SRU AFIH Admission 2017
Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai applications are invited for admission to the Associate Fellow of Industrial Health Course for the academic year of 2017.
This 3 month full time program will provide intensive training for medical professionals to acquire skills for occupational health practice. The course contents and curricula have been framed as per guidelines issued by the Academic Council of AFIH, Industrial Medicine Division, Central Labour Institute, DGFASLI, Mumbai.
The training will prepare candidates for the qualifying examination to be conducted by the Examination Board of DGFASLI at the end of the 3 month period and successful candidates will be awarded a post graduate certificate entitled “ASSOCIATE FELLOW OF INDUSTRIAL HEALTH” which will fulfill the requirements in terms of additional qualification of Factory Medical Officers of Hazardous Process Industries as required under the Factories (Amendment) Act, 1987. This academic year the program will be administered between 01st December, 2016 and 28th February, 2017.
Number of SRU Admission Seats 2017 : 25
SRU AFIH Eligibility 2017
- MBBS Degree from an Institution recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- Completion of Internship.
- Permanent Registration with the Medical Council of India / State Medical Council.
- A minimum of 1 year experience as full – time Medical Officer in an industrial Occupational Health facility or 2 years in general practice, after the date of completion of internship.
SRU AFIH Admission 2017 Application Form
- Application form can be downloaded from http://srmc-ehe.org.in/
- Applications complete in all respects, along with a Demand Draft for 1000/- towards Application Fee drawn on any nationalized bank, in favour of “Sri Ramachandra University”, payable at Chennai, and attested photocopies of certificates (as listed in the Application Form) should reach The Head, Department of Environmental Health Engineering, Sri Ramachandra University, No. 1, Ramachandra Nagar, Porur, Chennai – 600 116, Tamil Nadu, by Registered Post with Acknowledgement Due only. The envelope containing the application should be superscribed “Application for Admission into AFIH 2016”.
- Applicants working in Govt. / Public sector undertakings / Autonomous Bodies etc. should apply through proper channel. Incomplete applications will be summarily rejected.
SRU AFIH Admission 2017 Selection
- Eligible candidates will be admitted after an interview, on the basis of recommendations made by the interview panel. The candidates should bring all the original certificates and documents at the time of admission for verification.
SRU AFIH 2017 Important Dates
||SRU AFIH Last Date for the receipt of duly filled Application
||16th November, 2016
||Date of Interview
||23rd November, 2016
Sri Ramachandra University,
Sri Ramachandra Nagar,
Porur, Chennai – 600 116,
Telephone No : +91 – 44 – 45928547,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.srmc-ehe.org.in.
Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai invites application for admission to Master of Public Health ( MPH ) session 2013.
SRU Chennai Admission 2013 Course Outline
- Fundamentals of Occupational Health. Physiology and Industrial Toxicology
- Introduction to Epidemiology
- Introduction to Biostatistics
- Introduction to Occupational and Environmental Health
- Environmental and Occupational Toxicology
- Professional Skills Development
- Toxicology and Environmental Quality Monitoring Lab
- Applied Epidemiology
- Intermediate Biostatistics
- Fundamentals of Industrial Hygiene
- Fundamentals of Industrial Safety
- Industrial Hygiene and Safety Lab
- Environmental Exposure Assessment Strategies and Control Techniques
- Social and Behavioral Sconces in Health
- Health Policy and Management
- International health
- Public Health Nutrition
- Advanced seminar series ( Occupational & Environmental Health )
- Exposure Assessment Lab
- Field practicum in Occupational and Environmental Health
Commencement and Sri Ramachandra University Duration : The course has been designed as a two – year degree program and starts in July of every academic year.
SRU Chennai Admission 2013 Eligibility
Candidates for admission to the Master of Public Health course in Occupational & Environmental Health should have passed MBBS. BDS. Health sciences Degree ( 4 years of Duration ), BTECH ( Chemical Engineering ), BE ( Civil or Public Health Engineering ) MSc ( Chemistry. Zoology. Botany. Environmental Sciences ) Degree awarded by any recognized University.
Number of SRU Chennai Admission 2013 Seats : 10 *
*Out of ten seats 3 seats will be allotted to candidates sponsored by industry / government.
SRU Chennai Admission 2013 Fee : The tuition fee per academic year is 1.25.000/*.
Department of Environmental Health Engineering,
Sri Ramachandra University,
Porur, Chennai – 600 116,
Tamil Nadu, India.
