SVIMS MD Entrance Exam 2016
Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences conducts SVIMSPGET Entrance Exam for MD Courses for the year 2016 – 2017.
SVIMS MD Eligibility 2016
- The candidates who have passed MBBS degree from a medical college recognized by MCI and completed internship at the time of their applying are eligible. The candidates who will be completing internship on or before 31st March, 2016 are also eligible to apply and such candidates have to submit their application along with internship completion certificate.
- Must have registered with the Medical Council of India / State Medical Council.
- Candidates who are already studying PG Degree / Diploma course shall not be permitted to appear for entrance test unless they fulfill the requisite bond condition executed for the course they are presently enrolled in and shall submit an evidence in favor of the same from the University.
Note : If the candidate is found to have submitted false / concealed information, he / she is liable to be disqualified for admission and in case already admitted, the admission will be cancelled and disciplinary action will be taken.
SVIMS MD Reservation of Seats 2016
Distribution of SVIMSET Seats for Various Courses 2016 :
|S.NO||NAME OF THE COURSE||DURATION||NO. OF SEATS||BASIC QUALIFICATION REQUIRED|
|1||MD ( Anaesthesiology )||3 Years||08||MBBS and completed internship by 31st March, 2016|
|2||MD ( Biochemistry )||3 Years||01|
|3||MD ( Emergency Medicine )||3 Years||02|
|4||MD ( Transfusion Medicine )||3 Years||01|
|5||MD ( Medicine )||3 Years||04|
|6||MD ( Microbiology )||3 Years||01|
|7||MD ( Nuclear Medicine )||3 Years||02|
|8||MD ( Pathology )||3 years||02|
|9||MD ( Radiotherapy )||3 years||02|
|10||MD ( Radiodiagnosis )||3 years||02|
Statutory Reservations :
1. The statutory reservations applicable to the candidates of the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Backward classes belonging to the State of Andhra Pradesh only which are specified by the Govt. of A.P from time to time shall be considered. They are called vertical reservations.
- The reservations to SC, ST and BC categories shall be 15, 6 and 29% respectively in each Speciality.
- The number of seats for SC, ST and BCs shall be maintained as per reservations.
- 29% of seats for BC shall be distributed as BC – A – 7%, BC – B – 10%, BC – C – 1%, BC – D – 7% and BC – E – 4%.
- The permanent social status certificate issued for SC / ST / BC categories shall be subject to the scrutiny as per the orders of the Govt. during admission.
2. Rule of Reservation for Person with Disability ( PWD ) shall be on fulfillment of the following :
- There shall be 3% reservation in 100 point roster system on horizontal basis for differently – abled ( PH ) with locomotory disability of lower limbs between 50% – 70%.
- In case, any seat in this 3% quota remains unfilled on account of unavailability of candidates with locomotory disability of lower limbs between 50% – 70% then such unfilled seat shall be filled up by persons with locomotory disability of lower limbs between 40% to 50%.
- Candidates with less than 40% disability are not eligible for the benefit of reservation under PH category.
- The disability certificate should be produced by a duly constituted and authorized Medical Board of the Govt. Medical College / State or Central Govt. Hospitals / Institutions.
- The disability certificate should be issued, within 3 months prior to last date for submission of application.
- The candidates who are qualified in the entrance test under PH category shall appear one day before the day of counseling for physical examination by the Medical Board constituted by the institute, to examine and confirm the extent of the disability as per Govt. guidelines and obtain a valid disability certificate prior to admission.
- The decision of the SVIMS Medical Board on his / her physical disability status shall be final.
- This regulation of guarantee shall not be applicable if PH candidate selected on merit. If there is no PH candidate selected on merit, it would be made up by replacing the last available vacancy/s by PH candidate.
3. Reservation for Women candidates :
- 331/3 % of seats are guaranteed for women candidates in each category i.e. open competition, SC, ST, BC and other reservations. This regulation of guarantee shall not be applicable if women candidate selected on merit in each category form 331/3 % or more of the seats there in. When the no. of women candidates falls short of this percentage, it would be made up by replacing the last available vacancy/s by women candidates in that category.
1. The Procedure of admissions is related to local and Non-local candidates as indicated in G.O.P No.646 Education (E2) Dept. dt 10.07.79 and amended from time to time shall be followed. ( copy of the G.O available in the Institute’s website )
2. The admissions are subject to the procedure laid down in the G.O. Ms.No. 25, Dt: 22.03.2016 of HM & FW (C1), Dept., Govt. of A.P.
