Best Chemistry Teachers Awards 2012
On the occasion of Teachers Day, the Association of Chemistry Teachers ( ACT ), in association with Confederation of Indian Industries ( CII ) and Tata Chemicals Ltd., invites entries for its second series of “Best Chemistry Teachers Awards ( BCTA ) 2012. This initiative has been launched to honour exemplary teachers involved in teaching Chemistry and its allied subjects.
With the success of the awards instituted last year to commemorate United Nation’s International Year of Chemistry ( IYC 2011 ), BCTA now steps into the second year. The call for entries is now open and will be closed on 30th September, 2012.
The Nominations for the entries are classified in the below five Distinct Award categories :
- Best Chemistry Teacher ( Class XI / XII and equivalent )
- Best Chemistry Teacher ( Bachelor’s Degree and equivalent )
- Best Chemistry Teacher ( For Master’s Degree and above )
- Best Chemistry Teacher for promotion of Chemistry as a subject
- Best Young Chemistry Teacher
“Tata Chemicals has created an interactive website called the “Human Touch of Chemistry” ( http://www.humantouchofchemistry.com ), wherein interested teachers can download the nomination forms and send in their nominations for awards in the above mentioned categories.”
The winners for the awards will be selected by an eminent panel comprising renowned Indian scientists, professionals and academia and will be felicitated by Mr. Kapil Sibal, Union Minister for Human Resource Development; Communications and Information Technology at the CII Global Higher Education Summit 2012 on 8th November, 2012 in New Delhi.
For details Contact :
Charles Santhakumar T
Phone : +91 99946 82305
Best Chemistry Teachers 2012 Awards
K. Sudhakar Babu, Professor of chemistry at Sri Krishnadevaraya University at Anantapur on 3rd October, 2012 said that applications for Best Chemistry Teacher Award ( BCTA ) has been extended to 7th October, 2012.
Tata Chemicals, in association with Confederation of Indian Industry and the Association of Chemistry Teachers ( ACT ), has instituted the award last year for chemistry teachers who excel in teaching the subject sparking an interest amongst the students.
Dr. Babu, who represents seven States in southern zone – Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry, Lakshadweep including Andhra Pradesh – and coordinates the ACT said that the awards were aimed at appreciating and encouraging the efforts of exemplary individuals involved in teaching chemistry and its allied components at various educational levels around the country.
The eligible applicants are chemistry teachers from class XI and XII, under graduate courses and post graduate level. BCTA Award ceremony will be in the first week of November 2012. Nomination forms will be available in website www.humantouchofchemistry.com and completed forms can also be sent to HBSCE, TIFR Mumbai by 7th October, 2012.
State Award for Best Teachers
Eleven teachers from Coimbatore received the State Government’s Dr. Radhakrishnan Award for best teachers at a function held in Chennai on 5th September, 2012.
The Awardees are :
Primary School Teacher Awards :
- K.R. Saraswathi, headmistress, Panchayat Union Middle School, Mulathurai;
- T. Shantakumari, headmistress, P.U.M.S., Arasur;
- K. Rathnamoorthy, headmaster, P.U.M.S, Kolarpatti, Pollachi South;
- M.V. Periyanayakam, headmistress, P.U.M.S. Sreenivasapuram;
- R. Swaminathan, P.U.M.S, 24, Veerapandi;
- Krishnaveni, headmistress, Aryavaisya Middle School.
High School Teacher Awards:
- Ramadas, headmaster, Corporation Boy’s Higher Secondary School, Ramanathapuram;
- Balasubramanian, headmaster, Government Boys’ Higher Secondary School, Anaimalai;
- Balakrishnan, headmaster, Government Higher Secondary School, Kalveerampalayam;
- P. Renugadevi, headmistress, Government High School, Devampadikalipalayam
- Hajah Sheriff, headmaster, C.M.S. Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Ganapathy.
17 Teachers selected for Best Teacher Award for 2011 – 12
Seventeen teachers of government, government aided and private schools in Tiruchi district have been chosen for Dr.Radhakrishnan Best Teacher Award for 2011 – 12.
The school education department in the district forwarded nominations of teachers who were instrumental in the areas of increasing student enrolment, enforcement of discipline, development of infrastructure, and enhancing competencies of students through conduct of competitions.
Nominations from only those who were seen as role models by students and against whom there was no record of complaint in their entire service period were accepted, Chief Educational Officer K.Selvakumar said.
During the Teachers’ Day celebration in Chennai later this week, these teachers will be honoured by the School Education Minister N.R. Sivapathi.
Each teacher chosen for the award will be given a medal, a citation and a cash incentive of 5,000, official sources said.
Awardees for Best Teachers
The awardees constitute :
- M. Anburaj, Headmaster, Bishop Heber HSS, Teppakulam;
- S. Elizabeth, Drawing Teacher, Holy Cross HSS;
- R. Govindaraj, Headmaster, Government Boys HSS, Manachanallur;
- V. Srinivasan, HM, Dalmia HSS, Dalimiapuram;
- S. Dharmalingam, PG Teacher in Maths, Government Boys HSS, Mettupalayam, Musiri;
- K. Kannagi, Headmistress, Government High School, Serugudi Musiri;
- C. Selvaraj, Headmaster, Government High School, Nagaianallur, Musiri;
- D. Arokiaraj, Principal, AKKV Aarunadu Matric HSS, Annamalai Nagar;
- O.T. Rosali Thomas, BHEL Matric HSS, Kaliasapuram;
- S. Chandrasekaran, HM, Alangavilas Singarampari Sivabackikam Memorial Middle School, Dharanallur;
- M. Mohan, Headmaster, Saroja Kasturi Rangan Middle School, Periya Chetti Theru, Tiruchi;
- G. Raghavan, Headmaster, Tennur Middle School;
- D. Stephen, Headmaster, Panchayat Union Middle School, Lalgudi;
- A. Kadija Beevi, Headmistress, Panchayat Union Middle School, Koothur, Mannachanallur;
- P. Mukilan, Headmaster, Panchayat Union Middle School, Neikulam, Manachanallur;
- M. Chandrasekarn, Headmaster, Panchayat Union Middle School, Kaduvetti, Thottiyam;
- D. Manoharan, Headmaster, Panchayat Union Elementary School, Kilinjanatham, Thottiyam.
Of the 17 awardees, seven are from secondary and higher secondary schools, two from private schools, and the rest from primary and upper primary schools.
The number of best teacher awardees was the same last year also, official sources added.