PU 2017 Entrance Exam
Panjab University Entrance Exam ( PUEE ) invites admission Application for MDS programs for the academic session 2017 – 2018.
PU 2017 Eligibility
- The admission to MDS course shall be open to candidates who have qualified NEET MDS 2017 and are eligible as per eligibility criteria for NEET MDS 2017 laid down in Information Bulletin for National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test-MDS for admission to MDS course 2017.
- As per Dental Council of India guidelines, the minimum percentile of marks for eligibility for admission to postgraduate dental courses shall be 50% percentile for General Category candidates, 45% percentile for Person with Disability ( PwD ) and 40% percentile for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Backward Classes ( BC ) .
- Counseling / Admission shall be conducted by the Admission Committee constituted by the Panjab University for this purpose
- Candidates cannot claim a seat / admission on the basis of the NEET MDS 2017 rank alone. Eligibility of a candidate for admission against any Post Graduate seat will be determined by the Admission Committee, as per rules and regulations laid down by the Panjab University & DCI from time to time. The eligibility shall also be based on other documents as specified in the check list at page No. 13, with the Admission Form.
- Candidates shall attach the self attested downloaded copy of Result Card of NEET MDS 2017 . The candidate is also required to attach self attested photocopy of the Admit Card of NEET MDS 2017 with ADMISSION FORM.
- In case any candidate is found to have furnished false information or certificate, etc. or is found to have withheld or concealed information in his / her Admission Form, he / she shall be debarred from admission. All candidates will be considered for admission in General Category. The candidates interested to be considered under any other category also, must write the relevant code at specified serial number 12 of the Admission Form. For Category Codes, see ‘Instructions for the Cndidates’ at Sr. No. 10 of Admission Form. No candidate will be considered for a category whose code has not been entered in the Admission Form, even if the candidate actually belongs to that category.
- For claims on reserved seats / categories wherever applicable, the candidates must support their claim by attaching self attested photocopies of appropriate certificate ( s ) / documents issued by competent authority as per specimen given in Annexures to this Prospectus along with the Admission Form.
- Candidate with disability, i.e., Person with Disability ( PwD ) shall be considered for admission as per rules and regulations specified by Dental Council of India as appended below :
- seats of the annual sanctioned intake capacity shall be filled up by candidates with locomotory disability of lower limbs between 50% to 70%.
- Provided that in case any seat in this 3% quota remains unfilled on account of unavailability of candidates with locomotory disability of lower limbs between 50% to 70% then any such unfiled seat in this 3% quota shall be filled up by persons with locomotory disability of lower limbs between 40% to 50% before they are included in the annual sanctioned seats for General Category candidates”.
- Seats reserved for “Internal Faculty only with BDS qualification” shall be offered strictly in order of merit of NEET 2017
PU 2017 Reservation Seats
|Subject||Total Seats in Each speciality||General||S.C||S.T.||B.C||PwD||Internal Faculty Onlywith BDS qualification*|
|Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||3||2||1||-||-||-||-|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||2||1||-||1||-||-||-|
|Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||3||1||-||-||1||-||1|
|Prosthodontics and Crown &Bridge||3||2||1||-||-||-||-|
To know more about PU 2017 Entrance Exam Click Here
PU 2017 Online Application Form
Panjab University 2017 MDS Online Application Form Available Website : www.puchd.ac.in
- Prospectus cum Admission Form is available on the Website of Dr. Harvansh Singh Judge Institute of Dental Sciences & Hospital, Panjab University, Chandigarh i.e. http://dentalsciences.puchd.ac.in/ for viewing / downloading.
- Copy of the Prospectus can also be obtained from the Dental Institute.
- Only those candidates who submit completed Admission Form along with specified annexure and fee by due date will be included in the list of candidates eligible to appear for counseling, subject to fulfillment of other eligibility criteria, specified in the Prospectus. Candidates are advised to keep a copy of the submitted Admission Form for their reference.
Application Fees :
- General Category : 1200 / –
- SC / ST / PwD Category : 600 / –
Admission Fee mode :
Demand Draft in favour of “Registrar, Panjab University, Chandigarh” payable at Chandigarh. No other mode of fee shall be accepted.
PU 2017 Admission Procedure
- The candidates selected for admission will have to undergo medical examination by the constituted Medical Board on the same day or succeeding day of their selection to the course. Only those candidates who are found to be medically fit shall be granted admission.