3. Admission to 85% of the seats shall be reserved in favor of the local candidates in relation to S.V University region comprising the districts of Anantapur, Kurnool, Chittoor, Cuddapah and Nellore.
4. The following categories are eligible for admission to the remaining 15% of Un-reserved seats…
- All the local candidates defined in the presidential order.
- The candidates who have studied MBBS degree in AU region & OU (Telangana) region.
- Candidates who have resided in the state of A.P/ Telangana for a total period of ten years excluding period of study outside the State of A.P/ Telangana, or either of whose parents have resided in the State of A.P/ Telangana for a total period of ten years excluding period of employment outside the State.
- Candidates who are children of the parents who are in the employment in the state of A.P/ Telangana or Central Government, Public Sector Corporations, Local Bodies, Universities and other similar Quasi-Public Institutions in the State A.P/ Telangana.Candidates, who are spouses of those in employment of the state of A.P/ Telangana or Central Government, Public Sector Corporations, Local Bodies, Universities and Educational Institutions recognized by the Government or a University or other Competent authority and similar other Quasi Government Institutions within the State.
- Candidates who are employed in the State Government Undertakings, Public Sector Corporations, Local Bodies, Universities and other similar quasi-Public institutions within the State of A.P/ Telangana.
- Candidates who are spouses of the local candidates of SVU region.
SVIMS MD Application Form 2016
1. Candidate seeking SVIMSET 2016 MD Admission to Entrance Examination is required to Apply through “Online“.
2. Log on to www.svimstpt.ap.nic.in and navigate to link “Apply Online SVIMSPGET 2016”.
3. The candidate should Read the “Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences Prospectus” carefully and fulfill all the requirements for filling the application through online. Click “Apply Online” and read “Instructions” given in the Screen. Then click “Register” for opening Basic Registration Page.
- An account must be created by using a valid email id, Candidate’s name and Mobile number. The applicant’s full name should be entered as given in the MBBS Degree certificate.
- The system will generate an application ID. The same will be sent to the applicant’s registered email id and registered mobile number by way of SMS provided during the registration process. The candidate can logon to the application using the application number and password.
Form – Step I : Fee payment : The candidate has to pay an amount of 2000/- plus taxes through online mode Debit / Credit Card / Internet Banking.
Form – Step II : On successful login candidate will be directed to Personal Details page. Carefully fill the required details. The mandatory columns mentioned with ‘*’ must be filled and click on “save”.
Form – Step III :
i) Photo upload :
- One recent colour passport size photograph with light background is required.
- Black & White / Polaroid photographs are not acceptable.
- Photograph must be snapped on or after 1st December, 2015.
- The photo shall be uploaded in the size not more than 500 KB.
- Accepted file format are .jpg /.jpeg
ii) Signature Upload :
- The signature of the candidate may be inserted in an area of 2”x1” on white paper with black ball point pen. The signature may be scanned, cropped and saved in 500 KB. Accepted file format are .jpg /.jpeg
iii) Uploading the documents :
- MBBS degree provisional / original certificate.
- MBBS consolidated marks memo. If not available, computerized marks statement of all the years prepared in a single sheet and attested by Principal / Gazetted officer to be uploaded.
- Certificate of Internship. If not available, Annexure – I – Declaration of the candidate and principal.
- Medical council registration certificate ( Temporary / Permanent ).
- Caste certificate for those who are claiming under reservation category.
- Person with Disability ( PWD ) certificate for those who are claiming reservation under PWD category.
- Residence certificate for the candidates who are coming under non – local category.
iv) If application is completed in all aspects then only click “SUBMIT” to generate registration slip
v) Take a print out of the “application” for future reference.
SVIMS MD Admit Card 2016
Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences 2016 MD E-Hall Ticket :
- e – Hall Ticket for the Computer based SVIMSET 2016 Entrance Test shall be available for download to the eligible candidates, whose applications are complete and accurate in all aspects from 20th April, 2016 onwards.
- The Admit card will contain Application Number, Name, Photo, Signature and Venue of the SVIMSET 2016 MD Entrance Test. For any queries, the candidate should contact through mail : email@example.com.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear for the Entrance Test on submission of the SVIMSET 2016 e-Hall Ticket and one of the original photo ID ( PAN card / Driving License / Aadhar card / Passport / Voter id / any government issued ID Proof ) to the test center.
