PGIMER 2020 MSc Entrance Exam
Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research ( PGIMER ) invites admission Application for M.Sc programs for the academic session 2020 – 2021.
PGIMER 2020 MSc Courses Offered
- M.Sc. Pharmacology
- M.Sc ( Respiratory Care )
- M.Sc. ( Biochemistry )
- M.Sc. ( Medical Biotechnology )
- M.Sc. ( Anatomy )
Duration of Course
- The duration of the courses is Two Academic Years.
PGIMER 2020 MSc Eligibility
MBBS passed or its equivalent qualification from a University / Institute recognized by the Medical Council of India or B.Sc ( Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry taken together ) or B.V.Sc. or B. Pharma passed from a recognized University. Candidates who possess the qualification of MBBS should not have more than one attempt made during MBBS course. For Gen / OBC candidates the candidates belonging to SC / ST with two attempts during MBBS course will be eligible.
The candidates who have a “Failure” in the MBBS examination or “Compartment” or “Reappear” in the examination will constitute an attempt. The duration of the course will be two Academic years All candidates who fulfill the eligibility qualifications mentioned above shall appear in a theory paper containing objective type of question. The duration of theory paper will be one and half hours. The question paper will comprise 100 multiple choice questions relating to fundamentals of Human Anatomy, Biochemistry, physiology, and Pharmacology.
Note : The candidates applying for the above courses, the qualification possessed by them as mentioned in the prospectus should have recognized by the Punjab University / UGC.
M.Sc ( Respiratory Care )
For General Candidate
- B.Sc. in Medical Laboratory Technology or B.Sc. in Nursing or B.Sc. Medical or Bachelor of Physiotherapy from any University within India or equivalent degree from any other recognized University / Institute with at least 55% marks.
For Sponsored Candidate
- B.Sc. in Medical Laboratory Technology or B.Sc. in Nursing or B.Sc. Medical or Bachelor of Physiotherapy from any University within India or equivalent degree from any other recognized University / Institute with at least 55% marks and at least 3 years experience in their respective fields after obtaining qualification of B.Sc. A candidate applying for admission as a sponsored / deputed candidate is required to take the printout of the online application form and furnish the following certificates with his / her application through his / her employer / Sponsoring Authority for admission to the course.
NB : The degree must be recognized by the Medical / Dental Council of India / University Grants Commission / AICTE.
M. Sc. ( Biochemistry )
- B.Sc. or B.Sc. ( Hons. ) or B.Sc. ( Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry taken together ) from a recognized University or Institute with 55% marks for general category and 50% for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes / Tribes / OBC. Duration of the Course two academic years.
M.Sc. ( Medical Biotechnology )
- B.Sc. with 55% marks in any subject of Life / Biological Sciences for General category and 50% marks for the candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC category or MBBS from a recognized University / Institute. The duration of the course will be two academic years.
M.Sc. ( Anatomy )
The candidate must possess one of the following qualification and should have secured at least 55% marks for general category ( 50% marks in case of SC / ST / OBC candidates ) in aggregate in the qualifying examination:-
- MBBS / BDS
- B.Sc with Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry
- B.Sc. Nursing
- Bachelor of Physical Therapy ( or )
M.Sc. Physical Anthropology, Zoology or Human Biology with 50% marks for general category and 45% marks for SC / ST / OBC category candidates.
PGIMER 2020 MSc Reservation Seats
- Seats are reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes / Tribes / OBC only for M.Sc Courses in accordance with the decision of the governing Body of the Institute.
- No emoluments / scholarship or any other financial assistance is provided by the Institute to the candidates admitted to M .Sc. courses
PGIMER 2020 MSc Application Form
- After opening the PGIMER website i.e. www.pgimer.edu.in, the candidate will open the Online Application Form available on the website and fill up various columns.
- After filling up all the columns, the candidate will generate Challan Form and deposit the requisite fee in any Branch of State Bank of India anywhere in India. After that the candidate fill the Challan Form No. / I-collect No. in the Application Form.
- The candidate will fill Online Application form, upload latest scanned photograph and signature in available space on the Online Application Form.
- The candidate will upload all the scanned relevant certificates / annexures and fill the Challan Form No. / I-collect No. after deposting the requisite fee.
- Roll numbers and Admit cards will be issued to only those candidates who found complete in all respects.
PGIMER 2020 Application Fee
- For General / OBC / Spon candidates : ₹ 1000 / –
- For SC / ST Candidates : ₹ 800 / –
All candidates are directed to deposit the above fees in any State Bank of India branch by filling the challan form in the name of Director, PGIMER, Chandigarh ( Examination ) , in the Power Jyoti Account No. 32211613319. The candidates can also pay their fee through i-collect service No. 32222954695.
Dates for submission of online applications and Generation of Challan forms / paymentfrom i-collect is from May, 2020 however State Bank of India will accept the fees of those applicants whose challan form is generated on or before May, 2020.
