Important : SVIMS MD Admission will be based on NEET PG.
SVIMS MD Entrance Exam 2018
Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences invites application for the admission into MD Courses for the academic year 2018 – 2019.
SVIMS MD 2018 Eligibility
The candidates who have passed MBBS degree from a medical college recognized by MCI and completed internship at the time of their applying are eligible. The candidates who will be completing internship on or before 31st March, 2018 are also eligible to apply and such candidates have to submit their application along with internship completion certificate.
Must have registered with the Medical Council of India / State Medical Council.
Candidates who are already studying PG Degree / Diploma course shall not be permitted to appear for entrance test unless they fulfill the requisite bond condition executed for the course they are presently enrolled in and shall submit an evidence in favor of the same from the University.
Note : If the candidate is found to have submitted false / concealed information, he / she is liable to be disqualified for admission and in case already admitted, the admission will be cancelled and disciplinary action will be taken.
SVIMS MD 2018 Reservation of Seats
|S.No||Name of the Course||Duration||No. of Seats||Basic Qualification Required|
|1||MD ( Anaesthesiology )||3 Years||08||MBBS and completed internship by 31st March, 2018|
|2||MD ( Biochemistry )||3 Years||01|
|3||MD ( Emergency Medicine )||3 Years||02|
|4||MD ( Transfusion Medicine )||3 Years||01|
|5||MD ( Medicine )||3 Years||04|
|6||MD ( Microbiology )||3 Years||01|
|7||MD ( Nuclear Medicine )||3 Years||02|
|8||MD ( Pathology )||3 Years||02|
|9||MD ( Radiotherapy )||3 Years||02|
|10||MD ( Radiodiagnosis )||3 Years||02|
The statutory reservations applicable to the candidates of the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Backward classes belonging to the State of Andhra Pradesh only which are specified by the Govt. of A.P from time to time shall be considered. They are called vertical reservations.
- The reservations to SC, ST and BC categories shall be 15, 6 and 29% respectively in each Speciality.
- The number of seats for SC, ST and BCs shall be maintained as per reservations.
- 29% of seats for BC shall be distributed as BC – A – 7%, BC – B – 10%, BC – C – 1%, BC – D – 7% and BC – E – 4%.
- The permanent social status certificate issued for SC / ST / BC categories shall be subject to the scrutiny as per the orders of the Govt. during admission.
Rule of Reservation for Person with Disability ( PWD ) shall be on fulfillment of the following :
- There shall be 3% reservation in 100 point roster system on horizontal basis for differently – abled ( PH ) with locomotory disability of lower limbs between 50% – 70%.
- In case, any seat in this 3% quota remains unfilled on account of unavailability of candidates with locomotory disability of lower limbs between 50% – 70% then such unfilled seat shall be filled up by persons with locomotory disability of lower limbs between 40% to 50%.
- Candidates with less than 40% disability are not eligible for the benefit of reservation under PH category.
- The disability certificate should be produced by a duly constituted and authorized Medical Board of the Govt. Medical College / State or Central Govt. Hospitals / Institutions.
- The disability certificate should be issued, within 3 months prior to last date for submission of application.
- The candidates who are qualified in the entrance test under PH category shall appear one day before the day of counseling for physical examination by the Medical Board constituted by the institute, to examine and confirm the extent of the disability as per Govt. guidelines and obtain a valid disability certificate prior to admission.
- The decision of the SVIMS Medical Board on his / her physical disability status shall be final.
- This regulation of guarantee shall not be applicable if PH candidate selected on merit. If there is no PH candidate selected on merit, it would be made up by replacing the last available vacancy/s by PH candidate.
Reservation for Women candidates
- 331/3 % of seats are guaranteed for women candidates in each category i.e. open competition, SC, ST, BC and other reservations. This regulation of guarantee shall not be applicable if women candidate selected on merit in each category form 331/3 % or more of the seats there in. When the no. of women candidates falls short of this percentage, it would be made up by replacing the last available vacancy/s by women candidates in that category.
Local Area Reservations
The Procedure of admissions is related to local and Non-local candidates as indicated in G.O.P No.646 Education (E2) Dept. dt 10.07.79 and amended from time to time shall be followed. ( copy of the G.O available in the Institute’s website )
The admissions are subject to the procedure laid down in the G.O. Ms.No. 25, Dt: 22.03.2016 of HM & FW (C1), Dept., Govt. of A.P.
Admission to 85% of the seats shall be reserved in favor of the local candidates in relation to S.V University region comprising the districts of Anantapur, Kurnool, Chittoor, Cuddapah and Nellore.
The following categories are eligible for admission to the remaining 15% of Un-reserved seats…
- All the local candidates defined in the presidential order.
- The candidates who have studied MBBS degree in AU region & OU ( Telangana ) region.
- Candidates who have resided in the state of A.P/ Telangana for a total period of ten years excluding period of study outside the State of A.P/ Telangana, or either of whose parents have resided in the State of A.P/ Telangana for a total period of ten years excluding period of employment outside the State.
- Candidates who are children of the parents who are in the employment in the state of A.P/ Telangana or Central Government, Public Sector Corporations, Local Bodies, Universities and other similar Quasi-Public Institutions in the State A.P/ Telangana.Candidates, who are spouses of those in employment of the state of A.P/ Telangana or Central Government, Public Sector Corporations, Local Bodies, Universities and Educational Institutions recognized by the Government or a University or other Competent authority and similar other Quasi Government Institutions within the State.
- Candidates who are employed in the State Government Undertakings, Public Sector Corporations, Local Bodies, Universities and other similar quasi-Public institutions within the State of A.P/ Telangana.
- Candidates who are spouses of the local candidates of SVU region.