AIMS – Amrita University MTech AdmissionNews »
Amrita University Admission 2018
Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Amrita University invites application form for Master of Technology ( M.Tech ) programmes commencing in the session 2018.
- Automotive Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Communication Engineering & Signal Processing
- Computational Engineering & Networking ( Focus on AI & Data Science )
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Cyber Security
- Cyber Security Systems & Networks
- Embedded Systems
- Engineering Design
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Power Electronics
- Power & Energy
- Remote Sensing & Wireless Sensor Networks
- Thermal & Fluids
- Thermal Science & Energy Systems
- VLSI Design [ Amritapuri, Bengaluru, Coimbatore ]
- Wireless Networks & Applications
Amrita University Admission 2018 Eligibility
Applicants shall have the eligibility criteria as mentioned below
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology ( 4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc. / Diploma in Engineering / Technology ) - Currently in the final year or already completed. ( or )
- M. Sc. / MCA or equivalent Master’s degree in any branch of Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent. ( or )
- Professional Society Examinations ( equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech. / B. Arch. ) recognised by MHRD / UPSC / AICTE ( e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India ).
- Applicants should have scored a minimum of 60% in the qualifying degree.
Amrita University Admission 2018 Application Form
How to apply
- Application submission is completely online. Prospective applicants shall register for the Amrita Graduate Entrance Test ( AGET ) for M.Tech. through the online portal provided in the website www.amrita.edu.
- The application fee is ₹960/- which is NEITHER refundable NOR transferable.
- Payment has to be made online through net banking and debit / credit cards.
- As per the prevailing norms, additional online transaction charges or bank charges may be applicable.
Amrita University Admission 2018 Selection Process
- Admission is through all India entrance – Amrita Graduate Entrance Test 2018 for M.Tech. Amrita Graduate Entrance Test ( AGET ) 2018 is the only test for NON-GATE qualified candidates to get an admission to the M.Tech Programs offered by Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham.
- The test is conducted for 8 different papers.
- The Duration of the test is for 120 minutes.
- There will be total of 60 questions.
- 30 from engineering based on the qualifying degree, 30 from Mathematics & Aptitude.
- All questions are of multiple choice.
- A correct answer will be awarded 3 marks.
- There is NO NEGATIVE marking.
- GATE qualified applicants are given direct admission provided they qualify through interview conducted before the last date of application submission.
- If not qualified, applicants can choose the paper appropriate to the discipline of their qualifying degree if Amrita Graduate Entrance Test ( AGET ) exam is available in such a discipline.
- This is to be eligible for a specialization where the qualifying examination is not relevant.
Amrita University Admission 2018 Important Dates
|1||Last date of application submission||01st June, 2018|
|2||Amrita Graduate Entrance Test for M.Tech||13th May, 09th & 10th June, 2018|
|3||Slot booking will commence on||03rd May, 2018|
|4||Publication of Results||12th June, 2018|
|5||Option to change the preference||13th June, 2018|
|6||Seat Allotment||15th June, 2018|
|7||Fee Submission||25th June, 2018|
|8||Commencement of classes||Second week of July|
Amrita University to facilitate Student Exchange Programme
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham will facilitate the Indo – European Union exchange programme, Erasmus Mundus II in India. The European lead university is Politecnico Di Torino in Italy.
The exchange programme is a project worth Euro three million, which will facilitate 126 students, faculty and research exchange programmes from India to various leading universities in the European Union.
Over the last three years, Amrita has sent more than 150 students on the semester abroad programme to various premier universities in the United States and Europe.
There are nine partners in Europe and nine in India, including Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, Anna University, Chennai, Jadavpur University, Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad, and Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata.
The objective of the exchange programme is to foster institutional co – operation and mutual recognition among European and Indian higher educational institutions through a transfer of know – how and good practices that will create open – minded and internationally experienced students, researchers and staff.
The partnership offers academic scholarships to Indian students through student exchange programmes, enhances internationalisation and helps improve management capabilities of Indian universities by enhancing skills and qualification of Indian students and staff.
An initial meeting of the programme was held from November at Amrita. Indian and European partners from universities attended the meeting to exchange ideas to promote the programme, select and evaluate students, etc.
Amrita wins NABARD Award
The Amrita Centre for Wireless Networks and Applications of the Amrita University has won the second prize of the NABARD Award for Rural Innovations 2012 under the academic and research innovations category.
P. Chidambaram, Union Minister of Finance, presented the award to Maneesha Sudheer, director, Amrita Centre for Wireless Networks and Applications, at a function held in New Delhi.
A statement issued in this regard said that the award was given for the research project, Real – time Landslide Monitoring System via Wireless Sensor Network, at Munnar, by scientists led by Dr. Sudheer who had designed, developed and deployed it.
This innovative three- level warning system uses wireless sensor network technology to issue real – time landslide warnings prior to an impending landslide thereby facilitating evacuation and better disaster management.
This first – ever comprehensive landslide detection system using wireless sensor network technology is replicable.
The Union government has also selected it as a model project and has asked the Amrita Centre to deploy it in several landslide – prone areas in the Himalayas and the North – East regions to save human lives.
The NABARD award for Rural Innovations had more than 1,400 entries in five categories – Public Sector / Government, Private Sector, Academic / Research Institution, NGO / Trust, Individual – in six broad segments including Energy, Financial Services, Training and Skills Up – gradation, Agriculture and Technology.
The final awardees were selected from the 30 shortlisted in five categories by a jury headed by Jairam Ramesh, Union Minister of Rural Development.
Amrita Centre for Nanosciences,
Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences,
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham,
AIMS Ponnekkara P O,
Kochi – 682 041.
Phone : 0484 – 2858750.
Website : www.amrita.edu.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.