- The candidates, who do not appear before the Medical Board or are found to be medically unfit, shall not be allowed to join the course.
- Fee is to be paid on the day of the counseling. The candidature of the eligible candidates, who do not deposit the prescribed fees in full, shall stand automatically cancelled and vacancies so caused shall be offered to the candidates next in order of merit on the same day / subsequent counseling. No correspondence or appeal in this connection will be entertained by the Admission Committee.
- Admissions shall be made strictly in accordance with eligibility criteria and rules mentioned in this Prospectus and as per existing rules of Panjab University and Dental Council of India. However, in all matters which need interpretation or for which no provision exists in the Prospectus, the decision of the Admission Committee shall be final.
- All admissions to MDS courses shall be provisional and subject to the approval by Panjab University / Dental Council of India / any other regulatory body.
- All legal disputes relating to admission of students to MDS course shall have jurisdiction in Chandigarh only.
PU 2017 General Instructions
- This Prospectus is subject to alteration ( s ) / modification ( s ) at any time without notice. For updates please visit Institute website ( http://dentalsciences.puchd.ac.in ) from time to time. There is no equity or any rights that are / or deemed to be arising in favour of candidate.
- Changes, if any, in the Schedule / Counseling etc. shall be notified only through website of the Institute i.e. http:// dentalsciences.puchd.ac.in. No candidate shall be informed individually. Candidates are advised to browse the website regularly for any announcements / changes and the institute shall not be responsible for any fallout due to lack of information on the part of the candidate.
- Candidates must retain the copy of Prospectus & Admission Form with them. They should carefully read the instructions, rules & regulations and comply with all instructions therein strictly.
- The allotment of speciality to the applicants for admission, shall be made by the Admission Committee as per merit determined on the basis of NEET MDS 2017 and the choice of the speciality opted by the candidate. Physical presence is mandatory in every counseling both for General Category and Reserved Categories candidates as per the notified dates. The candidate must bring alongwith all the original documents.
- The candidate should read the eligibility conditions / criteria carefully and just appearing in counseling does not entitle him / her for admission. The eligibility shall be determined by the Admission Committee on the basis of documents submitted by the candidate at the time of counseling. Those who are not eligible as per the decision of the committee will not be considered for admission. The candidates will appear in counseling at their own risk and responsibility. Eligibility is also subject to medical fitness.
- Before applying for the admission, candidate should ensure that their BDS degree is recognized as per provisions of Dental Council of India. If it is found at any time that BDS degree is not recognized, the candidature / Admission to MDS course shall be cancelled.
- Original certificates / documents shall have to be deposited by the candidate at the time of counseling, after the seat has been allotted to the candidate. The certificates / documents shall be returned to the candidate only on surrendering the seat or after the completion of the course.
To know more about PU 2017 Application Form Click Here
Panjab University 2017 Results
Panjab University PG 2017 Exam Date :
Panjab University PG Entrance Exam will be conducted on June, 2017
Panjab University 2017 Result Date :
Panjab University 2017 Result Date : Panjab University PG Results likely to be declared in the month of June, 2017
Please keep watching this page, to check your Panjab University Postgraduate results 2017…
PU 2017 Counselling
- Merit List for each category will be made separately based on the result of NEET MDS 2017. Merit list will be displayed on the Institute Notice Board and at Institute Website on 25th April, 2017 by 04.00 pm. Information regarding any changes in the schedule or details of counseling shall be notified on the Institute website:- http://dentalsciences.puchd.ac.in. No individual / separate intimation will be provided by the Institute office for the same. Candidates are advised to regularly browse the Institute website / to constantly follow the changes in information, if any.
- The allotment of speciality will be made as per the merit determined by the NEET MDS 2017, as per the choice of speciality by the candidate, and the availability of seats at the time of the counseling.
- If an eligible candidate reports late for counseling when his / her turn according to his / her rank / merit has already been passed over, he / she will be considered as per available seat at the time of his / her actual reporting in the counseling.
- The candidates shall have to produce all the certificates / degrees / diplomas / documents in original at the time of admission / counseling as per the check list. In case the originals are not provided at the time of counseling, the seat shall not be allocated to the candidate and shall be allotted to the next eligible candidate.
