National Institute of Siddha Entrance Exam 2017
National Institute of Siddha invites applications for admission to the MD Siddha Course for the year 2017 – 2018.
The Institute is affiliated to The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai – 32 and it follows the syllabus and curriculum approved by the Central Council of Indian Medicine ( CCIM ). Postgraduate Departments at the Institute were started in 2004.
Based on the marks obtained in the entrance examination conducted by the Institute the students are selected and admitted in the following Postgraduate Courses :
- MD Siddha – Maruthuvam
- MD Siddha – Gunapadam
- MD Siddha – Sirappu Maruthuvam
- MD Siddha – Kuzhandhai Maruthuvam
- MD Siddha – Noi Naadal
- MD Siddha – Nanjunoolum Maruthuva Neethinoolum
National Institute of Siddha MD 2017 Eligibility
A pass in B.I.M / B.S.M.S Degree Examination of any Indian University with successful completion of Compulsory Rotatory Resident Internship ( C.R.R.I ). Candidates who have completed or will be completing C.R.R.I before the date of Entrance Examination alone are eligible to apply for the M.D. ( Siddha ) Degree Course. (or)
A pass in the examination considered equivalent to the afore – mentioned Siddha Degrees by The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai and the Central Council of Indian Medicine, New Delhi, with successful completion of Compulsory Rotatory Resident Internship ( C.R.R.I ) in the Hospital of Indian Systems of Medicine recognized by the Central Council of Indian Medicine, New Delhi.
The candidates should have registered their names either in State Council of Indian Medicine or Central Council of Indian Medicine.
- Candidates who had discontinued M.D. ( Siddha ) Course from this Institute on any ground can also apply again for admission, if their discontinuance has not resulted in a seat being wasted. On the other hand, if their discontinuance had resulted in a seat being wasted, they can apply only after two years from the date of discontinuance.
- Candidates possessing M.D. ( Siddha ) degree in any discipline can apply for another discipline. But stipend will not be paid for the candidates doing M.D.(S) course in another Branch for the second time.
National Institute of Siddha MD 2017 Course Duration
Siddha National Institute MD Siddha course is of three years duration with examinations at the end of each academic year. After successful completion of the three years course, The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R Medical University will award the Postgraduate Degree in Siddha Medicine i.e. M.D. ( Siddha ).
National Institute of Siddha MD 2017 Exam Pattern
- National Institute of Siddha Entrance Examination will be conducted on October, 2017 in a single session of 3 hours duration ( 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM ) at the venue indicated in the hall ticket.
- National Institute of Siddha Entrance Examination will be of undergraduate level covering all the subjects taught in B.S.M.S course as per new syllabus and the questions will be in the objective type in Tamil and English. There will be 250 objective type questions with four responses A, B, C and D.
- Each question will carry 1 ( One ) mark. Incorrect response will have negative marking. For incorrect response 0.25 mark will be deducted, zero mark will be given for questions not answered. Indication of more than one answer or illegible response will be negatively marked. The maximum marks will be compounded to 100.
To know more about National Institute of Siddha Entrance Exam Click Here
National Institute of Siddha MD Seats 2017
|Branch||Course Name||Number of Seats|
|IV||Kuzhandhai Maruthuvam||8 ( 7+1 ) BIMSTEC|
|VI||Nanjunoolum Maruthuva Neethinoolum||7|
|Total||46 ( 45 + 1 ) BIMSTEC|
* The number of seats indicated above are provisional and are subject to change as per recommendation of CCIM.
National Institute of Siddha MD 2017 Seats Reservation
Out of the total seats, one seat is allotted for a Foreign ( BIMSTEC ) student by rotation from any one of the existing Branches. This year 2017 – 18, it is allotted to Branch – III Sirappu Maruthuvam. If the seat remains vacant after the deadline the vacant seat shall be offered to Indian student from the General Category on merit basis.
Out of the remaining seats, 15% are reserved for natural born SC candidates, 7.5% for natural born ST candidates and 27% for OBC candidates. ( In respect of OBC candidates, certificate of OBC status and exclusion from creamy layer for the year 2017 – 18 should be produced )
If the seat reserved for ST category remains unfilled after exhausting the waiting list of the said category the same shall be filled from the candidates belonging to the SC category on the basis of their merit in the National Institute of Siddha MD written Entrance Examination 2017.
National Institute of Siddha MD 2017 Special Category Seats
Siddha National Institute 3% of the total seats from the General category is reserved for Physically Handicapped candidates with locomotory disabilities of lower limbs between 50% and 70% under the Disability Act subject to the condition that the disability certificate issued by a duly constituted and authorized Medical Board is produced and the candidate possesses the minimum eligibility criteria as per MCI ( Medical Council of India ) guidelines*.
The Candidates should be otherwise fit medically. This seat is allotted on rotation basis among various branches. This year 2014 – 15, it is allotted to Kuzhandhai Maruthuvam Branch. However if the suitable candidate is not available, the seat will be filled up from the General Category on Merit Basis. Candidates aspiring to get seat under this special category should apply specifically along with the valid disability certificate.