Tele Phone No. : +91-44-45928547,
Fax : +91-44-2476 7008,
E-mail : email@example.com.
SRU Admission 2017
- M.D. / M.S. Clinical / M.Ch. Neuro Surgery ( 6 Years ) Degree Courses : ( Group-A )
- M.D. Non-Clinical Degree Courses : ( Group-B )
- M.D.S. Degree Courses : ( Group-C )
Duration of the Sri Ramachandra University Admission Courses
1. Postgraduate Degree courses is three academic years.
2. M.Ch. Neuro Surgery ( 6 years ) Degree course is six academic years.
- Separate application forms should be submitted for each Group.
- The Entrance Examination is conducted on All India basis and therefore candidates belonging to any State / Union Territory in India are also eligible to apply for the Entrance Examination.
SRU Chennai Admission 2016 Eligibility
|B.Tech ( 4 years )|
Integrated Courses :
B.Tech & M.Tech ( 5 years )
B.Tech & MBA ( 5 years )
|Pass in 10 +2 or its equivalent with a minimum average of 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics and 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics is applicable in case of SC / ST students.
Age Limit : No age limit for taking admission as per the Government of Odisha norms.
Entrance Test: CUEE / OJEE / AIEEE or any other National Level Entrance Test.
|B.Tech - Lateral ( 3 years )||Pass in three years diploma course in Engineering with at least 50% marks in aggregate from State Council of Technical Education & Vocation Training of any state OR Pass or appearing in 2014, for the Bachelor\'s Degree examination of three years duration in Science from any University of India or equivalent recognized by UGC and have passed
with a minimum of 50 % marks in aggregate ( 2nd division ) with Mathematics at +3 level.
Results of final diploma examination must be available on the date of
|Diploma in Engineering ( 3 Years )||Candidates who have passed 10th examination or ITI pass are eligible to apply for Diploma Course.
|B.Sc with Integrated M.Sc ( 5 years ) |
B.Sc Agriculture ( 4 years )
|Pass in 10 +2 Science, an excellent academic career with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology / Information Technology
Eligibility Criteria for B.Sc. Agriculture is
10 +2 Science or equivalent with PCB ( 50% ) and also in aggregate
Other criteria shall be as per provisions of the University, formulated
for the purpose from time to time.
Entrance Test: CUEE / OUAT / ICAR or any other National Level Entrance Test
|M.Tech. ( 2 years ) ||Must have qualified Bachelor of Technology Degree in the appropriate branch of Engineering of the university or a degree recognized as equivalent to it by the University.
Should satisfy the criteria fixed by the Academic Council for the purpose of
admission such as :
• Valid GATE score
• Valid PGET Rank Card
• Percentage marks or Cumulative Grade Point Average ( CGPA ) based on the performance at the B.Tech examination.
• Sponsorship to the Program by outside agencies
• Performance at Entrance test.
|MBA ( 2 years )||Pass or appearing in 2014 for the Bachelor\'s Degree examination in any discipline from any University of India or equivalent recognized by UGC.
Should have qualified in any of the nationally accepted entrance tests like CAT / XAT / MAT / CET of states.
There is no Age limit to for admission to MBA course. Those appearing for the
final year examination may also apply provided they will complete all the course
work by July, 2014 and get their certificates by August, 2014.
SRU Chennai Admission 2016 Application Form
1. The application form downloaded from the University’s website, and a Demand Draft for 500/- (Rupees Five hundred only) drawn in favour of “Sri Ramachandra University” payable at Chennai should be enclosed towards the application and examination fee. The downloaded application duly filled in should be sent with all enclosures in a A4 size envelope.
2. Please write the name of the Course Group applied for, in the second page of the Application form.
3. Application will be rejected summarily, if incomplete or sent without enclosing the relevant certificates.
4. Admission is subject to fulfillment of all the prescribed eligibility conditions by the candidate. If it is found either at the time of admission or at a later stage, that the candidate has given false information / certificate or concealed material information, his / her selection shall be cancelled and the student shall be dismissed from the college immediately.
5. The University reserves the right to change the curriculum, course structure and the rules relating to admission, examinations, fee structure, refunds, etc.
6. All disputes arising in the interpretation and implementation of the provisions contained in this prospectus will be referred to the Vice – Chancellor of the University and the Vice – Chancellor’s decision shall be final and binding.