- Any directions / order governing admissions to any of the course from the Government / Hon’ble courts / Regulatory bodies will be binding on all candidates.
To know more about PU 2017 Results Click Here
PU 2017 Important Dates
|1||Date of availability of Prospectus on Institute website http://dentalsciences.puchd.ac.in /||10th April, 2017|
|2||Last date for receipt of complete Admission Form alongwith annexures in the office of Principal-cum-Professor||21st April, 2017 Till 04.00 pm|
|3||Display of Merit List of eligible candidates online / Notice Board of the Institute||25th April, 2017 By 04.00 pm|
|4||Date of 1st counseling ( Venue: LT-1, Ground Floor of the Institute )||27th April, 2017 at 11.00 am|
|5||Commencement of Academic Session||1st May, 2017|
|6||Last date of joining the allotted seat after 1st counseling||8th May, 2017|
|7||Date of 2nd counseling ( Venue: LT -1, Ground Floor of the Institute )||17th May, 2017 at 11.00 am|
|8||Last date of Joining the allotted seat after 2nd counseling||22nd May, 2017|
|9||Counseling for leftover seats||30th May, 2017|
|10||Last date upto which students can be admitted / join against vacancies arising due to any reason||31st May, 2017 Till 04.00 pm|
Phone No. : 2534299, 2534297, 2534293,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.puchd.ac.in.
|Panjab University UG 2016 Question Papers Book + Question Bank CD -|
Panjab University UG Entrance Exam 2017
Panjab University conducts PU CET UG Entrance Exam 2017 for the admission of B.Pharmacy ( Credit Based Semester System ) and BSc ( Hons School ) for the academic year 2017 – 2018.
Panjab University Course Details
The Panjab University will hold PU CET UG 2017 Entrance Test in Chandigarh for admission to the following courses :
|S.No||Courses||Institution (s) / Department (s) |
offering the Course
(Credit based Semester System )
|University Institute of Pharmaceutical |
Sciences, Panjab University, Chandigarh
|B.Sc. ( Hons. School Semester System ) in the subjects of :||Respective Science Departments of Panjab University, Chandigah|
Panjab University UG Eligibility 2017
- All those candidates who have passed / appeared ( up to the Academic Session 2015 – 2017 ) in the 10+2 Examination ( Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English ) of the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi or its equivalent Examination conducted by a recognized Board / University / Council shall be eligible to appear in the PU – CET ( BHMS ) Entrance Test – 2017.
- The admission of candidates for the PU – CET ( BHMS ) Entrance Test shall be provisional. It shall stand cancelled, if they fail to satisfy the requisite eligibility conditions as required by the concerned institution / University by the date fixed for the purpose.
B.H.M.S. ( Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital, Sector 26, Chandigarh ) : ( 50 seats )
- A person who shall attain the age of 17 years as on 31st December in the year of admission and has passed 10+2 examination from the recognised Board / Bodies / Councils or any other examination recognised as equivalent to 10+2 examination by the Panjab University with Physics, Chemistry and Biology after qualifying the entrance test shall be eligible to join the first year class of the course.
- Only Indian Citizens are eligible for admission except in the NRI quota seats.
- Candidates applying under Scheduled Caste Category are required to submit the certificate regarding their category in the prescribed form, which must be signed only by officers mentioned in the form. Signature of any other officer will not be accepted & such applicants will be rejected.
- Reservation of Physically Handicapped person has been provided for persons i.e. ( 1st preference to the candidates suffering from Locomotor disabilities of Lower Limbs between 50% – 70%, 2nd preference will be given to the candidates suffering from Locomotor Disabilities of Lower Limbs between 40% – 50%, in case no suitable candidate from 50% – 70% disability is available ).
- Admission will be made under the criteria laid down by the Chandigarh Administration / Panjab University Chandigarh.
- Blind ( including colour blind ) deaf and dumb candidates shall not be allowed admission in the Course.
- The candidates who have passed 10+2 examination in April 2017 from a recognised board “Body” Council or any other examination recognised as equivalent to 10+2 examination by the Panjab University with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
i.e. 01 seats ( 1st preference to the candidates suffering from Locomotor disabilities of Lower Limbs between 50% – 70%, 2nd preference will be given to the candidates suffering from Locomotor Disabilities of Lower Limbs between 40% – 50%, in case no suitable candidate from 50% – 70% disability is available ).