PGIMER 2020 MSc Selection Procedure
M.Sc. Biochemistry & Med. Biotechnology
- The selection of candidates for M. Sc. Biochemistry & Med. Biotechnology courses will be made on the basis of a theory paper carrying 100 marks.
- All candidates who fulfill the eligibility qualifications mentioned above shall appear in a theory paper containing objective type of questions. The duration of the theory paper will be one and half hours.
Part – 1 : ( 60 Marks ) : Common to all candidates applying for admission to M.Sc. ( Biochemistry ) and M.Sc. ( Medical Biotechnology ) as per details given below:-
- Chemical Sciences : 15 marks
- Physics / Biophysics : 15 marks
- General Mathematics / Statistics : 10 marks
- Life Sciences ( Botany, Zoology, Microbiology ) : 20 marks
Part – 2 : ( 40 Marks )
Section – A
- Biochemistry : 30 marks
- Molecular ( Biology ) : 10 marks
Section – A : will be attempted by the candidates seeking admission to M.Sc ( Biochemistry ) course.
Section – B
- Molecular Biology : 20 marks
- Human Genetics : 20 marks
Section – B : will be attempted by the candidates seeking admission to M.Sc. Medical Biotechnology course.
Those appearing for both specialties will be given extra half an hour to attempt the second section.
M.Sc. Anatomy, Pharmacology & Respiratory Care Courses
The selection of candidates for M.Sc Anatomy, Pharmacology & Respiratory Care will be made on the basis of a theory paper carrying 100 marks. All candidates who fulfill the eligibility qualifications mentioned above shall appear in a theory paper containing objective type of question. The duration of theory paper will be one and half hours except M.Sc Respiratory Care which will be of one hour. The question paper will comprise 100 multiple choice questions relating to fundamentals of Human Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology and Pharmacology.
NB: There will be negative marking in the theory paper to the extent of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
Merit list of candidates based on their examination will be prepared separately for general category candidates; and for those belonging to Schedule caste / Tribes. The General category candidates who secure atleast 50% marks ( 45% in case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes / Tribes / OBC wherever applicable in the theory examination will only qualify for admission. The candidates will be invited for interview strictly in the order of merit based on their marks for the theory examination. The number of candidates to be invited for interview will be three times, the total number of seats to be filled in each category provided candidates fulfilling the cutoff point mentioned above are available. Candidates will then be interviewed by a Selection Committee appointed by the Institute for the purpose which will select the candidates found suitable for admission. The interview with the Selection Committee is mandatory and will not carry any marks.
If two or more candidates obtained equal marks in the entrance examination then inter-semerit for selection to the course shall be determined on the basis of the following :
- A candidate who has made more attempts in passing B.Sc / B.Sc. Medical Technology examination would rank junior to the candidate who has made lesser attempts.
- If attempts made in passing of B.Sc. / B.Sc. Medical Technology examinations are also the same, then candidate who has obtained higher marks in B.Sc. / B.Sc. Medical Technology examination would rank senior to a candidate obtaining lesser marks.
- If attempts made in passing B.Sc. / B.Sc. Medical Technology examinations and the marks obtained in B.Sc. / B.Sc. Medical Technology examinations are also same, then the candidate senior in age shall rank senior to the candidate junior in age.
NB: The admission to the course is initially made on probation for a period of three months. At the end of 3 months, if the performance of the candidate is not found to be satisfactory, his / her admission may be cancelled.
The candidates from SC / ST category having 15 years of regular service, who wish to pursue M.Sc Medical Technlogy course of the Institute, as an in-service candidate for the purpose of eligibility for admission to Medical Technology course of the Insttute, accorded for relaxation of 5% marks in the B.Sc Medical Technology Degree to the candididates.
PGIMER 2020 MSc Results
PGIMER 2020 MSc Exam Date
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research MSc 2020 Entrance Exam will be conducted on14th June, 2020
PGIMER 2020 MSc Result Date
PGIMER 2020 MSc Result Date : PGIMER 2020 MSc Results will be declared on 1st July, 2020.
Please keep watching this page, to check your PGIMER MSc Results 2020…
To know more about PGIMER MSc Entrance Exam – Click Here
PGIMER 2020 MSc Important Dates
|1||Date of PGIMER 2018 Entrance Examination||8th July, 2018 ( Sunday ) at 10:00 AM|
|2||Declaration of PGIMER 2018 Result||9th July, 2018 ( Monday ) at 11:00 AM|
|3||PGIMER 2018 Counseling||11th July, 2018 ( Wednesday ) at 3:00 PM|
Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research,
Sector – 12 Chandigarh – 160012.
Telephone no : 0172 – 2755569
Fax : 0172 – 2744401, 2744376
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.pgimer.edu.in
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.