7. In respect of matters relating to or arising out of this prospectus the jurisdiction shall lie in Chennai alone.
8. Certificates to be enclosed : Photocopy of the following certificates should be enclosed with the Entrance Examination Application Form :
- MBBS / BDS Degree Course Mark Statements pertaining to First year to Final year;
- Consolidated Statement of Marks;
- Attempt Certificate ( First year to Final year );
- Community Certificate ( SC / ST / OBC Candidates must enclose photocopy of the Certificate )
- Birth Certificate
- MBBS / BDS Provisional Pass Certificate – I / II or Degree Certificate;
- Internship Certificate;
- State Medical Council’s / State Dental Council’s Permanent Registration Certificate
- Transfer Certificate / Migration Certificate / HSC Mark Statement; and
- Conduct Certificate issued by the Head of the Institution last studied.
SRU Chennai Admission 2016 Hall Ticket
Sri Ramachandra University Hall Ticket for the Entrance Examination will be issued only to the eligible Candidates and despatched to reach the candidates on or before 30th November, 2015 ( Monday ). If any candidate does not receive the Hall Ticket as on 04th December, 2015 ( Friday ), he / she should contact the office of the Registrar of University over phone ( 044 – 2476 8403 or 2476 8027 ) or report by fax ( 044 – 2476 5995 or 2476 7008 ) immediately. For such candidates, duplicate Hall Ticket will be issued on the previous day of the Entrance Examination 05th December, 2015 ( Saturday ) at the University office. The candidate should bring a copy of the identical passport size photograph already pasted on the Hall Ticket.
SRU Chennai Admission 2016 Exam Centers
The candidates have to appear for the Entrance Examination at their own expense.
Sri Ramachandra University,
Porur, Chennai – 600 116.
SRU Chennai Admission 2016 Exam Pattern
a. For Postgraduate M.D / M.S ( Clinical ) / M.Ch. Neuro Surgery ( 6 years ) Degree Courses ( Group – A ) : The Entrance Examination will consist of 180 multiple choice questions ( single best response ) covering important aspects of the subjects prescribed for MBBS Degree Course with more thrust on the clinical areas.
b. For Postgraduate M.D. ( Non – Clinical ) Degree Courses ( Group – B ) : The Entrance Examination will Consist of 180 multiple choice questions ( single best response ) covering important aspects of the subjects prescribed for MBBS Degree Course with more thrust on the non – clinical subjects.
c. For M.D.S. Postgraduate Degree Courses ( Group – C ) : The Entrance Examination will consist of 180 multiple Choice questions ( single best response ) covering important aspects of the subjects prescribed for B.D.S. Degree Course.
d. The duration of the Entrance Examination will be 3 hours.
e. All questions carry equal marks. There will be no negative mark for wrong answer. Correct answer must be shaded with ball point pen in the OMR Answer Sheet supplied with the question booklet.
SRU Chennai Admission 2016 Mode of Selection
- Selection will be made on the basis of the marks secured by the candidates in the Entrance Examination. Intimation letters will be sent to the candidates provisionally selected for admission in the order of merit and branch allotment will be made through counselling.
- Candidates must also have secured not less than 50% marks ( In case of SC / ST & OBC 40% ) in the Entrance Examination.
- In the case of candidates who secure same marks in the Entrance Examination, selection will be made based on their academic performance in the qualifying examination prescribed for admission.
- In order to facilitate the above ranking process, candidates should submit their copy of first year to final year / final semester qualifying examinations mark statement failing which they will lose rank position in the rank list as indicated in sub clause.
- Results will be published in the University notice board and also in the University Website www.sriramachandra.edu.in
SRU Chennai Admission 2016 Application Last Date
a) Entrance Examination application form duly filled in and securely fastened with the enclosures may be submitted in person or sent by Registered Post / Speed Post / Courier Service to reach the following address on or before 25th November, 2015 ( Wednesday ).
Sri Ramachandra University,
Porur, Chennai – 600 116
b) The application form downloaded from the website, should be submitted in a large envelope (A4 size) without folding it.
c) Application Form, if any, delivered after 5.00 P.M. on 25th November, 2015 ( Wednesday ) will be rejected summarily.
d) Candidates are advised to send the filled in applications well in advance to avoid any delay in transit.
e) The University shall not be liable for any postal delay or loss in transit.
SRU Chennai Admission 2016 Exam Date
|B.Tech ( Regular )