- If it involves only one lower limb it should have a minimum of 50% and should not exceed 70%.
- If it involves both the lower limbs the total disability should not exceed 70% with a minimum of 50%.
- In case candidates are not available in that category then the candidates with disability of lower limbs between 40% to 50% will also be considered for admission. In case disable candidates are not available under P.H. category, candidate from general category will be considered for admission.
In addition to any other medical certificate, the candidate for seeking the benefit of reservation as stated above should present himself / herself before a Medical Board comprising of at least one Expert / Specialist from the specialty of Orthopedics of a Central Government Hospital / Medical Institution in Delhi and Union territories and from State Medical Boards in the States and obtain a valid disability certificate from the Medical Board having been issued within three months prior to presenting his application for seeking admission in any medical course by claiming the benefit of reservation. In other words, the last valid disability certificate of the candidate from a Medical Board should not be more than three months old from the date of submitting his / her application for seeking admission in the reserved category for disabled candidates.
To know more about National Institute of Siddha Seats Click Here
National Institute of Siddha MD 2017 Application Form
National Institute of Siddha MD Application Forms can be downloaded from the website www.nischennai.org.
Candidate have to pay the application Fee of 1250/- 900/- for SC / ST.
Demand draft for 1250/- ( Rupees one thousand Two hundred and fifty only ) in case of General Category and 900/- ( Rupees Nine hundred only ) for SC / ST category drawn on any Nationalised Bank in favour of ‘The Director, National Institute of Siddha’ payable at Chennai towards application fee. Name and Address of the applicant should be mentioned at the backside of the Demand draft with contact number.
Submission of Application Form
Completed application forms with enclosures may be handed over in person or sent by Registered Post / Courier Service / Speed Post so as to reach to the following address on or before 5:00 PM on October, 2017.
National Institute of Siddha,
Chennai – 600 047,
Tamil Nadu, India.
National Institute of Siddha MD 2017 Hall Ticket
Siddha MD 2017 Hall Tickets Hall tickets will be sent only to eligible candidates. Admission to the entrance examination does not confer on the candidate the right of admission to the course if found ineligible later.
Candidates who do not receive the hall tickets in time may contact the following address :
Selection Committee / Director,
National Institute of Siddha,
Chennai – 600 047.
Two days prior to the date of entrance examination with relevant documentary evidences in support of submitting the application form. Candidates without Hall ticket will not be allowed to write the examination.
National Institute of Siddha MD 2017 Admission Procedure
- National Institute of Siddha MD Admission to the course will be made strictly based on the marks obtained in the Entrance Examination. Total Marks for Entrance Exam is 100.
- Candidates securing 50% or above of the total marks for the General category, Special category ( Locomotory disability ) and the Reserved Category of OBC and 40% or above of the total marks for the reserved categories of SC / ST only will be eligible for counseling for M.D. ( Siddha ) course.
- In case more than one candidate has secured the same total marks the tie shall be resolved on the basis of the following order of priority :
- Seniority in age.
- Percentage of marks obtained in the Final year examinations ( Theory, Oral and Clinical marks ).
- Least number of attempts in passing the final year examination.
- Option and allotment of Branches will be made at the time of counseling to be conducted at National Institute of Siddha, Chennai. Candidates who are absent for counseling will lose their right for admission.
- Branch once opted and allotted to the candidate at the time of counseling will not be changed subsequently under any circumstances.
- The candidates who are selected for admission shall pay a sum of 17,000/- ( Rupees Seventeen Thousand only ) by way of a Demand Draft on any Nationalized Bank drawn in favour of the Director, National Institute of Siddha, Tambaram Sanatorium, Chennai – 600 047, payable at Chennai, at the time of counseling. The amount so paid by the candidate will be adjusted against the other fees payable to the Institute. Physical Fitness Certificate from a Competent authority should be submitted at the time of joining the course. If the candidate fails to join the course after getting allotment order and within the stipulated time the amount paid at the time of counseling will be forfeited.
- The admissions for M.D. ( Siddha ) course will close on the cut off date prescribed by The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University for the academic year 2015 – 16. Unauthorized absence by the selected candidate continuously for one month and above from the date of commencement of the course will be treated as ‘discontinuation of the course’ and the candidate has to give a declaration to this effect at the time of counseling itself.
To know more about National Institute of Siddha Application Form Click Here
National Institute of Siddha MD 2017 Results
National Institute of Siddha Exam Date
National Institute of Siddha MD Entrance Exam was conducted on October, 2017.
National Institute of Siddha Results
National Institute of Siddha MD Entrance Exam results has been declared.
To know more about National Institute of Siddha Results Click Here
National Institute of Siddha MD 2017 Important Dates
|1||Date of downloading of MD Siddha application form commences from||August, 2017
|2||Last date for receipt of filled in National Institute of Siddha application form||October, 2017|
|3||Date of National Institute of Siddha MD Entrance Examination||October, 2017
at 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
|4||Date of National Institute of Siddha MD Counselling||October, 2017|
National Institute of Siddha,
Chennai – 600 047,
Phone No. : 044 – 22411611,
Fax No. : 044 – 22381314,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.nischennai.org.