- The candidates who have passed / appeared in 10+2 Examinations of Mahila Gram Vidyapith, Allahabad are ineligible to appear in the PU – CET ( BHMS ) Entrance Test, as this institution has been derecognised by Panjab University, Chandigarh. The examination conducted by the Board of Higher Secondary Education, Delhi, included in the booklet of recognised exams.
Panjab University UG Eligibility Details 2017
|Should have passed 10+2 examination with at least 50% marks ( 45% marks in case of SC / ST / BC ) with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English|
Physics ( specialization in Electronics )
|Should have passed 10+2 examination with at least 50% marks ( 45% marks incase of SC / ST / BC ) with English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology|
|Biochemistry Microbiology||Should have passed 10+2 examination with at least 50% marks ( 45% marks in case of SC / ST / BC ) with English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology / Biotechnology|
|Biotechnology Biophysics||Should have passed 10+2 examination with at least 50% marks ( 45% marks incase of SC / ST / BC ) with English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology / Biotechnology / Computer Science|
|Mathematics||Should have passed 10+2 examination with at least 50% marks ( 45% marks incase of SC / ST / BC ) with Mathematics as one of the subjects|
|B. Pharm.||50% Marks in 10+2 with|
English, Physics, Chemistry
and one of the following
Biology / Biotechnology / Mathematics.
The Panjab University UG CET 2017 will be conducted in the following subjects as per date sheet :
- Computer Science
There shall be negative marking, i.e., 25% marks will be deducted for wrong answers. the total marks to be awarded to a candidate in a paper containing multiple choice objective type questions, after imposing the prescribed penalty. for each correct answer to a question, 2 marks are to be awarded and for each wrong answer, 0.5 mark will be deducted.
|Name of the Subject||Number of Questions||Marks allotted to each Question||Total Marks for the paper||Duration of the Paper|
|Paper-I Physics||60||2||120||70 minutes|
|Paper-II Chemistry||60||2||120||70 minutes|
|Paper-III Biology||60||2||120||70 minutes|
|Paper-IV Mathematics||60||2||120||70 minutes|
Panjab University UG Seats 2017
|Name of Course||Open||Foreign Nationals / PIO / NRI|
|B. Pharm. ( Credit based Semester System )||46||06|
|B.Sc. ( Hons. School ) Anthropology||30||04|
|B.Sc. ( Hons. School ) Biochemistry||30||04|
|B.Sc. ( Hons. School ) Biophysics||25||04|
|B.Sc. ( Hons. School ) Biotechnology||15||02|
|B.Sc. ( Hons. School ) Botany||20||03|
|B.Sc. ( Hons. School ) Chemistry||58||08|
|B.Sc. ( Hons. School ) Geology||30||04|
|B.Sc. ( Hons. School ) Mathematics||40||06|
|B.Sc. ( Hons. School ) Microbiology||30||04|
|B.Sc. ( Hons. School ) Physics||40||06|
|B.Sc. ( Hons. School ) Physics( Specialization in Electronics )||20||03|
|B.Sc. ( Hons.School ) Zoology||25||04|
To know more about PU CET UG Entrance Exam Click Here
Panjab University UG Application Form 2017
Availability of PU CET UG 2017 Prospectus and Online Application Form on the Panjab University website : www.puchd.ac.in is from 18th April, 2017.
- General Category ( PCB / PCM / M ) : Rs. 2100/-
- SC / ST / PwD Category ( PCB / PCM / M ) : Rs. 1050/-
- Additional Paper ( Biology / Math ) : Rs. 300/-
PU CET UG 2017 Fee can be deposited through generated State Bank India Challan in the Panjab University website www.puchd.ac.in.
The procedure and steps for filling the Online Application Form is as follows :
- Register Online.
- Note down your Login Id and Password.
- Download SBI Slip and pay fee in any SBI branch of India.
- Login and upload scanned photograph, signature, fill other important information and Save and Confirm.
- Download PU CET UG 2017 Admit Card from Panjab University website www.puchd.ac.in after 26th May, 2017.
PU CET UG Admission Form
- Admission Form for BPharm ( Credit based Semester System ) and BSc ( Hons School ) shall be available online on Panjab University website www.cetug.puchd.ac.in. after declaration of result of PU CET UG 2017 Entrance Test.
