PGIMER 2021 Entrance Exam
Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research ( PGIMER ) invites admission Application for MDS / House Job programs for the academic session 2021 – 2022.
PGIMER 2021 Eligibility
To be eligible for admission to MDS / HOUSE JOB courses at the Institute, a candidate
- Must hold degree of Bachelor of Dental Surgery ( BDS ) of Panjab University or any other University recognized by Dental Council of India.
- Must have either completed, or due to complete, compulsory rotatory internship training on or before 31st December for January session and 30th June for July session respectively.
- Must be registered with Central / State Dental Registration Council.
- The candidates selected for House Job ( Oral Health Sciences ) are appointed for a period of six months. On recommendation of the Head of the department, this period can be extended upto one year.
- House Job will be offered once in the department for a maximum period of one year.
- Candidates are eligible for House Job within three years of obtaining the BDS degree.
- The candidates who have already done House Job in any Hospital or Institute are not eligible for House Job at PGIMER.
PGIMER 2021 Reservation Seats
Scheduled castes and tribes ( SC / ST )
Some seats for various MDS / House Job courses are reserved for candidates belonging to scheduled castes ( SC ) , scheduled tribes ( ST ) and other categories, as per instructions from Government of India, provided these candidates fulfill the minimum admission requirements prescribed by the Institute for the purpose. Candidates belonging to scheduled castes and tribes are required to furnish a certificate ( as per format given in Annexure 2 ) from the District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate / Collector / First Class Stipendiary Magistrate, Subdivisional Magistrate, Taluka Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Chief Presidency Magistrate / Presidency Magistrate, Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar, Sub Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and or his family normally resides / Administrator / Secretary to Administrator / Development Officer ( Lakshdweep Islands ) in support of their claims. The candidates must supply a Hindi / English Translation of their caste certificate along with the application.
Other backward classes ( OBC )
Reservation for candidates from other backward classes ( OBC ) is granted as per notification of Government of India issued vide OM No. 11015 / 1 / 2006- ME P-1 dated 24th April, 2008. The OBC certificate submitted by the candidates ( as per format given in Annexure 3 ) should have been issued by the competent authority within one year of the last date of submission of application. OBC certificates issued by the District Magistrate / Deputy Commissioner etc. only will be recognized for this purpose.
Person with Disability ( PWD )
3% seats are reserved for Person with Disability. If the disability involves only one lower limb, it should be a minimum of 50%, and should not exceed 70%. If the disability involves both lower limbs, the total disability should not exceed 70%, with a minimum of 50%. Candidates with disability of lower limbs between 50% and 70% shall be considered. In case candidates are not available in this category, thenm candidates with disability of lower limbs between 40% and 50% may be considered for admission.
The candidate must possess a valid document certifying his / her physical disability. The disability certificate should be produced by a duly constituted and authorized Medical Board of the state or Central Government Hospitals / institutions. The constitution of the Medical Board will be one consultant each from disciplines of Orthopedics, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, and Surgery.
Sponsored / Deputed Candidates
A candidate applying for admission as a sponsored / deputed candidate is required to take the print out of the online application form and furnish the following certificates with his / her application through his / her employer / Sponsoring Authority for admission to the course.
- That the candidate concerned is a permanent or regular employee of the deputing / sponsoring authority, and should have been working for at least last three years ( on or before 30th June / 31st December for July & January session respectively ) .
- That after getting training at PGIMER, Chandigarh, the candidate will be suitably employed by the deputing / sponsoring authority to work for at least five years in the specialty in which training is received by the candidate at the PGIMER.
- That no financial implications, in the form of emoluments / stipend etc. will devolve upon PGIMER, Chandigarh during the entire period of his / her course and such payment shall be the responsibility of the sponsoring authority.
Deputation / Sponsorship of candidates holding tenure appointments ( like house job, Junior or Senior Residency, adhoc or contract or honorary appointment against a leave vacancy ) shall not be accepted. Deputation / Sponsorship of any candidate by private hospitals, institutes or nursing homes is not accepted. The sponsoring Institute should not nominate more than one candidate for a specialty.
Sponsorship / deputation of candidates will be accepted only from the following :
- Central or State Government Departments / Institutions
- Autonomous Bodies of the Central or State Government
- Public sector colleges affiliated to universities and recognized by the MCI.
In case of candidate deputed / sponsored by the Medical College affiliated to Universities and recognized by Medical Council of India, deputation / sponsorship certificate signed by the Principal of Medical College concerned only shall be accepted.
Deputed / Sponsored candidates are also required to appear in the selection test. If selected for admission to any course of the Institute, these candidates are required to make their own arrangement for stay during the period of their studies.
PGIMER 2021 Online Application Form
- The candidate should fill his / her online application form available on the PGI website i.e. www.pgimer.edu.in. He / She should fill all the fields / columns of the form. No fields / columns should be left blank. After filling application form the candidate should deposit the application fee through challan form ( Triplicate ) in any branch of SBI.