SVIMS MD Exam Pattern
1. The Computer based entrance test shall be conducted by Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupati.
2. The entrance examination is common to all the post-graduate courses and consists of 150 MCQs.
3. An approximate break-up of the question paper is given below :
|Sl.No.||BASIC SCIENCE SUBJECTS||NO. OF MCQS|
|Sl.No||CLINICAL SUBJECTS||NO.OF MCQS|
|3.||Obstetrics & Gynaecology||20|
|10.||Chest & TB||04|
4. The duration of the exam is 135 minutes.
5. All the questions will be of one best / correct response type having four alternatives.
6. Each answer with correct response shall be awarded one mark.
7. There is no negative mark for incorrect response. 8. Zero mark will be given for the questions not answered
SVIMS MD Exam Centres 2016
SVIMS MD Results 2016
SVIMSPGET 2016 Exam Date
Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences 2016 MD Computer based Entrance Exam will be conducted on 24th April, 2016.
SVIMS MD 2016 Result Date
SVIMSPGET Results has been declared
SVIMS MD Counselling 2016
- The qualified candidates have to report for counseling in person with SVIMS PGET 2016 Hall Ticket, rank card and other required original documents. Not attending to the counseling shall render the candidate forfeiting his / her right for admission and the next candidate in the order of merit will be preferred.
- The candidates will be called in the order of merit / rank obtained in the entrance test.
- The second & final SVIMS PGET 2016 Counselling Schedule will be notified in the website www.svimstpt.ap.nic.in. No individual communication will be sent. The candidates have to visit the website and attend for the counseling.
- The SVIMS MD 2016 Second Counselling shall be conducted keeping in view of the following :
- The vacancies arising due to cancellation / discontinuation.
- New seats permitted by MCI.
- Further, sliding option for the candidates already admitted will also be offered, if he / she secured highest rank in the particular category. The candidate has to pay 10,000/- towards sliding fee.
- The seats shall be offered for admission to those candidates who attend the counseling on the date specified and in order of merit and as per the rules of admission.
- No request of postponing the date of counseling or request to appear at a later or earlier date shall be entertained. In case, a candidate fails to report for counseling at the date and time specified, the seat shall be offered to the next merit candidate as per the admission rules.
- Those who fail to produce the list of original documents as mentioned are not eligible for admission irrespective of the rank obtained in the entrance test.
- The candidate has to attend in person for counseling. No proxy / representative is permitted under any circumstances into the counseling hall.
- The selected candidate shall deposit all the original certificates and pay the fee on the date of counseling as specified. Failure to bring and deposit the required certificates and fee shall render the candidate to forfeit the seat and such seat shall be allotted to the next merit candidate. The candidate at the time of joining the course has to submit the bonds as per the proforma furnished at the time of counseling.
- In service candidates and those who are pursing studies at other institutions and who cannot deposit the original certificates at the time of SVIMSPGET Counselling have to bring photo copies of the original certificates duly attested by the controlling authorities of the Institutions where they are working. They shall also produce “No Objection Certificate” from the parent Institution that such Institution has No objection to the candidate’s admission to undergo the post – graduate course at SVIMS and in the event of selection of the candidate to the course, he /she shall be relieved immediately.
- In all matters relating to selection and SVIMSPGET Admission, the decision of the Institute shall be final and binding on the candidate and selection cannot be questioned after admissions are closed.
- The selection candidates has to produce a medical fitness certificate certified by the Medical Officer, not lower than the rank of Civil Surgeon / Professor working in Government Institutions.
SVIMS MD Important Dates 2016
|Issue of notification||24th March, 2016|
|Commencement of Online Registration||24th March, 2016|
|Last date for Online Registration of Applications||11th April, 2016|
|Download of Admit Card ( e – Hall Ticket )||20th April, 2016
|Computer based Entrance Test||24th April, 2016
2:30 PM to 04:45 PM
|Release of question paper and key||24th April, 2016
after 5:00 PM
|Receiving objections ( if any ) through email||26th April, 2016
upto 5:00 PM
|Release of final key and Merit List||2nd May, 2016
After 5:00 PM
|Download of Rank Card ( Available through online only and not by post )||6th May, 2016|
|Verification of PH status by Medical board||10th May, 2016|
|Date of counseling, payment of fee, submission of original certificates and bond||11th May, 2016|
|Second & Final Counseling||Will be notified in the website|
|Commencement of the course||16th May, 2016|
|Closure of admission||31st May, 2016|
Contact Details :
Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences,
Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams,
Tirupati – 517 507.
Website : www.svimstpt.ap.nic.in