AICTE – ISTE Short Term Training Programme
AICTE – ISTE Short Term Training Programmes for Technical Teachers :
The ISTE being a Strategic Partner of MHRD / AICTE, will undertake a number of faculty development programmes for the technical teachers. In view of above, ISTE submitted a proposal to AICTE to conduct short – term training programmes under various topics in AICTE approved engineering colleges and polytechnic colleges for giving training to the engineering teachers.
By considering the proposal, the Chairman, All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi accepted in principle and permitted ISTE to invite proposals from various AICTE approved institutions. The short – listed AICTE – ISTE short – term training programmes will be sponsored by the All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi with a grant – in – aid of [rupee] 5 lakhs per programme for a period of two weeks.
The Summer / Winter School Programmes are being organized by the ISTE since 1965. These programmes are fully funded by the MHRD / AICTE. These Summer and Winter School Programmes have since been redesignated as Short – Term Training Programmes ( STTPs ). The STTPs are being conducted for giving training to the engineering teachers working in University Departments and AICTE approved Engineering Colleges and Polytechnic colleges.
ISTE have conducted 3024 STTPs with 85067 participants for the College Faculty and 1264 STTPs with 30247 participants for the Polytechnic Faculty AICTE. The STTPs are being conducted for giving training to the engineering teachers working during the period from 1965 – 66 to till date.
Aims of ISTE Short Term Training Programmes :
The aims of conducting Short Term Training Programmes by ISTE are stated below :
1. Updating the knowledge and skills of teachers.
2. Providing opportunities for teachers of Engineering Colleges and Polytechnics for improving their organizational and pedagogical skills.
3. Providing an opportunity for interaction and mutual exchange of ideas between teachers interested and / or working in particular areas of specialization.
4. Providing an opportunity for teachers to familiarize themselves with modern engineering practices including the latest technological advances adopted by industry keeping in view the national needs and priorities and relevant technologies.
5. Opening up before teachers’ new vistas in technology at the frontiers of knowledge and the challenges.
6. Rapid technological changes in the wake of privatization, and globalization, especially in the field of electronics, computer science and IT are making it essential for teachers to update their knowledge and skills more frequently than before.
7. Recently there has been a manifold increase in the number of institutions and teachers working therein. All these teachers are required to undergo STTPs of total duration of two weeks in a span of 6 years for their professional refinement as well as to make them eligible for promotion to higher grades under the Career Advancement Scheme stipulated by the AICTE.
ISTE invites proposal from AICTE approved engineering colleges and polytechnics to conduct AICTE – ISTE STTPs in the prescribed format for giving training to the engineering teachers working in university departments, engineering colleges and polytechnic colleges for the academic year 2012 – 2013.
The suggested topics for conduct of STTPs and format for the proposal are available in the ISTE official website : www.isteonline.in. Institutions may download the application form and send the filled in form to the following address on or before 31st October, 2012 :
Contact Details :
The Executive Secretary,
Indian Society for Technical Education,
IIT Campus, Near Katwaria Sarai,
New Delhi – 110 016,
Phone No. : 011 – 26513542, 26963431,
Fax No. : 011 – 26852421,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.isteonline.in.