- Candidates can go to any Branch of State Bank of India with the fee Payment Challan duly filled in and pay the prescribed Application Fee in the “Power Jyoti” PUL current account of PGIMER. The Challan form is required to be filled up in the name of Director, PGIMER, CHANDIGARH ( Examination ) in the Power Jyoti Account No. 32211613319 and those candidates who have SBI account can also pay their fee through i-collect service of SBI and I-collect Account No. is 32222954695.
- Candidates must note that no other mode for payment of application fee like Demand Draft, Banker Cheque, Money Order, Postal Order, etc. will be accepted under any circumstances, and any application form without a copy of the challan will be rejected without any further correspondence with the candidates.
- The candidate should ensure to take printout of application form after completing all details. Candidates belonging to Foreign National Category, Sponsored Category and Presently Employed candidates are required to submit their NOC from Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, New Delhi, Sponsorship Certificate from Competent Authority and NOC from Employer respectively. The Applications of above mentioned categories i.e. Foreign national and Sponsored category alongwith requisite certificates must reach the office of atleast 15 days before the commencement of the Entrance Examination.
- SC / ST candidates : ₹ 800 / –
- For General & all other categories : ₹ 1000 / –
PGIMER 2021 Selection Procedure
Candidates will be considered for selection based on a theory paper consisting of 100 multiple choice question ( MCQs ) with four alternatives each and a single correct or most appropriate response. The duration of this competitive entrance examination, to be conducted at various centres at Chandigarh, is 90 minutes. There will be no clinical / practical examination.
The maximum marks for this theory paper are 100, with each correct response being awarded with one mark. Each incorrect response will be penalized with negative score of –0.25 marks. A common merit list for MDS course and House Jobs will be prepared based on marks obtained the candidates appearing in the theory examination.
Candidates of various categories will qualify for admission if they secure minimum marks in theory examination, as mentioned against each category:
- Open ( General ) and Sponsored / Deputed : 50 marks
- OBC and SC / ST : 45 marks
If two or more candidates obtain equal scores, then inter-se merit for selection shall be determined on the following basis :
- A candidate who has obtained higher aggregate marks in BDS examination shall rank higher to a candidate who has obtained lower marks.
- If the aggregate marks obtained in BDS examination are the same, then a candidate senior in age shall rank higher to a candidate who is junior in age.
PGIMER 2021 Admit Card
Allocation of various seats will be done on the basis of a personal counselling, strictly in order of merit in the merits list of the theory examination. The number of candidates to be called for the interview will be three times the total number of seats to be filled for each category of candidates, provided the candidates fulfill the cut-off points mentioned above. The selection will be finalized only after the candidates are interviewed by the Selection Committee. This interview with Selection Committee does not carry any marks. Any candidate who is absent at the time of interview will not be considered for admission. Under exceptional circumstances, if any candidate reports for counseling after his / her turn, he / she will be considered for admission only in the disciplines available at that time.
There will be a common merit list for both MDS course and House Job. The candidates with top ranks in the merit list will be offered MDS courses, and candidates lower in the merit list will be considered for House Job. If, a candidate refuses to accept House Job as per merit list, his / her name will still be allowed to continue in the waiting list for MDS.
Roll Numbers / Admit Cards for appearing in the entrance examination will be available for download to eligible candidates approximately 15 days in advance and can be downloaded from the website by logging into their accounts on the website with their respective login ID and password. Roll Numbers / Admit Cards will NOT be sent by post.
- No TA / DA shall be paid to candidates for attending any Counseling. No separate communication will be issued for counseling.
- Admission to all courses will close on 31st January / 31st July for January and July sessions respectively.
PGIMER 2021 Results
PGIMER 2021 Exam Date
PGIMER 2021 Entrance Exam was conducted on Last week of November, 2021 .
PGIMER 2021 Result Date
PGIMER 2021 Result has been declared
PGIMER 2021 Counseling
Entrance examination / counselling will be held as per schedule. These dates will not be changed, even if the day is declared as a holiday or half-holiday by the Chandigarh Administration. Attending the counseling / counseling is mandatory.
PGIMER 2021 Important Dates
|1||Starting Date for Filling of Application Form||1st April, 2018|
|2||Last date for online submission of application form||30th April, 2018|
|3||Last date for making Application Fee payment||04th May, 2018|
|4||Date of PGIMER 2018 Entrance Examination||03rd June, 2018 at 10:00 A.M. ( Sunday )|
|5||Declaration of PGIMER 2018 Result||04th June, 2018 at 11:00 A.M.( Monday )|
|6||PGIMER House Job Counselling||06th June, 2018 at 02:30 P.M. ( Wednesday )|
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.