET Medical Entrance Exam 2014 – NIMSET Exam Date 2014 – NIMSET Eligibility 2014 – NIMSET 2014 Examination Pattern – NIMSET 2014 Seats Details.
Posted In medical entrance exam : nizam institute of medical sciences : Leave a response for nizams institute of medical sciences entrance test – nimset 2014 by amala