Application invited free coaching UPSC Civil Service Examinations
Application invited for free coaching UPSC Civil Service Examinations
Government of Tamil Nadu
Directorate of Collegiate Education,
Chennai – 600 006.
Applications are invited from Women candidates of Tamil Nadu to undergo free coaching for the UPSC (Civil Services) Examination (I.A.S., I.F.S. I.P.S. etc.,) at the following Colleges:-
- Queen Mary’s College (Autonomous), Chennai – 600 004,
- Sri Meenakshi Government College for Women (Autonomous), Madurai – 625 002.
1) Candidates should apply to any one of, the centres i.e, Queen Mary’s College (Autonomous), Chennai – 4. OR Sri Meenakshi Government College for Women (Autonomous), Madurai – 2 in which they prefer to undergo the free coaching.
2) The Application for entrance examination should be sent to the centre preferred. Queen Mary’s College (Autonomous), Chennai-4. OR Sri Meenakshi Government College for Women (Autonomous), Madurai -2.
3) The interview and the coaching will be conducted in the preferred centre only. Queen Mary’s College (Autonomous), Chennai-4. OR Sri Meenakshi Government College for Women (Autonomous), Madurai-2.
Eligibility: A Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline.
Age: Age as on 01.08.2009 should be 21 years; Maximum age limit is 30 years for OC candidates, 33 years for BC /MBC candidates and 35 for SC/ST candidates.
Selection Procedure: Selection is based on Entrance Test and Interview. Short listed candidates based on merit will be called for an interview.
The Entrance Examination will consist of objective type of questions on the following subjects:-
1. Indian History
3. Public Administration
5. Current Affairs
6. General English
7. General Science.
Entrance Examination will be conducted at Queen Mary’s College (Autonomous), Chennai – 4. OR Sri Meenakshi Government College for Women (Autonomous), Madurai – 2. on 30.8.2008 Saturday between 10.30 A.M. and 12.30 P.M.
The Entrance Examination marks will be published on the Notice board of the respective centres on 03.09.2008.
The Candidates should apply for the Entrance Examination in the following format:-
The application in A4 size paper with a RECENT PASSPORT size photo affixed and attested at the right hand side comer, a crossed Demand Draft for Rs.200/- from any Nationalised Bank drawn in favour of the Principal of the preferred centre and a self addressed sufficiently stamped envelope should be sent to the Principal of the preferred centre, so as to reach the respective centre on or before 09.08.2008, The envelope should be superscribed as “Civil Services Examinations Coaching Application For Entrance Examination”.
The name and address of the candidate should be clearly written on the reverse of the Demand Draft and the envelope.
No TA/ DA will be paid for the candidates appearing for the Entrance Examination / Interview.
- Last date for receipt of application: 09.08.2008
- Date of Entrance Examination: 30.08.2008
- Date of Publication of Entrance Examination Marks: 03.09.2008 at the respective centre