- To be submitted only by the PU CET UG 2017 qualified candidates online latest by 17th May, 2017 ( Monday ) upto 5:00 PM as per the guidelines displayed on the Panjab University Website.
To know more about PU CET UG Application Form Click Here
Panjab University CET UG Results 2017
PU CET UG Exam Date
Panjab University Common Entrance Test will be conducted on 4th June, 2017.
PU CET UG Result Date
Panjab University UG CET 2017 Results has been declared
To know more about PU CET UG Results Click Here
Panjab University UG Exam Time Schedule 2017
|Paper and Subject||Time of Examination|
|Paper - I : Mathematics||9:00 AM - 10:10 AM|
|Paper – II : Chemistry||10:40 AM – 11:50 AM|
|Paper - III : Physics||12:20 PM – 1:30 PM|
|Paper - IV : Biology||2:20 PM – 3:30 PM|
Panjab University UG Important Dates 2017
|1||Date of Availability of PU – CET (U.G.) Prospectus |
and Online Entrance Test Form on the website
of Panjab University http://cetug.puchd.ac.in
|18th April, 2017 |
( Tuesday )
|2||Last date for submission of information on the website |
to generate the Bank Challan
|17th May, 2017|
( Wednesday )
|3||Last date for deposit of fee in any branch of State Bank |
of India using website generated Challan
|20th May, 2017|
( Saturday ) upto 4:00 PM
|4||Last date for uploading of photograph, signature with |
rest of the information on the website
|23rd May, 2017|
( Tuesday )
|5||Availability of Admit Card Online|
Admit Card will be available for downloading from the
website by the candidate using his/her own Login ID
and Password provided while generating Bank Challan.
The candidates will be communicated through email
only for this purpose.
|29th May, 2017 |
( Monday )
|6||Date of Entrance Test||4th June, 2017|
( Sunday )
|7||Centre for the Entrance Test||Chandigarh Only|
|8||Uploading of Answer Key and inviting Objections |
( through e-mail only )
|6th June, 2017 ( 1:00 PM )|
|9||Last date of submission of objections to the Answer Key||8th June, 2017 ( 1:00 PM )|
|10||Date of declaration of result||12th June, 2017|
( Monday )
|11||Date of availability of online Admission Form at http://cetug.puchd.ac.in||14th June, 2017 |
( Wednesday )
|12||Last date for filling up of online Admission Form||28th June, 2017 |
( Wednesday )
|13||Last date for submission of hard copy of Admission Form &|
copies of certificates to Coordinator, CET Admission Cell,
Department of Microbiology, BMS Block-I, Sector 25,
Chandigarh – 0172-2534140
|7th July, 2017 |
( Friday )
|14||Display of tentative Merit List on website||14th July, 2017|
( Friday )
|15||Dates for inviting Objections regarding merit firmed up |
on the basis of already filled up information by the candidate
|14th & 15th July, 2017 |
( Friday & Saturday )
|16||Online filling of preferences for B.Pharma and B.Sc. ( Hons. ) |
|14th & 15th July, 2017 |
( Friday & Saturday )
|17||Display of Provisional Merit List on website||18th July, 2017|
( Tuesday )
|18||Release of Seat Allocation List ( 1st online counselling )||18th July, 2017|
( Tuesday )
|19||Dates for reporting in the respective departments by the |
candidate on the basis of Seat Allocation List
|19th 20th & 21st July, 2017|
|20||Start of Classes|
( If a student does not attend any class upto 28th July, 2017 his / her seat shall be declared vacant without any notice. )
|24th July, 2017 |
( Monday )
|21||Reporting of vacant seats to the Coordinator by the respective Departments||28th & 29th July, 2017 ( by 4:00 PM )|
|22||Release of Seat Allocation List 2nd online counselling||1st August, 2017 |
( Tuesday )
|23||Dates for reporting in the respective departments by the |
candidate on the basis of Seat Allocation List
|2nd 3rd and 4th August, 2017|
|24||Reporting of vacant seats to the Coordinator by the respective departments||5th August, 2017 |
( Saturday ) ( by 4:00 PM )
|25||Dates for Physical Counselling|
Reserved Category ( including Additional Seats )
Conversion of Reserved Categories seats to General Category
7th August, 2017
8th August, 2017
8th August, 2017 ( 2:00 PM Onwards )